HHN 22 Discussion

The website does absolutely nothing at all for me for the event. It's just too bland. However, the houses seem nice. The scarezone idea is great, but I can't stop thinking how HOS did almost exactly the same last year with zombies...and they did a great job with it too. Seems like there are some remnants of a story with the Inquitus and everything, hope they add a little bit more about them. We don't need a huge story, but at least a small one would be nice.

The biggest thing for me has always been getting immersed into the event's story. For me, that's what separated this event from HOS and other events (of course, other than the better sets and etc). I've loved reading up on the lore, viewing the interactive games and things on the website, looking things up....that's what really got me excited since the first time I went to HHN in 2002. We've been having less and less of that since 2010. I really hope that they don't continue this trend.

I'm still going to the event, and I'm going to have a damn blast. I'm really looking forward to the classic monsters house, and the Penn&Teller House (even though before its reveal I thought that it'd be a dumb idea). I'm just not nearly as excited about the event as a whole as I can be, and I'm disappointed that I'll never feel that excitement for the event again unless they stop this trend and start making at least somewhat of a story again.

• Like 2

What I do not understand is why we have not seen the T.V. or radio ads yet, we have seen a image of it, but not the video yet. Like I said in another thread, by this time last year the ads were playing regularly on all the local channels. We are only three weeks away, you would think that they would really be pushing to drum-up excitement from the general public that the event is almost here.

What I do not understand is why we have not seen the T.V. or radio ads yet, we have seen a image of it, but not the video yet. Like I said in another thread, by this time last year the ads were playing regularly on all the local channels. We are only three weeks away, you would think that they would really be pushing to drum-up excitement from the general public that the event is almost here.

Yeah, I'm on the same page here. It seems like HHN is behind this year. Haven't even seen the ads on the coke boxes yet either. I'm still thinking positive though. Hopefully things get amped up a bit this weekend... :)

In a way, I'm glad that Universal didn't start marketing earlier this year. They typically start sooo early that by the time the actual event rolls around, I've become tired of hearing the radio ads and seeing the TV commercials.

With this being a holiday weekend, I bet we start to see and hear more about the event on all fronts...good way to amp up curiosity among the loyal fans who are used to seeing and hearing about it long before now and to drum up the interest of the rest of the general public.

I keep hearing people talk about the bad experience that 2007 was, since I did not attend that year, what happened that has made people so disappointed in it and fearing that this year will be the same?

Basically, the streets were pretty much empty. There was really only one scarezone, though the Chainsaw Drill Team hung out in front of Earthquake. The rest of the park had roaming scareactors, but not many, so the streets were pretty much empty. They ended up adding more actors to the streets as the event went on.

That's right, was at Publix the other day and all the had were the regular coke boxes on the shelves. Have not been to Burger King yet, but do they have their HHN cups and tray liners out already?

They are out... I've seen pics.. but have not found one... maybe this weekend. I'm pretty sure the commercial will pop up in the next few days.

I keep hearing people talk about the bad experience that 2007 was, since I did not attend that year, what happened that has made people so disappointed in it and fearing that this year will be the same?

In '07 it was touted as the whole park being a scarezone. however, they didn't have the man power to back that up. In fact the only time I saw street performers were right in the front, the Troupe Macrabe in CP, and chainsaws in SF. Later in the event, realizing the idea failed, the did a half baked version of treaks and foons. Ultimately the houses ended up being the strong point of the year but everyone remembers the streets being a bust.I liked the troupe however and it really was the only place with set dressing. CP always tend to be nice though.

this year we have set pieces (that year did not). So things are already different. I agree with the idea they will most likely be certain areas where the SA hordes will rotate through the night.

this year we have set pieces (that year did not). So things are already different. I agree with the idea they will most likely be certain areas where the SA hordes will rotate through the night.

I remember there being a Ferris wheel over where the Men in Black area is.

Edited by Terra Guard
  • Like 1

In '07 it was touted as the whole park being a scarezone. however, they didn't have the man power to back that up. In fact the only time I saw street performers were right in the front, the Troupe Macrabe in CP, and chainsaws in SF. Later in the event, realizing the idea failed, the did a half baked version of treaks and foons. Ultimately the houses ended up being the strong point of the year but everyone remembers the streets being a bust.I liked the troupe however and it really was the only place with set dressing. CP always tend to be nice though.

Along with the ferris wheel, san francisco chainsaws, troupe macabre in central park, & last minute maskless treaks/foons... they had carnies in NY (including one in a demented bumper car), clowns on carousel horse motorcycles. On top of this they had sideshow freak banners near animal actors with the rat lady. Along with mini stage freak show infront of animal actors with a barker.

The problem was the restrictions that A&D/UNI were having to deal with thanks to NLC.

That does sound like it would have been a let down, so here is hoping that this year they have ironed out the major kinks with the roaming scare zones that affected 2007

Like i said above, the major kinks that affected 2007 was NLC's restrictions. There was NO "roaming" that year. The scareactors were in the normal locations- NY, Hollywood, Shrek Alley, San Francisco, & Central Park. The problem was that they weren't able to fully theme the park (.....like put the tent over it). This year will be nothing like 2007, there were only 5 SZ locations that year, this year we have 7 with possible area fillers to count as 8.

• Like 1

2007 had some of the best houses I've seen, really memorable moments for me,

but the worst streets, because they were mainly empty, there was not a lot going on, that year was weird for me because the houses were really amazing, but the streets were really crappy, so I have mixed feelings,

there was a show with Jack and Chance, but that only added insult to injury for me at least, I think 2007 is the reason I hate the idea of shows, arrival shows

because I much rather get good scarezones in the park, than One show that plays a few times a night,

I saw the Icons show in 2006, then the Icons scarezone in 2010, which was better for me? Scarezone, hands down, much more amazing,

the sets for the Icons (Specially Jack) were really amazing in 2010,

i think that is one of my favorite scarezones ever, it was just so cool, such a good zone,

the show was good, but, In 2007 I only saw the Jack show twice, in the whole month, only two times

Edited by Mr. Black