HHN 22 Discussion

• 2 months later...

I would just like to say that even though I was thoroughly disappointed last night at the "reveal" I am actually getting really excited for this year. This is the first year that I'm not going into the event with a preconceived notion that a house will be bad. All of them have great potential in my mind. Combine this with the potential of a new street experience and I am one happy girl. This year may be "my year" as you people say. Almost seems like it's catered to me!

• Like 7

I would just like to say that even though I was thoroughly disappointed last night at the "reveal" I am actually getting really excited for this year. This is the first year that I'm not going into the event with a preconceived notion that a house will be bad. All of them have great potential in my mind. Combine this with the potential of a new street experience and I am one happy girl. This year may be "my year" as you people say. Almost seems like it's catered to me!

Me too. This stuff with the "street experience" and The Iniquitus is really intriguing me. I think I am more excited about this prospect than the actual Houses. I wonder if over the next 21 days, things will slowly unravel and details about these Iniquitus will emerge.

This. What she said. Exactly. :)

Me too. This stuff with the "street experience" and The Iniquitus is really intriguing me. I think I am more excited about this prospect than the actual Houses. I wonder if over the next 21 days, things will slowly unravel and details about these Iniquitus will emerge.

This. Exactly this. I want these things to chase me down, corner me and make me scream for my mommy. MAKE IT HAPPEN UNI!!!!!!

After forcing myself to stay up way past my normal bedtime last night, at first I was a little dismayed about the lackluster "reveal". However, after checking out the website, I can honestly say this is the first year since 2006 that I'm actually giddy with excitement about the event.

The overall concept for this year is something different, Uni seems to be trying to mix things up and move away from the old school playbook the event has always followed. The "street experience"...if this ends up being as immersive and interactive as I'm hoping, it will elevate the scarezone concept to something completely new. And for the first time in a very long time, I'm actually excited about ALL the houses.

So we don't have a fancy, smancy website. There is no icon. Who cares? I take the event for what it is at face value, a great way to celebrate haunt season and do it in a way that many people only wish they could.

• Like 6

Personally, I kind of think of the Iniquitus as the icons. No, it isn't ONE person, but they certainly seem to be calling the shots in the park.

That's how I'm viewing it as well. But you and I both know that many people, unless provided with a specific icon with a specific name printed out on a nametag, won't see the bigger picture. Personally, I LOVE this concept. Again, it's a change up from the traditional method they've followed for so long.

That's how I'm viewing it as well. But you and I both know that many people, unless provided with a specific icon with a specific name printed out on a nametag, won't see the bigger picture. Personally, I LOVE this concept. Again, it's a change up from the traditional method they've followed for so long.

So many people love the Body Collectors, and last year the Nightingales were a big hit. I'm hoping these guys turn out the same way.

• Like 1

So many people love the Body Collectors, and last year the Nightingales were a big hit. I'm hoping these guys turn out the same way.

I'm a major fan of the BC as well as the Nightingales...so my hopes are high too that the Iniquitus will provide me with the same giddy happiness that both of those did.

If nothing else, having the Iniquitus as the unofficial icons really opens up what can be done parkwide. I'm kinding viewing each "group" as being at war with the others and we are all caught in the middle.

Me likey :)

I will say, I was one of the bigger doubters back in May when all this started to leak out. But it's starting to look pretty good, and I will be more than happy to eat some humble pie after seeing the event. The only house I'm having any kind of expectations for is HoH, and that's only because of my love for the Uni monsters. Otherwise, I'm pretty much walking into this event with a blank slate.

I'm also very curious to see how the Inquitus is played out in the park. I wonder if they'll have people walking around carrying those banners, or if the park has been divided into their respective territories, and they wander freely within them.

Okay, I take back my earlier statement. I'm starting to get excited...

• Like 2

OK so it seems like we might be getting something similar to the warring tribes.....kind of... This is at least different. Have to pay attention to street construction, saw pics of what looks like a cemetery. Maybe this would be a home base or major scarezone for the Vampires......

I'm thinking it might work this way. Major Scarezones themed and owned by a tribe. As you transition there is “nowhere to escape" because there is warring/ fighting between the tribes, between the Major Scarezones in these minor scarezone/ transitional areas. This is where they fight each other fight over us, this is where you can get ambushed, and you don’t know what by. You’re looking for Vampires because you left their zone, but you get attacked by a beast, that in turn gets attacked by a Vamp.

If this is how it works I’m perking up a bit.....

Also, instead of an Icon, sounds like we have a group, or clan of evil beings "The Iniquitus" which means the Evil or the wicked, the Vile etc.....

Are they responsible for the entire event? They bring the dead to life; they create creatures from our nightmares and fears. This theory could extend from the Legions through to the houses also....why couldn’t they have created those for our torment?

Wonder if we will get to see them in the event?

I am looking forward to the houses. The streets I just have a feeling are going to be bland. Concept sounds great, but I just think it's going to be bland. I hope I'm wrong, I WANT to enjoy the streets and atmosphere. The shows... B&T have been a major letdown over recent years and if I catch the show time while in the area I take it in, otherwise it is generally an after thought for us.

Lol, you gave me one helluva mental image there...

"Hi, my name is Fear! Ask me about Amway!"

• Like 2

What I'm most interested in is what this whole "Dark Legions" thing is about. I'm hoping Universal will be giving some sort of backstory that ties all the scarezones together, since they all have this prefix. I'm a bit dissapointed with how bland and generic the scarezone names are but that's not really a worthwhile complaint haha.

The houses seem very cool. Definitely looking forward to them. I'll admit, i am a little nervous for the "street experience." It seems like a fantastic idea if they really are EVERYWHERE, not just groups walking around the park with me hoping to catch glimpses of them from time to time. After reading some of the ideas you guys have given, it has gotten me extremely excited and more hopeful. This street experience has the potential to be a game changer. I just hope that the park still has a lot of props for the scareactors to use. I love walking through the outdoor environments and hope we don't lose them this year

I have strong doubts about the streets. It sounds just like 07 but organized a little better. But the thought of having them everywhere just doesn't seem possible. I feel like it'd be interesting to have them rotating all around the park to specific areas to make them kind of march around a little bit... The lack of props for them to use worries me a bit as well...

I am, however, excited for the houses. I think we've got an awesome lineup this year. Everything seems awesome!

Edited by Goo