HHN 22 Speculation

If these Penn & Teller rumors are indeed true, what a waste of a house.

You missed my point entirely dude. From the get go I was talking about taking obscure properties and turning them into houses. For some odd reason Bill and Ted was brought up, which is a show, not a house.

You missed my point too. Creative can do great things with things you wouldn't expect to be good or have anything to do with horror. I was the same way as you regarding P&T but have since done my research and feel like coming from the mind of Penn Gillette it COULD be a great house. It could also suck and you'd be right but I at least have to go through it once before I start saying it sucks.

I don't see how anyone could not like the idea of a P&T house....magic has always been a dark art, now put the great minds of HHN with the great magicians that P&T are, ummmm that makes for a DARK TWISTED house, something like their magic tricks aren't tricks they are actually real and now the dark spirits are going crazy in them? how is this hard to see as a great house? personally im less excited for a "gargoyles" house because for the normal HHN fan they've seen it over and over again....and for the years ive been going i can think of a single "magician" "magic" house

Karras i think you need to wait untill you go to hhn to make a judegment on house quality. While I dont agree with wesker,I also agree with him because every house every year could be called a waste,but if you say that you also have to say it is going to be my favorite house off all hhns. I say every speculated house amd confirmed house is the worst f$%^ing ideas ever but i am also looking forward to every bit of it. Every year there is goinng to be things we dont like and things we love and most of the time its the things we hate that turn out to be our favorite. So saying every house sucks but its gonna be lots of fun insures for an all around good year....not the best but good none the less. but i also want to tell you the P&T house sounds amazing if executed right.

Everyone has opinions based on preconceived ideas formed around the subject matter... or rather the perceived subject matter. Honestly, I don't like Alice Cooper's music. I like a very wide base of music and even a few of his are OK but I don't think "killer idea" when I think aging rocker has a house based on him. I don't like Penn & Teller as people. They are good magicians but they are very crass, opinionated, and overtly political for entertainers. I feel it destroys the fun and any entertainment value is lost at that point. In fact I'm not real keen on ideas based on celebrities... I've always held the contention that is better suited for Hollywood and tends, in my mind, to lend to a lack in creativity.

Yet even though the ideas don't thrill me, I cannot say this year will stink. How could I when I haven't seen the ideas and plans (or really the theme) of any of these houses? P&T could just be presented by P&T... or perhaps just designed by them. Fine OK well I have to see what that entails before I can form an opinion. Alice Cooper I have a better idea about but still which album? What songs? How will they be translated into a house? I don't know so I can't have an opinion.

It goes even more for the original concept houses as well. You can't just say "Gargoyles" or "Ghosts" and know it will be good or bad. That is more the first thing you say in a brainstorming session than a finalized idea. Who knows what story the houses hold or what unique way they will be presented?

I think negativity, for the most part, stems from the uncertainty of change and a lack of creative foresight. Being an artist, I gain inspiration from one-word ideas and I understand the creative process. When corporate says:

"Body Collectors were popular... So we want them again.. but female this time"

I know ideas start swirling in theirs heads on how to keep the parameters given without cheaping out and just making female body collectors. To me, it's exciting and challenging. Plus we've seen what they did with that. Nightingales was a hit last year.

Bottom line is the guys and gals in A&D have been doing this kind of thing for a long time. They know what they are doing and, whether or not they like the changes personally, they know how to adapt and make something good out of what could seem like a bad idea. Will there be duds? Of course. Not everything can be a hit. But I think even a failed idea is just an experiment of what does and doesn't work. Plus what one person thinks is a dud another thinks of as a success so it more finding what works on a grand scale to optimize the experience (which I think they do very well).

• Like 14

Everyone has opinions based on preconceived ideas formed around the subject matter... or rather the perceived subject matter. Honestly, I don't like Alice Cooper's music. I like a very wide base of music and even a few of his are OK but I don't think "killer idea" when I think aging rocker has a house based on him. I don't like Penn & Teller as people. They are good magicians but they are very crass, opinionated, and overtly political for entertainers. I feel it destroys the fun and any entertainment value is lost at that point. In fact I'm not real keen on ideas based on celebrities... I've always held the contention that is better suited for Hollywood and tends, in my mind, to lend to a lack in creativity.

