HHN 22 Speculation

I'm sure that this is probably far off but the first thing I thought of when I heard "It's time he comes home" was Darkness. To me the biggest line in the arrival show from 16 was when he said Horror Comes Home. He has never been an icon so it doesn't break that rule. He is not from our world and he would make a good leader of all the "hoardes"

I've thought of him too.

As I said, the way the clue reads makes it seem like we should now who He is.

Darkness would be awesome.

Any other characters who could "come home".

And do we know if we have all the clues?

I'm sure that this is probably far off but the first thing I thought of when I heard "It's time he comes home" was Darkness. To me the biggest line in the arrival show from 16 was when he said Horror Comes Home. He has never been an icon so it doesn't break that rule. He is not from our world and he would make a good leader of all the "hoardes"

Now this, THIS is speculation I can get on board with! Sweet 16 was easily my favorite year out of the past 6...Darkness would be the perfect icon to bring together all the "hoardes" and various kinds of creatures/beings that we are rumored to be seeing. If he "comes home" perhaps we'll be seeing other characters (no icons please) come home as well. Darkness embodies all that is terrifying and fear related...I'm liking the way you are thinking sweetie! B) (Even if it is just wishful thinking/speculation, I still love the idea!)

The only thing that possibly conflicts with fear or darkness is the status from fb where they said they dug up something they have NEVER seen before... both darkness and fear have appeared before so it would be safe to say Universal would have recognized whatever they dug up if that was the case...

Unless that status has nothing to do with the icon and in that case, ignore this lol

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but here is is the EXACT QUOTE from the FaceBook Page: "We knew with all the construction going on something like this might happen. We’ve dug “something” up. We’re not exactly sure what it is, but it is NOT of this world. It’s freaking us out a little bit. More to come…"

So, notice how they mentioned construction and digging...well when the whole drama around SS44 hapened, we could obviosuly clearly see construction and holes in the ground. So, I think that they demolished it, yes for the new ride, but HHN got to use the area for the event (ya know, for the time being)...So, could this hint at an 8th house? Though, I haven't been to Universal, so I don't know the current condition of the area/lot. So if they used it for a house, I'm sure someone would have saw something and reported it, a structure of sorts. Could anyone elaborate on this...maybe at least this idea being used for an 8th haunted house......

After reading the exact quote again, they say they dug up "something", not necessarily "someone"... could we possibly be faced against an object as opposed to an icon? It could possibly be like the lantern was for hhn 20... just a thought here but they could have dug up something evil that releases these hordes all over universal... any thoughts?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but here is is the EXACT QUOTE from the FaceBook Page: "We knew with all the construction going on something like this might happen. We’ve dug “something” up. We’re not exactly sure what it is, but it is NOT of this world. It’s freaking us out a little bit. More to come…"

So, notice how they mentioned construction and digging...well when the whole drama around SS44 hapened, we could obviosuly clearly see construction and holes in the ground. So, I think that they demolished it, yes for the new ride, but HHN got to use the area for the event (ya know, for the time being)...So, could this hint at an 8th house? Though, I haven't been to Universal, so I don't know the current condition of the area/lot. So if they used it for a house, I'm sure someone would have saw something and reported it, a structure of sorts. Could anyone elaborate on this...maybe at least this idea being used for an 8th haunted house......

Its impossible to have a house on a construction site. Too many opportunities for lawsuits.

Ok....

Totally out there thought.....

But who is the iconic figure in Uni history who is not featured in the parks?

Answer: Bela Lugosi's Dracula.

It would be awesome if he was the one they dug up and was finally coming home.

THIS THIS THIS! For the love of god let it be THIS!!!!

from all the clues i think its something "devil" or "demon" like the grim reaper type of thing...as a very broad thing all the houses and SZ have to do with death of some sort or kind, nuclear explosion, spirits that are dead, zombies, etc....also dr j posted a picture of a wrestler and that would lead to me think of the undertaker who is the bringer of death....

Does anyone else feel like this could be The First Evil, or something like it? All this digging/underground/something-we've-never-seen-before stuff has me pondering.

