HHN 22 Speculation

All the complaining is just absurd. As several people have already stated, Universal continues to outdo themselves year after year with HHN, and there is no reason to believe that 2012 will be any different. Instead of dwelling on negative aspects that haven't even come to pass, why doesn't everybody try to think positive and have some fun

No, they don't outdo themselves every year. There has not been genuine, overarching atmosphere in years. The event hasn't been connected with a solid story in years. The scare zones have not seen scares in years. HHN 18 was the last year scare zones were genuinely entertaining and, at the same time, creative. Since HHN 15, there has not been cohesion to the event.

Ask ANYONE what were the best houses, and long time vets often will site older houses (Scream House, Body Collectors, Ghost Town, etc.). Yes, there are houses which worked well in recent years, I can't deny that - but those houses had something different about them. It may be the actors waiting even in FRONT of the queue's entrance, it may be the overall event was tied in better, but it was something.

When was the last time we had a genuine icon that wasn't rehashed to death?

Moved some posts regarding the Silent Hill attraction to the newly created topic

Please take all further discussion about the Silent Hill attraction to that topic. Carry on with speculation.

I always go back to this statement. If you don't like it, don't go to the event. I kinda understand censoring billboards but once your inside the gates as far as I'm concerned everything should be fair game. Oh my god lil Jimmy just saw cleavage *Gasp* just doesn't work for me. Keep lil Jimmy away from the event and you don't have to worry about him seeing it. To me the age restriction should be the same as a horror movie 17 and up unless accompanied by a parent. Then maybe we'd get the event we all really want which is uncensored and somewhat extreme.

• Like 1

No, they don't outdo themselves every year. There has not been genuine, overarching atmosphere in years. The event hasn't been connected with a solid story in years. The scare zones have not seen scares in years. HHN 18 was the last year scare zones were genuinely entertaining and, at the same time, creative. Since HHN 15, there has not been cohesion to the event.

Ask ANYONE what were the best houses, and long time vets often will site older houses (Scream House, Body Collectors, Ghost Town, etc.). Yes, there are houses which worked well in recent years, I can't deny that - but those houses had something different about them. It may be the actors waiting even in FRONT of the queue's entrance, it may be the overall event was tied in better, but it was something.

When was the last time we had a genuine icon that wasn't rehashed to death?

Ridiculous. Not that I disagree with what you're saying about how cool an overarching atmosphere is. I did love HHN18 and HHN15 for their distinctive feel. But to say that every year that DOESN'T is a let down is to deny Universal credit for the countless other things that go into an event. I don't agree that there haven't been scares in scarezones since 2008, and I think that most people feel similarly. Again, I agree that 2008 had the best zones, but I happen to think that the last two years have had some pretty cool streets (with a few duds as well, naturally).

And since you phrased your comment "since 2005," where were these other years that came prior to 2005 that live up to this standard?

No, the event doesn't "outdo" itself every year. But it always has the potential to. It's not on a downward trend. My favorite years are scattered all over the place. 2005, 2008, and 2010 -- respectively, the beginning, middle, and (close to) end of my years at horror nights.

As far as the houses argument: Sure, the past had some great houses. Naturally, people who have been going for a long time might have more houses from their first 8-10 years going than, say, their last 2. That doesn't mean the more recent years are bad. Also -- do you realize how hard it is to compare a house that you love this year to a house that's been etched into your memory and coated with nostalgia for the last decade? Even so, if you head over to that Top 10 houses topic, you'll see plenty of recent houses like Catacombs, Hades, Dead Exposure, The In-Between, etc. etc. even on the vet's posts. But since you admit to that there have been good houses in recent years, I'm really confused as to what you're arguing. Good houses...tend to have something...people like about them? ...obviously.

Edited by Blizzrock13
  • Like 1

I always go back to this statement. If you don't like it, don't go to the event. I kinda understand censoring billboards but once your inside the gates as far as I'm concerned everything should be fair game. Oh my god lil Jimmy just saw cleavage *Gasp* just doesn't work for me. Keep lil Jimmy away from the event and you don't have to worry about him seeing it. To me the age restriction should be the same as a horror movie 17 and up unless accompanied by a parent. Then maybe we'd get the event we all really want which is uncensored and somewhat extreme.

well last year 7 scarezone and Grown evil had actresses with some cleavage costumes, so, I don't think there is much problem inside the park no?

