HHN 22 Speculation

So I was in a staff meeting all morning, and I'm thus really late to the game. Looks like you guys have already solved a portion of the clue, so I'll move on... but I must offer one critique first.

New Ifrit photo on Instagram with the following quote:

"You call this archeology? When you find what is missing, it's 1-2-3."

<_< As an archaeologist and copy editor, the fact that "archeology" was spelled incorrectly irks me. Especially considering this clue features scrabble tiles! Fail, Ifrit. Fail. /rant

New clue. Don't have the ability to post the pic while at work, but it's scrabble tiles that spell out:

JUST LOOK DEEPER TO DISCOVER IT

And the caption: "Any smug satisfaction is severely misplaced. There's many more answers staring you in the face."

More scrabble tiles. The fact that tiles were used a second time for the same clue might mean something? I don't know. Although, fairly certain "deeper" was a deliberate word choice, given the first picture. Can't help but think about the hints Dr. Jimmy was dropping yesterday!

• Like 1

While Universal may be celebrating it's "100th year anniversary", don't expect the lagoon show to be "100th year" based, due to the fact that its only been 99 years as far as Universal's horror movies go... next year will be Universal's 100th year of horror...

From a marketing perspective, and as part of the larger celebration, this could very easily be fudged. It's 100 years of Universal Studios, of which horror is a part. If they wait til next year, they're shooting themselves in the foot within their general marketing campaign.

Of course, that being said, there has been no mention of it yet in any of their marketing mix for HHN. And I could see them not really making a big deal about it at all either this year or next, so we shall see...

I hope that all of you have come to the realization by now that these "clues" aren't coming from UNI... and are just looking at this as something to "pass the time". The wording & the entire process pretty much gives it away. They're toying with you're gullibility and know you'll over-think every "clue" sent your way. So just keep that in mind.

But isn't that the entire point of this thread? To let people overthink, overanalyze and speculate about every possible clue provided to them, regardless if it's from Universal or not? And if everyone being guillable is an issue with these hints, then who is to say everyone isn't guilty of the same for every single supposidly "legit" clue that has been posted here previously.

Seriously sweetie, you need to lighten up some...it's a Halloween event, enjoy it for what it is.

• Like 10

TWD is one house, I would hope that you wouldn't base your desire to come to the event on the theme of just one house...or whether or not LT returns. As I'm sure you are well aware this event is so much more than the house themes, it would be a shame for you to miss it because of one house... :) Glad to see that you have changed your mind.

It wasn't the house. It was the house and the survey that said the entire theme for the event was TWD.

• Like 1

It wasn't the house. It was the house and the survey that said the entire theme for the event was TWD.

Well, now that you know differently, that's what matters. :) While I absolutely love TWD, having the event focused around just that concept would even be more than I could stomach. Variety is the spice of life, as is the spice of HHN.

I hope that all of you have come to the realization by now that these "clues" aren't coming from UNI... and are just looking at this as something to "pass the time". The wording & the entire process pretty much gives it away. They're toying with you're gullibility and know you'll over-think every "clue" sent your way. So just keep that in mind.

But isn't that the entire point of this thread? To let people overthink, overanalyze and speculate about every possible clue provided to them, regardless if it's from Universal or not? And if everyone being guillable is an issue with these hints, then who is to say everyone isn't guilty of the same for every single supposidly "legit" clue that has been posted here previously.

Seriously sweetie, you need to lighten up some...it's a Halloween event, enjoy it for what it is.

Until I see more from ifrit, I will see this has just away to past the time. 

What bothers me, is if this is not an inside source, and we are just going to receive information about details (like how many nurses will be in the SH house), why not just say it? It gets everyone's hopes up that there may be more to the event. That we may get the interactivity that we have been craving. 

I agree that speculating, over thinking, over analyzing can be fun. I love it, but it would be nice to know what the payoff is. 

And if the payoff is just little tidbits, fine just be honest about it. We can still play. 

As for the clue, I'm going two combine specs. 

Does anyone remember Mr. Hawthorne's full name?  R. O. H. could be for Mr. Hawthorne's full name. 

• Like 2

<_< As an archaeologist and copy editor, the fact that "archeology" was spelled incorrectly irks me. Especially considering this clue features scrabble tiles! Fail, Ifrit. Fail. /rant

Maybe he meant to misspell it? :/ it means an A is missing from the word....so an A is missing from the digging....idk I'm stretching, aren't I?

I don't like how this character is a total smart ass, getting pissed at us because we can't figure out what I'm sure he sees as clear clues. Just a little condescending...not cute.

• Like 1

I dont care WHAT Uni does for HHN. I know its gonna be good.

TWD = Good!

Zombies = Good!

More Zombies = Gooder!

See what Im saying? They always do a great event. No excuse to skip this year or any other bc of content. It will be awesome!

Exactly! I like the way you think. That's been pretty much my theory for the past 21 years... :) Sure there is always something that I'm like "Eh, didn't love it", but overall I've yet to be completely and utterly disappointed to the point that it turned me ever going again.

• Like 1

Maybe he meant to misspell it? :/ it means an A is missing from the word....so an A is missing from the digging....idk I'm stretching, aren't I?

