HHN 22 Speculation

Halloween-Horror-Nights-22_logo.png

Speculation Summary by: JWFearman

What we know:

The event is located at Universal Studios Florida.

Event Dates:

calendar-hhn2012.png

Frequent Fear Pass will be available

Houses:

7 house location fully confirmed. Sprung 1/2, 20a/b, Disaster!, SS22, and the parade building.

House List

(bold are officially confirmed)

1. Alice Cooper - Sprung 1

2. Silent Hill - SS 22

3. The Walking Dead - Disaster!

4. Penn & Teller New(ked) Las Vegas- Sprung 2

5. A gargoyle based house - SS20 a

6. A classic victorian haunted house - SS 20 b

7. A dead Exposure based house (theme not sequel) - Parade.

As of this time a dual run house is highly unlikely at this point (yes that would be 7 straight houses).

Icon:

No word on an icon

Shows:

Bill & Ted

Scare Zones:

So far we have a some of the themes:

Zombies

Ghosts

Vampires

Dragons

Prisoners

Skool/trick r' treaters

Klowns

Permits

Several room names have leaked:

SS 20 A:

Room 4 - Bat Belfry

Room 5 - Mirror Chamber

SS 20B:

Room ? - Vortex

Room ? - Wrong side of the bed

Disaster:

Room 1 - Hospital Hallway

Room 2 - Roof Top

SS 44: (Herc/ Xena)

Room 7 - Creature Pit

Room ? - Spike Room

Common Speculation and Rumors:

With the recent addition of the "Universal Cinematic Spectacular" Lagoon show. Many are speculating that we may again see a Horror Night Lagoon show (much like we saw at HHN 16)

Possibility of the Festival of the Dead coming back.

A Massive Cathedral facade has been seen in one of the sound stages.

The Silent Hill sign has been seen in the sound stages.

Talking points:

Scare zones locations and logistics for both roaming and stationary groups?

Will they go back to moving props every night (as it was done in the past)?

The Opening of Dispicable Me: Will it affect crowd flow and Scare Zone Placement?

The loss of Amity and the "tunnel": The impact on houses, scare zones, and crowd flow

I like how everything we have been speculating about is summed up for the first post. Sorry a little off topic!

Speculation Summary by: JWFearman

Talking points:

Scare zones locations and logistics. Will we see the return of large roaming groups? Will they go back to moving props every night (as it was done in the past)?

The Superstar parade: Will it stop during HHN? Will it affect Scare Zone placement?

The Opening of Dispicable Me: Will it affect crowd flow and Scare Zone Placement?

SS 44: Queue placements and impact on Scare Zones

The loss of Amity and the "tunnel": The impact on houses, scare zones, and crowd flow

Back on topic for speculation.........

I think that since the Superstar Parade is such a big hit they will continue to do it through October and just move the props into place like the used to do in the past.

They will probably have Despicable Me opened as well as Rockit to help control crowds, (Well I'm hoping because the crowds have been getting a little ridiculous)

As for the house in SS44, I think they will just move the scarezone from Shrek Alley to a different location possible in between Shrek and Despicable.... Although with Despicable Me possibly being open during the event that would cause a major backup with exiting of the ride...Also with the exit of Rockit. And I guess with the entrances of the SS houses in front of the Stage.

When I went to Uni a few weeks ago they had walls up where you could walk through Amity you just couldn't see construction. Depending on how far construction is on this area they could keep it the way it is and have it be dead space, or they could possible make a scarezone out of it... Just a thought. But if that area is completely blocked off then the area of the park with MIB and B&T would get extremely packed by the time the huge rush of guests make it back there.

So on the topic of Scare-zones/Superstar parade.

I've listened to a lot of opinions on what would be done and I think it all boils down to if Universal would be willing to nix their new parade they've been hyping since its inception in order to put out the traditional scare-zone. My thought is no. True the parade is running at 5:00 right now and that is when the park closes during HHN. But a parade is easily moved back.

If they do nix it... well all well and good. If not there are alternative methods to deal with parade.

First off the scare-zones can be designed to where the the large majority of the builds are far enough out of the road center so the parade can go through. Then a few large props could be dropped in after closing.

Second, the implementation of roaming scare-actors hoards that have movable props/vehicles. This would take a little foresight into what makes a good roaming group and not just mobilize any idea. Even if the group isn't roaming (I really thought the idea was terribly implemented at HHN 17) simply having props that can be wheeled in and out works as it accommodates the parade while confining the theme to a localized area where stationary props can still be placed out of the way of the parade.

The upside to having a parade be able to go through is if they can get the superstar parade through they, theoretically, can get a festival of the dead through as well.

But that is just my thoughts on it.

• Like 1

I believe they would stop the parade. Seeing as they said something along the lines of all summer and selected dates. Though maybe that's what I want to happen.

Good idea about pushing back the time too. I also believe they could change the route of the parade.

For some reason I'm loving the idea of a immersive roaming scar-actor group. Prehaps every night or every week. They would show up and take over a zone. Changing the props around, colors and other effects.

