HHN 22 Speculation

I know this is pretty obvious but its clear that marketing are focusing on SH, AC and TWD. They are the only house that are featured on the billboards (in Orlando) and I wouldnt be surprised if they were featured on the the commercial (or at least one of them). I think that both adverts will be the same in Hollywood and Orlando but, Orlando will have a backstory and I wouldnt be shocked now if we did see an icon.

• Like 1

That's the Hollywood commercial, but it doesn't mean I'm still not excited to see it. I wonder when Orlando will show theirs? Hopefully tomorrow or Friday.

@UORHHN did post this one though:

646622669.jpg?key=19201080&Expires=1346265327&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=pElkqYScVQFG74aGPL6xBPuqjnco-tEhb2~5C6NtPocMZJaopvW9hYsW2fQJQ3UIVWL9nCFYZsEhI7kG7c6wiMBl6TenJMS-Q-QWv5VOJidnBoRgcgcD8zF0WbRhYAIVs5mhedRXa9NK1UhXy5LkJpox5VbBwuX0SHUF4~BNTaA_

Are they going to be sharing the commercial?

EDIT: Looks like they also posted the other pic as well. It's looking like they are sharing.

I think they will be similar but not the same. If you notice from both recent pic's. this boy is completely different than the boy standing next to the girls. also, the boy with the black hair seems to have demonic black eyes. *Could just be the lighting... or its just me*

I could be wrong but i guess we'll be finding out soon!! :)

If it was Universal Monsters Remix, I'm sure they would have announced it at the same time as all the other shared IP houses. I'm guessing it's something different, and if the artwork they released is any indication, far cooler.

This is not entirely true. It wouldn't necessarily be an IP house, at least not by UNI marketing standards. Also, Murdy has also confirmed (via twitter) there will be "more" than just the classic monsters in Hollywood's house. Since Orlando has to actually build their house rather than renovate an existing haunt, this is how the houses will differ.

I know this is pretty obvious but its clear that marketing are focusing on SH, AC and TWD. They are the only house that are featured on the billboards (in Orlando) and I wouldnt be surprised if they were featured on the the commercial (or at least one of them). I think that both adverts will be the same in Hollywood and Orlando but, Orlando will have a backstory and I wouldnt be shocked now if we did see an icon.

Don't expect an icon... the 2009 commercial did not feature The Usher at all. The entire event had a full blown backstory & icon, but none of that mattered when it came to marketing the event.

So the commercial is Walking Dead. Not surprising.

Keep in mind, this could just be ONE of 3 commercials for us. If you remember, there is still the coke version, gory getaway version, and the generic commercial. So they could easily incorporate the other IPs in some way. However, if we just see zombies.... blah..

Don't expect an icon... the 2009 commercial did not feature The Usher at all. The entire event had a full blown backstory & icon, but none of that mattered when it came to marketing the event.

Oh no I meant in the park not in the commercial, I am not expecting a Icon in the commercial for one minute but I think there could be one in the park now

With all the speculation going on about the mysterious phone caller sounding like Fear, remember that there was a video released in 2010 saying we will see him return at some point...looking much older and worn. Also I remember remember reading something from 2010 that mentioned a three year arc in the story line starting in 2010. 2010, 2011, and now 2012...could this be the end of this story line and he is returning to finish what he started?

Edited by phinfan91

After looking at the reveal of fear video for 2010, my money is on fear bing involved this year. It sounds like him, the end if the video says he arrives. One of the clues says "he is returning". I also love the quote in the video that says " this is not about th past. This is about the future." I can't wait for midnight !

• Like 1

Wait a second, wait a second! Wasn't one of the clues about "He comes home?" The theme from Sweet 16 was "Horror comes home" and the icon was Darkness. This phone call sounds like Darkness.....is there some sort of connection here or am I also grasping at straws?

Nice association! I missed that video before my last post, also, didn't the ifrit post a pic that resembled Darkness? (As much as some here insist that ifrit was simply a detractor) ;)

I like the idea of Darkness being the icon, but didn't Universal say that starting with HHN XX that it will be a new era and that they are moving on and won't be reusing past icons? Or was that just about the houses?

Technically Darkness was never really an icon.

Also I remember remember reading something from 2010 that mentioned a three year arc

That whole 3-year arc thing didn't have anything to do with 2010 or 2011... so no.

Wait a second, wait a second! Wasn't one of the clues about "He comes home?" The theme from Sweet 16 was "Horror comes home" and the icon was Darkness. This phone call sounds like Darkness.....is there some sort of connection here or am I also grasping at straws?

grasping at straws... the whole Horror Comes Home thing was in reference to HHN returning to the studios where the event started & belongs. The theme of the event was "Sweet 16". The scarezone in Hollywood was called "Horror Comes Home" and consisted of characters from the past 15 HHN events. Then the stage show with Darkness was "The Arrival", which was basically to reintroduce the past icons to the general public & get photo-ops.

From a more practical standpoint, wouldn't Darkness be convenient to use because they already have the costume (and it's really impressive, too)? :P

Well Darkness was not a "new" character in 2006, he has made many appearances at past HHN events. If you see any old HHN footage you'll catch a glimpse of him in the Festival of the Dead parade. Thats why he was chosen for The Arrival show. He's a past character to showcase.

So, one of the sweepstakes winner went through the Gargoyle's House preview, and wrote this:

Prepare to be AMAZED with GOTHIC at this years HHN! Gargoyles, candlelight, stained glass - detail is perfect and scares even BETTER! 16 ft ceilings, bells, amazing effects, and more! SO excited. it was BRILLIANT!!!

You enter a #Gothic cathedral under renovation but are certainly not welcome & all the creatures worship scaring the hell out of you! @UORHHN is upping all the effects. It's louder. Insane air blasts. Scarier. Huge sets. Incredible detail & costumes. The MUSIC!

I'm so pumped right now!

• Like 5