HHN 22 Discussion

Here's the official Facebook update:

"With only 4 days until the opening of HHN, Penn and Teller wanted to give you a personal first look at their all-new 3D haunted house, “Penn &Teller’s New(kd) Las Vegas.” Concepted by the bad boys of magic themselves, this dark, dilapidated and radioactive house features the best of Vegas."

And yes, the part about being able to scare other guests with effects made my inner fanboy squeal.

• Like 1

Here's the official Facebook update:

"With only 4 days until the opening of HHN, Penn and Teller wanted to give you a personal first look at their all-new 3D haunted house, “Penn &Teller’s New(kd) Las Vegas.” Concepted by the bad boys of magic themselves, this dark, dilapidated and radioactive house features the best of Vegas."

And yes, the part about being able to scare other guests with effects made my inner fanboy squeal.

That sounds awesome, but I expect that to not last very long. It will cause a backup and people will break it. Still it sounds cool.

• Like 1

So I have pretty much avoided anything and everything TWD, but I have still become so sick of seeing it everywhere. I get that it's their big IP (people are going to come solely because TWD is there) and they paid lots of money for it so they're going to use it but I think it's a little overkill. I am a big fan of the show, and all of this stuff is kind of ruining it for me. This makes me sad :( I also feel like they're leaving all the other houses and their street experience in the dust. Sorry to post something negative especially since I think this year is going to be AMAZING..it's just something I'm seeing more and more of and it is starting to annoy me.

• Like 3

So I have pretty much avoided anything and everything TWD, but I have still become so sick of seeing it everywhere. I get that it's their big IP (people are going to come solely because TWD is there) and they paid lots of money for it so they're going to use it but I think it's a little overkill. I am a big fan of the show, and all of this stuff is kind of ruining it for me. This makes me sad :( I also feel like they're leaving all the other houses and their street experience in the dust. Sorry to post something negative especially since I think this year is going to be AMAZING..it's just something I'm seeing more and more of and it is starting to annoy me.

Agree but disagree. Originally, yes, they were heavily advertising TWD the first few weeks before and after the reveal, but it seems to have started leveling out to the other IPs and the rest of the houses now. It's kinda like they cast the line, waited for the big audience bite, and are now reeling them in with teasers from Gothic, Silent Hill, and Penn and Teller this week. If I'm Alice Cooper, I'm actually probably a little pissed that you haven't heard "boo" from Orlando about your house.

• Like 1

Agree but disagree. Originally, yes, they were heavily advertising TWD the first few weeks before and after the reveal, but it seems to have started leveling out to the other IPs and the rest of the houses now. It's kinda like they cast the line, waited for the big audience bite, and are now reeling them in with teasers from Gothic, Silent Hill, and Penn and Teller this week. If I'm Alice Cooper, I'm actually probably a little pissed that you haven't heard "boo" from Orlando about your house.

That's not entirely true. About 1 or 2 weeks ago, their Facebook was entirely dedicated to Alice with his face as the profile picture and updates all throughout the week.

It seems they change the focus of their Facebook page weekly to hype all the houses, but I'm speaking from a marketing and advertising stand point. Everything you see or hear about HHN 22 outside of their Facebook page is pretty much all TWD (commercials, promo material, merchandise, etc)

I also find it lame that when it's a certain houses turn to be the focal point of that week, they release "exclusive updates", but it's all pictures that have been released days or weeks earlier, almost never anything actually new except walkthrough videos that IMO actually ruin certain aspects of the event.

• Like 1

Since the scarezones will be moving from place to place,

I wonder if they will follow a Pattern every night so that we know when a specific zone will be? There is always a Zone that I like more than the others, that I like to go by,

but with the changing from place to place, I wonder if I won't be able to see when whenever I want to, I kinda wish we find out the pattern and we will know when a scarezone will be where, that would be good

It seems they change the focus of their Facebook page weekly to hype all the houses, but I'm speaking from a marketing and advertising stand point. Everything you see or hear about HHN 22 outside of their Facebook page is pretty much all TWD (commercials, promo material, merchandise, etc)

I saw the tv commercial(s) and heard the radio commercial(s) today and it wasn't "pretty much all TWD." Sure TWD is a big focal point but they are also pushing Silent Hill and Alice Cooper as the other two of the main three houses. Don't know what you've been seeing/hearing ad wise besides maybe the Publix ads.

• Like 1

The rumor is that they WILL actually be there on a few nights; otherwise, it'll be a filler projection/prop probably.

This is not a rumor, it is a fact. Penn said on his podcast (Penn's Sunday School) this week that on Friday night they will be in the final room of the house. He said all night but I can't imagine they won't take breaks. He also made mention that they will be showing up several times unannounced throughout the event to do the same thing. He also talks a bit about the process and some of the other houses. It's worth checking out, just search Penn's Sunday School in itunes, it's the one posted this past Sunday (16th). He talks about HHN for the last 20 minutes or so.

Edited by AaronPaHHNFan
  • Like 2

This is not a rumor, it is a fact. Penn said on his podcast (Penn's Sunday School) this week that on Friday night they will be in the final room of the house. He said all night but I can't imagine they won't take breaks. He also made mention that they will be showing up several times unannounced throughout the event to do the same thing. He also talks a bit about the process and some of the other houses. It's worth checking out, just search Penn's Sunday School in itunes, it's the one posted this past Sunday (16th). He talks about HHN for the last 20 minutes or so.

"Universal owns halloween...and Disney does it's kinda p***y thing with Not So Scary Halloween"

"You don't think about wearing 3D glasses in the real world, but when you do, it f**ks up your s**t"

Ha ha ha, classic.

• Like 1

"Universal owns halloween...and Disney does it's kinda p***y thing with Not So Scary Halloween"

"You don't think about wearing 3D glasses in the real world, but when you do, it f**ks up your s**t"

Ha ha ha, classic.

I had a good laugh at that too. He flat out says their house is the humor house but that it has just enough humor to lull you into feeling "safe" then bam something jumps out at ya. He seems like he enjoyed the process, hopefully that shows in the house.