HHN 22 Speculation

i know nothing about TWD but that sounds like it would be an awesome street show

As for me, not really interested in it as a street show; I just really want a herd chasing me right into the CDT. Or vice versa. That's two roaming SZ that would be overwhelmingly happy-making.

• Like 1

Roaming hordes may be better than we think. HOS last year was ALL roaming zombie hordes and they were amazing. A group of 10 or so would kind of linger in an area for half an hour and then move on. There were also smaller groups of 3-5 would hide and chase. Even when you hit a dead zone, you'd usually hit another horde in a few hundred feet. And BG is a BIG park...

Im just a little confused as to someone saying that P&T would be the icons... That is such a far cry from what they have been trying to accomplish with the "three year arc" that was talked about. Fear, then Fate or lady luck.....and for the trifecta.......Penn and Teller.....wtf did that come from lol. Its like they said "Meh, these last two icons were ok....so .... quick lets change directions." I have no true complaints about Penn and Teller, great comedy, great magicians, offbeat styling, and very creative. It just seems so left field. If they do end up being the icons I could only imagine that they would have to be ALTERED in such a way that they are not recognizable as Penn and Teller the Magician duo. Regardless, if they are I do expect great things these guys are not famous for no reason, and when you take into consideration all the crazy and new ways they have reinvented old classic tricks, and the new ones that they have done, if they had input into a house design, it would be summed up in one term.......BADASS. Im just a little stumped as to what prompted and justified the huge change of direction. Comcast, construction, etc etc those just dont seem like enough to change the feel of the event. Im crazy excited to see these changes though, and Penn and Teller magicians or Penn and Teller made up as some NEW ICON will be great either way....different....but great. Once again guys- NOT Complaining. :)

Edited by Mr.Grim

Im just a little confused as to someone saying that P&T would be the icons... That is such a far cry from what they have been trying to accomplish with the "three year arc" that was talked about. Fear, then Fate or lady luck.....and for the trifecta.......Penn and Teller.....wtf did that come from lol.

I was thinking the same thing, unless they leverage them as CHOICE or FREE WILL. Like one having a "Back Story" established that leads him down a path of murder and mayhem. And the other going down a path of the righteous...and hunted.

A very weak idea, especially with the "Fact" that the P&T house is supposed to be in a Sprung Tent so it couldn't be a Dual Run that would play into this...but it's all I got :)

Quick question... with the code names for the scarezones, do any of them indicate Sting Alley? Seems kinda odd that it would be left out, especially when you figure they could easily create a scarezone based on P&T by reusing the Saws n' Steam traps and most pf the decor/props from last year...

I was thinking the same thing, unless they leverage them as CHOICE or FREE WILL. Like one having a "Back Story" established that leads him down a path of murder and mayhem. And the other going down a path of the righteous...and hunted.

A very weak idea, especially with the "Fact" that the P&T house is supposed to be in a Sprung Tent so it couldn't be a Dual Run that would play into this...but it's all I got :)

My theory is that P&T will be the icons, but they won't be "them". If that makes any sense. Basically it'll be them playing a character.

My theory is that P&T will be the icons, but they won't be "them". If that makes any sense. Basically it'll be them playing a character.

Honestly, if that's the case, I don't mind it too much....but I am still really BLUH on P&T being involved at all, though. :(

Edited by Pirka
  • Like 2

The three-year arch idea started by J. Michael Roddy in 2008 and was suppose to center on Bloody Mary and/or Legendary Truth running through 2010. Roddy was let go in the beginning of 2010, so the arch never properly finished or really existed. It was an idea that never truly came fruition and would be best forgotten.

Edited by Legacy

The three-year arch idea started by J. Michael Roddy in 2008 and was suppose to center on Bloody Mary and/or Legendary Truth running through 2010. Roddy was let go in the beginning of 2010, so the arch never properly finished or really existed. It was an idea that never truly came fruition and would be best forgotten.

Im probably mistaken then, at the most recent exhibit at the Orlando History museum, Aiello and my friends boss, the guy who is in charge of the makeup lol (sorry Im terrible with names), we were all talking for over an hour , and he said something along the lines of they were trying to do embodiments of ideas and unique approaches and that would be the general direction for the next couple years and we started talking in reference to HHN 20 so......I probably just associated the three year arc thing to that conversation. They put a who nose prosthetic on my lady friend as well....it was funny. That was also where my friend was instructed by the men themselves to never give me "any good hints that would give away the event".....and that .....sucked......So far he has taken them seriously lmao. Im more lost than most people this year. Anyways, thanks for the correction Legacy I have been going to HHN for quite a few years and Im sure my thoughts are a jumbled mess of info and memories lol.

