HHN 22 Speculation

Interesting trivia: Did you know that Ridley Scott directed Legend? Yes, the same Ridley Scott who gave us Alien and Prometheus.

As for anything being done in the SS44 area:

1 It's an active construction site that holds tons of legal liabilities.

2 The higher ups are not going to postpone construction for a green lit project for HHN fans.

3 I think A&D is working with what they have. I do not see them pulling a permit for a house just to prank HHN fans. They are using all the difficulties from this year to their advantage. A sign of true creative genius. When the world gives you lemons make lemonade.

4 If we are getting clues for an Icon and backstory, I wonder how much A&D had to push for it? How much of it is due to the negative push back from fans? Was it always in the works?

5 I can't wait to see the event, because if the use of the SS 44 debacle is as last minute as it seems, then I think it will display the true level of talent behind A&D.

• Like 3

Yeah there is no way they would use a construction site for anything except backstory ;)

In all honesty, no idea who this "He" is. I highly doubt it would be the Crypt Keeper. (another IP they would have to pay for.)

Perhaps are Ifrit character?

Maybe I missed it.. where is this white ooze comment coming from?

• Like 1

In all honesty, no idea who this "He" is. I highly doubt it would be the Crypt Keeper. (another IP they would have to pay for.)

Perhaps are Ifrit character?

Maybe I missed it.. where is this white ooze comment coming from?

I'm guessing he's something we've never seen before. All the talk of the Caretaker or Darkness just seems to be wishful thinking considering the whole "New Era" thing. And while Darkness was never a true icon, he was represented enough to be included with the old icons just the same as Cindy, Eddie, and Chance would be.

I think the idea that maybe the "icon" could be some sort of object each of the "tribes" wants and are fighting over could be a cool one. Or even if the object is like the Lantern and will open when the event starts revealing our icon would be neat.

You guys, I got it. They dug up Ivan Ooze from the power rangers movie. DUH.

lol I just dated myself, oh well. ANYWAY....unusual moans/white substance?? Ok so this signifies more than one "something" has been dug up. I agree with this vessel idea...sort of like a genie in a lamp, some kind of evil entity was sucked into a vessel by previous "good guys" and buried underground to stay there forever. And the white substance...maybe something that spreads and "infects" universal employees/guests and turns them into different groups of evil beings (SZs). Idk I'm still pondering this whole thing....

Ivan Ooze? I can only hope. And if he's around, I need to see me some Lord Zedd as well.

• Like 1

They've dug up a Mayan spaceship. That's definitely it :)

lol ok I looked at some of the clues in the google doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZsAPshPm3cEuduWlCXtK56qSprhWWYr6OA41QSRLM2w/edit?pli=1)

#6: "Your future seems grim." Is this an overt reference to the grim reaper?? or a "death" like character...possibly the caretaker, as has been mentioned.

They've dug up a Mayan spaceship. That's definitely it :)

lol ok I looked at some of the clues in the google doc (https://docs.google....M2w/edit?pli=1)

#6: "Your future seems grim." Is this an overt reference to the grim reaper?? or a "death" like character...possibly the caretaker, as has been mentioned.

Hmmm, if we played up the angle of the Grim Reaper, maybe they dug up his scythe? It could certainly be otherworldly in appearance. And, all the monsters could then be figthing for control of it?

Hmmm, if we played up the angle of the Grim Reaper, maybe they dug up his scythe? It could certainly be otherworldly in appearance. And, all the monsters could then be figthing for control of it?

that is an AWESOME idea. !!!!!!!!! but sadly i doubt they would go that far into it :/

• Like 1

Great idea! Or maybe all of these evil entities and monsters were somehow trapped in that scythe thing...and maybe they broke it and that's where the white substance comes in....it's interesting that they made it white. When I think white, I think ghosts and apparitions.

Victorian mansion.. dual run?

Not. gonna. happen. The house shares SS20 with the Gargoyles house.

But who is the iconic figure in Uni history who is not featured in the parks?

Answer: Bela Lugosi's Dracula.

REALLY HEATHER!? REALLY!?... did we forget who started the Horror trend for UNI & saved their asses??? The one classic monster that pre-dates Dracula! :chainsaw:

So, could this hint at an 8th house? Though, I haven't been to Universal, so I don't know the current condition of the area/lot. So if they used it for a house, I'm sure someone would have saw something and reported it, a structure of sorts. Could anyone elaborate on this...maybe at least this idea being used for an 8th haunted house......