Yet even though the ideas don't thrill me, I cannot say this year will stink. How could I when I haven't seen the ideas and plans (or really the theme) of any of these houses? P&T could just be presented by P&T... or perhaps just designed by them. Fine OK well I have to see what that entails before I can form an opinion. Alice Cooper I have a better idea about but still which album? What songs? How will they be translated into a house? I don't know so I can't have an opinion.

It goes even more for the original concept houses as well. You can't just say "Gargoyles" or "Ghosts" and know it will be good or bad. That is more the first thing you say in a brainstorming session than a finalized idea. Who knows what story the houses hold or what unique way they will be presented?

I think negativity, for the most part, stems from the uncertainty of change and a lack of creative foresight. Being an artist, I gain inspiration from one-word ideas and I understand the creative process. When corporate says:

I know ideas start swirling in theirs heads on how to keep the parameters given without cheaping out and just making female body collectors. To me, it's exciting and challenging. Plus we've seen what they did with that. Nightingales was a hit last year.

Bottom line is the guys and gals in A&D have been doing this kind of thing for a long time. They know what they are doing and, whether or not they like the changes personally, they know how to adapt and make something good out of what could seem like a bad idea. Will there be duds? Of course. Not everything can be a hit. But I think even a failed idea is just an experiment of what does and doesn't work. Plus what one person thinks is a dud another thinks of as a success so it more finding what works on a grand scale to optimize the experience (which I think they do very well).

Finally someone said it. Im tired of going on the boards, just to hear 12 year olds complain that HHN is going to suck...when in reality none knows about the event or houses. These are the same kids when i go to the event are tied to mommy or daddy's leg. If everyone one forgot there have been some good diss. boards shut down because of this crap. This is a spec. thread, so if you're going to bash the event before it even is finished, be my guest, but i will no longer acknowledge such negativity, and i suggest that everyone else maybe cool their jets and be patient.

Is the Victorian manor gonna be another paranormal house..? Cause those type of houses seem to be popular since 2010 with Legendary Truth...and then last year with Winters Night... But I'm wondering..will the Victorian Manor be a continuation of the Legendary Truth franchise...Or will LT not be involved this year...

Thanks Fearman, very well stated and I concur. Everyone certainly has the right to have and express an opinion. But I believe we have a lot to look forward to, and this helps us remember why. Pleasant Nightmares Ahead!

Im being led to believe that this "Victorian" house is going to have a pretty neat Poltergeisty (is that a word?) effect. I am also being told that the fx group is busting out a ish load of ot on some very new molds. Im excited.

I have been to 5 HHN's in recent years. I can honestly say that I haven't HATED anything. Sure I have enjoyed some houses more than others and some scare zones more than others, but its always a good time! How people can go on and on about stuff "sucking or being shitty" before they even have an inkling about it is simply silly.

HHN is a GREAT event. Hell its the BEST event in the country for halloween. They've been doing it for a long time and they are good at what they do. Everyone needs to relax until the gates open and then enjoy themselves. Life's too short to be bitching on an internet forum bc you don't like the idea of a rumor! Get busy living and enjoy life!

• Like 4

I think that with all the rumors with Penn and Teller that their announcement will be last. I am suprised by the frequency of reveals... I thought we would have a little dry spell with info (happy to be wrong though). I think the reveal will be Alice Cooper since IMO Penn and Teller is a bigger announcement than Alice Cooper.

I am at peace with the last two IP houses... I am actually excited to see all 4 IP houses come to life.

• Like 1

:( anyways, you think they will announce anything other than penn n teller or alice cooper? cuz to me it sounds like those are equal ip, why would they only announce one... is there anything else u can think of ?

I would like the announcement to be P&T so everyone will stop arguing about it. However I am almost positive it will Alice Cooper.

