HHN 22 Speculation

What has the Undertaker done for horror? Honestly.

Let's take this further though:

What has Arbor Day and Easter done for Horror before HHN?

What has Bill and Ted done for horror? They're a staple.

You're automatically assuming that just because someone doesn't do horror they can't do horror. And that is the wrong way to look at it. Anything can become scary done right.

You're reaching.

You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you? They're famous for being magicians with a "psychotic twist" who specialize in gory tricks. Teller is debuting a horror film. They're in the very least, far more significant to the genre than the Undertaker from the WWE...

Either way, they really don't need a specific tie to the genre. They're extremely creative minds who can add some very unique effects and factors to this year's event.

Once again. Would Penn & Teller make more sense as a show or a haunted house?

A quick google search would have told you there "link" to horror. (not to mention there dark twisted sense of humor)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2331027/

http://playdeadthemovie.com/trailer/

The house may be based off this for all we know

Uh oh, you got me there ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnqPjUPLDjY

Edited by Karras

Once again. Would Penn & Teller make more sense as a show or a haunted house?

Obviously a show, but that's not my point. My point is, I think they could pull off one hell of a haunted house and to act like it would be an abomination is hilarious. They are pros at making disturbing things look realistic. Do you not see how that could be important for a haunted house?

Obviously a show, but that's not my point. My point is, I think they could pull off one hell of a haunted house and to act like it would be an abomination is hilarious. They are pros at making disturbing things look realistic. Do you not see how that could be important for a haunted house?

ok think about this , lady luck was involved in the houses last year, what if p&t were involved with horrific pranks in the houses? thats a huge stretch on my behalf considering it wouldnt fit with silent hill or the walking dead but just diarrhea of my mouth

Ok I don't think we will get a huge theme this year(ya know with an Icon, backstory, and were all the houses tie together.) But I do still expect there to be a theme...We are Orlando...not Hollywood were ALL our houses are movies...I believe some of the houses this year are still going to be original like the Gargoyles, Victorian manor, and Dead exposure type house...But anyways I do expect this years event to have a basic Zombie apocalypse theme..Kinda like Universal Studios hase been infected by the Zombie apocalypse (especially with that event overview that was leaked on the website...but then Universal took it down..)

• Like 1

Karras, no offense but you seem to be the one reaching. He laid out 3 things for you. Bill and Ted has absolutely nothing to do with Horror but yet is a staple every single year. Arbor day? Easter? Nobody ever thought of those two holidays in a horror sense before HHN. HHN has a way of taking normal things and adding a Horror twist and they do it very well.

As for your question, someone like me feels the house makes more sense for everyone involved. How can you expect Penn and Teller to drop their show in Vegas and their tour to do HHN every event night? The house allows them to have a presence at the event without having to give up all the money they could make touring and in Vegas. The flip side is Universal saves a ton of money by having them do a house and not a show. Obviously a show makes more sense if your looking at it from the standpoint with no budget constraints.

What has the Undertaker done for horror? Honestly.

What has Arbor Day and Easter done for Horror before HHN?

What has Bill and Ted done for horror? They're a staple.

You're automatically assuming that just because someone doesn't do horror they can't do horror. And that is the wrong way to look at it. Anything can become scary done right.

I have to agree with you completely, Legacy. The mere fact that I have seen houses that did not seem scary at all come out of Universal, and have them scare the crap out of me makes feel that Universal can make anything scary. Look at Scary Tales, I mean that is the perfect house chain that proves that even the happiest of stories can be TWISTED. That is what Universal does, it twists things and creates something scary. Of course, Bloody Mary helped with the theme of twisted stories, but it has happened year after year. With Penn and Teller being a possibility for a house or show, Universal would not be foolish enough to make a "Magic House." They would twist it, possibly make Penn and Teller the Fraternal Twins of Anarchy, and make a "Magic Gone Wrong House," or something of that nature. I would be for that idea. Maybe a house based off of illusions to add tricky scares. Something unexpected. Even our comedy houses in the past were made to be sick. Dark humor. I believe that magic, illusions, trickery, these can all be twisted into something fearful.

Therefore, for me, an Illusion based or magic based house- I am completely fine with it.

You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you? They're famous for being magicians with a "psychotic twist" who specialize in gory tricks. "Many of their effects rely heavily on shock appeal and violence, although presented in a humorous manner." Teller is debuting a horror film. They're in the very least, far more significant to the genre than the Undertaker from the WWE...

Either way, I don't see why they really 't need a specific tie to the genre. They're extremely creative minds who can add some very unique effects and factors to this year's event.

Also Karras if you read the link in the quoted post above it will show you other things Teller has done in the " World of Horror".

Although im sure universal will not let us down, this is the first year im just not as excited as ive been in the previous years. It just seems this year there is no originality and creativity. with walking dead and silent hill, and now penn & teller and the alice cooper house rumors..these are all very "HOLLYWOODISH." and plus the website being so generic and kinda cheap so far.. it just doesnt help the situation. I havent really followed through with the whole alice cooper house rumor. where did this come from if anyone doesnt mind filling me in..i know im a little late.

at this rate the house lineup's will be exactly the same ALL THE WAY THROUGH the event... we are 2 for 2 on house lineup's mimicking each other...does anyone know if that's ever been done before??

07 with the New Line agreement.

Although im sure universal will not let us down, this is the first year im just not as excited as ive been in the previous years. It just seems this year there is no originality and creativity. with walking dead and silent hill, and now penn & teller and the alice cooper house rumors..these are all very "HOLLYWOODISH." and plus the website being so generic and kinda cheap so far.. it just doesnt help the situation. I havent really followed through with the whole alice cooper house rumor. where did this come from if anyone doesnt mind filling me in..i know im a little late.

