HHN 22 Speculation

why does it have to be "infected by zombies"? why does ONE house (and a briefly seen description) have to define the theme? why couldn't the "theme" be "Fog world"/"other world" via Silent Hill?

The "theme" (if there was one), could be just about anything...

Don't expect an over-arching theme. I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just that signs are pointing to it not happening.

It would be better to lower your expectations for this year and be surprised then get giddy over nothing and end up disappointed.

EDIT - And nothing is implying "Death" as an icon. That's just wishful thinking all around.

I'm never disappointed with HHN... and yes there is always partial wishful thinking...if I could meet a Djinn and get all of my wishes I would never be able to speculate :)

ps. I would love Death as an old school icon with full on back story = most likely wishful thinking

Apocolyptic "theming" = Guarantee

* And to the comment you made some posts after that one.......Just because I would LIKE to see something happen, DOES NOT mean I or others would be unhappy or ungrateful as to whatever the event may actually provide. No Beef, just sayin.

Edited by Mr.Grim

Just a thought. Remember back in 2009 when we had sponsorships for a couple of houses (i.e. The Spawning and Leave It To Cleaver)? Do you all think that Penn & Teller are just for sponsorship, and not having a whole house dedicated to their act?

Ding ding ding.

We have a winner. However, the branding will get very apparent.

And Karras, just like every year, proof is what I have been told but can't share. If I share, then I won't be told in the future. However, I've been told by three different sources Penn and Teller were very involved with a house even before Jimmy's video.

If there's one thing I've realized about HHN, it's where there's smoke there's fire.

Aw, come on! I brought this up 20 pages ago and got nothing out of you all. :rolleyes:

I'm personally quite pleased with this idea, as it amounts to basically Original House #4.

Aw, come on! I brought this up 20 pages ago and got nothing out of you all. :rolleyes:

I'm personally quite pleased with this idea, as it amounts to basically Original House #4.

but then that also means that Alice Coopers house is an "Original" Im sure he isnt in Orlando and Hollywood making the house.

but seriously though I am beyond excited for EVERYTHING UOR HHN has to offer this year

Edited by MMMU

I wanted to start talking about The house locations..So pretty much I think they will go like this...

-SS20A Victorian Manor

-SS20B ??Silent Hill??

-SS22 Gargoyles

-Disaster Queue The Walking Dead (obviously)

- Tent 1 Penn & Teller

- Tent 2 Alice Cooper

And last but not least... were will the Dead exposure type house go??...

I'm thinking the Parade Building!

-the Mardi Gras floats have been removed to make room

-people have been cast here

-Most recently yesterday(July 18th) the Parade Buildings door was OPEN.

The day of reckoning is near… AMC’s The Walking Dead will become inescapable reality this year at HHN.

Check out this video featuring Jim Timon and John Murdy from Universal’s Entertainment team, giving you the details behind the all-new haunted houses which will have guests at Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood struggling to survive.

Maybe they're just building hype for TWD house, but I think "The day of reckoning is near..." could be also a hint for the "end of the world" theme for the overall event, as has been speculated by some people.

As for your question, someone like me feels the house makes more sense for everyone involved. How can you expect Penn and Teller to drop their show in Vegas and their tour to do HHN every event night? The house allows them to have a presence at the event without having to give up all the money they could make touring and in Vegas. The flip side is Universal saves a ton of money by having them do a house and not a show. Obviously a show makes more sense if your looking at it from the standpoint with no budget constraints.

Very good points. It only makes sense for them to do a show because of the association with their profession, and their names are going to attract the general public into the park regardless; unfortunately, you’re still going to have people coming under the false pretense of, “Well, they’re magicians, so naturally they’re doing a show for the event.” If you’re not smart enough to research what you’re paying an upwards of $90 for then I don’t know what to say.

Logistically, where could you even house their show? The only arena big enough to hold and control the kind of guest turnout they'll attract is Blue Man Group or Hard Rock. Both are too far away from the rest of the event geographically, and Universal isn't going to stop a permanent venue/show to compensate for a seasonal one. If they did do a show, it’d have to be a very limited, separately ticketed event.

SS 23 would be a great location, but it's currently occupied.

You know how we had three different billboards last year? And how we have three different billboards for the SuperStar parade.

Who thinks we'll have a four different billboards with our different IPs.

I do! I do!

Edited by Legacy

SS 23 would be a great location, but it's currently occupied.

You know how we had three different billboards last year? And how we have three different billboards for the SuperStar parade.

Who thinks we'll have a four different billboards with our different IPs.

I do! I do!

billboards? what do u mean? in the park ? or like on the freeway?

