HHN 22 Speculation

Now to move on from that, my brother came up with a good idea, what if P&T is the culprit of bringing us an icon? What if P&T are putting on a show and as a joke they say a spell and that causes them to unleash a demon of some sort... I know we have heard nothing to make me think this is a possibility but I would be 100% fine if this is what would happen!

I think if there is a icon, it would be one P&T designed, rather then A&D. Maybe they could have P&T as the icons, but insted we see a demon side of them like we did with Lady Luck last year.

I think if there is a icon, it would be one P&T designed, rather then A&D. Maybe they could have P&T as the icons, but insted we see a demon side of them like we did with Lady Luck last year.

You mean something like this?

326172.jpg

P.S. Black Mask your sad kitty makes me cry.

• Like 2

As many here on the forums hope, I too wish that we still have 8 houses and 6 scarezones. But if the speculated 6 house and 1 scarezone plan is true, I will probably enjoy them just as I have with any other year when there were more houses and scarezones. Only after the event is over shall I release my full opinion on the event, whether it be positive or negative.

What with the talk of Penn & Teller as icons, I really dont know enough or seen enough of them to make a full view on how I would feel about them being apart of HHN. My only deal I honestly have with any icon is:

1. Having a strong storyline that ties into the event and its houses

2. Featured in more than one little scarezone (preferably a house too!)

3. BE SCARY!!!

Until I actually walk into USF, I remain confident that Universal will do the best they can with whatever resources they have to bring us a HHN that we will all enjoy. One way or another! :)

-MM

You mean something like this?

326172.jpg

Now that could work. Maybe. I might sound weird...But i want Penn and Teller as icons, ether them or Alice Cooper. Hell, i would not mind if HHN does like hollywood does with posters of each character. One for Penn and Teller, one for Alice Cooper, and probally one for Rick Grimes.

Maybe they decided to not do the Dead Exposure style house after reading these forums...

From my understanding, the decision on Photograph was made before it was deciphered.

They won't change because of complaints about a rumor. While they care about our thoughts after we attend, they can't trust our opinions in July.

ok a couple things

P&T as an icon could work, they're magicians, they cut people up, they stab people, they fill rooms with bees...sorry but all that stuff is scary,

1 scare zone...what if the whole back of the park is the scarezone, also only 1 sz puts more of a chance of a HHN style parade

also as this year may be looked at in future years as "bad" lets remeber just how much construction is going on and how many changes ALL of USF is going through, not just HHN

as im with most people, im not excited about HHN as i used to be, but lets be real HHN is what you make it, good friends having a good time with some good scares is why we all really go,.....and of course the 10$ splash of alcohol drinks lol

so lets be real, yes a lot of us are not happy with the leaks that are coming out but 95% of us will still be there mulitiple nights and 75% of us will enjoy it like we did all the others

I mean that's on you if you want an event almost similar to HHN 21 and HHN 20 for the next 10 years, but speaking for myself solely that's the farthest thing from what I want.

I get it, having six great houses is better than 8 that aren't as great, all I'm saying is to offer a certain amount then draw back and still have to pay that pretty penny isnt amazing in my eyes, so it's a complaint...rah rah rah life goes on lol will I still go yes, will I probably bitch about it til I get to the gate hell yeah lol but I know once the event is happening I'll be fine and happy but the anticipation is killing all of us is it not?

From my understanding, the decision on Photograph was made before it was deciphered.

They won't change because of complaints about a rumor. While they care about our thoughts after we attend, they can't trust our opinions in July.

Ok thanks. I was told on a different forum that they would change things if people complained enough. I didn't think that was the case so i figured I'd throw it out there. Glad to know the truth.

Ok thanks. I was told on a different forum that they would change things if people complained enough. I didn't think that was the case so i figured I'd throw it out there. Glad to know the truth.

Whoever said that thinks highly of themselves.

