HHN 22 Speculation

Do you think they will post something revealing a new house despite the hole theather shooting incident?

Definitely, but if the reveal had/has anything to do with a house themed with, say, a slasher/mass murderer of some kind, they might switch out what they were originally intending to reveal and save it for a later date, out of respect for the families. But it won't deter the announcement, I don't think.

Guest HHNPicMan

Parade building? Yes! Different location within the parade building....... I'll bet so! But then again, people do claim to no more than I do!!!

Just a speculation here!

Do you think they will post something revealing a new house despite the hole theather shooting incident?

I think they would, considering they put their tease up hours after the incident became public. I doubt any kind of Haunted House would be disrespectful to anyone related to the shooting.

The post said the announcement will come before the week ends. Technically the week ends tomorrow, is that when the announcement will be?

Edited by Hauntfan

I have heard more than a few rumors that Silent Hill was moved into Sound Stage 20b the location that was originally to house the now scrapped American werewolf house and then planned for "Dead Exposure" style house with something other than Zombies. The rumors say that the DE type house may have also been scrapped.

But there will be a 7th house, and it is in a location at Universal Studios Florida that seems most unlikely and was thought to be unavailable for HHN use ever again.

If the DE type house was scrapped then this 7th house remains a mystery that I cannot yet reveal. Unless it is revealed this weekend, I may add a new cryptic comment... when the time is right.

So...almost every original house is scrapped?

...WELP

I think they would, considering they put their tease up hours after the incident became public. I doubt any kind of Haunted House would be disrespectful to anyone related to the shooting.

The post said the announcement will come before the week ends. Technically the week ends tomorrow, is that when the announcement will be?

while I am really mad and disturbed about what happened, ( i dont think I will go to a theater ever again, because someone might want to copy the guy)

but I don't see how the reveal of a house from a local Florida theme park haunt has anything to do with what happen in another state, if it happened anywhere in Florida maybe, (Even Atlanta) I mean, I don't know,

Interesting I had not heard anything about scrapping the DE house. I would imagine it would have to be another original idea at this point.

They are JUST starting construction on the 7th house. I have to guess (although it's hard to say) that it's too late in the game to get another IP. But who knows at this point. I wouldn't have thought starting the buiild 1 month before technical rehersals was feasible either.

Interesting I had not heard anything about scrapping the DE house. I would imagine it would have to be another original idea at this point.

They are JUST starting construction on the 7th house. I have to guess (although it's hard to say) that it's too late in the game to get another IP. But who knows at this point. I wouldn't have thought starting the buiild 1 month before technical rehersals was feasible either.

It is late in the day to change a house but only if it was in fact a planned house in the first place. While I am of the opinion the IP houses on the leaked house list were genuine, I'm not all that convinced the original houses on the list were ever accurate. Although they were vague names/concepts they seemed to lack the same creative flair that we've become used to on the whole. I guess time will tell but isn't speculation fun lol?

So...almost every original house is scrapped?

...WELP

No. We have exactly the same number of IP to original houses as we have had since the beginning, four to three. And the DE house being scrapped remains an unconfirmed rumor. In fact I never received confirmation that the house (which was to replace Werewolf) was approved.

I had heard it was scrapped.

The key thing about that concept though is that it's a cheap one. Flat black walls with some set-pieces and strobes. They have the costumes. It's honestly the type of house someone could build in their garage. If any house could be built in a month, it's that one.

Edited by Legacy

I had heard it was scrapped.

The key thing about that concept though is that it's a cheap one. Flat black walls with some set-pieces and strobes. They have the costumes. It's honestly the type of house someone could build in their garage. If any house could be built in a month, it's that one.

The only thing I've worried about with a DE style house being built is the level of detail. DE may have been simplistic, but the set was hand painted. It was hand painted in a blacklight. That may prove to be difficult to accomplish in only one month.

The only thing I've worried about with a DE style house being built is the level of detail. DE may have been simplistic, but the set was hand painted. It was hand painted in a blacklight. That may prove to be difficult to accomplish in only one month.

I agree, but wish to add on to that. I could not see Uni having both a DE style house and a TWD house. I feel like they would conflict too much. Even if DE was not a zombie based house, because DE style depends on black everything and strobes, it seems like too safe of an option for a year when we will be having less houses and a somewhat commercialized event, thanks to SH and TWD. I feel like it would be the forgotten house, like "The Hallow" (another great house) was for HHN 18. Without BM's backstory to DE that year, it would have been too generic. Don't get me wrong, it was one of my favorite houses, but I think for this event, it just doesn't fit.

