HHN 22 Speculation

Well, to be fair, "Depending on cultural influences and exposure it could mean a vast amount of things" could also apply to pretty much all your examples above. And Gothic, I would argue, is best known for the architecture style amongst the GP, which appears to be exactly what they're referring to. So I'd say it's a very accurate and descriptive title.

We're all assuming though that there won't be a subtitle here. For all we know, the full title will be Gothic: Night of the Attacking Gargoyles. And if the house turns out to be full of possessed teddy bears, then I will completely agree with you that it is an awful, awful title.

You have way too much faith in the general population. I've dealt with enough of them over the years to know that even the kids who call themselves "gothic" don't know what they're talking about.

Use terms like gothic or baroque architecture or style in a conversation, and the response I usually receive is either a blank stare or oh like those kids who dress all in black.

You have way too much faith in the general population. I've dealt with enough of them over the years to know that even the kids who call themselves "gothic" don't know what they're talking about.

Use terms like gothic or baroque architecture or style in a conversation, and the response I usually receive is either a blank stare or oh like those kids who dress all in black.

Very good point, but I like to give people the benefit of a doubt. :) As long as we're speculating, anyone want to guess what the other two houses will be called before the reveal tonight?

Very good point, but I like to give people the benefit of a doubt. :) As long as we're speculating, anyone want to guess what the other two houses will be called before the reveal tonight?

I've had this conversation one too many times to have faith in people.

"I need to cash my check."

"I can help you with that. Can I see your ID?"

"I don't know you, why should I show you my ID?!!!!" (exclaimation points to illustrate the indignation that I would have the audacity to ask for ID.)

As for the other two houses.

I'm going with:

Haunted Mansion

And

Classic Monsters done in black light strobe effect

For what we thought was the "Victorian" house....a name involving "Haunted" or "Paranormal"....something having to do with supernatural activity and spirits. Possibly a revisitation of the Poltergeist....*shrug*

Tonight will be the night Universal reveals all to us about Halloween Horror Nights 22. Thanks to everyone for the months of speculation, but now it's time for it to come to an end. Stay tuned later tonight after the reveal for all the House and Scarezone topics!

Speculation 2012 is now closed and locked!

• Like 5