I always go back to this statement. If you don't like it, don't go to the event. I kinda understand censoring billboards but once your inside the gates as far as I'm concerned everything should be fair game. Oh my god lil Jimmy just saw cleavage *Gasp* just doesn't work for me. Keep lil Jimmy away from the event and you don't have to worry about him seeing it. To me the age restriction should be the same as a horror movie 17 and up unless accompanied by a parent. Then maybe we'd get the event we all really want which is uncensored and somewhat extreme.

I wouldn't be traumatized by seeing cleavage.

• Like 2

I have heard more than a few rumors that Silent Hill was moved into Sound Stage 20b the location that was originally to house the now scrapped American werewolf house and then planned for "Dead Exposure" style house with something other than Zombies. The rumors say that the DE type house may have also been scrapped.

But there will be a 7th house, and it is in a location at Universal Studios Florida that seems most unlikely and was thought to be unavailable for HHN use ever again.

If the DE type house was scrapped then this 7th house remains a mystery that I cannot yet reveal. Unless it is revealed this weekend, I may add a new cryptic comment... when the time is right.

• Like 4

THE PARADE BUILDING IS THE LOCATION OF THE 7th HOUSE...BECAUSE IN THE BEGINING EVERYBODY THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T BE USED BECAUSE OF THE NEW PARADE...BUT NOW THE MARDI GRAS FLOATS HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO MAKE ROOM TO BUILD A HOUSE...! THE PARADE BUILDINGS LEGACY CONTINUES... :D

THE PARADE BUILDING IS THE LOCATION OF THE 7th HOUSE...BECAUSE IN THE BEGINING EVERYBODY THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T BE USED BECAUSE OF THE NEW PARADE...BUT NOW THE MARDI GRAS FLOATS HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO MAKE ROOM TO BUILD A HOUSE...! THE PARADE BUILDINGS LEGACY CONTINUES... :D

Okay first of all.... capslock... not necessary

2ndly... "In the beginning" the 7th house was located in SS44 which is now i pile of dirt with holes & a huge crane....

3rdly... a good number of the mardi gras floats were parked under the parade pavilion and covered with tarps... several months ago.

lastly... They always had the extra room inside the parade building, it was a matter of having to shift around the contents inside so that they sill had enough room for the Superstar floats to exit/enter the building.

It'll probably be another IP announcement next. I think it's going to be Alice Cooper because if the rumors of Penn and Teller being the main focus of the event are true, they'll probably hold off on announcing that.

I have heard more than a few rumors that Silent Hill was moved into Sound Stage 20b the location that was originally to house the now scrapped American werewolf house and then planned for "Dead Exposure" style house with something other than Zombies. The rumors say that the DE type house may have also been scrapped.

But there will be a 7th house, and it is in a location at Universal Studios Florida that seems most unlikely and was thought to be unavailable for HHN use ever again.

If the DE type house was scrapped then this 7th house remains a mystery that I cannot yet reveal. Unless it is revealed this weekend, I may add a new cryptic comment... when the time is right.

This is pretty interesting. Another obstacle? I think we all need to shake the hands of the entire Horror Nights staff for being able to pull of an event this year. A "location thought to be unavailable for use at HHN ever again..."? Hmmm... Nazerman's/Sting Alley?

The comment "unavailable for HHN use EVER AGAIN" is what has my interest piqued. I would assume (possibly incorrectly) that the Parade building has been assumed to be unavailable for the life of the Superstar Parade, not "never again". SS 44 would be unavailable since, erm, it doesn't exist. I'm assuming the Jaws queue doesn't exist anymore, either, although I haven't visited since that sad day (RIP Bruce). Nazarman's I'd assume wouldn't be available again since it's taken up with coffee and sweet stuff.

That's a lot of assuming, I need to start presuming instead.

Curiouser and curiouser, Dr. Jimmy.

Nazarman's I'd assume wouldn't be available again since it's taken up with coffee and sweet stuff.

Common misconception. Nazermans still exists, BUT it is used as a green room for Blues Brothers and the rest is used for storage.

Starbucks & Ben/Jerrys is located in the building next to Nazermans divided by Sting Alley.

The location that Dr Jimmy is hinting at is the parade building.