I do agree that is dumb for people to complain about this when there are billboards of girls in bikinis, I mean, This IS Florida...

well last year 7 scarezone and Grown evil had actresses with some cleavage costumes, so, I don't think there is much problem inside the park no?

I do agree that is dumb for people to complain about this when there are billboards of girls in bikinis, I mean, This IS Florida...

No, not a problem inside the park, although I do wish they could go a bit skimpier but that's the dirty old man in me. Some people will always find something to complain about no matter the subject.

Alone we know you hate event. You tell us every year. I'm still puzzled why you go or why you come here to complain.

But look on the brightside... It doesn't look like it will be "too blue" this year. ;)

• Like 4

No, they don't outdo themselves every year. There has not been genuine, overarching atmosphere in years. The event hasn't been connected with a solid story in years. The scare zones have not seen scares in years.

I think you posted in the wrong thread. This belongs in the speculation thread for Hollywood's event. ;)

• Like 1

Someone asked last page, but where do we think the Silent Hill house will be held? I'm thinking it will be in a soundstage with the facade of the hospital where the house will begin. There may be a little bit of the surrounding town too, but I dunno.

Right now, it's believed that it will be held in the new location for which the permit hasn't been shown on the City of Orlando website yet. It's been said that it takes around 20 days for the permit to appear on the website and the last revision to 44's permit(the conversion to this new location/house, i presume) was last week. By the end of the month we should know the new location and we'll know for certain when rehearsals come rolling around in Sept.

Right now, it's believed that it will be held in the new location for which the permit hasn't been shown on the City of Orlando website yet. It's been said that it takes around 20 days for the permit to appear on the website and the last revision to 44's permit(the conversion to this new location/house, i presume) was last week. By the end of the month we should know the new location and we'll know for certain when rehearsals come rolling around in Sept.

Casting can be pretty revealing too.

But i thought most won't reveal the roles as they include their initials? Or was that just for SZ's?

He was referring to casting with the houses Peter. And yes, casting for the 7th house can confirm things that prove others wrong. But obviously, until someone comes right out and basically "leaks" the new location, you will have to wait until the permit pops up. And since calls just started going out for houses, it would not be wise to reveal the new location yet so that way nobody gets fired.

• Like 1

He was referring to casting with the houses Peter. And yes, casting for the 7th house can confirm things that prove others wrong. But obviously, until someone comes right out and basically "leaks" the new location, you will have to wait until the permit pops up. And since calls just started going out for houses, it would not be wise to reveal the new location yet so that way nobody gets fired.

This exactly.

EDIT - And in other news: Casting Calls for houses have started going out. And no, those are not initials.

But again, don't expect them to get revealed easily. Universal has made it very evident they will have no problem firing people this year.

Edited by Legacy

so with this update the other day the event discription changed to this

Explore the depths of all-new haunted houses, spine-tingling scare zones, live shows and more. Halloween Horror Nights 22, featuring Silent Hill.

what do you think and more means?

Edited by HHNChef

^ Could be a dual run house or it could be part of the and more look what i found on the about event overvieew page

On select evenings, Universal Studios Florida® will transform into the nation’s premier Halloween event. Escape infection as you make your way through all-new haunted houses, spine-chilling scare zones and live shows, all while a horde of flesh-eating zombies prowls the darkened studio streets. There’s truly no better way to meet your end than at Halloween Horror Nights.

Plan your escape to Halloween Horror Nights 22 and come face-to-face with the living dead. Select nights September 21 – October 31

Escape infection?

This reminds me very much about the zombie themed mud-runs that have spung up lately. Its just like a Warrior Dash or Spartan, but you wear 3 flags. The zombies "attack" by trying to take your flag. At the end of the run, no flags = infected or dead.

Mix this with "alternate endings" and "escape infection" and "plan your escape".... could HHN be going more-interactive?

Escape infection?

This reminds me very much about the zombie themed mud-runs that have spung up lately. Its just like a Warrior Dash or Spartan, but you wear 3 flags. The zombies "attack" by trying to take your flag. At the end of the run, no flags = infected or dead.

Mix this with "alternate endings" and "escape infection" and "plan your escape".... could HHN be going more-interactive?

I actually thought the same thing. It could just be PR hype...but man these descriptions have my imagination running.

Escape infection?

isnt that a liability ? in case someone is running and falls and busts their head open? i just dont think that would be possible, cuz ive done stuff like that and had to sign an individual waiver saying if anything happens they arent liable