Considering all changes have to go through management approval, honestly believing the complaints of a fan community (the number of active posters totaling maybe three hundred at a generous estimate) prior to an event occurring is ridiculous. Especially two months before rehearsals.

• Like 1

Preferably the whole park!! Seriously though, probably in front one house I'm thinking and my hunch is that it will be TWD house.

ok a couple things

P&T as an icon could work, they're magicians, they cut people up, they stab people, they fill rooms with bees...sorry but all that stuff is scary,

1 scare zone...what if the whole back of the park is the scarezone, also only 1 sz puts more of a chance of a HHN style parade

also as this year may be looked at in future years as "bad" lets remeber just how much construction is going on and how many changes ALL of USF is going through, not just HHN

as im with most people, im not excited about HHN as i used to be, but lets be real HHN is what you make it, good friends having a good time with some good scares is why we all really go,.....and of course the 10$ splash of alcohol drinks lol

so lets be real, yes a lot of us are not happy with the leaks that are coming out but 95% of us will still be there mulitiple nights and 75% of us will enjoy it like we did all the others

that's what I mean, if the One scarezone is the size of 2 3 regular scarezones, that would be amazing, really amazing actually,

I am not really worried about the houses, (besides the number or lack of houses) but I am worried about the zones, that's what I'm really worried about,

I know the houses will be good, I know they will pull really cool houses,

as for the zones, what I am afraid is that the one zone we get will be the size of 7 of something.. that I hope we don't get.

Whoever said that thinks highly of themselves.

Considering all changes have to go through management approval, honestly believing the complaints of a fan community (the number of active posters totaling maybe three hundred at a generous estimate) prior to an event occurring is ridiculous. Especially two months before rehearsals.

well they Do change things according to the feedback they get, and reviews, and this forum sometimes, But all that happens After the event starts, Right now they are probably focusing on making everything, once they opened I've noticed they start to ask for feedback in the park and look at reviews, and things do change

last year someone complain that the actors did not let them take pictures in the zones and since people got mad, Didn't the actors get told to allow pics? i remember reading that here

Edited by black mask

It's interesting to read through this thread and see the opinions about this year's event, but a lot of it seems to be from locals. And I've been trying to keep quiet, and waiting to reserve my judgement until official word starts coming out. But as someone who lives a few states over, I think there's a different viewpoint and an added layer of complexity that isn't really being discussed here. Deciding to go or not go is not a simple decision for people like me. We have to plan out our trip many months in advance. As pointed out by a fellow long-distance traveller above, even just a trip down to Uni and HHN for a few days can very quickly and easily reach a few thousand dollars. So the viewpoint of, even if this year sucks, enjoy what you do get and next year will be better, is completely inexcusable and a little insulting to someone like me.

That would be like paying 3 thousand dollars for a trip to Chicago, but before you get there you find out that Wrigley Field is going to closed for construction, and the top 30 floors of the Sears Tower will be shut down for remodeling, so you won't get to see that awesome view that everyone raves about. Oh, and because of a parade, all those awesome little shops and exhibits that you love to stand around in and take in the flavor of the city are going to be closed, replaced instead by a couple guys walking around with a cart of hot dogs and pizza. But hey, even though this trip will suck, the next time you spend 3+ grand and come back, it'll all be back up and running, so just enjoy what you get this time.

I was extremely excited for this year, after spending my honeymoon there in 2010. Even though I couldn't get the funds together to make the trip last year, I still followed the event closely, to the point that I am completely versed in the houses and SZ's from last year without ever having stepped foot in the state, let alone Orlando. So when things aligned earlier this year, you can't believe how pumped I got to for a sophomore visit. But all the speculation with seemingly verifiable evidence that's been coming out from this year has just been chipping away at that excitement. Prices, in general, have gone up. We're down at least one house, maybe even two. And of the remaining houses, one seems to just be a best-of from a tv show; and a second features a Vegas act, that while may have darker elements to their show at times, by no means would I consider horror or synonymous with HHN. The Scare zones might be brought down to one with some other people wandering around. There may be no amazing set pieces, but we'll get smoke machines and mood lighting instead. And there will still be a large crowd of people to clog up what is there.

