HHN 22 Speculation

I honestly don't know if Disaster! can be used anymore. When they did two houses there... all those fake props were not in the queue. Back then there were real props that had price tags (you could actually rent them). However they were on movable shelving units.

• Like 1

1998:

Museum Of Horrors: Chamber of Horrors/Museum of Horrors: Unnatural History (I don't recall if this was a Dual run). (SS22)

S.S. Fritanic: Carnage Crew/S.S. Frightanic: Fear in First Class (Was a dual Run) (Earthquake queue)

^yes Museum of Horror was a dual run. One side classic horror, the other side modern horror. It was originally supposed to be a triple run house. Charles has the layout posted on his Designing The Fear FB page. (VIP lounge album)

I honestly don't know if Disaster! can be used anymore.

From what I know, the plane, shark & the other large prop pieces can only be shoved here/there, but not removed. So it can only have one house in the queue and the house has to be designed a specific way to accommodate the props.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know if Disaster! can be used anymore. When they did two houses there... all those fake props were not in the queue. Back then there were real props that had price tags (you could actually rent them). However they were on movable shelving units.

Looking at earlier photos of the construction (before the barn shape), I don't recall seeing the former burnt Jaws figure near where the barn is now. Anyone who's taken photos of the Disaster construction at any time recall seeing it anywhere in the area? Just curious with all this talk of non-movable "props" but the barn taking up most the spot where the shark usually is.

Does anybody remember the house "Dead Exposure?" Well, there was this one part where you were in a big room filled with 20-30 zombie actors, and you had to walk through them, and you could only see them with the lights off rather than on.

I am thinking that if we have a Silent Hill house, that they could do something amazing and similar to this scene (even better than it). If they put a room full of the nurse characters and have a flashlight effect that turns on and off, the nurses could react appropriately as you try to walk through them (most of you know what i mean). i think that would scare the daylights out of me.... pun intended

Looking at earlier photos of the construction (before the barn shape), I don't recall seeing the former burnt Jaws figure near where the barn is now. Anyone who's taken photos of the Disaster construction at any time recall seeing it anywhere in the area? Just curious with all this talk of non-movable "props" but the barn taking up most the spot where the shark usually is.

The shark is located next the bigger plane prop. Its still there though.

Does anybody remember the house "Dead Exposure?" Well, there was this one part where you were in a big room filled with 20-30 zombie actors, and you had to walk through them, and you could only see them with the lights off rather than on.

The "crowded room" was actually not as large as it looked. It was a bunch of dummies on either side of the path with only 2 scareactors in the scene, one on each side. As for seeing them, the whole house was designed for the "camera flash" to illuminate the zombies, in the case of that scene, it strobed...

• Like 1

Maybe is a combination of both, 4 stationary SZ and 4 roaming SZ, that would explain why they were listed in two group of four.

I can see 4 of them roaming along the parade route and 4 stationary in the back.

Question: Is there still a chance of a dual run house in those listed locations?

7 locations doesn't necessarily mean 7 houses.

If that's the case we could go up to 8 houses and 8 SZ...and that'd be sweet

I heard yesterday they its more like 3 stationary zones and 5 roaming? I don't know,

I kinda hope is 4 and 4, but 3 is better than just one, I hope we get at least 3 big Props Full scarezones

and if we get roaming zones I really hope they are not like Nightmaze, I hope at least their costumes are amazing, Like I was saying before Wizard of Oz Scarezone didnt have props but their costumes were so nice it was great.

but I really hated how plain Nightmaze was...

Let me try to say this as delicately as I can....seeing as your gender is listed as female under your avitar, and Wesker said that the exact size requirements was for SELECT roles, I'm hoping for some nice, tight, skimpy outfits for the lady scareactors :D

Well, that or super tight outfits that have "zombie skins" on top so they can have detailed, graphic strips of prosthetic flesh hanging off the horde of Zombies I hope to be outside of The Walking Dead.

Either one would make me a very happy (dirty old) man.

LOL :lol:

Edited by black mask

and if we get roaming zones I really hope they are not like Nightmaze, I hope at least their costumes are amazing, Like I was saying before Wizard of Oz Scarezone didnt have props but their costumes were so nice it was great.

but I really hated how plain Nightmaze was...

Nightmaze wasnt "roaming"... That was a normal scarezone that had shifting walls.

A roaming horde would the chainsaw drill team (2006 they literally roamed the entire park) or 2008's zombies over by MIB

2008's Path of the Wicked most certainly did have set-pieces. There were dungeon style mini towers with chains and the wicked witch's tower.

Nightmaze wasnt "roaming"... That was a normal scarezone that had shifting walls.

A roaming horde would the chainsaw drill team (2006 they literally roamed the entire park) or 2008's zombies over by MIB

2008's Path of the Wicked most certainly did have set-pieces. There were dungeon style mini towers with chains and the wicked witch's tower.

about Nightmaze I meant the costumes, that zone left a lot to be desired, I know it wasn't roaming but I meant I hope the actors look really great in the zones.

