HHN 22 Speculation

I think it's possible that the Thing could return this year. I've heard rumblings that it's possible so I connected it with one of the cryptic statements.

"19th century"

The codename for Hollywood's Thing house was "GV Black". He was a dentist from the 19th century who invented silver fillings. One of the victims in the Thing prequel had silver fillings.

Thought I would throw that out there.

I've already acknowledged that others have correctly deciphered the statements I made.

• Like 1

Okay, despite the fact that these were initially posted on HHNRumors, I feel it's vital to share to the community as a whole. These are the first blatant statements about what MOST of the people with sources have been hearing about this year. I hope the mods recognize why I'm posting it in this manner. While it still could be false, it matches up with all the whispers. Throw in the fact that, from my understanding, the tone is very similar to our "Mutual Friend" from last year, this bears keeping in mind.

Post 1

I am sure this should come as no surprise, but there will not be an "Icon" this year either. Also, I was pretty much guaranteed only one scarezone this year. End of an era, indeed/

Post 2

Wesker, I was confirming what you wrote about the one scarezone.

There will not be an Icon this year. P&T will be the main focus.

• Like 1

One scarezone is very... interesting. Makes the Street of the Year competition easier, I guess. : P

It'd be really nice if it had some special quality to it. Kinda' disapointing to think that we could end up with just a roaming chainsaw drill team for our one zone.

I believe what was indicated was one "set" scarezone. Think about where the parade does not go and a house that a zone would readily tie in with. But something along the lines of a much expanded CDT that would include all manner of scareactors throughout the entire park is also strongly indicated.

• Like 3

It is probably just my hopes and dreams getting me all excited, but perhaps this "one scarezone" could mean the whole park will be one big scarezone.

or like the whole back of the park, i think thats a great idea and there has to be a possibility of that, I HOPE .

I'm usually a very positive person but this one scarezone thing really aggravates me. There has to me more like a chainsaw drill team and roaming zombies or something. The reason I love this event is to feel immersed in the event. I love looking out over the park and seeing fog rising over NY and the different lighting and screams coming from SF. I really hope you are wrong for a change and this isn't true.

I'm usually a very positive person but this one scarezone thing really aggravates me. There has to me more like a chainsaw drill team and roaming zombies or something. The reason I love this event is to feel immersed in the event. I love looking out over the park and seeing fog rising over NY and the different lighting and screams coming from SF. I really hope you are wrong for a change and this isn't true.

They may theme the facades of the surrounding attractions for Halloween. Those plush Despicable Me Halloween Minions last year were pretty adorable. I could definitely see Universal playing that up this year with the opening of their new ride. Seperately, the great thing about fog and projections is that they become completely invisible during the day. They may not fill them with scar-actors, but Universal will make the streets feel spooky nonetheless.

• Like 1

Not to be Debbie downer but this is the most negativity I've ver seen about an hhn, I feel like at this point they need to blow our minds in order for this to be a decent event, I hope everything is wrong about the event or else my favorite event in the world is ruined lol, but in all seriousness there's a lot of negativity and it's getting me very nervous

• Like 2

Not to be Debbie downer but this is the most negativity I've ver seen about an hhn, I feel like at this point they need to blow our minds in order for this to be a decent event, I hope everything is wrong about the event or else my favorite event in the world is ruined lol, but in all seriousness there's a lot of negativity and it's getting me very nervous

What he said lol

• Like 2

I understand what everyone is saying about the negativity but I can't bring myself to believe that Universal would drop the ball on a large event like HHN. Have we considered that there may be a lack of scarezones because they have spent the money on a much larger surprise for us? Especially if these P&T rumors are true...

I understand what everyone is saying about the negativity but I can't bring myself to believe that Universal would drop the ball on a large event like HHN. Have we considered that there may be a lack of scarezones because they have spent the money on a much larger surprise for us? Especially if these P&T rumors are true...

This is not the Universal that you know and loved in the past. This is the new Universal owned by Comcast, which is what's worrying people. The rules have changed. Just bare that in mind. When they said a new era of darkness I bet nobody thought they meant this.

• Like 2

if thats the reason they wont have scarezones because they want and spent all the money on penn and teller i will stop going to this event. thats ridulous and whoever made that stupid decision should be fired. if they wasted good money for good scarezones on two old washed up magicians who suck then i have lost all faith in this event.

• Like 3

This is not the Universal that you know and loved in the past. This is the new Universal owned by Comcast, which is what's worrying people. The rules have changed. Just bare that in mind. When they said a new era of darkness I bet nobody thought they meant this.

Agreed that this is not what was expected, they knew how to create hype with the new era. By rules are you referring to business related rules or visionary event related rules?

One scare zone definitely worries me. We've been down that road once before and it wasn't pretty. I have a hard time believing they'd try that again. Maybe it's one zone that's stays up, and the rest will be movable props? Who knows. HHN is a huge event, they market it as being big, new, and original. People rave over the scare zones. Just doesn't make sense for them to drop the ball like that.

I will +1 what Legacy said and concede it was what I was getting at in earlier posts.

Back in the day there where no icons or many scare zones yet the events where awesome. Just relax people, it's not the end of the woeld. Hail Penn and Teller!!! :-)

Keep in mind that the event was smaller. More people Plus IPs with huge draws to the general public, all the while construction and less houses will make for a very busy event.

