Bill & Ted Speculation

Original Villian= Not so good show

If B&T was so scared of copyright infringement they would change the concept of the show, I heard the same thing about why Lex was replaced.. which in my mind having Dr. Evil show up at the end was AMAZING and unexpected anyway.. But I dont think that should stop them from doing a major Villian each year... Hopefully this year the Villian will be someone we know..

And I am not going to argue the Stunt Show thing.. I deff noticed the change as soon as they left the wild west stage.. but no fight scene's at all besides one or two punches is crazy... come on Wesker69, if your a vet to the event like myself you would remember Major fight scenes since 2001.. One of the best one's being in Toon- Neo Vs Twins... or even Evil Ted vs Bill "Star Wars Fight" I agree with your statement "Less fight more dance" but dont think that happened until 2007...

I just cant stand it when they introduce ppl and they vanish like they have been doing the last 4 years.. and yeah I can see what you saying about the plot still in the more recent shows.. its just that the plot now sucks and is only really brought up at the start, once in the middle, and a bit at the end.. Never Truly a Plot

I still See the show and will always see the show Every year, I just wish it would go back to somewhat what it was.... B&T all I ask for is the Phone Booth, a Big Villian, a Plot, and a few Fight Scenes! and of course We Will Rock You!

BTW a great Villian for this year would be Kristen Stewart....

I think Snow White was a Uni film

Original Villian= Not so good show

If B&T was so scared of copyright infringement they would change the concept of the show, I heard the same thing about why Lex was replaced.. which in my mind having Dr. Evil show up at the end was AMAZING and unexpected anyway.. But I dont think that should stop them from doing a major Villian each year... Hopefully this year the Villian will be someone we know..

Just wondering, Who would you count as a "...villian we know..."? There could be some (like myself) who have not gone to the movies in over 8 months ( I had 4 surgeries and counting and am unable to sit.) so some, or alot, might not like certain movies for people in it or dont find the story interesting. So I think certaint people get certaint things and some have no clue.

I dont get what you mean about wanting more action. .Not saying your opinions wrong just wondering about the hate towards the show as it is now. It still draws in the GP so it eliviates some extra crowd-age from streets and houses. I agree with you on fight scenes but it isn't "Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Halloween Stunt Show". The ony thing I really want changed is the parts where it turns into a song and dance.

I think the show has changed over the years from a action/comedy show to a comedy show. In an event already filled with chainsaw weiding maniacs and all other sorts of freaks, Its nice to have a change of pace and sit for 30 min to an hour and relax. I know it is a halloweeen event but its funny ,entertaning ,and keeps the crowds down even if it is only a small amount.

Edited by Slash

Main Villians of the past- Mr. Burns, Willy Wonka, Darth Vader, Lex Luthor, Dr. Evil, Brittany Spears, ect... I dont see every movie either "because Im poor lol" but you never had to in the past years because the Main Villian was always someone EVERYONE knew.

And I dont mean to say the show is bad... Any B&T show is better than none... I went on this Fourm to see what the speculation was on who was going to be in it and ppl were saying already that they didnt understand why the recent shows were not so good.

The shows before '06 usually had a really good plot where this "Main Villian" would come out and steal the Phone Booth from Bill & Ted and come back with some really cool Villians and B&T would some point steal the Booth back or find a way to call Hero's to help.. With fight scenes, dancing. and well-written comedy the shows were always 10 out of 10. It was never... "Tru Grits guy comes out, talks about putting his ba11s in grits and leaving never to be seen from again" or "Green Hornet showing up to drop off papa Smurf and leaving with only saying one line" Each character in the original shows had meaning. As Wesker69 pointed out, it will never be the Stuntshow it was... I just hope that it doesnt loose all its roots.

Edited by Villafane

The recent B&T shows do have a plot that flows through the whole show, its just not heavy because the general public are stupid & they just want to be entertained.

What scared me the most last year was there was this big group of people who sat dead center at the few shows we attended and they knew every single freaking line of every character verbatim. I'm not sure if that makes them stupid and wanting to be entertained, idiot savants because they retained the entire script of the show or just scary in general...or perhaps a combination of all three.

I do wish they would return to comedy that has a more dry edge to it, these past few years have seemed forced and way too much slapstick for my taste. I agree however we will never see a return to the stunt show style, it's a dance off from this point onward.

• Like 3

Agreed on the humor being forced...last year especially. The "true grits" gag was just....dumb. Here's hoping to a possible Bieber arrest parody.

practically all I remember from last year was the True Grits joke...wasn't a fan personally.

B&T seems to have gone downhill every year i've seen it. I'm to the point where I don't think there's anything wrong or "lazy" with the writing...I just think its basically the same show every year.

I still go see it every year for a few laughs and a good change of pace from all the haunts.

practically all I remember from last year was the True Grits joke...wasn't a fan personally.

B&T seems to have gone downhill every year i've seen it. I'm to the point where I don't think there's anything wrong or "lazy" with the writing...I just think its basically the same show every year.

I still go see it every year for a few laughs and a good change of pace from all the haunts.

Agreed. I just think they kept pushing the "and don't forget my balls were in it" joke too hard.