Also, the "it's freaking us out a little bit" part sounds really odd to me....why would Universal be freaked out, after 22 years of HHN horror, by something they dug up? What could, hypothetically speaking of course, make them THAT worrisome?

• Like 1

Does anyone else feel like this could be The First Evil, or something like it? All this digging/underground/something-we've-never-seen-before stuff has me pondering.

Also, the "it's freaking us out a little bit" part sounds really odd to me....why would Universal be freaked out, after 22 years of HHN horror, by something they dug up? What could, hypothetically speaking of course, make them THAT worrisome?

They finally saw the bill for how much this event cost this year? :)

• Like 3

After reading the exact quote again, they say they dug up "something", not necessarily "someone"... could we possibly be faced against an object as opposed to an icon? It could possibly be like the lantern was for hhn 20... just a thought here but they could have dug up something evil that releases these hordes all over universal... any thoughts?

Well...If we make reference to The Ifrit at all, we could possibly surmise Djinni...So maybe a lamp? Or vase of some sort? A vessel in which to keep (or trap) a being? Reaching here, and yes I know i've been void of any input until now. Work is hell damnit.

Maybe it was the time capsule under nickelodeon, lol

I do like the thought of darkness or fear making a return. They both served a similar function in their respective years, but they weren't really fleshed out as characters as much as the major icons.

But I also immediately thought of Halloween and Michael Myers with the "it's time He came home" comment. Did universal get the rights to the franchise?

I usually don't post, I'm a lurker, but I noticed one of the clues said, "Unusual moans can be heard from beneath the dig site. Workers have found a strange white substance secreting from the ground."

I'm pretty sure that's a reference to "The Stuff", a 1985 horror movie about an addictive symbiotic material seeping out of the ground.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stuff)

• Like 2

I've actually been thinking about this the past few hours. What I'm thrown off by is the "not from the world" and "it's time he came home". How would they know an object is not from this world? And the last clue clearly states a being of some kind. But that's also assuming the two clues are part of the story. The latter could be for a house.

I could totally get behind Dracula as an the Icon. :P

I've also thought about the puppet master guy from singapore as well. May fit the clue picture of the dummy's from a while back. I think that's reaching though.

How about another really far fetched idea: The Crypt Keeper! Lol. Victorian Mansion fits with that. The whole "imagination and reality have combined to create a living nightmare" may work in there. He would be coming home too I guess. :P

Forgive me I've just returned from the ER. Must be the drugs, lol.

I'm still hoping they dug up a Hellmouth.

You guys, I got it. They dug up Ivan Ooze from the power rangers movie. DUH.

lol I just dated myself, oh well. ANYWAY....unusual moans/white substance?? Ok so this signifies more than one "something" has been dug up. I agree with this vessel idea...sort of like a genie in a lamp, some kind of evil entity was sucked into a vessel by previous "good guys" and buried underground to stay there forever. And the white substance...maybe something that spreads and "infects" universal employees/guests and turns them into different groups of evil beings (SZs). Idk I'm still pondering this whole thing....

• Like 4

You guys, I got it. They dug up Ivan Ooze from the power rangers movie. DUH.

lol I just dated myself, oh well. ANYWAY....unusual moans/white substance?? Ok so this signifies more than one "something" has been dug up. I agree with this vessel idea...sort of like a genie in a lamp, some kind of evil entity was sucked into a vessel by previous "good guys" and buried underground to stay there forever. And the white substance...maybe something that spreads and "infects" universal employees/guests and turns them into different groups of evil beings (SZs). Idk I'm still pondering this whole thing....

Hey! Maybe that's why the scarezones are color coded! The power rangers are doing battle with Ivan ooze! Hahahahahahahaha

My completely uneducated guess as for SS44 and the whole... "dug up" something not from this world. Is something with the caretaker. Caretaker was fear's choice to represent DEATH. Caretaker as far as I know, is not of this world. He has never really died as far as I know, but... he doesn't really look alive haha.

As far as SS44, I can see them doing something like a area that was dug up where the caretaker was buried. In that area with all the construction.. all they need to do is make it safe for people to be near, and add some effects like a tomb and random stuff around it.

But yea, all this is me completely throwing stuff out there after i had my morning coffee... We will find out tomorrow :) YAY!