One scare zone definitely worries me. We've been down that road once before and it wasn't pretty. I have a hard time believing they'd try that again. Maybe it's one zone that's stays up, and the rest will be movable props? Who knows. HHN is a huge event, they market it as being big, new, and original. People rave over the scare zones. Just doesn't make sense for them to drop the ball like that.

It isn't a matter of trying to... but having to. The parade they just dumped a ton of money into wont be stopped. This seriously cuts into SZ prop placement. But you could still have localized scare zones with just less props. Like I mentioned earlier with a Silent Hill scare zone. You have monsters, fog, and the setting of New York... Then maybe a few out of the way placed props. I'm hoping "roaming" means less "traversing the park" and more "able to pick up and move quickly".

• Like 2

Agreed that this is not what was expected, they knew how to create hype with the new era. By rules are you referring to business related rules or visionary event related rules?

Both to be honest. Comcast will have their own business practices which will not be the same as the previous owners. They will have their own way of doing things which might not be to everyones liking. Budgets, priorities and opinions will all change. Their vision of what horror night should be can change. From all the rumours I'm hearing I think we are seeing the evidence of just that.

if thats the reason they wont have scarezones because they want and spent all the money on penn and teller i will stop going to this event. thats ridulous and whoever made that stupid decision should be fired. if they wasted good money for good scarezones on two old washed up magicians who suck then i have lost all faith in this event.

I'm not sure if I quite agree with you, they are trying something new which is good to see, time will tell if the energy (and possibly money) was wasted. I'm interested to see how it will work if this is true and if it does not work they will know and hear about it and probably never try it again. Just stay optimistic, the event is always a blast!

Both to be honest. Comcast will have their own business practices which will not be the same as the previous owners. They will have their own way of doing things which might not be to everyones liking. Budgets, priorities and opinions will all change. Their vision of what horror night should be can change. From all the rumours I'm hearing I think we are seeing the evidence of just that.

The budgets I understand and it is something that we will have to deal with, but I'm not quite seeing the vision yet...maybe a strictly haunted house event, they will slowly take away the scarezones?

Edited by phinfan91
  • Like 1

yes but taking away scarezones takes away from the event, scarezones are just as important as houses... everybody knows that... every normal haunted event has houses, and hhn always equals the houses with the number of scarezones which makes it pop. removing scarezones makes it just like everyone else which is not why i go every year. i go cuz its the nations biggest haunted attraction.

• Like 1

Wow, I don't check the forums for 2 days and this is what I come back to? I guess I will start from the top. One scarezone is interesting. I'm expecting the roaming sz's to focus on Walking Dead considering the zombies that move around are called roamers on the show and in the comics. It makes sense and has been right there for us to put 2 and 2 together the whole time. I feel if done correctly with a ton of scareactors it could be cool. 6 houses hurts but could really improve the event minus the lines/crowds. Needless to say express will be a valued commodity this year, oh and don't think for a second they don't know that. I fear the prices for express may be on the extreme side. I think 6 houses could be positive because more money can be spent elsewhere and it appears it won't be on scarezone sets. Hopefully it's used for hiring more scareactors for the roaming sz's and somehow making better houses. Of course it worries me that they seem to have purchased the rights to 3 different IP's. I hope we don't get the 3 IP's at the cost of overall quality of the event. I'm trying to be positive here as you can tell since I know first hand that Comcast loves to cut budgets. I had to deal with several of them in my time as an employee there.

As for P&T being the focus of the event. I'm going to try to be positive, I can say we've complained about Fear and Lady Luck, the last 2 icons so they decided to go in a different direction. They decided to do an event just presented by P&T instead of giving us an icon to complain about. Of course that opens up a whole new can of worms. Different direction, same complaints. Not sure why on earth they would decide to go with P&T but it appears they did. In a way I feel that they feel like they're giving us what we wanted, it sure is different at least. It's not what we wanted obviously considering what I'm reading in everyone's complaints. We wanted a good iconic icon, someone to strike fear in our hearts. Not 2 comics who are sometimes edgy. This is coming from someone who loves their show on Showtime and enjoy their magic. The most edgy thing I have ever seen from them is the knife through the hand card trick or the bullet catch in the teeth. Yeah most of us like the comedy houses but we don't want our entire event based on comics. If they had to go with comics I'd much rather see Joe Rogan host the event. At least he'd have the help of magic mushrooms and bloody UFC fights to help him design a house. Who's next Carrot Top? Ok, ok so I'm getting away from my positive view but I think you guys and gals get what I'm trying to say. I don't like our horror event being hosted by comedians but I'm going to give it a shot anyway because I'm a sucker for HHN and spending the event with my friends.

I plead with everyone if we get the event that is rumored let them know. They always have the exit polls. Don't hold back, tell them how you feel but please at least give it a chance before tearing it apart.

I can see that. I think they have been phasing out scare zones since 2005. All houses with two shows

How exactly have they been doing that? Can someone explain it to me. 2008 was a great year for sz's and so was 2010. I have not felt this way at all in fact have felt more emphasis on scarezone quality than years past. Maybe someone else can set me straight???

Edited by AaronPaHHNFan

What Dr. Jimmy said in his recent videos about this years HHN couldn't be anymore true. If you haven't seen them yet you should. There may be negativity floating around about this years event but If I may quote Dr. Jimmy himself "you don't know what the cake tastes like until you bite it" No matter what A&D comes up with or has handed to them by Uni they will always make it awesome. Just think there could be no HHN at all so we should all be thankful that it even exists in the first place. Think happy thoughts... :)

• Like 3