HHN 22 Discussion

Here is a prerelease map for HHNXXII.

f4fd2714.jpg

Well, looks like the Walkers horde was indeed scrapped. That was my most anticipated zone too.

so we are getting 7 houses and 6 zones.... 6 Zones,.... confirmed....What the F__k?...

and nothing in the Lagoon... Like I said before...I knew it, I knew they were not going to bother,

this sucks, I know people are going to say im just being negative and bla bla.

but the zombie horde was the Whole point of making the zones different, and now, it's gone.....

Edited by Mr. Black

Is it possble that Walkers would be added maybe later? Or were they scrapped beause AMC had beef with the use of the walkers outside of the house? or maybe the walkers were just absorbed into one of the other groups already listed?

all good questions, all could happen, actually, at this point with the maps being shown, I doubt it would be introduced, unless people complained, I don't see how they would just add them later since they need the publicity,

maybe the walkers did join another zones, maybe they joined the iniquitis zone, maybe,

I would not be surprised if they had problems with AMC about it,

but this late in the game really? what the f__k, you would think they have their crap together by now,

the only hope I have is that they are not erased and they will show up in the park but without a name, like a secret surprise roaming zone,

I love how it went from everybody screaming the sky was falling and we were getting like 4 houses and no scarezones (OK, that's an exaggeration) to everybody being so happy when they announced the houses, back to the gloom and doom from a pre-release map.

Having said that, I'm actually quite excited for this year. The 2007 "the entire park is a scare zone" was a let down, but being the sucker than I am, I'm thinking they might pull it off this year. Having no Icon or Theme for the houses doesn't bother me...but it appears we're getting a THEME for the zones (perhaps even a late icon or icons if they play up a leader for the zones). Others have said the Cemetary props all over are getting redundant, but I like it. If the props are as good as the ones in the pics so far, and they continue to add to them, and then have the wheeled out ones and make the entire park a resurrected cemetery I think that would be amazing. Especially if they have props and fog in places that there are no scareactors, that would be an awesome red herring and let your guard down for the next area.

I've always been one of the few who enjoyed just walking around the zones more than the houses (OK, houses kick ass...but you spend about 30min a night inside them where you probably spend about 2 hours in the Scarezones...I think that's my subconscious reason for that claim). Trying to tie IPs and various proprietary houses together with an overarching theme doesn't seem to work for me...but to tie together the other 90% of the park with a singular theme excites me.

Of course, I was singing the praises of 2007 (I know, the IPs were to blame) so I might be the first one in line to bitch about the zones in the event that they suck....but still holding out hope we have a unified park and scarezone theme that blows me away :)

• Like 2

Guys, a zombie horde is not going to make or break this event. There's still a dedicated house, and plenty of other things to make for a great experience. And the consistent theming of the entire park is very intriguing. I too am excited to see how all this plays out with a graveyard growing up into the very park itself.

• Like 2

Guys, a zombie horde is not going to make or break this event. There's still a dedicated house, and plenty of other things to make for a great experience.

not that it would make or break it, it would just be cool to have one, especially since they had already planned on having one.

not that it would make or break it, it would just be cool to have one, especially since they had already planned on having one.

Except that we have no idea how much planning there actually was for it. All we have is a graphic without a description that was taken down in a couple hours. Is it also possible that they put them in the house in a mob scene? We really just don't know.

Personally, I'm done worrying about the event. It's very clear this year is blazing a new direction, and I'll hold off on an opinion til I'm there to see it myself.

• Like 3

I love how it went from everybody screaming the sky was falling and we were getting like 4 houses and no scarezones (OK, that's an exaggeration) to everybody being so happy when they announced the houses, back to the gloom and doom from a pre-release map.

Having said that, I'm actually quite excited for this year. The 2007 "the entire park is a scare zone" was a let down, but being the sucker than I am, I'm thinking they might pull it off this year. Having no Icon or Theme for the houses doesn't bother me...but it appears we're getting a THEME for the zones (perhaps even a late icon or icons if they play up a leader for the zones). Others have said the Cemetary props all over are getting redundant, but I like it. If the props are as good as the ones in the pics so far, and they continue to add to them, and then have the wheeled out ones and make the entire park a resurrected cemetery I think that would be amazing. Especially if they have props and fog in places that there are no scareactors, that would be an awesome red herring and let your guard down for the next area.

I've always been one of the few who enjoyed just walking around the zones more than the houses (OK, houses kick ass...but you spend about 30min a night inside them where you probably spend about 2 hours in the Scarezones...I think that's my subconscious reason for that claim). Trying to tie IPs and various proprietary houses together with an overarching theme doesn't seem to work for me...but to tie together the other 90% of the park with a singular theme excites me.

Of course, I was singing the praises of 2007 (I know, the IPs were to blame) so I might be the first one in line to bitch about the zones in the event that they suck....but still holding out hope we have a unified park and scarezone theme that blows me away :)

I am the same, I like the zones a little more than the houses

Guys, a zombie horde is not going to make or break this event. There's still a dedicated house, and plenty of other things to make for a great experience. And the consistent theming of the entire park is very intriguing. I too am excited to see how all this plays out with a graveyard growing up into the very park itself.

exactly, it is not about breaking or making the event,

Silent Hill and the monsters house have me going to the park already, it is the fact that we were expecting to see some roaming zombies and now we wont,

Why couldn't they repacle them with regular zombies? why couldn't they do clowns, anything? why did they have to scrap it all, instead of just replacing it,

what makes me mad is that this could be the beginning of other cuts or problems they have this year, we don't know,

Another point/gripe...I WISH HoS hadn't done zombies in the entire park last year. If HHN did the full park cemetery with the "former residents" roaming the park, I think that would have been amazing.

