HHN 22 Speculation

Myself, Tweedle and Sakura have been pouring over our own version of the cleaned up background and we've come up with some ideas. A popular one is that it's a scene of a possibly dead field, clouds and a sun either shining or exploding (end of the world?) much like FreeGrizzlybearRides has noted. Something we also noted is that under the big blood spot on the horizon at the bottom right of the screen is what looks like the silhoettes of a man and a woman (or possibly children) walking hand in hand behind a smaller blood smear. If you look closely you can see the outline of what looks like a dress and arms out from their side. Other things noted are a possible skull or ghostly face in the sky by the big blood splat and Sakura felt what i see as sunbeams look like the way a shotgun blast looks when blasting a zombie against a wall. One thing is for sure its not a boring flat background so you have to figure it means something.

• Like 1

Something we also noted is that under the big blood spot on the horizon at the bottom right of the screen is what looks like the silhoettes of a man and a woman (or possibly children) walking hand in hand behind a smaller blood smear. If you look closely you can see the outline of what looks like a dress and arms out from their side.

It seems to me that there are three human-like figures in that area standing in a row. It also almost seems like the two outer figures are wearing hats...don't know what it could mean, just building off of Grimp0nd's observations.

Edited by phinfan91
  • Like 1

At first I thought all of the looking into the backgrounds was major speculation but Ross's link makes me even more eager to see how much TWD integration there's going to be this year. I have a feeling we will be seeing more than just a house around TWD.

You know what I knew that background reminded me of something. It's been bugging me all day now I realise that it's that photo of TWD cast. They showed that pic before the show started every week on TV over here in England. That would appear to be another nod towards TWD being involved this year. I think they will reveal that house first before the rest like they did with the thing last year.

• Like 1

Not to burst anyone's bubble... but I've never known the generic page to have anything to do with the final site.

And once the teaser comes out, every year people "see things" in the mirror ('08) or the lantern ('10) or the wood grain ('11), or whatever.

I will admit there are some odd artifacts in the background but I doubt it means anything. I would love to be proven wrong on that though because countless hours and posts have been dedicated to said speculation in the past that have never really amounted to anything. Little clues would be awesome.

Now what is unique about this "generic" page is that is has a consistent and clear theme to it. It even has a 22 tab icon in the same font and colors of the site. This could just good site design or they could be hinting at the final theme for the site. It's really impossible to tell right now. They could just be messing with us because of all the Walking Dead rumors.

The "O's in the font are consistent with the font. The scratches and alignment seemed to have bee added afterwards. I'll see if I can find the font.

Edit:

Pretty sure it is Alternate Gothic No 1 and it seems to match the "O"'s the N's baseline is correct, sans serif, G bar is correct... pretty darn sure but I really don't want to buy it just to make sure :)

• Like 3

Is it just me or is there a face on the HHN Orlando website teaser page. Kinda looks a little like Jack the Clown. Look to the right just a little past the event dates calender between the dates 29th and the 20th... :blink:

And if you look to the upper right of the video player it looks like there is a skull does that mean death or the grim reaper could be this years icon?... I understand we are craving more information but over analyzing a background is desperate.

OK so I recreated the logo to the best of my ability...

font.jpg

One weird thing I noticed is three letters are noticeably moved and one is just slightly.

"ROT" and then the last "I" is just slightly moved.

So many intriguing ideas.... However, did anybody consider running an anagram check on "It's never too soon to start panicking"? I did!

Contravention go rat tit spookiness

'Nuff said.. thank you...

Spec away...

Edited by Daniel_NH

I see what everyone is talking about when it comes to the background on the teaser site and the similarities to the walking dead photo. With the code names for disaster queue I honestly feel it's a walking dead house. The walking dead season 1 had memorable scenes in a hospital hallway (When Rick was waking up and discovering the disaster) and on a rooftop (It's where they left Merle handcuffed). If that's the case it seems like we may get a house reviewing what we've seen on the show so far. Hopefully if that's the case it takes us into the prison too.

My thoughts on the parade affecting the scare zones. I honestly believe they will be bringing the larger props in every night for one or two of them. All indications are that the parade is a hit. I don't see them stopping it, I see them changing the time, I don't know how much they can change the route if at all. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this subject could pitch in their thoughts on that. Knowing that they have brought props in for scare zones each night leads me to think that is the route they will go.

Last but not least my thoughts on the generic site. I'm thinking the last 2 letters in too are actually numbers. Either a countdown as Grimp0nd mentioned or hinting towards a theme of 100 years of horror. I can't believe that they would not at least have some mention of it. Of course I know it's technically the 99th year but everything is 100 years of Universal this year. I think that theme will roll right into HHN. I expect a house dedicated to the 100 years. Maybe a room for each decade or something (I'm not sure exactly how many scenes go into each house). That would be a great way to bring H.R. Bloodengutz back into the fold this year again.

• Like 2

JW, just to clarify...that is your recreation with the same font? Not actually pulling from the page correct?

Correct, using the font "Alternate Gothic No 1"

I found a site that would allow me to test the font with my own text. I print screened it, pulled it into to Photoshop, and then added the effects, color, and alignments.

Ah sweet...comparing the two, I still see the two O's in "too" (on the site) as larger than the others (aside from the first O in soon). But, that could very well be what happens after poring over a picture all day looking for things! :)

Edited by tweedle9200
  • Like 1

They are slightly larger than the other "O"s. (which I did not do in my version)

The "R" in "NEVER", the first "O" in "SOON" and the first "T" in "START" are noticeably raised.

ROT.... which would be really cool if the "I" in "PANICKING" was just slightly raised as well.

Back to pour my thoughts in here. :D

Looking at the background carefully...I was looking at it during a meeting at work earlier...to me it looks as if your inside looking out of a window into a field w a cloudy sky and u just blew a zombie's head off or someone blew off a zombie's head from the outside so there is blood splattered and the effect of a shotgun blast on the window (either on the inside or outside of the glass).

• Like 2

I keep looking at "ITS NEVER T00 S00N TO PANIC" and I just cant help but think our theme this year has to have something to do with the end of the world. I see the phrase as ITS NEVER T00 S00N TO PANIC.....FOR THE END OF THE WORLD, while some may see it as too soon to panic for HHN. Espically since it seems like every month some nut comes out saying the worlds gonna end next week. Not to mention the show doomsday preppers. Should we be prepping for a d00msday in September and not December?

And if you look to the upper right of the video player it looks like there is a skull does that mean death or the grim reaper could be this years icon?... I understand we are craving more information but over analyzing a background is desperate.

Ha! Observations, Speculations, All the same thing... ;)

OK so I recreated the logo to the best of my ability...

font.jpg

One weird thing I noticed is three letters are noticeably moved and one is just slightly.

"ROT" and then the last "I" is just slightly moved.

That's a pretty good job of matching the font up JW but it still doesn't account for the two o's in too being bigger than the other letters. For some reason they have been singled out to be different and if it's not a clue then I don't understand why they'd bother. At this point I'm sticking with my idea of the overall theme being different end of the world scenarios this year. It will at least keep me entertained until the next website update lol.

• Like 1

There are some similarities, but I agree with King K, we are getting wrapped up in things that might mean nothing. Perhaps Universal is giving us what we want to see in order to throw us off!

Getting wrapped up in things that might mean nothing and wildly speculating are all part of the fun of Halloween Horror Nights. It's not just the event for me but the build up too. Embrace the madness and let your imagination run free.

• Like 2