Penn & Teller WONT be doing any regular nightly show. THEY HAVE OTHER CONTRACTUAL Commitments. A Penn & Teller themed maze ? Possibly. A one time Penn & Teller appearance or show ? Possibly. Regular appearances throughout the evnt. NOT HAPPENING>

There is no way Penn and Teller will have a show at HHN. I'm a huge fan and would love this, but seriously doubt it. To be totally honest I am way more excited to see what they can bring to a house. Depending on how close they worked with A&D I can’t imagine how nuts this house could be. These guys could bring us the best effects any house has ever seen. Their whole life is sleight of hand and practical effects....I can’t wait, it could be totally different from anything else we have seen before. This is the one House that really seems like it has the potential to be something no one else has. This could be a break through type house.....or a bomb lol.....but I have high hopes

Edited by bonovox

Penn and Teller have shows planned elsewhere during the event. So they will not be doing an ongoing show. I could see them being there opening night to field questions. The house is happening though...

I haven't been to TNA or any of the live studio recordings, Like The Ellen DeGeneres Show. How do they usually do seating for a SS? Just curious.

TNA is in SS21 and they have bleachers set up along with room to stand around.

During Grinchmas at IOA, they use SS20 for the show. They have the stage set up and again, stadium style bleachers for seating.

If these Penn & Teller rumors are indeed true, what a waste of a house.

You're still reaching. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about Bill and Ted being a haunted house.

You missed my point entirely dude. From the get go I was talking about taking obscure properties and turning them into houses. For some odd reason Bill and Ted was brought up, which is a show, not a house.

If these Penn & Teller rumors are indeed true, what a waste of a house.

Why exactly is it a waste of a house? seriously, i'd love to hear a fully detailed explanation on why you think this. As far as i'm concerned, with that type mentality, any of this years rumored houses could be considered "a waste of a house".

"Ugh TWD!? Really? MORE zombies?... what a complete waste of a house"

You really seem to have a very limited and very narrow point of creative view towards things like HHN. You probably are one of those that have it in their mind that if something isn't directly horror based, it isnt scary or it doesnt belong at HHN. How about broadening your horizons a little and expanding your skewed vision to thinking "outside of the box". I guarantee you that if HHN limited itself to your way of thinking, the event wouldnt be on its 22nd year... and Knott's wouldn't be celebrating its 40th haunt event.

• Like 4

I believe the P&T house will be amazing, and creative, and crazy, and people will go "OMG how they did that?" or "OMG that was insane!" or stuff like that,

If the house does happen I feel that this might happen, people will love it just for how crazy it is,

I don't really understand what is people's view on P&T, but they are crazy, and funny, and they love freaking out people, sounds pretty much perfect for HHN

• Like 1

Just because i'm an ass.... I figured i'd post this B)

Screamscape Update - (2/13/12)

According to a reader, Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller fame) was tweeting this past week about being in Orlando and in talks with Universal Orlando about a possible “new thang” with the theme park. Going through my own personal memory banks, Penn & Teller were hosts of a rather gruesome blood & guts show performance back at one of the first Halloween Horror Nights at the Hollywood park back in the early 90s. Maybe even at the very first HHN in Hollywood… but I’m not sure. It would be great to see them come back and wow the Orlando crowd in 2012.

Screamscape Update - (2/16/12)

Our friends over at Inside The Magic report that they were tipped off by a possible Penn & Teller themed HHN show concept earlier this month when Universal sent out another HHN based guest survey, getting feedback about certain Celebs or Horror franchises. The list included a who’s who list of Horror / Gothic film directors, hard rockers like AC/DC, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Mansion, Alice Cooper and Ozzy, as well as dropping the names of Criss Angel as well as Penn & Teller into the mix.

Now this certainly isn’t a lock that we’ll see a Penn & Teller show at HHN 2012… but it does seem a sure thing that at least Universal and the duo have been talking about it. Time will tell if they can come to an agreement

Here is that Penn & Teller article

http://www.insidethe...lebrity-survey/

Penn's Tweet on Twitter:

@pennjillette: We did a fun show for Home builders this morning and then one of the most exciting meetings ever at Universal. If we do this, it’ll be great

@pennjillette: So excited about possibly doing this new thang with Universal.But, I guess I’ll go out to supper with friends. \Good house steak in Orlando?

As you can see, Screamscape posted the rumor of P&T back in February. Then 'Inside The Magic' posted an article regarding a survey that included both Alice Cooper and P&T. Then of course we have the actual tweet from Penn himself about their meetings with Universal. And just for kicks, here is a random article claiming that we were getting TWD as a house along with Alice Cooper...

http://acomicbookblog.com/2012/04/walking-dead-prison-themed-maze-coming-to-universal-studios/

That article was initially uploaded on April 24th. But Screamscape reported the rumblings of TWD on April 20th.

(4/20/12)

I’m not sure how much of this is true, but the latest rumor to float my way regarding Halloween Horror Nights 2012 seems to indicate that the park may be looking to partner up with far more existing intellectual properties than they have in the past.

According to our source, the Alice Cooper themed maze from HHN Hollywood last year was such a break away hit, that we may see it copied in Orlando this year. We’ve already talked about the pending inclusion of Penn & Teller, but there are also rumors claiming that we may see haunts themed to current shows like TruBlood and The Walking Dead. I’ve also heard some about kind of possible creative changes taking place with this year’s Bill & Ted show. More when we hear it…

Edited by WESKER69
  • Like 5