HHN 22 Speculation

7 Houses and 8 zones would actually be an ideal event in my eyes, at least while there is so much darn construction going on. It's already difficult to get 8 houses done in the night (well a crowded night where your friends decide that you don't REALLY need to be there at (or Before) 6:30).

It would be really killer to get a third show to make up the capacity from the lost house. Any word on shows this year? Obviously Bill and Ted. I thought Death drums was good, but I'm pretty sure those chassis are gone now, have there been any rumors on that?

lol that sounds like bad planning, You have to be there before or At least by 6:30. even in nights that are not peak nights lol,

I usually get there around 5:45, 5:30 sometimes, and yes waiting sucks, but when you get in first at 6:30 all the houses in the back have like zero waiting time, by 7:30 you have probably done half the houses, it can be done

I Remember doing Catacombs by myself and The In between by myself too, when the park opened, there was no line,

Edited by black mask
  • Like 1

lol that sounds like bad planning, You have to be there before or At least by 6:30. even in nights that are not peak nights lol,

I usually get there around 5:45, 5:30 sometimes, and yes waiting sucks, but when you get in first at 6:30 all the houses in the back have like zero waiting time, by 7:30 you have probably done half the houses, it can be done

I Remember doing Catacombs by myself and The In between by myself too, when the park opened, there was no line,

Don't forget that passholders get in the houses early before the park re-opens so 3 houses already have a chunk of people that already done them in the back of the park before the gates open.

• Like 1

Don't forget that passholders get in the houses early before the park re-opens so 3 houses already have a chunk of people that already done them in the back of the park before the gates open.

true, I think if you go wait at least 45 minutes before and try to go to the back of the park seeing all houses is possible,

They usually open the gates around 6-6:15pm... so you can get at least two houses done by 6:30pm (depending on if there is a line, which there shouldnt be). So by the time a huge swarm of people reach the back of the park, you can have at least 4-5 houses done by 6:45-7pm.

Although with no Parade Building & no JAWS queue, its going to be a lot of trial-and-error with house routes this year.

You've got Sprung Tent 1 & 2 in the back, Disaster in the middle and then 4 SS houses up front (two with a lengthy walk).

so its going to be interesting this year...

Original post/thoughts at ParkRumors

Okay, 7 houses and 8 zones. It's possible they've added a couple of zones to make up for the lack of houses, but the question remains if the initials locations/staging areas or are they something else.

CP - Central Park

LP - Lucy Plaza

BY - Boneyard or Barney

LG - Lagoon or Library Gate

SO - ???

Z - Could be Zombies for San Fran/Walking Dead or Zed from Men In Black.

DG - ???

I'm still skeptical that they're traditional scarezone locations/staging areas though. While there is the possibility that we will have traditional zones, the possibilities for LP, LG, and BY ignore the complications the daytime parade may cause. The bigger question regarding them being locations then becomes;

"Why not just use locations?"

This isn't a situation where they've tried to code everything. The house locations are written the same as they always are. The scarezones are completely different, with only one "recognizable" initial set: CP for Central Park. If that DOES stand for Central Park, then it would be only one that didn't change (which is odd to me).

I've been told they were saying, "We're trying some things we've never done before this year," at the auditions, and while that's a pretty standard line every year, the changes to the info sheet imply that they mean it. When rumors of roaming "Hordes" were first bandied about, I knew they wouldn't/couldn't all be the same sort of creature, but that they would all be teams. I'm more inclined to believe that, what we're seeing, is the initials of the teams and not locations, and that we may still be seeing our hordes yet.

Okay, 7 houses and 8 zones. It's possible they've added a couple of zones to make up for the lack of houses, but the question remains if the initials locations/staging areas or are they something else.

CP - Central Park

LP - Lucy Plaza

BY - Boneyard or Barney

SO - ???

DG - ???

I'm still skeptical that they're traditional scarezone locations/staging areas though. While there is the possibility that we will have traditional zones, the possibilities for LP, LG, and BY ignore the complications the daytime parade may cause. The bigger question regarding them being locations then becomes;

This isn't a situation where they've tried to code everything. The house locations are written the same as they always are. The scarezones are completely different, with only one "recognizable" initial set: CP for Central Park. If that DOES stand for Central Park, then it would be only one that didn't change (which is odd to me).