I don't like how this character is a total smart ass, getting pissed at us because we can't figure out what I'm sure he sees as clear clues. Just a little condescending...not cute.

Well, to be fair, he is an ifrit. Given the character, I'm not expecting the most cordial of personalities, especially considering how much we busted his balls yesterday for giving us clues to things we already knew or suspected. :)

As for the clue, I'm going two combine specs.

Does anyone remember Mr. Hawthorne's full name? R. O. H. could be for Mr. Hawthorne's full name.

That's an interesting thought! Does anyone know where the stories that tied Lady Luck into the houses are? I feel that it may have been said there?

Until I see more from ifrit, I will see this has just away to past the time.

What bothers me, is if this is not an inside source, and we are just going to receive information about details (like how many nurses will be in the SH house), why not just say it? It gets everyone's hopes up that there may be more to the event. That we may get the interactivity that we have been craving.

I agree that speculating, over thinking, over analyzing can be fun. I love it, but it would be nice to know what the payoff is.

And if the payoff is just little tidbits, fine just be honest about it. We can still play.

You know how that goes, if this is an inside source, they can only say so much. And I think when it comes down to it, anyone who has any remote knowledge of the event and these sites understands that until you see it with your own eyes, don't completely count on it or believe it.

I take everything I read, regardless of the source, with a grain of salt until I step foot into Uni on employee preview night...and heck, as we all know, things change throughout the event. So what we might not see at EP or opening weekend could pop up at a later date.

I think regardless the payoff will be another amazing event :)

• Like 1

So are we staying up late on the 29th to wait for midnight!?

In 2010, I remember the website updating around 10:30-11PM the night before the official reveal day. Maybe we'll get lucky like that this year and not have to stay up till midnight or later.

• Like 1

So are we staying up late on the 29th to wait for midnight!?

I'd love to, but in my old age, that might be difficult without caffiene or booze :)

Perhaps that means I should just start drinking earlier than usual next Wednesday.

• Like 3

Not trying to be a downer here, but seriously..

But isn't that the entire point of this thread? To let people overthink, overanalyze and speculate about every possible clue provided to them, regardless if it's from Universal or not?

No that really isn't the point. The point of speculation is to speculate & weed out the fact from the fiction. But the fact that this whole instagram thing is only being toyed with on this forum and not any others should've been the first red flag. Not to mention that nobody else received this mysterious link to instagram, which anyone who remembers last year, it was a select group of people who got the link for the special clue tweets via twitter.

Like Dr Jimmy said before, what is embedded within the clues is more or less real. But as others have pointed out, these clues are not offering up anything "new" that we don't already know. If there was something NEW actually being spewed forth and not just a rehash of whats already been "unearthed" (another 'clue' that wasn't even hinted at until Dr Jimmy made the reference recently in posts) regarding the event, people shouldn't look at this instagram as a source of "info".

Don't need you all to get excited only to realize it was for nothing other than just someone else's "fun".

• Like 3

Like Dr Jimmy said before, what is embedded within the clues is more or less real. But as others have pointed out, these clues are not offering up anything "new" that we don't already know. If there was something NEW actually being spewed forth and not just a rehash of whats already been "unearthed" (another 'clue' that wasn't even hinted at until Dr Jimmy made the reference recently in posts) regarding the event, people shouldn't look at this instagram as a source of "info".

Don't need you all to get excited only to realize it was for nothing other than just someone else's "fun".

I could be COMPLETELY wrong...but I have this sneaking suspicion that TheIfrit could in fact actually BE Dr. Jimmy. But like I said, I may be WAYYYYYYYY off here haha

Not trying to be a downer here, but seriously..

No that really isn't the point. The point of speculation is to speculate & weed out the fact from the fiction. But the fact that this whole instagram thing is only being toyed with on this forum and not any others should've been the first red flag. Not to mention that nobody else received this mysterious link to instagram, which anyone who remembers last year, it was a select group of people who got the link for the special clue tweets via twitter.

Has there been anything new up til now? Nope. I'm 100% sure that it's someone from this board working with largely the same info as us, and I've been working more on the mystery of who it could be than what they're doing. But has it been a fun way to kill some time until the reveal next week? Absolutely.

And sorry to be blunt, and no rudeness meant, but I think you've kind of missed the point here. Speculation is just that. To speculate on what we might see based on the little info we have. Not to figure out the event ahead of time. There are people out there like Dr. Jimmy who like to drop clues here and there to fuel speculation, but if it was to disclose everything, then they'd just come out and say it. Who cares if we're right or not? I don't. I'm still going, and I'm still going to have fun. Right or wrong, everything's going to be revealed next week anyway. Just enjoy the ride.

I could be COMPLETELY wrong...but I have this sneaking suspicion that TheIfrit could in fact actually BE Dr. Jimmy. But like I said, I may be WAYYYYYYYY off here haha

I considered that. If it is, he's added a new layer to his trickery, since he's also been leaving big clues in other places lately, and was doing his videos before. It doesn't seem to fit his MO, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

• Like 2

I have ideas as to who it could be, but dr. J was never one of them. I feel like he would give us other types of clues, and that his clues would be less about what is "directly" in front of you and more abt making connections. But who knows, this is just a game after all ;)