If the walking dead is true. I could also see them setting up the entire Universal or at least a zone that's over taken by zombies and the survivors are just as deadly.

Thanks for the summation! One thing I didn't notice before...

Disaster:

Room 1 - Hospital Hallway

Room 2 - Roof Top

The combination of those two rooms alone is enough to speculate that will be the "Walking Dead" ish house. How many times have we seen zombie based movies where people end up being chased to the roof top? And the hospital is the perfect place for hacked up, undead patients to pop out. They have to have a well staffed zombie scarezone outside similar to support it.

• Like 1

The stuff on the updated website does look very Walking Deadish. At least from the promotional materials during the first season run.

Either way, Ive been following this stuff since HHN XII, and im FINALLY getting to attend this year. all the way from St. Louis.

I think it would be incredibly stupid for them not to make that long hallway in amity into a scarezone or a house that transfers you through to the other side. slam a temporary roof on that baby and i'm sure it gets dark :) plus narrow sides instant claustrophobia. there's actually alot of potential there

The wording on the updated HHN website "It's never tOO soon to start panicking" has caught my attention. Has anyone else noticed the oo in the word too are bigger than the other letters. With all the speculation about a duality theme/icon this year I'm wondering if this is a hint towards that being the case.

I think it would be incredibly stupid for them not to make that long hallway in amity into a scarezone or a house that transfers you through to the other side. slam a temporary roof on that baby and i'm sure it gets dark :) plus narrow sides instant claustrophobia. there's actually alot of potential there

That's what I'm saying, the least they could do is put up a small scarezone!

• Like 1

If you look at the top of the website, the lettering looks a little weird. Idk if they did this on purpose or thats just how it turned out. But it looks like "IT'S NEVER T00 S0ON TO START PANICKING". So the both the "O's" in "too" are different and same thing with the first "O" in "soon".

If you look at the top of the website, the lettering looks a little weird. Idk if they did this on purpose or thats just how it turned out. But it looks like "IT'S NEVER T00 S0ON TO START PANICKING". So the both the "O's" in "too" are different and same thing with the first "O" in "soon".

I posted the same observation a few hours ago lol. One thing you've not quite got right though is that the first o in the word soon isn't bigger it's just raised unlike the o's in the word too.

I posted the same observation on the speculation thread a few hours ago lol. One thing you've not quite got right though is that the first o in the word soon isn't bigger it's just raised unlike the o's in the word too.

Oh yeah, you are right!

• Like 1

The wording on the updated HHN website "It's never tOO soon to start panicking" has caught my attention. Has anyone else noticed the oo in the word too are bigger than the other letters. With all the speculation about a duality theme/icon this year I'm wondering if this is a hint towards that being the case.

i think they did that with "soon" too and i like that idea, out of all the rumors for this year, i think the duality theme sounds the most interesting

edit: realized that we may both be too overly excited by looking for clues haha it could mean something, it could not, but i would like to see them really use a duality theme, 22 is perfect for it

Edited by emily.on.elm.street
  • Like 2

Is time the fire in which we'll burn this year and is our time running out? What if the two larger o's on the website are actually two zeros instead? What if the word "Watch" on the video box is a clue to time and not an overly obvious instruction to watch the video? And what if the countdown has run out like the zeros suggest? Could we be looking at an end of the world theme this year after all? Will each house and scarezone examine different end of the world scenarios like a zombie apocalypse (walking dead), the return of the great old ones (Lovecraft), Mayan calendar running out etc? Might we have 3 icons instead of 1 or 2 named Pestilence, Famine and War? Or has the madness of Poe extended to me lol? Just something for you guys to think about while the clock ticks slowly away....

• Like 3

I'm sure I have no new speculations to offer but figured I'd finally put all my thoughts in here. Just like Grimp0nd I believe the o's are double zeros. The word 'watch' on the video window seems like scratched glass but someone suggested a mirror & that sounds very interesting. Mirrors can be portals or a vortex. Mirrors show reflections which equals to 2 of something. Sometimes 2 things can look the same but not be the same...good and evil. 2 can just mean double of something dual house or double icons. I've also been looking at the background and the inside of the 'it's never too soon to start panicking' font. Not sure if anything is there but I've played a few ARGs where pics are hidden in the background & fonts. Hmm...could there be something we need to find in the video? Something to see or hear.

• Like 2

I was starting to get my hopes up for a Silent Hill house, but it looks like Silent Hill: Revelation has no dirrect affiliation with NBC Universal, at least that I could find.

After playing around in Paint, the o in "to" is in fact smaller than the o's in "too" and "soon." There's no way to know if they're capatialized alpha characters or numberic characters though without knowing the name of that font. Anyone happen to regonize it? it might just be a creepy CamelCase logo, but where's the fun in that? I do like the 00:00 time idea though as a teaser clue.

the background reminds me of the texas chainsaw massacre, is there any difference from last years background, for some reason in my mind they seem fairly similar

looking at the background really up close it actually looks like a horizon, the light being the sun, what looks like wood would be a field, and theres actually what looks like clouds in there as well. then theres blood, could be me over thinking it a bit lol but when i zoomed in thats what i saw.