HHN 22 Speculation

A couple things I want to say.

1.Everyone's voice should be heard, either positive, negative, good or bad. We should all respect each others opinions, but let's keep it without offending one another.

2. We understand the love for this event and some of us treat it like another family member, but please breathe in, and breath out. Relax a little bit, let's just hang in there and wait to see what Universal has to offer us. Last year we had to close speculation discussion a couple times, we don't want to do that this year.

Universal over all is trying to make the theme park experience better for everyone, not just the HHN crowd. They have a lot on the plate, thus the reason why all the issues are coming up regarding HHN. Even if we do have 6-7 houses, sure it's not 8 and were used to that.. but these could be the best 6-7 houses we've seen, we just can't judge that by what we have right now.

Yes, that exactly! I have not been on here in months, but I have been hearing about the speculation and negative feedback, and it makes me kind of sad.

Universal is doing a LOT in the studios, and what you all need to realize is, HHN takes up only 6 weeks of the year, and does not appeal to everyone. They have to think about the most bang for their buck, what will bring in the crowds on a daily basis for years to come, not just what the HHN fans want in the fall.

I mean, really, what business would think this: "Oh, we can't tear down that building that's been empty for 13 years and put in a new attraction because it might disrupt our HHN business. Nope, gotta leave that waste of space there, can't piss off the fans." Yeah, not gonna happen. If we have 6 houses, we have 6 houses, and we'll go back to 8 as soon as we can. There are lots of areas for scarezones, and New York and Hollywood could easily be used with roaming scareactors and no set pieces. Sting Alley is still usable, and you know what, it is so amazing in there that you need no sets, because there are tons of hiding places.

So yes, everyone, take a chill pill. We will still all go to the event, we'll all have a great time, no matter what is done. They can't always top every year.

• Like 5

Yes, that exactly! I have not been on here in months, but I have been hearing about the speculation and negative feedback, and it makes me kind of sad.

Universal is doing a LOT in the studios, and what you all need to realize is, HHN takes up only 6 weeks of the year, and does not appeal to everyone. They have to think about the most bang for their buck, what will bring in the crowds on a daily basis for years to come, not just what the HHN fans want in the fall.

I mean, really, what business would think this: "Oh, we can't tear down that building that's been empty for 13 years and put in a new attraction because it might disrupt our HHN business. Nope, gotta leave that waste of space there, can't piss off the fans." Yeah, not gonna happen. If we have 6 houses, we have 6 houses, and we'll go back to 8 as soon as we can. There are lots of areas for scarezones, and New York and Hollywood could easily be used with roaming scareactors and no set pieces. Sting Alley is still usable, and you know what, it is so amazing in there that you need no sets, because there are tons of hiding places.

So yes, everyone, take a chill pill. We will still all go to the event, we'll all have a great time, no matter what is done. They can't always top every year.

Just so long as they give us the best with what they got then it is all good.

Edited by mastermind22

(over looking the pages of back and fourth)

So.... I'm thinking streets is still on track to Sting Alley, Central Park and maybe Hollywood. Though I'm unsure about the last one. Due the parade is rather large. Props normally don't block the sidewalks. The games in front of where Bill and Ted. I'm sure will be moved to their future home. I wonder if "amity" area will be more of entrance for Bill and Ted and then exit into MIB land. What do you think?

I watched The Walking Dead marathon this past weekend but didn't pay too much attention to the commercials. I didn't see anything that mentioned HHN. Does anybody know how Universal will make the official announcement of TWD house?

Legacy and I discussed this morning If we get any information on TWD being at Uni for HHN it will be this weekend at Comic-con.

Edited by darkdelusions
  • Like 1

Legacy and I discussed this morning If we get any information on TWD being at Uni for HHN it will be this weekend at Comic-con.

That's a really good point that I didn't even think of. Issue 100 is due out by the end of the month, and Kirkman has hyped the fans up even more by stating that Daryl will be introduced into the comic book universe within that issue. I really hope they decide to hit all their bases and at least talk about the house a little.

• Like 1

Well to clarify its blocked up to the side walk but that is a very small passage in comparison.

to illustrate what Jeramy is talking about, I made sure to get a pic while at the park yesterday.

s1b1j.jpg

At the bottom of this pic you can see some of the road looks to be torn up...

bhJSl.jpg

• Like 1

i talked to my buddy today and he told me that he is still very out of the loop on whats going on but he did say there is going to be 2 3D houses this year, he didnt know which ones, but due to all the love the one got last year they are going to have 2 this year....for me thats finally some good news we can all like

• Like 1

Is it possible one of the 3d houses could be Silent hill?? After all, the movie coming out is Silent Hill: Revlation 3D!

