HHN 22 Speculation

Playing Devil's Advocate, then doesn't it make even more sense that the Catacombs are beneath the cathedral, especially if it turns out to be Notre Dame (or, more accurately, St. Opportune) or some other similar fictional French gothic church?

well if you want to continue the plague doctor route.... you could say that the gargoyles are plague victims. There is a new plague spreading throughout France turning victims into monstrous gargoyles. The plague doctors must cure the infected before it is too late otherwise you might find yourself infected with the similar fate as the rest of the country!...

Now another way to look at this, is that the gargoyles are cursed creatures... stone by day, by night they live again. These creatures were once human, but the mystical forces of the The Coven, an ancient covenant of witches thought to be long dead, have been cursed by their dark arts. Which will seal your fate- The Coven or The Gargoyles?

The third option is obviously just gargoyles are gargoyles... like the 90's cartoon...

I have never used instagram in my life.

Tumblr on the other hand... ;)

And what does Italy have to do with anything? Yes, a Catacombs sequel could take place elsewhere, BUT the 2010 house was in the catacombs of France which lead up to a museum.

It's bc Italy has very famous catacombs underneath Rome. I've been there. They're creepy as f***. Claustrophobic. And honestly when I went into catacombs at 20, it wasn't too different from the real thing...well except in the real thing you KNOW you're under the friekin ground...creepy.

Since the gargoyles are going to be scareactors, i'd say they're the main focus... And having plague doctors involved would make no sense with "live" gargoyles.

^This would not fit with the whole Gargoyle aspect...

And what does Italy have to do with anything? Yes, a Catacombs sequel could take place elsewhere, BUT the 2010 house was in the catacombs of France which lead up to a museum.

Playing Devil's Advocate, then doesn't it make even more sense that the Catacombs are beneath the cathedral, especially if it turns out to be Notre Dame (or, more accurately, St. Opportune) or some other similar fictional French gothic church?

It's bc Italy has very famous catacombs underneath Rome. I've been there. They're creepy as f***. Claustrophobic. And honestly when I went into catacombs at 20, it wasn't too different from the real thing...well except in the real thing you KNOW you're under the friekin ground...creepy.

Because of both of these posts, for example. And has it been confirmed that the gargoyles are scare actors? I'm honestly asking. So far as I remember hearing, we just know they're associated somehow, unless there's some info that's not generally known? The plague doctors could really show up anywhere, particularly anywhere in Europe for it to be reasonable, and a sequel house does not necessarily have to be in the same place as the first. PsychoScareapy is a great example of that.

okay how is it both posts completely neglected my "off the top of my head" scenarios for the house?...

And has it been confirmed that the gargoyles are scare actors?

PsychoScareapy is a great example of that.

Yes there are scareactors cast in the role of gargoyles. I'm pretty sure I had previously mentioned at some point that there has been people cast in "stunt-like" roles which would be "harnesses".

How is Scareapy a good example? All 4 houses took place at the same Shadybrook Asylum except for the 3rd house which took place at the Shadybrook Estates (the nearby housing development).

• Like 1

okay how is it both posts completely neglected my "off the top of my head" scenarios for the house?...

Wasn't neglecting... Just giving my input on your Italy question. I like your ideas, I wasn't speaking against them. I personally love the idea of Notre Dame+gargoyles+maybe going underground AND finding plague doctors underneath the cathedral...and your idea of the supernatural element with people turning into gargoyles...very interesting :)

They were pretty decent ideas, I think. And answer exactly how they could work together.

How is Scareapy a good example? All 4 houses took place at the same Shadybrook Asylum except for the 3rd house which took place at the Shadybrook Estates (the nearby housing development).

"the 3rd house which took place at the Shadybrook Estates (the nearby housing development" You answered your own question. Nearby location doesn't matter, it's still a different setting (house vs. asylum or catacombs vs nearby cathedral). Or even just similar characters in a different location.

