HHN 22 Speculation

AD is not running by the "seat of their pants". I know one of the major designers personally, I've talked with him on numerous occasions. They plan contingencies and these type of projects are adaptable. If anything, they are pulling their die hard fans right into their teaser statement "It's never too soon to start panicking". I am reading a lot of worried and panicky posts and its hilarious. They have you all right where they want you. "Kings to you HHN A&D". ;)

I pray you are right here and this is all a big ruse... I'm not buying it though... Seems to me too much writing is on the wall

• Like 1

Even during the initial throws of the recession (2008/2009), when park attendance was down and money was REALLY tight, USF still hosted a solid HHN event with just as many houses, scarezones and scareactors. They employed more scareactors, new scare tactics, bolder sets, new house themes, all of which cost money. The permits issue is a non-issue. USF A&D is constantly figuring out new ways of masking and hiding information (internally and externally) because the fan base is way more devicefull in gathering and deciphering what they are doing than ever before. The demolition of SS44 may be a kink they didn't expect, but there is more than enough property and sq ft of sound stage, tents and streets for them to build the houses and scarezones they want and need to inorder to ensure an HHN event on par with the quantity and quality we have come to know, love and expect.

It will be a great event this year.

To correct the comment about "this is not planned 2-3 years out, they start planning in January"- this is completely wrong. If you have ever gone on a UTH tour, or spent time in 2010's VIP lounge and talked to A&D, you know that they have ideas running about 2-3 years in advance. The hardcore planning for next year's event starts as soon as this year's is over. That doesn't mean to say they don't have monkey wrenches thrown in from time to time-look at 2001, and the last minute changes that had to be done because of 9/11.

• Like 1

To correct the comment about "this is not planned 2-3 years out, they start planning in January"- this is completely wrong. If you have ever gone on a UTH tour, or spent time in 2010's VIP lounge and talked to A&D, you know that they have ideas running about 2-3 years in advance. The hardcore planning for next year's event starts as soon as this year's is over. That doesn't mean to say they don't have monkey wrenches thrown in from time to time-look at 2001, and the last minute changes that had to be done because of 9/11.

Ideas do not equal planning, unfortunately. Obviously they have ideas and dreams running year-round. It's their job. But actually planning the event doesn't, and to an extent can't happen until the year of. They can't really plan the event until it's approved by management, and they don't approve until January. Hell, I've heard that the original idea for this year was eight houses (5 soundstages, Disaster, SS 44, and Poisedon's Fury) across "two" parks. But that idea didn't happen. Four locations that they had dreamed up don't have houses this year. If that was their initial idea and proposal for this year, why are we getting something completely different.

This year alone, we already have instances of an IP being added during the development, an IP being removed during development, the inclusion of at least one celebrity house that said celebrities are tied into the development of, and the demolition of a venue during house construction. You cannot plan 2-3 years out. This year is the perfect explaination about why.

(And this post isn't intended as a personal barb at you, Kim. I like and respect you. I'm just trying to explain the logic.)

Concerns of the number of houses and scarezones is troublesome however another element that seems to be highly lost (at least in speculation of course, we know nothing till all is revealed) is the creatiivity and new ideas. Sure all these trademark (is that the right word for it?) houses like Alice Cooper, Silent Hill and etc sound fun but the thing that has always attracted me to the event (Orlando over Hollywood at least) is the stories and new ideas they have created and has always been a favorite for me. Even if the house looks like something straight out of Silent Hill I want there to be at least a guise of a backstory and a fun name. Only personally like one or two trademark houses/scarezones ... just wanted to put that out there ...

*crossing fingers for more houses and scarezones! Is it bad that I am more concerned about the scarezones? For I feel it really sets the mood throughout the park, I can handle missing a house or two but I def can't get any major cutbacks on the scarezones.

• Like 2

I really feel (and I'm sure that I'm not alone) that Universal is hiding something for this years HHN, that NO ONE knows about.

Not even Universal.

Could'nt resist, I agree with you. They are toying with the fans........its never t00 s00n t0 start panicking.

• Like 1

Even during the initial throws of the recession (2008/2009), when park attendance was down and money was REALLY tight, USF still hosted a solid HHN event with just as many houses, scarezones and scareactors. They employed more scareactors, new scare tactics, bolder sets, new house themes, all of which cost money. The permits issue is a non-issue. USF A&D is constantly figuring out new ways of masking and hiding information (internally and externally) because the fan base is way more devicefull in gathering and deciphering what they are doing than ever before. The demolition of SS44 may be a kink they didn't expect, but there is more than enough property and sq ft of sound stage, tents and streets for them to build the houses and scarezones they want and need to inorder to ensure an HHN event on par with the quantity and quality we have come to know, love and expect.

It will be a great event this year.

No matter what you say, these people will remain on the floor in fetal position for the same redundant stuff we been reading in the past 100 pages. It's still funnt tho when there'a tagline "it's never toi late to start panicking" lol. Oh and we have the "corporate is cutting corners" crowd lol Awesome posts by the way bro.

I dint know how some people get away with spewing so much nonesense. Last i checked hhn has been closing later then in past years, plus they have added different frequent fear passes that acomodate everybody, and ohh here's the kicker, they have remained in the same price range. Go figure smh.

AD is not running by the "seat of their pants". I know one of the major designers personally, I've talked with him on numerous occasions. They plan contingencies and these type of projects are adaptable. If anything, they are pulling their die hard fans right into their teaser statement "It's never too soon to start panicking". I am reading a lot of worried and panicky posts and its hilarious. They have you all right where they want you. "Kings to you HHN A&D". ;)

So basically what's left is hoping that all of this is just a big ruse by A & D.

Yeah I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. At first I didn't want to believe the info that one coming out, but when I considered it dispassionately I realized there was no reason to doubt the insiders that have had good intel in the past.

It would be nice that you're right but it's nothing more than a hope.

• Like 2

No matter what you say, these people will remain on the floor in fetal position for the same redundant stuff we been reading in the past 100 pages. It's still funnt tho when there'a tagline "it's never toi late to start panicking" lol. Oh and we have the "corporate is cutting corners" crowd lol Awesome posts by the way bro.

I dint know how some people get away with spewing so much nonesense. Last i checked hhn has been closing later then in past years, plus they have added different frequent fear passes that acomodate everybody, and ohh here's the kicker, they have remained in the same price range. Go figure smh.

Wow for someone who has a grand total of 16 active posts on this forum you sure seem to think you know better than everyone else. Seeing as you are so good at reading others posts you may want to reread the ones by owner Mz and other experienced posters telling people to respect others on here even if you don't agree with them. Everyone has an opinion which they are allowed to express because last time I checked we still had something called free speech. We're all here because we love the same event so if you see a post you don't like just ignore it, much more productive than trying to put people down don't you think?

• Like 3

Bizarre, surprising stuff.

I'm being told 8 houses, 7 zones.

Houses listed as Disaster, Soundstages and "DG"

Scarezones listed as:

CP

LP

BY

LG

SO

Zones

(I was told "Zones" was in fact listed as a zone.)

I'll post thoughts later.

• Like 2

Bizarre, surprising stuff.

I'm being told 8 houses, 7 zones.

Houses listed as Disaster, Soundstages and "DG"

Scarezones listed as:

CP

LP

BY

LG

SO

Zones

(I was told "Zones" was in fact listed as a zone.)

I'll post thoughts later.

Well this is pretty great news. I guess we might see some dual-run houses this year if the 8 house rumor is true.