HHN 22 Speculation

We're taking it on JWFearman's word.

All right, thank you. So, on one of those Post-It Notes where it says 26 > 2, right above it is (well, it looks like it to me) the same 26 > 2 but scribbled out. Maybe some form of duality or two - whatever, but corrupted somehow.

woo hoo! caught up with all my forum reading to be able to comment and participate!

I think this latest clue can be a bit misleading. We have the Silent Hill cross right smack in the middle of the page, yet thusfar the outling remarks are being speculated as story or icon hints.

To all those who know Silent Hill best:

Does any specific element have a significant meaning in the storyline?

Does " 26 more to ingruing..." also ring any bells?

Edited by L8NiteEngineer

Also, can someone please tell me where this guy posting pictures came from? How do we know this has anything to do with HHN? Is this a known account of someone in A&D or something?

It is an unknown source... Suffice to say it is just The Ifrit. I initially received a message with a link to the account. I don't know if anyone received the same message. I have been instructed not to say where it came from (not that I'd be able to tell you much anyway) and I am not to really speculate on them myself . So it is what is... eh I've had weirder things happen :P

woo hoo! caught up with all my forum reading to be able to comment and participate!

I think this latest clue can be a bit misleading. We have the Silent Hill cross right smack in the middle of the page, yet thusfar the outling remarks are being speculated as story or icon hints.

To all those who know Silent Hill best:

Does any specific element have a significant meaning in the storyline?

Does " 26 more to ingruing..." also ring any bells?

All i could find was the new movie coming out October 26

But i dont recall any "elements" being in the game. Maybe "He" refers to Pyramid Head?

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong though.

Also, Silent hill takes place in 1986

Edited by DiegoDrummer

Spitballing awesomeness and assumptions and ridiculousness....

• Part of an anagram of "Silent Hill" is surrounding the Silent Hill church cross...Si, Li, Ne, Th, Fe, Rn....re-arranged could be SiLeNT Hi...? Fe, Rn are the ones left out...)
  • Rn....RN = a nurse....nurses from silent hill?
  • Pentagram with "He" in the center (and He = He)...He being the word He, not the element itself? So...who is "He"? Devil?
  • 26 > 2, therefore Fe > He, therefore....Iron is greater (more powerful) than He....what if He is referring to God? Iron being forged in fire, right? Fire being associated with Hell....ok no, I'm stretching it too far.
  • Word on the bottom? I guess it's intriguing....but it doesn't look like it. BAH. I'm going nuts.
  • FE = 8G? Or 8L? Or 86? Handwriting is throwing me off a little....FERN...........Nerf guns. That's my guess. And the war will be a GUTS tournament. Exhausted now. I can haz nap time?

the way ur brain works is just amazing lol

Agreed. I think the Silent Hill mark means this picture/clue has to do with Silent Hill. Although, I've never seen Silent Hill, so I'm taking your word for it! LOL.

Spitballing awesomeness and assumptions and ridiculousness....

• Rn....RN = a nurse....nurses from silent hill?
  • FE = 8G? Or 8L? Or 86? Handwriting is throwing me off a little....FERN...........Nerf guns. That's my guess. And the war will be a GUTS tournament. Exhausted now. I can haz nap time?

Okay, that Rn business is kind of brilliant, actually. Nurses!!

And your FERN/Nerf gun made me literally laugh out loud! That's how I feel during speculation sometimes. I think you've earned a nap!

• Like 1

the way ur brain works is just amazing lol

Amazing in a bad way or a good way? lol bc I'm trying to interpret that for myself....*shrug* oh well

I wonder if the Ifrit itself has any sort of signifigance.

^^^^^^ precisely :) (as in: I hope so, not: I know something)

Edited by justchristy

Amazing in a bad way or a good way? lol bc I'm trying to interpret that for myself....*shrug* oh well

^^^^^^ precisely :)

amazing in a good way lol...u made my brain hurt

but to specualtion...y would these hints point at something we already have an official announcement about? yes that is clearly the SH cross but i think it all the points around it are pointing at something that hasnt been officially announced yet

• Like 1

Iron is this the metal of pyramid heads sword/head, perhaps its more metaphorical in the sense that one requires an iron like will to pass through the house...

Iron is this the metal of pyramid heads sword/head, perhaps its more metaphorical in the sense that one requires an iron like will to pass through the house...

Could the clues be pointing to a connection between Silent Hill and a backstory or Icon?

I don't mean an overall theme or backstory for the event is Silent Hill, more like connections we saw with Lady Luck and the houses last year.

And I can't help wondering about the ifrit. Considering that the cult in SH worshiped used immolation, and the ifrit is a fire demon. Could we have subtle connections between an icon or backstory like this?

I just realized a huge error I made regarding the possible symbols on the CD.

The symbol that I stated was the male symbols was actually the female symbol.

The male symbol also represents mars and iron.

*headdesks* Sorry about that mistake.

Edited by Reaper
Merged both posts into one

http://www.universal...ror-Nights.aspx

Could this be the slogan for HHN22? Speculate away!