Welcome to the new era.

I have a feeling we will see this trend continue were the 2 event are almost the same .

Having played the Silent Hill games I am exited to see this come to life. The walking dead not so much...

But I do still expect there to be a theme...We are Orlando...not Hollywood were ALL our houses are movies..

1991-2003 = ZERO "theme". Sure you had an icon in 1995 & 2000-2003, the events didn't have an overall theme. 2004 was the start of overall "themes". Some would include 2004 into the "no theme" category as well. So really you're only looking at 7 out of the 21 events having had an actual overall theme.

What does Hollywood having movie houses have to do with anything? Their event has more or less featured a "theme" when the event returned in 2006. (2006 - director, 2007 - carnival, 2008 - nightmares, 2009 - movies etc etc). The two biggest movie-house based events for Orlando were 2007 & 2009, which... wait for it... had a theme and all but 1 or 2 houses were movie houses :o

While we've got some awesome debate going on (and thank you all for keeping it civilized, I think I speak for the entire team when I say we really appreciate it) I'd like to say please keep all "I hope we get *something random and unrelated*" posts in the wishful thinking thread. Speculation is for rumors based off of clues and for any information we've already gotten.

Just trying to keep things a bit organized. You may continue with your (civil) bickeri- *ahem* debating ;)

• Like 2

at this rate the house lineup's will be exactly the same ALL THE WAY THROUGH the event... we are 2 for 2 on house lineup's mimicking each other...does anyone know if that's ever been done before??

2007's New Line Cinema (NOES, F13, TCM) like Legacy said

2009 - SAW, My Bloody Valentine, Chucky

Here's The THING.... while we may have had houses based on the same properties, they were nothing like each other. Each were created by each event's own creative team. So if anyone visited both events in either 2007 or 2009 and went through NOES, F13, TCM, Chucky, or SAW.... they experienced something completely different and unique despite it being the same source material.

Really? How am I reaching?

I eagerly await your, what was the word you like to use, proof.

You said it yourself.

I'm still waiting on your proof for P&T's involvment.

Karras, no offense but you seem to be the one reaching. He laid out 3 things for you. Bill and Ted has absolutely nothing to do with Horror but yet is a staple every single year. Arbor day? Easter? Nobody ever thought of those two holidays in a horror sense before HHN. HHN has a way of taking normal things and adding a Horror twist and they do it very well.

As for your question, someone like me feels the house makes more sense for everyone involved. How can you expect Penn and Teller to drop their show in Vegas and their tour to do HHN every event night? The house allows them to have a presence at the event without having to give up all the money they could make touring and in Vegas. The flip side is Universal saves a ton of money by having them do a house and not a show. Obviously a show makes more sense if your looking at it from the standpoint with no budget constraints.

My fault, I forgot Bill & Ted are featured in a haunted house every year.

I fully understand how certain properties/ideas can have a horror twist on them but not P&T. If they themselves are going to be involved at all show or house it will be in video form with assistants.

The logistics of a haunted house featuring magic and topical humor doesn't make sense to me. Plus can you imagine the reset time on the magic tricks? Are the scare actors going to have to stand there and repeat the same tricks over and over?

The logistics of a haunted house featuring magic and topical humor doesn't make sense to me.

That's because you're not thinking outside of the box.

Plus can you imagine the reset time on the magic tricks? Are the scare actors going to have to stand there and repeat the same tricks over and over?

And how is reset time any different than the multitude of victim show-scenes we have seen year after year? So yes, i CAN actually imagine the reset time because it has been done over and over again at the event before. And guess what, scareactors DO stand there and repeat the same thing over and over and over if that specific role calls for them to do so.

Therefore what you just said only proves that you haven't paid attention to what goes on at the event.

Edited by WESKER69

Just a thought. Remember back in 2009 when we had sponsorships for a couple of houses (i.e. The Spawning and Leave It To Cleaver)? Do you all think that Penn & Teller are just for sponsorship, and not having a whole house dedicated to their act?

I'm still waiting on your proof for P&T's involvment.

The logistics of a haunted house featuring magic and topical humor doesn't make sense to me. Plus can you imagine the reset time on the magic tricks? Are the scare actors going to have to stand there and repeat the same tricks over and over?

Why is it that proof is a one-way road? Why shouldn't we be demanding that you provide proof that they won't be involved? Speculation is the name of the thread. This isn't going to be a thread filled with confirmed facts and it never is. We can only speculate based off of what we are given and the big rumors, which this is.

As for the magic tricks, I'm going to assume that you haven't taken the time to watch any of their acts. Stuff as simple as this could most definitely be used in a house:

Most likely a "Penn & Teller Presents".... however they could have a queue video (which can be done even with sprung tents, we saw it in 2006 & 2007). And if there was supposed to be something inside the house, it could be via videoscreens (Bloodengutz last year comes to mind) or porjection cameo (Bloody Mary inside the crypt scene of The Hallow)

Just a thought. Remember back in 2009 when we had sponsorships for a couple of houses (i.e. The Spawning and Leave It To Cleaver)? Do you all think that Penn & Teller are just for sponsorship, and not having a whole house dedicated to their act?

Ding ding ding.

We have a winner. However, the branding will get very apparent.

And Karras, just like every year, proof is what I have been told but can't share. If I share, then I won't be told in the future. However, I've been told by three different sources Penn and Teller were very involved with a house even before Jimmy's video.

If there's one thing I've realized about HHN, it's where there's smoke there's fire.

• Like 1