Edited by Sohrin

I agree, but wish to add on to that. I could not see Uni having both a DE style house and a TWD house. I feel like they would conflict too much. Even if DE was not a zombie based house, because DE style depends on black everything and strobes, it seems like too safe of an option for a year when we will be having less houses and a somewhat commercialized event, thanks to SH and TWD. I feel like it would be the forgotten house, like "The Hallow" (another great house) was for HHN 18. Without BM's backstory to DE that year, it would have been too generic. Don't get me wrong, it was one of my favorite houses, but I think for this event, it just doesn't fit.

The theme that was rumored to take the place of the zombie theme would have fit, I think. I'm not sure how many people figured out what that theme was so I will not spoil it.

If the announcement today is in fact P&T I will be nothing but happy. Honestly why are people complaining? Its a great idea for a house. God forbid its a "fun" house. There is always a house like this. This house would be nothing but great. If you hate it so much, don't go. Don't complain, just don't go. You have to go into the event with an open mind, not biased thoughts on something that you haven't even experienced yet.

Anyways today's update should satisfy everyone.

• Like 1

Without BM's backstory to DE that year, it would have been too generic. Don't get me wrong, it was one of my favorite houses, but I think for this event, it just doesn't fit.

^that is a completely false accusation for the house. The Bloody Mary tie-in was only known by the fanboys, not the general public. DE's execution was unique and actually made a zombie house that WASN'T "generic" or boring. The house probably got more scares than say Zombiegeddon in 2010.

And as for saying something doesn't fit because it may lack detail compared to the other houses is a little odd considering the level of detail that went into the houses in 2008. To say it "doesn't fit" is rather premature considering it & everything else for the event hasn't even been revealed yet.

• Like 2

The theme that was rumored to take the place of the zombie theme would have fit, I think. I'm not sure how many people figured out what that theme was so I will not spoil it.

Yep. If it does happen it would fill a gaping whole for this particular year.

^that is a completely false accusation for the house. The Bloody Mary tie-in was only known by the fanboys, not the general public. DE's execution was unique and actually made a zombie house that WASN'T "generic" or boring. The house probably got more scares than say Zombiegeddon in 2010.

And as for saying something doesn't fit because it may lack detail compared to the other houses is a little odd considering the level of detail that went into the houses in 2008. To say it "doesn't fit" is rather premature considering it & everything else for the event hasn't even been revealed yet.

I in no way said that DE was a bad house, I said I rather enjoyed it and it is still one of my favorites. But it is a house that can put anywhere, Just as I said. Generic isn't always bad, but when you have houses that already have stories behind them, and are known by the public, it would seem shallower this year compared to others houses, unless some story was put behind it. However, TWD has a nice zombie story already, so why battle with it?

But if the theme overall has a fit for a DE and it was scrapped, they probably had some other ideas that didn't overlap with TWD. Could it be possible that they were trying to get AMC for TWD, and had a DE type house as a backup. But then it was confirmed so they didn't need it anymore?

The clues have been floating around. Several people have given the same clue.

All I'll say is this:

Many people thought this house theme would be a perfect fit for Universal this year. It would tie in to more than just HHN.

I was also looking forward to seeing this theme done in a DE style. I had discussed with one person a perfect scene. A scene that would have been comparable to the "crowded room" in the original DE.

I will actually lament not being able to see this theme done, if the house is scrapped. It would have been a great twist on a classic theme.

Jeramy (JWFearman) has pointed out Mike Aiellos Twitter feed. If anyone's been paying attention, hes been quoting The Prestige lately. Saying: "The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything." Anyone want to throw some more water on the fire?

Edited by Dr. D

Yep. If it does happen it would fill a gaping whole for this particular year.

I see what you did there.

Jeremy (JWFearman) has pointed out Mike Aiellos Twitter feed. If anyone's been paying attention, hes been quoting The Prestige lately. Saying: "The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything." Anyone want to throw some more water on the fire?

Ooooh that sounds downright... magical.

• Like 3

i hope they dont announce P&T or Alice Copper...just because it seems to be the trusted members have already said those are gurantees...i'd rather them announce something we arent so sure about, street show, water/firework show

• Like 1