I've been told they were saying, "We're trying some things we've never done before this year," at the auditions, and while that's a pretty standard line every year, the changes to the info sheet imply that they mean it. When rumors of roaming "Hordes" were first bandied about, I knew they wouldn't/couldn't all be the same sort of creature, but that they would all be teams. I'm more inclined to believe that, what we're seeing, is the initials of the teams and not locations, and that we may still be seeing our hordes yet.

well whats the point of teams, when you have z labeled as zombie, i just think there will be a huge group of zombies n thats there group

Alright.... just to throw this whole thing into more chaos...

a friend of mine said this about their audition sheet:

- 8 street locations and 7 house locations were listed on the audition sheet.

- But here is the weird thing, B79 (Parade Building) was listed as a house.

- my sheet had 8 scarezones listed. In two groups of four.

CP - Central Park

LP - Lucy Plaza

BY - Boneyard or Barney

SO - ???

DG - ???

Maybe is a combination of both, 4 stationary SZ and 4 roaming SZ, that would explain why they were listed in two group of four.

I can see 4 of them roaming along the parade route and 4 stationary in the back.

Question: Is there still a chance of a dual run house in those listed locations?

7 locations doesn't necessarily mean 7 houses.

If that's the case we could go up to 8 houses and 8 SZ...and that'd be sweet

Edited by Ely

I've been lurking lately and I've been observing the panic.Thankfully it seems the event was on track all along and people's fears are now at rest. Last year was my first year, so I'm excited to see what this year has to offer.7 houses, 4 stationary scarezones and 4 roaming scarezones would be amazing to me.

I've been lurking lately and I've been observing the panic.Thankfully it seems the event was on track all along and people's fears are now at rest. Last year was my first year, so I'm excited to see what this year has to offer.7 houses, 4 stationary scarezones and 4 roaming scarezones would be amazing to me.

Oh it was Carnage! (do you see what I did there lol?). Nice to see you no longer lurking, you can post now, it's safe, well kinda lol. I was initially disappointed with dropping a house but with the increase in scarezones I don't think I'll notice it so much. Now I'm interested to see what the houses and scarezones actually are because after the surprise Universal have just pulled on us I've got little faith in the supposed leaked house list we've been discussing.

• Like 1

- Costumes are rumored to being made per person. Maybe not for all, but at least some roles. They pushed for people to have proper clothing sizes. Apparently it was said that if you get there & it doesn't fit, YOU WILL BE CUT & they'll find someone who does fit.

They harped on this big time. At the end of the audition, we were asked twice to confirm the sizes that we had written down on paper. Then right before we left, we were told that costumes were supposedly going to be made to order this year. We were also told that we'd have 4 more opportunities to change our numbers (seemed to imply multiple phone confirmations).

so when you guys talk about comcast running this years event, does the same go for hollywood's hhn?

and hollywood got something on their facebook "were gonna tell you something...but we cant...but we want to... but no, we really cant, were soooooo close! hang in there!" makes me wonder where ours is at!

All this (minus the bitching and complaining) sounds awesome!!!

Ok I'm not exactly a noob to HHN (went to 16,19,20 and 21) but what the hell is a "duel run" house. I don't THINK I've seen one before.... of have I?

To answer your question, a dual run house is exactly as it sounds. It has two paths. The best example would be Frightanic from long ago. It can basically give double the attraction as they are typically not symmetric.

On another note, I do like the idea of 4 moving and 4 stationary scare zones. Even though we have limited space this year, it could prove to be beneficial. It would seem that most all of the park would be a scare zone, which is great for those who don't like the dead areas.

• Like 2

They harped on this big time. At the end of the audition, we were asked twice to confirm the sizes that we had written down on paper. Then right before we left, we were told that costumes were supposedly going to be made to order this year. We were also told that we'd have 4 more opportunities to change our numbers (seemed to imply multiple phone confirmations).

Let me try to say this as delicately as I can....seeing as your gender is listed as female under your avitar, and Wesker said that the exact size requirements was for SELECT roles, I'm hoping for some nice, tight, skimpy outfits for the lady scareactors :D

Well, that or super tight outfits that have "zombie skins" on top so they can have detailed, graphic strips of prosthetic flesh hanging off the horde of Zombies I hope to be outside of The Walking Dead.