I'd be in the minority with it being redundant (though they could have had rotting zombies, still in dresses/tuxes zombies, zombies who found chainsaws, zombies who...ummmm...found stilts?) and stuff, but I think that a coherent theme would go a long way. While they couldn't have TWD Zombies, they could have still had hordes, solo shamblers (between "zones"), prostetic zombies where they were sliders with both legs in one pant leg and then a fake stump, etc. Maybe a "zone" that had fake dirt/grass and tombstones with scaractors who could come out (an area built up on a ramp or something...where there would be an area for them to hide - this is a pipe dream, so why not?).

Maybe in a future year they could have a unified park/zone combo....like hell on earth or something...and then have the houses being "fights" between the forces of good versus the forces of evil that have over run the park. I think, ultimately, something like that would be the best and most encompassing event that would really suck you in.

PS - it's not lost on me that the revelation that seems to be disappointing people the most seems to have me fired up. I don't get it either....and I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, the recent developments really have me fired up and thinking of stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------

FB update I just saw:

372857_126469058232_218939508_q.jpg

HHN fans, check this out: for his excitement and passion to HHN, super fan Joey James will be attending an exclusive preview of The Walking Dead house for HHN22. Joey will get to walk through the house with Greg Nicotero, Co-Executive Producer & Special Effects Make-Up Artist for AMC’s The Walking Dead, as well as speak to the creators of HHN22 about this year’s event. Look out for updates starting tomorrow evening, as Joey gets the inside scoop on this year’s event.

Edited by Oysterhead00

While obviously I think everyone has their own opinion before the event even begins, there's no reason to think that just because the Walker legion was removed from the website that that will be the downfall of the event and be the catalyst for future cuts. This event isn't even remotely set in stone going into opening weekend, not by a long shot. It is continuously tweaked the first several weeks of operation.

So don't something like the Walker legion being removed from the website be a red flag meaning anything at all. Go with the flow...this year is going to be an amazing one and in two weeks we'll all see why :)

• Like 2

what makes me mad is that this could be the beginning of other cuts or problems they have this year, we don't know,

I would say that with all the great new additions and money being thrown into USF, budget cuts seem to be an issue of the past for the company. It's a much better possibility that the exclusion is for a operational reason, or they decided something else worked better.

I know a scareactor that moved from the walkers horde to another horde (a week or less before the website updated) I didn't want to spook anything or lessen the effect of the update even thought it wasn't as we expect <_< but yes there was a walker horde and they have been shifted to other hordes so don't worry the sizes of the hordes are now much more in each of them I believe. But as of now I think by opening week till they add another horde which they have done very often. (Zombies in 08 and the last year switch of Luck's henchman's weapon of "popper sticks" to chainsaws, the additional CDT in 2010 I believe) But this still surprises me as their "theme" is Walking Dead because of the commercial and it's dominance of the other IP houses as they show that walkers would be present in the streets but hopefully they show up soon enough because the GP would be expecting it.

I know a scareactor that moved from the walkers horde to another horde (a week or less before the website updated) I didn't want to spook anything or lessen the effect of the update even thought it wasn't as we expect <_< but yes there was a walker horde and they have been shifted to other hordes so don't worry the sizes of the hordes are now much more in each of them I believe. But as of now I think by opening week till they add another horde which they have done very often. (Zombies in 08 and the last year switch of Luck's henchman's weapon of "popper sticks" to chainsaws, the additional CDT in 2010 I believe) But this still surprises me as their "theme" is Walking Dead because of the commercial and it's dominance of the other IP houses as they show that walkers would be present in the streets but hopefully they show up soon enough because the GP would be expecting it.

well I guess that is pretty good to know, thank you for sharing, that does make me feel a little bit calmer,

I guess it will be a good thing if they make the rest of the casts bigger

Silent Hill and the monsters house have me going to the park already, it is the fact that we were expecting to see some roaming zombies and now we wont,

I would have to disagree with this. Outside of the HHN faithful, I don't think very many people knew there would be a Zombie/Walker Legion. It was taken off the website faster than a ravenous Zombie eating brains. I myself would not have known it was even there if I didn't check here, or checked the Tweets of the HHN faithful I follow. And I checked the website around 1ish that day.

I personally would be ecstatic if there was no Zombie/Walker Legion. The Walking Dead House is enough Zombie for me. Plus, it distances the event farther from people thinking The Walking Dead is the "theme" for the year. I also like the fact it keeps that product away from The Iniquitus story line. It keeps that aspect of HHN grounded in HHN. However, I don't think the Legion is gone.

Here's my train of thought. After all, nobody really knows what's going on behind the scenes. I believe it was said earlier about the Legions more or less, will be set somewhere. Let's call it a home-base for sake of argument. Universal is going to play-up the whole "There's no Escape Thing", but honestly we have to be realistic about this. Logistically, it's probably not feesable to have all six of the stated Legions be going off willy-nilly. If it happens, then great, but I believe the stated Legions likely be set somewhere. It's even evident over in Kid-Zone that more than likely the Traditionals will be over there. Not putting it on the map only really fools the mind into thinking things are everywhere. The Iniquitus I believe will be walking around, checking up on all the Legions so to speak (I do believe they too will have a home-base though). If the Walkers/Zombie Legion exists, they will be roaming. It makes sense to me. They are Zombies right? It is a cemetery. Zombies are good a two things: eating brains and wandering aimlessly looking for brains. The Zombies may be more less just set dressing, only people. It's obvious they have plans for Zombies, but took them off the website. Why is anybody's guess, but I personally suspect that it's AMC related. They may not have been able to just call them Zombies, because of AMC.

As far as the lagoon goes, I am hearing a thing or two about the lagoon being used for atmosphere. How far they plan to take that thought, is anybody's guess.