HHN 22 Discussion

I think it is kinda funny how they don't do the Event at Islands of Adventure or on both parks because of the "Space Issue"

and because of how the park is set up like a big circle,

and people here would say they dont want to walk so a two park event would be bad because of this,

yet, this year, seems like studios would have those exact problems, lack of space for crowds, and a lot of walking around....

also, with the BIG promotion Walking Dead is having, this year will see triple the guests coming in to the park,

so you have a park full of blocked streets, little space to move around, and humongous crowds

Edited by Mr. Black

So this year's streets suck?

....... :huh:

is funny I always defend IP houses, and IP years, but it is starting to feel to me that IP years always end up sucking, at least street wise,

maybe the people that hate IPs are right, all along

How in the world do IP houses have any effect on how the streets are done? :blink:

How in the world do IP houses have any effect on how the streets are done? :blink:

feels like a pattern kind of, 2007 there were no streets, 2009 the streets kinda sucked a little bit, Containment was pretty awful, the costumes of Apocalypse were pretty bad, they only had like 2 good zones, I am not bashing them, just that the general opinion was that it was not great, this year it sounds like some things are going to be a mess,

I just think is kinda weird how the really negative comments from people of the zones happened to be IP years,

The path where 7 was last year is the only path around the park. So, if you're coming from, say B&T, instead of cutting through Amity or down Shrek Alley you have to walk around through hollywood to get to, let's say, Disaster. It just makes for longer walking time.

(That was explained poorly, I apologize.)

It's better explained with visual representation or seeing it at the park yourself. Simply put, there's just a lot of construction fences up through main walking parts of the park that make traveling from one end to the other a pain in the ass, if you hate walking.

So that narrow walkway area that you could walk through the amity construction area that had all the universal movie posters on the walls is blocked off too?? that actually does suck then, why couldn't they have kept that?

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

So that narrow walkway area that you could walk through the amity construction area that had all the universal movie posters on the walls is blocked off too?? that actually does suck then, why couldn't they have kept that?

The path is VERY narrow, so I didn't walk down it. I believe it's open but it's such a pain during regular park hours that I can't imagine how bad it was last night if it was open.

Is it certain that this is how it will stay? I mean, did it look like permanent structure blocking the pathways for the rest of the event? Only asking because maybe it was just for the EP night to crowd control? wishful thinking maybe... <_<

Pretty certain it will stay this way because of the ongoing construction in the park.

Im obviously not a Florida resident, and Ive never been to HHN (always follow it though, and im going this year) but by the picture, it doesnt look like that big of a deal.

I said the same thing before I went to HHN Orlando the first time. I live in CA, and have been to the Hollywood HHN forever, so I thought "how bad could it be?" You will be amazed at how much walking you will do at HHN Orlando when there are no pathways blocked. I think every person this board will back me up on this. They seem to have entrances and exits placed to maximize walking distance (wait till you see what a pain in the butt it is to hit the three Soundstage houses from queue entrances that are placed far apart - only to exit at the same exact location for all three houses). How I wish they would have one SS house exit lead to the next entrance. Blasphemy, I know - it would really ruin the feel of the event, but my God, all the walking saved... Same thing with the Tents and Parade building.

Trust me when I say it's an exhausting event. The first year I went ('04), I circumnavigated the event twice, stopping at houses along the way each pass. According to my pedometer, I did 12 freaking miles - in 5 hours. Why walk the event twice in a night? Because you see a 75 minute wait and say "maybe the next house is only 15 minutes".

• Like 1

Which of the tent houses' exits line up to the entrance of the next? Is it the same set up as last year?

AC exits where P&T enters.

It really isn't that big of a deal with the blockage. I never realized that was the shorter way to hit some houses and went in the full circle anyway. it's not THAT much walking and will only take an extra minute. Now, if AMITY was completely blocked off and the park was a cresent, we'd be having a different conversation.

• Like 2

AC exits where P&T enters.

It really isn't that big of a deal with the blockage. I never realized that was the shorter way to hit some houses and went in the full circle anyway. it's not THAT much walking and will only take an extra minute. Now, if AMITY was completely blocked off and the park was a cresent, we'd be having a different conversation.

And HOH exits at AC?

Hopefully they fixed it...the part where I THINK you're supposed to be able to scroll through the houses repeatedly crashed both my Nexus 7 Tablet and Droid Pro phone this weekend when I first downloaded it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the park walking issue, I don't think it's an issue at all. OK, so you can't cut corners over by the soundstages which would have sucked last year as we made a couple mad dashes over to the Death Drum shows when we heard AC/DC come on and would have missed half the show if we had to take the long way around.

But, come on...as everybody has already said, you do a TON of walking in a night anyway....so now, suddenly, a little more is a horrible deal breaker? I know there are no set Scare Zones (we'll have to see if that evolves after all the complaining) but these couple little blocked streets seem almost like a good idea as it keeps you in the areas where the Scare Zones might be.

Not to mention, it's a construction site, so what could you do anyway?

less walking than 2004... not a big deal. I do the loop once a week lately. Why is everyone freaking out about every little thing this year? I should have made the counter say "Start Complaining". :P

Just go and have a good time and if you don't... then complain :)

(Incidentally... no idea why it sometimes posts START in big letters after finishing the animation... Something I goofed probably. I swear I tested in multiple times... Eh... well close enough.)

• Like 4

Two loops counter clockwise looks like about 2 miles tops. Someone more familiar with the actual paths used for the

parade building and two tents could re-do the route below if they wanted. My route below is about 9/10th of mile for one loop.

I use http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/ to map my running routes.

This is not that much walking. Wear comfy shoes people. :)

CclockwiseloopHHN22_zpsed28b437.jpg

Its actually not a big deal at all. Just some extra walking.

I mean it's not the end of the world or a deal breaker, but it blocks off the shortcut paths that I always take whether it's HHN or not. I always cut through Shrek Alley or that other side next to NY, so it's going to be a pain to have to adjust and go all the way around by force. Takes up more time too in getting from one place to another. But hey w/e the exercise is good.

Edited by rockingamer17

I'm assuming everyone complaining about the park basically being turned into a complete circle, hate the year's at IOA right? And Shrek Alley was closed off as of last week, so this is not an HHN thing. And the Monster Cafe side has been blocked for some time.

These are from September 13th. Seems like they just stopped people from going to the walls.

A2tHhA3CMAAD8IF.jpg

A2tWyBgCAAEa5P_.jpg

Edited by StewieGriffin