Here's the problem with Catacombs... the house was based on a historical event- the black plague...

and on a completely unrelated note... Gramercy Park (which is located in the NY section of UNI) now has BLUE lights in its lanterns. Also i've been told that Hollywood has PURPLE lighting...

You know, I might have been messed up with the whole Potterverse expansion and the work on the retaining wall or something stupid like that. I definitely remember reading about canoes, but I guess not? I never did think it had anything to do with a house, though, as I'm pretty sure we've got our full list already.

And all those lacrosse references; I'm pretty sure that was a Native American sport originally, as people said, and can't that connect to some sort of El Dorado-esque scarezone? Perhaps similar to Esqueleto Muerte?

Okay, yes. The lacrosse reference was a hint leading back to Native Americans. But the significance was determined back during the original discussion, I believe. Let me help by saying that there will not be a Native American or Mayan themed scarezone, to the best of my knowledge. Much like we know the houses, we already know the scarezones as well.

That being said... there's still something that's been hinted at multiple times that will be featured in the coming weeks. And that's where the Native American clue comes in.

Maybe the plague doctors tie into the gargoyle house?

Choosing to quote you because it was the first time I saw it, but again, want to stop you guys before you dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of (see what I did there?). There will be no plague doctors this year. No catacombs. Personally, Catacombs was one of my favorite houses so I would LOVE to see it return... but it won't be this year.

Here's the problem with Catacombs... the house was based on a historical event- the black plague...

and on a completely unrelated note... Gramercy Park (which is located in the NY section of UNI) now has BLUE lights in its lanterns. Also i've been told that Hollywood has PURPLE lighting...

I mentioned something somewhere else recently about a "a spectrum of evil" and people made silly jokes.

Am I the only one curious enough to see if any haunt this year does anything creepypasta related, I mean with the new movie about the tulpa coming out it could be interesting to incorporate something of the sort, heck it might give that super fear that some of us crave, but I've been teasing my friend for weeks about how were getting silent hill, could it be possible we could get a slenderman somewhere....?

Basically a better question to tie in with my previous randomness is do we know what the spirits may be other than chainsaw weilding grim reapers?

No I don't...oh, you mean the OTHER boogeyman. Carry on!

I REALLY hope so. Even as I watched that movie for the first time in theaters, I could see the potential. Such a treasure trove there for them to mine...

Lol it's not to often a horror film comes up twice a day for me. But insidious deffinetley would top the cake this year for hhn I have to say i would love to see the demon figure alive at hhn in the Victorian style house and the ghost lady to

Lol it's not to often a horror film comes up twice a day for me. But insidious deffinetley would top the cake this year for hhn I have to say i would love to see the demon figure alive at hhn in the Victorian style house and the ghost lady to

If they went that route, hopefully they'd do the violin cues as well. Hearing that in a house would really add to the scary factor. I never get scared in movies, but I'll be damned if that score didn't put me on edge.

• Like 1

If they went that route, hopefully they'd do the violin cues as well. Hearing that in a house would really add to the scary factor. I never get scared in movies, but I'll be damned if that score didn't put me on edge.

Ugh omg that noise....and then that red face....agh good material, I must say. I'm thinking maybe the Victorian house has something to do with Indian burial grounds underneath the home, which is why it would be haunted. Just a theory.

• Like 2

Yeah I knew that one, in fact I think I was the one who figured that part out haha but I'm referring to other Native American references that have been made as well. Can't remember exactly what they were though. Oh well...not going to worry about it all too much. We find out everything in less than 5 days anyway :)

Yeah I knew that one, in fact I think I was the one who figured that part out haha but I'm referring to other Native American references that have been made as well. Can't remember exactly what they were though. Oh well...not going to worry about it all too much. We find out everything in less than 5 days anyway :)

i havnt seen the native american refrences except about the lacrosse reference....but Dr J has been leaving A LOT of "burried" "unearthing" clues everywhere

• Like 2