There will ONLY be 7 houses. There is NO 8th house. The Transformers construction site has huge 10foot+ deep holes.

I really hope that they have a scare zone where Ss44 use to be. Looks like they are doing something possibly construction?

The construction is for Transformers: The Ride... nothing to do with HHN what-so-ever.

My completely uneducated guess as for SS44 and the whole... "dug up" something not from this world. Is something with the caretaker. Caretaker was fear's choice to represent DEATH. Caretaker as far as I know, is not of this world. He has never really died as far as I know, but... he doesn't really look alive haha

The Caretaker was alive at one time. And has been resurrected twice. Once from ashes, second time by flame. He is NOT returning. "New Age of Darkness"... Remember the old, Embrace the new.

UNI does have some claim on the Crypt Keeper. "Demon Knight" & "Bordello of Blood" were both Universal movies.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now one thing you all need to keep in mind. Universal has said that the 22 clues (well... some people received the same clues) they sent out are strictly for the last 3 remaining houses. So you have to see which clue goes with one of the 3 remaining houses. so far we have 7 house clues (i still think some people are holding out on the clues given to them similar to 2010's LT debacle), 2 images & 5 text clues. More will be released today.

Great idea! Or maybe all of these evil entities and monsters were somehow trapped in that scythe thing...and maybe they broke it and that's where the white substance comes in....it's interesting that they made it white. When I think white, I think ghosts and apparitions.

when i think of white powder i think of drugs... hah.. but maybe it is some type of hallucinogen where it makes you see things that aren't really there.. hence; zombies, killer clowns, nurses with messed up faces and knives, ghosts, gargoyles that come alive, nightmares come to life, etc....

Now one thing you all need to keep in mind. Universal has said that the 22 clues (well... some people received the same clues) they sent out are strictly for the last 3 remaining houses. So you have to see which clue goes with one of the 3 remaining houses. so far we have 7 house clues (i still think some people are holding out on the clues given to them similar to 2010's LT debacle), 2 images & 5 text clues. More will be released today.

when will the rest be posted? and will someone post all the clues together? i feel like im missing a few.

when i think of white powder i think of drugs... hah.. but maybe it is some type of hallucinogen where it makes you see things that aren't really there.. hence; zombies, killer clowns, nurses with messed up faces and knives, ghosts, gargoyles that come alive, nightmares come to life, etc....

when will the rest be posted? and will someone post all the clues together? i feel like im missing a few.

Just re-watched The Serpent and the Rainbow yesterday... they used a white(ish) powder to transform the people into zombies... its also a Uni picture. That could be a cool house some year too!

And then at the end of the event one of the groups claims victory and has the scythe based on some GP voting system and next year gets a house after their entire brood has been corrupted by the evil of the scythe?!

*sigh* Sorry, got carried away. Heh

They just did another FB page status post thingy for emails... so more clues should be on the way...

Here are the current sent to people:

1 - "The foolish will not only suffer the consequences, but they will see the house for what it truly is... A horrible place where imagination and reality have combined to create a living nightmare."

2 - "By day all is normal, but as the darkness of night falls, the creatures guarding this sanctuary come alive to protect this sacred place from intruders."

3 - "It's time he comes home."

4 - “Your future seems grim.”

5 - “Unusual moans can be heard from beneath the dig site. Workers have found a strange white substance secreting from the ground.”

6 - Parade Building house (Nosferatu image)

7 - Gargoyles facade image

And then at the end of the event one of the groups claims victory and has the scythe based on some GP voting system and next year gets a house after their entire brood has been corrupted by the evil of the scythe?!

*sigh* Sorry, got carried away. Heh

AWESOME! but doubtful yes. :/

REALLY HEATHER!? REALLY!?... did we forget who started the Horror trend for UNI & saved their asses??? The one classic monster that pre-dates Dracula! :chainsaw:

I did not forget him. I also hope he makes an appearance in the classic house.

We are speaking about clues for the masses though. I would love Erik to be the Icon, but alas the GP just wouldn't get it or him.

He would actually fit too.

Buried Artifact

His use of magic

His ability to manipulate and control others

Unfortunately, I can hear the reaction in my head now.

"A character from a musical? LAME"

"What is he going to scare us with, horrible singing?"

Few know his true origins, and even fewer are willing to learn them.

• Like 1