HHN 22 Speculation

Not to beat a Dead Horse bc Ive said it before. Im guessing Walking Dead. Even if there were difficulties with licensures, both companies would be stupid not to come to an agreement on the deal. All the naturally occuring hypes this year will feed publicity, with the 2012, end of the world, Zombie Apocolypse etc etc that peoples keep talking about....it would just be smart for everyone. Both sides would benefit, especially since the fan base for both are in full swing. The house is a done deal, we have seen it with our own eyes. Its just a matter of name use. I also believe we are getting an Apocolyptic theme this year. Im just hoping that they have a cool Icon like DEATH or MY favorite GRIM REAPER, or Death and Destruction or the Four Horseman of the Apocolypse. With the 100 year celebration for Uni Im expecting some amazing innovative things this year. Woohoooo!!!!.....Sorry.....Ill calm down...lol

Edited by Mr.Grim

Don't expect an over-arching theme. I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just that signs are pointing to it not happening.

It would be better to lower your expectations for this year and be surprised then get giddy over nothing and end up disappointed.

EDIT - And nothing is implying "Death" as an icon. That's just wishful thinking all around.

Edited by Legacy

I'm excited to see how flawless The Walking Dead zombie make-up will be in person. I hope it's a somewhat lengthy house (for Disaster queue).

So is it safe to say this year’s theme will be mostly a post-apocalyptic theme?

Maybe the teaser site this year will be a time bomb slowly counting down to opening day (the apocalypse) with each update being clues on how to traverse the wasteland.

If HHN is going with an apocalypse theme this year, I wonder if the Penn &Teller house could be a dark comedy satire of end-of-the-world scenarios and conspiracy theories? P&T have been poking fun at this kind of stuff for years. Could be pretty entertaining...

There is no Penn & Teller house. It was just a lame rumor that is still floating around for some reason.

There is no Penn & Teller house. It was just a lame rumor that is still floating around for some reason.

And your proof would be?....

Next you're going to say that P&T don't have history with HHN... specifically not in 1992 at HHN Hollywood with a show called "The Bad Boys of Magic"...

where is that confirmed p&t debunked? dr jimmy put all his faith into that rumor

I've actually been quite pleased with what all the houses have appeared to be thus far, including Penn & Teller. My primary concern was the potential of crowd flow problems if the house and scarezone count went down, as well as concern that there wouldn't be any other value-add if that were to happen. I must say that, thus far, Uni has come a long way to allay those concerns (especially with the "dark, darken, darker" and "face to face" hints that seem to be cropping up).

I guess I'd like to hear a bit more info before totally discounting a Penn and Teller house; it has seemed to be a pretty strong likelihood from several sources at this stage.

Terribly pleased with the reveals so far... PLEASE let them have seriously upped the number of actors this year - I keep feeling like they might have.

ETA: I want herds.

Edited by Troiandan
  • Like 1

So is it safe to say this year’s theme will be mostly a post-apocalyptic theme?

No.

Maybe the teaser site this year will be a time bomb slowly counting down to opening day (the apocalypse) with each update being clues on how to traverse the wasteland.

They've revealed two houses, had a static splash up for two months, shown concept art for an upcoming house and you're still expecting a teaser site? I know everyone wants that "over-arching theme," but it isn't happening. Why can't people just appreciate what they're getting?

Me thinks you doth protest too much.

And your proof would be?....

Next you're going to say that P&T don't have history with HHN... specifically not in 1992 at HHN Hollywood with a show called "The Bad Boys of Magic"...

Where's the proof for it? I'm sorry but a person claiming to have ‘sources’ isn’t enough for me. Plus there's a great difference between a P&T show and a house. One making sense and the other the dumbest idea I've heard happening to HHN since the tent over IOA.

No.

They've revealed two houses, had a static splash up for two months, shown concept art for an upcoming house and you're still expecting a teaser site? I know everyone wants that "over-arching theme," but it isn't happening. Why can't people just appreciate what they're getting?

Me thinks you doth protest too much.

I know you’re the speculation police but you've been wrong in past years.

• Like 1

I hope it's an apocalyptic theme. It can work. I don't like Silent Hill and The Walking Dead - cash grabs and not creative. The design was created already through the series'.

I would love to see scare zones that are right outside of the house entrances with a nice transition between the two. For example, a snowy/fog ridden zone for Silent Hill, then zombies that are on the other side of the fog.

Edited by alone
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Legacy. I feel like they would have given us the teaser site already giving us the theme if there was one. That's how it was for Reflections of Fear, Ripped from the Silver Screen, and Fear... Hell that's how it's basically always been. This year just isn't going in that direction. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but with everything we've gotten so far it's safe to say that we wont be getting the over arching theme.

Plus there's a great difference between a P&T show and a house. One making sense and the other the dumbest idea I've heard happening to HHN

Oh so its a dumb idea for someone of celebrity status to come in and create an original house? Hmmm... funny. It has worked for Hollywood since 1998. Clive Barker (1998, 1999, 2000), Rob Zombie (1999, 2000), WWF's The Undertaker (2000), Alice Cooper (2011). Oddly enough, you have no idea how good or bad a house would be if Penn & Teller (or anyone else for that matter) were to create it.

Just because you don't like the idea of it happening, doesn't mean it isnt true.

• Like 6

It has worked for Hollywood since 1998. Clive Barker (1998, 1999, 2000), Rob Zombie (1999, 2000), WWF's The Undertaker (2000), Alice Cooper (2011).

I've never been to the West Coast event, but I always assume, year after year, that Rob Zombie will have a maze out there. Maybe this is a trial run for P&T to become Orlando's staple celebrity guest, like Zombie has been for Hollywood? I wouldn't say the two are directly comparable, but to me it's still a possibility. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Oh so its a dumb idea for someone of celebrity status to come in and create an original house? Hmmm... funny. It has worked for Hollywood since 1998. Clive Barker (1998, 1999, 2000), Rob Zombie (1999, 2000), WWF's The Undertaker (2000), Alice Cooper (2011). Oddly enough, you have no idea how good or bad a house would be if Penn & Teller (or anyone else for that matter) were to create it.

Just because you don't like the idea of it happening, doesn't mean it isnt true.

Ok now, look closely (real close) at the names you presented in your post. Every one of them is involved in horror one way or another. What are Penn & Teller's contributions to the horror genre?

Where's the proof for it?

Ok now, look closely (real close) at the names you presented in your post. Every one of them is involved in horror one way or another. What are Penn & Teller's contributions to the horror genre?

A quick google search would have told you there "link" to horror. (not to mention there dark twisted sense of humor)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2331027/

http://playdeadthemovie.com/trailer/

The house may be based off this for all we know

Edited by darkdelusions

What has the Undertaker done for horror? Honestly.

Let's take this further though:

What has Arbor Day and Easter done for Horror before HHN?

What has Bill and Ted done for horror? They're a staple.

You're automatically assuming that just because someone doesn't do horror they can't do horror. And that is the wrong way to look at it. Anything can become scary done right.

• Like 5

You really have no clue what you're talking about, do you? They're famous for being magicians with a "psychotic twist" who specialize in gory tricks. "Many of their effects rely heavily on shock appeal and violence, although presented in a humorous manner." Teller is debuting a horror film. They're in the very least, far more significant to the genre than the Undertaker from the WWE...

Either way, I don't see why they really 't need a specific tie to the genre. They're extremely creative minds who can add some very unique effects and factors to this year's event.

Edited by Tbad556