Either one would make me a very happy (dirty old) man.

• Like 1

Let me try to say this as delicately as I can....seeing as your gender is listed as female under your avitar, and Wesker said that the exact size requirements was for SELECT roles, I'm hoping for some nice, tight, skimpy outfits for the lady scareactors :D

Well, that or super tight outfits that have "zombie skins" on top so they can have detailed, graphic strips of prosthetic flesh hanging off the horde of Zombies I hope to be outside of The Walking Dead.

Either one would make me a very happy (dirty old) man.

This made me laugh a little, no lie, becuase I broke out a rather bold dress from the closet yesterday for the occasion. We shall have to wait and see. Last year, "sexy" meant being a bat with cleavage. lol

• Like 6

Well the nurses have very tight form fitting outfits. The were so tight on the actresses in the movie they had to pretty much sew them onto them.

SH_Movie_Nurses.jpg

If you watch the Path of Darkness (around 6:40 in the below video)

... He talks about putting the dresses on with velcro and zipties

• Like 1

To answer your question, a dual run house is exactly as it sounds. It has two paths. The best example would be Frightanic from long ago. It can basically give double the attraction as they are typically not symmetric.

On another note, I do like the idea of 4 moving and 4 stationary scare zones. Even though we have limited space this year, it could prove to be beneficial. It would seem that most all of the park would be a scare zone, which is great for those who don't like the dead areas.

Im still kinda confused. So you're saying a dual run house is the same house twice? To increase capacity?? If thats the case why would people be glad for this since it may technically be an extra house but an identical house?

Im still kinda confused. So you're saying a dual run house is the same house twice? To increase capacity?? If thats the case why would people be glad for this since it may technically be an extra house but an identical house?

One Sound Stage. Containing one large house structure. Two distinct pathways through it.

So it's one structure, with basically two houses that might share half the walls or whatever. So the line would possibly be twice as long, but also twice as fast.

And that's just my understanding...I've never been through one myself.

basically imagine it this way, you go through a house with all the old time monsters than you go through an identical house with the new age monsters......the house has the same theme but is different

Well the last time 22 had two houses was back in 2001. Pitch Black/Scary Tales (ss22). While not the same as a dual run house it was two houses in SS 22. In fact SS 22 and the Earthquake queue were used regularly for 2 houses prior to the move to IOA.

Here are the lists of dual houses (minus the normal SS that normal have them now).

2001:

Pitch Black/Scary Tales (ss22)

Run/The Mummy Returns (Earthquake)

2000:

Anxiety 3D/Total Chaos (SS 22)

Dark torment/Universal Classic monster Mania (Earthquake)

1999:

Insanity/Psycho: through the mind of Norman Bates (SS22)

The Mummy/Doomsday (Earthquake queue)

1998:

Museum Of Horrors: Chamber of Horrors/Museum of Horrors: Unnatural History (I don't recall if this was a Dual run). (SS22)

S.S. Fritanic: Carnage Crew/S.S. Frightanic: Fear in First Class (Was a dual Run) (Earthquake queue)

Well the last time 22 had two houses was back in 2001. Pitch Black/Scary Tales (ss22). While not the same as a dual run house it was two houses in SS 22. In fact SS 22 and the Earthquake queue were used regularly for 2 houses prior to the move to IOA.

Here are the lists of dual houses (minus the normal SS that normal have them now).

2001:

Pitch Black/Scary Tales (ss22)

Run/The Mummy Returns (Earthquake)

2000:

Anxiety 3D/Total Chaos (SS 22)

Dark torment/Universal Classic monster Mania (Earthquake)

1999:

Insanity/Psycho: through the mind of Norman Bates (SS22)

The Mummy/Doomsday (Earthquake queue)

1998:

Museum Of Horrors: Chamber of Horrors/Museum of Horrors: Unnatural History (I don't recall if this was a Dual run). (SS22)

S.S. Fritanic: Carnage Crew/S.S. Frightanic: Fear in First Class (Was a dual Run) (Earthquake queue)

Interesting...so we might get the chance to see two houses inside SS22 or Earthquake queue and have 8 houses after all...

Thanks for the clarification JWFearman

Can't wait for the final reveal!