I was blown away by 2010, and what Universal can offer is what made me want to come back. It's a chance to go to a single event that features 8 haunted houses and six scare zones married with the best rides a theme park can offer. They play spooky music throughout the park, and build an atmosphere that I simply can't get anywhere else. But this year is starting to sound less and less like HHN and more and more like Six Flags' Fright Fest. I am REALLY trying to stay excited about this year's event, especially since this is probably the last year I'll be able to go for at least a few years. But I've found myself starting to justify this trip and the massive cash price by looking at what I can do during the day at the parks, and by going to Disney for the first time, instead of what HHN will offer.

As I wrote in the beginning, I am doing my best to reserve judgement until at least something official comes out. And I really want this year to be amazing and successful. This isn't something that I get to do very often, and I'm putting up a significant amount of money to do it. But I've been starting to wonder if I shouldn't just cancel my reservations and get back as much money as I can from what I've already put into this trip, and say screw it for this year. The attitude of 'you get good and bad years, so just suck it up' isn't acceptable to someone in my situation. When Universal demands a premium price for their event, and has the capacity and funds to make the event amazing, I expect nothing less than their best effort every year. Not their best attempt, given the circumstances. There is no justification for an 'off year' when they charge more for it and have the capability of doing whatever they want on whatever scale they want. Not with what they expect me to pay to fly down there and stay a few days.

Sorry for the really long rant everyone, and thanks for bearing with me. Just thought I'd throw in the opinions of an out-of-towner to give a bit of a different perspective to all of this discussion.

You hit this so beautifully right on the head. This is exactly how I am thinking about the event this year as I read various boards and I cannot agree more.

"It's a chance to go to a single event that features 8 haunted houses and six scare zones married with the best rides a theme park can offer. They play spooky music throughout the park, and build an atmosphere that I simply can't get anywhere else."

100% quoted again for the truth. I am not only a roller coaster enthusiast but a haunt enthusiast as well. I come from NY to experience the event because like you said, the atmosphere alone just cannot be duplicated anywhere else, forget about the incredible attention to detail and immersion. That is why the rumors of just one elaborate scarezone is seriously starting to worry me. I'm afraid that the atmosphere may not be there. It's also started to bother me as well that many have said that "year so and so only had x number of scarezones and x number of houses, be happy you get what you get" because of the cost of a trip to HHN. I'm allowed to be skeptical and start to worry. Universal is charging by far top dollar, so I expect their best efforts. "Some years aren't as good as others" isn't acceptable in this case. This is not Fright Fest or Halloween Haunt at a regional Cedar Fair park. This is an $89 ticket event put on by Universal Studios. I'm sorry but the notion that "next year will be better" just isn't a fair thing to say, and I agree 100% with boogeyman when I say that it is insulting to one who spends easily a grand to attend.

Now, I of course will not judge the event until the reveal because doing so beforehand is not fair and would be way too premature. I still trust Universal and the creative team because they've already blown me away enough times in the past two years of attending to show me what they can do. They're incredibly talented individuals who love creating the event as much as we all love attending and hopefully the higher ups don't interfere too much.

• Like 5

I don't think I have ever seen and heard this much negative speculation towards HHN and this years event in my entire 15 years of attending Halloween Horror Nights. I can't wait until the event starts and proves all those wrong... ;)

Don't you get it? We want to be proved wrong that's what everyone is saying lol. This is not really about who's right and wrong it's about a community concerned about the unprecedented amount of negative rumours circulating this year. That's probably why there is so much negatively around. I just hope the saying "There's no smoke without fire" is wrong this time.

As for all our comments not having any effect on HHN I don't believe that at all. Sorry Legacy we'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I've heard a member of A&D say in the past that certain details were changed before the event started and during because of negative feedback from people. I've always believed a few can make a difference and I'm not giving up on that principle now.