You know, just like Legacy said, it's not confirmed. But great speculation on that! I completely forgot the movie is in 3D.

People that have an emotional attachement to a protuct or service are the reason why cash-ins work. You see it all the time in the movies. George Lucas got millions of fans coming back for more after they witnessed Episode I, one of the worst movies ever, and even got most of them pretenting that Episode I wasn't a big steaming pile for months and YEARS after it was released.

Fact is, all signs point to Universal under new management tightening budgets and cutting corners when it comes to hhn. They'res been rumors on other forums of Universal consolidating Hollywood and Orlando hhn operations, basically making them identical. That's why the web designer that usually does the work for Orlando wasn't rehired. They'res going to be one website and one set of houses and scarezones, identical on both coast. It's a money saver.

Next you have 6 houses and 1 scarezone. Sure, they're going to demolish SS44, so what can you do? Moving past the fact that this is an incredible screwup by the team that runs hhn, since it wasn't exactly a secret the building was going to be demolished, what happened to the other house? Why only 7 as the original baseline. Is it because they're getting rid of the Jaws queue? Is it really a set of unforseen circumstances that leaves us with 6 houses or is it just misdirection for another cost cutting move?

But 6 houses might be fine, if they were all good, you say. But ultimately it's not fine. Not at all. With the number of houses and scarezones they're planning on, average wait times to get into houses will skyrocket. What was the average wait time on the weekends last year? 40 minutes? I went on a Sunday and it was elbow to elbow and the wait for each house was about that long. Well, with 6 houses and 1 scarezone, you can add 30 minutes to that. 30 extra minutes soaking up the 1000% humidity at that time of year. And with that kind of a log jam, what are your chances of even going through the reduced number of houses once before the park closes (and closes before it needs to, so they can make this a multi night event and grab even more money out of your pockets.)

Feh.

• Like 1

Do you think if the event this year will be similar to HHN Hollywood, then we may see some of the great detail in props and costumes like there is in Hollywood, not saying Orlando's is bad. A maybe more chainsaws? Lol

I'm not sure what you're saying.

hhn Orlando is the big money event, not hhn Hollywood, as far as I know.

Orlando has the great set and prop details from what I've heard, I read a thread a while ago from a guy that usually goes to Hollywood but stopped by Orlando last year and was talking about how much better and more detailed the productionat Orlando's hhn was.

I'm just saying...I'm excited for the Alice Cooper house...But I hope it's completely different from Hollywoods!!...I mean Im pretty sure Orlando will make it their own version of the house..because if Orlando decided to just remake the Hollywood house that would be stupid since there's videos of the Hollywood house already from last year..

I'm just saying...I'm excited for the Alice Cooper house...But I hope it's completely different from Hollywoods!!...I mean Im pretty sure Orlando will make it their own version of the house..because if Orlando decided to just remake the Hollywood house that would be stupid since there's videos of the Hollywood house already from last year..

I agree 100%. Perhaps it would have new songs with new ideas or old songs with new ideas. I would love it if they incorporated the song "Feed my Frankenstien" and I may be wrong, but I don't think they had a scene for "I'll bite your face off" (a scene with the song and idea based on it that is) but I may be wrong. But right now, that is the house I am pumped up for because I Alice cooper is like an idol to me.

The Alice Cooper house was supposedly really good. I doubt they'll change it much, since few people on this coast went to the one in Hollywood. But who knows.

All's I know is 6 houses ain't going to work. I don't care what worked 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. The crowds get more packed in every year. They need more houses not fewer and there's going to be a lot of angry customers, casual and hardcore fans alike.

All's I know is 6 houses ain't going to work. I don't care what worked 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. The crowds get more packed in every year. They need more houses not fewer and there's going to be a lot of angry customers, casual and hardcore fans alike.

Even though I'm still waiting for the event pior to passing any judgement I have to agree. There's only so much corners to cut without causing complaints.

SAME :D I'm very excited for this house...And Im hoping it's different from Hollywoods...Because The Thing Orlando was different from the Hollywood one...

I agree 100%. Perhaps it would have new songs with new ideas or old songs with new ideas. I would love it if they incorporated the song "Feed my Frankenstien" and I may be wrong, but I don't think they had a scene for "I'll bite your face off" (a scene with the song and idea based on it that is) but I may be wrong. But right now, that is the house I am pumped up for because I Alice cooper is like an idol to me.