I forgot about Path of the Wicked,

true, I think if you go wait at least 45 minutes before and try to go to the back of the park seeing all houses is possible,

I haven't tried doing all the houses after 6:30 but last year starting at 5 for the passholders I had all houses and scare zones plus B&T done by 11 on most nights, never been on a Saturday sense 2006 so I don't know how bad the lines are.

about Nightmaze I meant the costumes, that zone left a lot to be desired, I know it wasn't roaming but I meant I hope the actors look really great in the zones.

I forgot about Path of the Wicked,

One of the best costumes, and scares, I have ever seen was in 2003 near Pizza Predatoria.

Stilt character, costume a vine. Without any props, except the existing columns at the restaurant, I sat and watched this scareactor consistently get people for over an hour. He/she, couldn't tell the gender, would "wrap" hisself or herself around the column. When stationary he/she looked like a climbing vine decoration. It was awesome.

If anything, the quality of the costumes have been getting better since then. Excluding Nightmaze.

So I think we will see great costumes on the roaming hoards.

If anything, the quality of the costumes have been getting better since then. Excluding Nightmaze.

And Canyon... which was the Nightmaze costume with a different mask.

And Luck... which was an off-the-shelf green dress, wig and horrible mask.

And Zombie Gras... which was old Mardi Gras costumes...

I could go on forever! :lol:

• Like 3

One of the worst concepts to ever make it off the HHN designing table. That and Cold, Blind, Terror.

And people suggest that HHN can't give us total bombs. :huh:

lol,

worst house for me is Interstellar Terror, I went in it like, 3 times, and, I usually do houses, (Even the ones i hate, at least 10 times with the FFP), IT, three times, the sets looked cool, but they really needed to add creatures in there, I think if they combined Creatures the house with IT it might have been really cool, IT was really boring for me ,and nothing great, Event Horizon might have been a good movie but, translate into a house, not good,

Bloody Mary house was pretty bad too, I think I did it like twice

I usually Love HHN and Uni, and even if I don't like the house I'll give it a chance, but yeah some of them were not great

I really hope NIghtmaze was an experiment they were trying and never comes back, Ever...

And Canyon... which was the Nightmaze costume with a different mask.

And Luck... which was an off-the-shelf green dress, wig and horrible mask.

And Zombie Gras... which was old Mardi Gras costumes...

I could go on forever! :lol:

well Zombie Gras at least worked, with the theme and it was nice, they at least were colorful,

but you are right about Canyon... and Luck...

oh God..... Even if we get 8 zones, They might ALL suck :o

lol,

worst house for me is Interstellar Terror, I went in it like, 3 times, and, I usually do houses, (Even the ones i hate, at least 10 times with the FFP), IT, three times, the sets looked cool, but they really needed to add creatures in there, I think if they combined Creatures the house with IT it might have been really cool, IT was really boring for me ,and nothing great, Event Horizon might have been a good movie but, translate into a house, not good,

Bloody Mary house was pretty bad too, I think I did it like twice

I usually Love HHN and Uni, and even if I don't like the house I'll give it a chance, but yeah some of them were not great

I really hope NIghtmaze was an experiment they were trying and never comes back, Ever...

well Zombie Gras at least worked, with the theme and it was nice, they at least were colorful,

but you are right about Canyon... and Luck...

oh God..... Even if we get 8 zones, They might ALL suck :o

Lights, Camera, Hack-tion was their standard staff costumes with blood on them.

Apocalypse was a loin cloth.

Acid Assault was the standard distressed street clothes straight out of Mr. Mugatu's "Deralict" Collection

Containment was jumpsuits.

And that's not counting all the zones in the last few years that have just reused old characters and their costumes (20 Years of Fear, Fear Revealed, Horrorwood Die-In, Streets of Blood)

Lights, Camera, Hack-tion was their standard staff costumes with blood on them.

Apocalypse was a loin cloth.

Acid Assault was the standard distressed street clothes straight out of Mr. Mugatu's "Deralict" Collection

Containment was jumpsuits.

And that's not counting all the zones in the last few years that have just reused old characters and their costumes (20 Years of Fear, Fear Revealed, Horrorwood Die-In, Streets of Blood)

I didn't like Lights Camera Hack-tion, really didn't like that one

but Acid Assault was great, the masks sold it off, I really loved that zone,

Containment has to be the second worst Scarezone Ever, if they do that again I will avoid it like my life depends on it......

I don't mind reused old costumes, if they look good, 20 year of Fear and Fear revealed are some of the best scarezones they've done for me at least, the props and the actors, it was just amazing, I loved 2010 scarezones, it was magical,

Well the nurses have very tight form fitting outfits. The were so tight on the actresses in the movie they had to pretty much sew them onto them.

Good thing the breaks are long, cause that looks impossible to go to the bathroom in. lol

We called it the cage (was the room after my park scene).