HHN 22 Speculation

I'll go on record as saying I MUCH prefer the original houses, and, frankly, I'm thrilled we aren't getting TCM. However, an announcement from HHNO any time would be nice.

Last note for clarification on Stephen King - he hated Kubrick's "The Shining" because he felt the main idea of the story was not properly represented. It's more about alcoholism than anything else in the book. While I love ol' Jack in Kubrick's version, I didn't really take that movie as a true adaptation of King's work because, in the movie, Jack came off as crazy right from the start. In the book, he's not. He's a dedicated family man with a bad history when he was drinking which is why he is stone cold sober before he takes the job. His insanity is a real progression fueled by the underlying alcoholism. AND, in the book, his wife is hot. I don't think I need further explanation there. ^_^

Girl, you're gonna give yourself a headache with all these connections! His riddles have been solved, so I'd save your energy for the next batch! But, you do prove a point that you can create connections between almost anything if you want to.

We won't be getting Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Orlando will only have 7 houses this year, so we're awaiting the announcement of the final three.

Even so, we had Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 2007. I know not everyone had the chance to see it, but I don't understand how the fandom switches from: "I want all original houses! Original houses are so much better!" to "I want IPs! Give me all of the repeat houses!" so quickly. LOL.

I went to the 2007 one though, and i LOVED IT. I'm just saying, TCM would be awesome, seeing as it was my fav house back in 07 along with Dead Silence and NOES

I'll go on record as saying I MUCH prefer the original houses, and, frankly, I'm thrilled we aren't getting TCM. However, an announcement from HHNO any time would be nice.

Last note for clarification on Stephen King - he hated Kubrick's "The Shining" because he felt the main idea of the story was not properly represented. It's more about alcoholism than anything else in the book. While I love ol' Jack in Kubrick's version, I didn't really take that movie as a true adaptation of King's work because, in the movie, Jack came off as crazy right from the start. In the book, he's not. He's a dedicated family man with a bad history when he was drinking which is why he is stone cold sober before he takes the job. His insanity is a real progression fueled by the underlying alcoholism. AND, in the book, his wife is hot. I don't think I need further explanation there. ^_^

Additionally, King wanted the film shot at the Stanley Hotel where he wrote the book and where his inspiration came from, and Kubrick basically told him no; that he wanted to shoot at a couple random hotels instead. That's why the mini-series that was done in the 90's, which had more direct involvement by King, was shot at the Stanley Hotel.

Girl, you're gonna give yourself a headache with all these connections! His riddles have been solved, so I'd save your energy for the next batch! But, you do prove a point that you can create connections between almost anything if you want to.

We won't be getting Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Orlando will only have 7 houses this year, so we're awaiting the announcement of the final three.

Even so, we had Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 2007. I know not everyone had the chance to see it, but I don't understand how the fandom switches from: "I want all original houses! Original houses are so much better!" to "I want IPs! Give me all of the repeat houses!" so quickly. LOL.

You'll never hear me complain about anything HHN. As long as it kicks ass I'm all for it!

With that said.... DubStep has we worried. But sounds like we dodged that! I hope for Hollywood it surprises us...

Oops.. Double.

Glad we won't be getting TCM but we knew wouldn't be getting it. As for the possible update... you guys don't think we could get it on Friday? I know its unorthodox of them but it would be 5 weeks from opening night and with how different things seem to be this year, it wouldn't surprise me. This is probably just me hoping to have something to occupy me over the weekend between fantasy football drafts but one can hope.

Edited by LuitaChris

HHN fans, we’ve announced 4 of our hair-raising haunted houses featuring the demented worlds of Silent Hill, the flesh eating zombies of AMC’s The Walking Dead, the cryptic mind of Alice Cooper, and the bad boys of magic, Penn & Teller.

How about a little bit more…we don’t want to give it all away, what fun is there in that? But here’s a little tease to get your skin crawling…

386994_10151033508948233_527787589_n.jpg

I'm thinking kids room in the Victorian mansion. As much as I like Dead Silence, it doesn't fit with Classic Monsters. Unless Classic Monsters is really a 100 years of horror house. The way I see it classic monsters are the Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature from Black Lagoon, Hunchback, Phantom of the Opera etc.

• Like 5

UNI has tried for years... its never going to happen. Besides, anything that would be seen has been done at HHN already so it'd be redundant to pay for his name to be attached. Stephen King is very protective of his work, so the whole "if the idea was right" doesn't work because no translation of his books has been how he wrote them. There really wouldn't be anything special by having his name with the event.

:blink: That's like saying there really wouldn't be anything special by having Santa Claus personally show up at a Christmas event. I've been reading King for as long as I can remember and few authors have as loyal of a fan base as he does. Stamp King's name on a freaking coffee cup at HHN and you would automatically increase attendance ten fold. Never say never, what might have not sounded like a good idea to him in the past very well could in the future.

It is up to the Master of Horror himself to decide to contract for a haunted house. His decision and his decision alone. If he wants it done, he will approach the Studios or BG or where ever he wants to see it happen.

We know he's been burnt in the past regarding movies. He has become very protective of his properties.

Precisely! If he does decide to enter the Halloween event realm, he'll do it on his own accord. We may not see it in the near future, but whose to say it eventually won't happen? King is not only a brilliant author but a shrewd business man. Maybe one day he'll decide that a house will be an out of the box way to promote one of his upcoming works or showcase previous ones in a new light.

And yes, regarding past movies he has definitely been burnt. "The Stand" was the only book of his which I thought was adapted even remotely well into a mini-series...movie wise, I can't think of any of them that I have been able to sit through.

I have never really grasped that flip flopping of "I want original houses" verses "No, I want IPs" either. I'm pretty happy with whatever we get on a yearly basis. To me, regardless as to whether the house is original or an IP, your either going to personally wind up loving it or not loving it. I've come to the conclusion that people just have to have something to complain about when it comes to this event.

I have to say that TCM was a really well done house. After going to this event for 22 years, I will honestly say that was the first and only house that I had reservations about going in because I knew it would freak me out. Wound up being a very well done house and one of my favorites of that particular year.

• Like 2

Could this be something from the Victorian House?

I'm thinking kids room in the Victorian mansion

May be going out on a limb here... But I think that doll is in the Victorian ghost house. I just have a hunch.

Glad i'm not the only one who came to this conclusion.

• Like 1

No Idea about this one. A lot of people are saying goosebumps but I cant see how that fits into any of the statments we have been given (and worked out). It has to be a 'Dead Silence' room in the 100th Anniversary house (if it was actually approved) or a room in the 'Victorian Mansion' house. I just cant see it being goosebumps even if so of the facts would point it in that direction.

Observations regarding the doll.

It's not a puppet. It may be painted to look like a puppet but it's not one. The mouth is fixed and the side seams are painted on. The puppet may be a marionette instead of a ventriloquist dummy. Or Uni didn't bother with making a true dummy.

As for the hand in the pic. It's a regular baby doll hand.

I'm going to speculate that this is from our "Victorian House" and it's a child's room.

• Like 3

Observations regarding the doll.

It's not a puppet. It may be painted to look like a puppet but it's not one. The mouth is fixed and the side seams are painted on. The puppet may be a marionette instead of a ventriloquist dummy. Or Uni didn't bother with making a true dummy.

As for the hand in the pic. It's a regular baby doll hand.

I'm going to speculate that this is from our "Victorian House" and it's a child's room.

I think this is a very good shout. I said the exact same thing in a post on Facebook and I think it is most likely to be the 'Victorian House'. The only other thing is that it is from the '100th year' house. After all Dead Silence was a really popular house!