My hopes

Main Villian- Kristin Stewart

Villians- Bane, Total Recall Wife, Crazy Justin Beiber Chick, Dictator, Loki, Miami Zombie

B&T side- Ted, Catwoman, Spiderman, Avengers, Lorax, "it would be cool to see some TWD characters"

Plot- Hunger Games Type

Edited by Villafane

My hopes

Main Villian- Kristin Stewart

Villians- Bane, Total Recall Wife, Crazy Justin Beiber Chick, Dictator, Loki, Miami Zombie

B&T side- Ted, Catwoman, Spiderman, Avengers, Lorax, "it would be cool to see some TWD characters"

Plot- Hunger Games Type

Wouldn't count on TWD, probably don't want to step on any toes given the business relationship. (Why Harry Potter references disappeared from the show a few years ago, and allegedly why Avatar wasn't included--negotiations were ongoing between Universal and Cameron at the time, although they obviously broke down eventually.)

Re: The Hunger Games. I think the only two locks this year are Obama/Romney and a "District 69" reference.

don't know if any of you saw the spoof Saturday Night Live did on the Hunger Games..But it would be hilarious if B&T could work something like that in. Basically the kids are in the games hiding trying to not be killed and in comes this reporter to interview them and getting them killed until finally the Katniss character offs her. It was so funny and so easily workable for B&T.

The True Grits bit was funny, but definitely not the highlight of last year's show... That would belong to the Twilight Sucks song, Osama, and Conan and Nicki Minaj. Overall I thought the jokes were better than 2010's and I have faith with the show in new hands. (Not saying Aiello's version was bad, don't get me wrong..)

I saw the Campaign last week and I can see that being used as part of what is probably the inevitable election jokes. What I haven't seen mentioned too often was the Dictator. The character is very Bill & Ted-friendly and his incident with Seacrest was viral enough that it could be used.

This year was once again kind of slow in terms of pop culture, which sucks because that's not the writer''s fault. All's I know is that when I'm standing outside Fear Factor and I hear "IT'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIME!" my underpants will be drenched due to excitement (if they haven't been soiled already).

The True Grits bit was funny, but definitely not the highlight of last year's show... That would belong to the Twilight Sucks song, Osama, and Conan and Nicki Minaj. Overall I thought the jokes were better than 2010's and I have faith with the show in new hands. (Not saying Aiello's version was bad, don't get me wrong..)

I saw the Campaign last week and I can see that being used as part of what is probably the inevitable election jokes. What I haven't seen mentioned too often was the Dictator. The character is very Bill & Ted-friendly and his incident with Seacrest was viral enough that it could be used.

This year was once again kind of slow in terms of pop culture, which sucks because that's not the writer''s fault. All's I know is that when I'm standing outside Fear Factor and I hear "IT'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIME!" my underpants will be drenched due to excitement (if they haven't been soiled already).

I have the Dictator on my list of must see Villians this year.. and I think thay have a lot of diff/ great movies to choose from... lets hope for the best

Last year had it's moments, I'll give it that much. But the last year where I laughed from start to finish was 2006...there was just something about that year that made it an altogether different experience than the past several.

I agree! I've been to 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 and 2006 is still the most memorable. I often wonder though if that is because I can still watch it online though.

I am the same way, I only seem to remember the Green Hornet and Papa Smurf joke. And in 2010 all I remember is The Count / Twillight joke
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BTW a great Villian for this year would be Kristen Stewart....

I think Snow White was a Uni film

ORR use the wife of the director from snow white!! and make her the villian. shes pissed off that kristen and the director had sex so shes here to destroy another one of the directors shows. so it starts with them making a "movie" and they do plays with twilight (like they always do) with kristen and the director and rob pattinson. PLUS this isnt copyright infringement because they can just use a different name for the wife (or one similar) so "snow white" brings all her friends in the movies and pop culture to help them defeat the jealous wife. ! perfffeccctt.

of course using bill and ted aswell to help.

Edited by mr1saac

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! I've been to 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 and 2006 is still the most memorable. I often wonder though if that is because I can still watch it online though.

No, having gone for the past 11 years, 2006 stands out as the best by far, and I don't think I've seen it since Halloween night that year. I'd probably give 2009 the nod for #2, but it's not even all that close.

This year is going to be a good year... I have a good feeling. o and the fact i can hear the rehearsals when they are going on.

Can you spoil some of the songs used? I figure "Call Me Maybe" and "Pay Phone" are locks, but curious what else they chose.

There's no winning when it comes to discussing Politics.

I've hidden a few posts already. We acknowledged there's gonna possibly be politics, so let's leave it at that and stick to the topic.

Im not a fan of B&T using politics, its a cheap and lousy way for a cheer.

• Like 1

Im not a fan of B&T using politics, its a cheap and lousy way for a cheer.

I agree, there are two things that should be left out of B&T...politics and religion. It's when they stick to making fun of celebrities, movies, singers, that's when they shine. When they try to make social statements, that's when they loose the audience. I don't go to that show to do anything but laugh....and even that's been hard pressed for the past several years.

• Like 1

I agree, there are two things that should be left out of B&T...politics and religion. It's when they stick to making fun of celebrities, movies, singers, that's when they shine. When they try to make social statements, that's when they loose the audience. I don't go to that show to do anything but laugh....and even that's been hard pressed for the past several years.

I have to agree, the last couple years have been rough, when I first saw it in 04 it was great but then each year after seemed less and less funny, somewhat to the point where I don't even care to see it or not