Sorry, but has it been confirmed that P&T is the actual theme of the house? Couldn't it just be a loose tie-in, like Penn and Teller Present: [insert real house name here].? I feel like that makes the most sense, especially if the house is based around killer magicians (but not necessarily P&T themselves).

Any thought that Penn And Teller could have something to do with the event without actually being a Icon?

Sort of like Eli Roth's Hostel or Diego Luna's La Llarona in Hollywood. Just their idea for a ghouse, and realistically, nothing to actually do with them, other than the basic plot of said house?

Just a thought

You know, I've been thinking about the whole P&T thing, and is it possible that we've been putting too much stock in their involvement, and just assumed that they're directly involved as the face of the end product?

What I mean is, maybe they've been brought on more as consultants and instructors to talk about how they most effectively use misdirection for some of their tricks, or how some of the gorier ones are set up? Maybe it won't be a Penn & Teller house at all, but rather a Penn & Teller influenced house? Misdirection is a big part of any successful haunted house, after all. Not sure how likely this might be; just trying to look at it from a different angle.

• Like 2

You know, I've been thinking about the whole P&T thing, and is it possible that we've been putting too much stock in their involvement, and just assumed that they're directly involved as the face of the end product?

What I mean is, maybe they've been brought on more as consultants and instructors to talk about how they most effectively use misdirection for some of their tricks, or how some of the gorier ones are set up? Maybe it won't be a Penn & Teller house at all, but rather a Penn & Teller influenced house? Misdirection is a big part of any successful haunted house, after all. Not sure how likely this might be; just trying to look at it from a different angle.

I see where you are going with that idea, but some of the "in-the-know" members on the forum have suggested that there IS a P&T house. There are a few posts saying that it is 100% certain. I think they would be involved a little further than misdirection. Personally, I am starting to lean toward a "Penn & Teller present..." type of house.

The more I think about a P&T house, the more I feel that (as other have suggested) we will not be seeing P&T in the house - at least not as scareactors - but rather it will be a P&T Presents type of house.

We have grown used to seeing illusions in houses, and these are often the highlight of the house. The catwalk in Dead Silence comes to mind, as do the Pepper's Ghosts we are used to seeing. I can see how P&T could integrate some illusions we have all seen in magic shows but never in a haunted attraction to really up the ante. And as great as house designers can be with misdirection, who better to misdirect than magicians?

I would expect to see P&T appearing throughout the entire queue video, though. I could imagine them setting up a couple of tricks in the video where you will find the answer inside the house - along the lines of forcing a card in the video and seeing your card revealed at the end of the house. While that might sound lame and out of place in a haunted attraction (it sounds lame as I am typing it), these guys can make it cool.

I could even see P&T making a cameo appearance via videoscreens... you can't tell me that its not possible because they did it in H.R. Bloodengutz last year with every scene change as an intro to the scene. In 2008, Bloody Mary (and Micheal Roddy) have videoscreen cameos in Interstellar Terror.

2008's The Hallow had a projection of Bloody Mary... she'd walk into the scene, look at you, (i think motion for you to come closer similar to the Tower of Terror ghosts), then disappear...

Then of course there is always voice-overs being heard throughout the house... maybe even to mock you, or as zombieman said, misdirect you.

There IS also a rumor that the P&T house will be in 3D.... (we'll have to wait and see if that is true)

• Like 1

I really cannot wait to see their house, I don't know I don't really think they will be the icons, knowing their show and how they love to mess with people I could see how they house might be crazy, it is safe to say it will probably be different than anything HHN has done, probably expect some crazy stuff from that house

Any thought that Penn And Teller could have something to do with the event without actually being a Icon?

Sort of like Eli Roth's Hostel or Diego Luna's La Llarona in Hollywood. Just their idea for a ghouse, and realistically, nothing to actually do with them, other than the basic plot of said house?

Just a thought

Thats what I am thinking. Sort of like a Bloodngutz type "hosting" of a house.... would P&T really take a month and a half at USF to do a house and be there the whole time?

Scareactor names are being tied to the initials for the scarezones. For the sake discretion, that is all.

Are there any leaks or rumors on what could be the possible SZ themes or names coming from the scareactors names?