• Like 4

Don't you get it? We want to be proved wrong that's what everyone is saying lol. This is not really about who's right and wrong it's about a community concerned about the unprecedented amount of negative rumours circulating this year. That's probably why there is so much negatively around. I just hope the saying "There's no smoke without fire" is wrong this time.

As for all our comments not having any effect on HHN I don't believe that at all. Sorry Legacy we'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I've heard a member of A&D say in the past that certain details were changed before the event started and during because of negative feedback from people. I've always believed a few can make a difference and I'm not giving up on that principle now.

My exact point... :D

I'm not a big poster, but wanted to chime in with all this negativity surrounding this year..

I, like many, only get to visit HHN once a year if that. have squeezed in 8 trips since 2001. With that said, people are focusing too much on the number of houses and scarezones. I'm expecting the most detailed set design and longest houses ever this year. These houses will eat up a large number of people with a bigger capacity. Although the Sprung tents may be limited on doing this, I don't see why making the houses longer would be an issue as the loss of house (s) + scarezones from previous years will free up a lot of the budget spent on employees, sets, etc.

Why does this plan make sense? Since Comcast has taken over management of the parks, we've seen a crazy amount of new construction and revenue being put into the parks. I don't see them neglecting HHN just because they have invested in other areas. So bottom line- that budget goes somewhere; which I believe should lead to some awesome set designs for the houses this year.

• Like 1

I don't think I have ever seen and heard this much negative speculation towards HHN and this years event in my entire 15 years of attending Halloween Horror Nights. I can't wait until the event starts and proves all those wrong... ;)

I just can't even begin to fathom all of the hate on this year AND IT'S JULY. JU-LY.

Also, my sources told me that the icon is going to be the deer head and laughing lamp from Evil Dead II.

see I don't really think is hate, I think people are confusing hate, with Fear (Pun intended ;) )

A lot of people are afraid for what this year will bring, yes there is a lot of "whining" and criticizing, but we don't know whats going to happen, so all we can do is speculate and be afraid for a bad year, it sounds like hate but technically there isn't anything to hate since this is all rumors.

I think people are just afraid due to the rumors, and the construction, there is no doubt there is a lot of change, a lot of uncertainty, not knowing what to expect of the event is freaking people out, at least in the past we had an idea, even if they added houses or changed things,

i mean Yes We Are Getting the Same HHN as always, I know that sounds dumb, but really I Think everyone is just afraid so much change is going to affect the event.

Edited by black mask
  • Like 1

I honestly do not understand what's going on... It's Universal's 100th anniversary.. You would think that this year would be amazing!!! Every Universal movie I see in the theater every Bluray I buy bares the Universal 100th emblem.. For god sakes they are coming out with a classic monster 100th anniversary boxset in october.. You would think they would put that 100th anniversary flavor to the event because horror is a huge part of Universal! The horror movies from the 30's saved the studio from bankruptcy.. Now im not saying make it a movie year. Im just saying that this year needs to be spacial and stick out. 7 houses im cool with that.. But 6 is not cool. I really do hope they surprise us with something.

• Like 2

I honestly do not understand what's going on... It's Universal's 100th anniversary.. You would think that this year would be amazing!!! Every Universal movie I see in the theater every Bluray I buy bares the Universal 100th emblem.. For god sakes they are coming out with a classic monster 100th anniversary boxset in october.. You would think they would put that 100th anniversary flavor to the event because horror is a huge part of Universal! The horror movies from the 30's saved the studio from bankruptcy.. Now im not saying make it a movie year. Im just saying that this year needs to be spacial and stick out. 7 houses im cool with that.. But 6 is not cool. I really do hope they surprise us with something.

you make a good point actually, I completely forgot about the 100th anniversary, i mean, I know there were talks about the monster house, but I forgot,

doesn't sound like an epic year like 2010 was. I mean, Im sure it will be fine, and who knows maybe the scarezone Is based on the monsters, maybe, that would be cool,

• Like 2