HHN 22 Speculation

Looks like we've got the whole "park scarezone" thing again... I doubt we'll be seeing the flags or anything like that. Just zombies running about. The thing that just doesn't work with this for me is that they're just isn't enough actors at one time for them to have a legit horde of zombies. Maybe they have some type of plan, though... maybe.

From the HHN Orlando Facebook:

They can’t run, but we’re pretty sure they’ll getcha! They’re coming to Halloween Horror Nights, lots of them! We are one day away from making our next announcement…

Walking Dead announcement tomorrow?

• Like 1

They posted the same "They can’t run, but we’re pretty sure they’ll getcha! They’re coming to Halloween Horror Nights, lots of them! We are one day away from making our next announcement…" on HHN Hollywood Facebook page as well.

They're not going to make the simultaneous big announcement of a generic zombie maze/scarezone for both parks...

Almost 100% sure they'll make The Walking Dead partnership announcement tomorrow.

They posted the same "They can’t run, but we’re pretty sure they’ll getcha! They’re coming to Halloween Horror Nights, lots of them! We are one day away from making our next announcement…" on HHN Hollywood Facebook page as well.

They're not going to make the simultaneous big announcement of a generic zombie maze/scarezone for both parks...

Almost 100% sure they'll make The Walking Dead partnership announcement tomorrow.

exactly how they did it with silent hill

It looks as though Universal is most likely doing a mixture of zones and hordes. I think that's a good idea and could work very well for the event. I really enjoyed the roaming zombie hordes at HOS last year and I found it very effective. This makes me even more curious about the overall theming for this years event. Is it going to be a mixture of different themes and ideas or could the zones and hordes be more closely related than rumored? Do you guys think that this year is leaning toward a HHN 14 or HHN 15 style of event? Maybe somewhere in-between (pun intended)? Your thoughts?

Edited by careyismyfavoritetown

It looks as though Universal is most likely doing a mixture of zones and hordes. I think that's a good idea and could work very well for the event. I really enjoyed the roaming zombie hordes at HOS last year and I found it very effective. This makes me even more curious about the overall theming for this years event. Is it going to be a mixture of different themes and ideas or could the zones and hordes be more closely related than rumored. Do you guys think that this year is leaning toward a HHN 14 or HHN 15 style of event. Maybe somewhere in-between (pun intended)? Your thoughts?

I'm thinking, from what the site said before they changed it, the entire event will have a post-apocalyptic zombie feel to it

So with the change in wording from the website, I wonder why the change?

Here's my thoughts...

Maybe "in the flesh" means a SZ of highly recognizable horror icons or maybe just another nod towards zombies. The new wording makes me think that the original wording gave too much info away.

Why change the wording so soon after the 1st update? The new wording sounds less descriptive than the first.

I'm thinking right now the theme for this year is the end of the world. Walking Dead a post apocalyptic world with zombies, Silent Hill essentially hell on earth, Alice's house could be like Alice Cooper: School's Out and it's like mass chaos and anarchy etc...you see where I'm going with this.

• Like 2

So with the change in wording from the website, I wonder why the change?

Here's my thoughts...

Maybe "in the flesh" means a SZ of highly recognizable horror icons or maybe just another nod towards zombies. The new wording makes me think that the original wording gave too much info away.

Why change the wording so soon after the 1st update? The new wording sounds less descriptive than the first.

I'm guessing they changed it because they wanted to try and keep the heavy zombie/Walking Dead influence a secret until tomorrow. Or some stupid reason like that.

If HHN is going with an apocalypse theme this year, I wonder if the Penn &Teller house could be a dark comedy satire of end-of-the-world scenarios and conspiracy theories? P&T have been poking fun at this kind of stuff for years. Could be pretty entertaining...

Well that is highly debatable at the moment. There are many factors pointing at yes and no.

the main "non" is that there simply isn't much room in there, even if they remove the mardi gras floats the Superstar parade floats take up a lot of room. It could also be SS33 or a dual run elsewhere...

I seem to remember reading elsewhere here that people would be surprised when the actual house locations are finally revealed. If they do end up using the Parade building, that might be the surprise. Since it doesn't make sense. Maybe they'll put the floats in that big tent they're going to put over IOA :P

Many Mardi Gras floats are parked under the Parade Pavilion and covered with tarps. From my understanding, they apparently only use the one garage style door for the Superstar floats & its in the back. There is also empty space in the center for float maintenance. The rest of the floats are shoved on the HHN side of the parade building. The interior is huge. Keep in mind, they also have Macy's parade floats as well. I would be surprised if all of the MG floats were parked under the pavilion. Eitherway, thats 3 parades, and only one of them is "active" on a daily basis.

The permit for the 7th house has been filed. They did it internally by using the already existing SS44 house permit. The fee has been paid, the permit has been reviewed, so now we're just waiting for the new one to show up and them to start construction. Despite SS33 being on the rehearsals listing, they have no reason to delay house construction there because VIP/special event dinners can go elsewhere, but no construction has begun inside.

And like previously stated, people have been CAST (NOT "casted") in B79 which is the parade building. However, it has been said that there has been no house construction in there yet. Most likely because they'll need to figure out spacing. Keep in mind, rehearsals don't start until Sept 3rd. So they have roughly 1 month & 2 weeks to get a house built & fully themed.

• Like 1