Could this be a reference to Silent Hill? Isn't that what happens in the movie - once you enter Silent Hill you can never leave

That would be the tagline for HHN Hollywood... while it appears on the official UNI site "events" page, it does not appear on the orlando side of the HHN site. We have seen more than one tagline get used, especially last year, so i wouldn't be surprised if we also shared that tagline with Hollywood.

• Like 1

Could the clues be pointing to a connection between Silent Hill and a backstory or Icon?

I don't mean an overall theme or backstory for the event is Silent Hill, more like connections we saw with Lady Luck and the houses last year.

And I can't help wondering about the ifrit. Considering that the cult in SH worshiped used immolation, and the ifrit is a fire demon. Could we have subtle connections between an icon or backstory like this?

What if the icon is Pyramid Head? :ninja:

Kidding, I'm still backing my Ifrit theory. If it ends up being a fire demon type of icon, I think I'm going to faint and then party my pants off for having guessed it right lol....Maybe party then faint....not sure

But I love the idea of having more backstory and adding connections between the houses and possible icon/theme. Speaking of theme....

Credit goes to Designing The Fear for the find.

311960_444733645571535_1659560092_n.jpg

http://www.universal...ror-Nights.aspx

Could this be the slogan for HHN22? Speculate away!

I have to admit, I'm a little glad this isn't our theme/tagline...because I don't feel like it really goes.

I think our tagline/theme will have something to do with social media and our constant connection to the world and each other through all this media. This year, they're taking source material from games AND tv AND movies...and who knows what else. I know it's an old concept from, like, 100 pages ago on this thread, but it could be awesome if executed correctly. For example, it would be insane if they could synchronize some kind of effect with electronics in the park...like OUR electronics, our phones (our lifelines). Did Dr. Jimmy talk about that happening to him once? Deja vu moment. I don't know if that's been done before, but how creepy would that be? You really wanna scare me?....screw with my phone lol

Anyway, totally off base.....if that's our tagline too, then it's cool. But I just feel like they have something a little bigger and better up their sleeves for Orlando.

Having "faith" plays a somewhat large part in the SH movie. I'm too lazy to go into details, but yea...

Which is why I brought it up ;) I haven't seen Silent Hill (because I, too, am lazy...+chicken shit....), but from what I've heard/read about the story and game...faith is a big part of it. But why would it be in that picutre, on that paper, if that's what it even means? Maybe I'm just overanalyzing. Typical.

Oh and Wesker, I'm shocked you didn't get my Guts reference :P Who else can I trust to understand the 90's references?! Geeeeezzzzz.

Fe=86.....

i work in a kitchen and when we dont have something we are 86 that certain food....thats what i thought of when i saw that! idk if that means anything...?

omfg this is genius....86 FE.....all out of faith

O_O

This is from wiki so not the greatest source, but:

"In Plutarch's mystical writings, iron and lodestone is referred to as the "bone" or "core" of the gods. Symbolically, iron is the bone, the foundation or the mineral core of both blood and red ochre."

The quote from our mysterious friend. 

"Knowledge does very little when what is known cuts to your core and chills to the bone"

Found it interesting. Also iron was used to repel or kill creatures in mythology.

So 26 > 2 could be - Iron is stronger than He.

And if it's Fe = 86, Fe could be what is necessary to kill, or 86 He.

The phrase a that something or someone has been 86ed (meaning killed) is common.

15f6a20ceb1711e1a74f1231380fcc36_7.jpg

It is a screenshot of 3 quotes. All the quotes are by Magaret Thatcher aka The Iron Lady.

Quote from The Ifrit:

"I'm feeling benevolent so I'll gift you one more: sometimes the shorthand isn't short for the ore."

It appears the message is saying Fe is not representative of iron, but then the picture gives us quotes from the Iron Lady.

It's confusing.

• Like 1

It is a screenshot of 3 quotes. All the quotes are by Magaret Thatcher aka The Iron Lady.

Quote from The Ifrit:

"I'm feeling benevolent so I'll gift you one more: sometimes the shorthand isn't short for the ore."

It appears the message is saying Fe is not representative of iron, but then the picture gives us quotes from the Iron Lady.

It's confusing.

Iron Lady...or Iron Maiden perhaps??

And as for the quote that goes with it - the fact that it's saying that Fe doesn't refer to ore could further support my "86 faith" thoughts from earlier.

Iron Lady...or Iron Maiden perhaps??

And as for the quote that goes with it - the fact that it's saying that Fe doesn't refer to ore could further support my "86 faith" thoughts from earlier.

I think the lady part is more important than the iron part.

FE could be shorthand for female. The quote specifically mentions shorthand. Fe isn't shorthand for faith.

What if 86 isn't 86. The lines seem too straight for an 8. It could be an hour glass symbol which usually denotes years. So it could be 6 years, or if the 6 is actually an L, it could be 50 years.

I'm still confused by it. Especially considering the Plutarch writings which mention iron being the bone or core.

I can tell I've missed clues this year. These clues (even though the source is unknown) have me fascinated.

• Like 1

What if 86 isn't 86. The lines seem too straight for an 8. It could be an hour glass symbol which usually denotes years. So it could be 6 years, or if the 6 is actually an L, it could be 50 years.

I considered that as well. The 86 looks like it could also be the Roman Numerals XL, which would be 40.