HHN 22 Speculation

I was thinking about the ghost SZ and Hope that they use costumes that are not similar at all to the LT house.. I just never liked those! Any ideas on what is going in BJ? It must be some kind of musical... all this talk about Jack the Ripper/ Body Collectors made me think of Sweeny Todd which would be a cool show to do.

I was just in a production of Sweeney Todd. Bloody fun! But it's too long and complicated for HHN haha

• Like 1

I was thinking about the ghost SZ and Hope that they use costumes that are not similar at all to the LT house.. I just never liked those! Any ideas on what is going in BJ? It must be some kind of musical...

well the LT costumes worked for that house (if you got your timing right).. They could either go the LT ghost route or the 2004 ghost town "ghost" route.

Its unknown what will be in the Beetlejuice theater. A musical type show shouldn't be expected, keep in mind they had Brian Brushwood in there in 2010. So it could really be anything....

Or they could be directly referencing all the Facebook posts begging for an update...

That was my initial thought, but the wording is just too weird and suggestive. We all know how they are at Universal marketing, they like to slip in clues where they can, and be smartie pants about it. You could very well be right, and it may just be telling everyone to stfu bc what they want is coming...but it could also be a reference to something more, and I think that's worth exploring.

Also "We know you've been dying to SEE more"...I think this may mean an update to the website, in more ways than they've been doing lately....maybe we'll start playing games?

I think you've picked up on an important word choice... see more instead of hear more. Does anyone remember the twitter/facebook pictures we received last year as clues for the houses? Perhaps now that we're done with IPs, we'll move into that kind of reveal leading up to the website update.

We know you've been dying to see more on what we have in store for you this year. Remember, you wanted it...another update is coming soon...

In store....like merch? You wanted it...more hoodies? Update is coming soon...Monday? hmmmm....

Hahaha! I wish! I didn't get a hoodie last year... I'll be crossing my fingers for their return!

• Like 1

<---------------- "IT" is Pennywise the clown - now and forever. Hands down, the scariest character for me from any story, movie, etc. As much as I'd love to see HHN do something with Stephen King, I just don't see it happening except in my dreams.

Back on topic:

I think you've picked up on an important word choice... see more instead of hear more. Does anyone remember the twitter/facebook pictures we received last year as clues for the houses? Perhaps now that we're done with IPs, we'll move into that kind of reveal leading up to the website update.

Hahaha! I wish! I didn't get a hoodie last year... I'll be crossing my fingers for their return!

I thought the Twitter pics were GREAT last year - that and the quotes they kept sending out. This is the kind of thing I'm still hoping for. I love that interactive stuff, and they are SO GOOD with it. I can't believe they aren't planning to do something similar this year. I agree on the use of "see more" as opposed to "hear more" that this points to this very thing.

As much as I'd love to see HHN do something with Stephen King, I just don't see it happening except in my dreams.

I can't believe they aren't planning to do something similar this year.

Its already been confirmed that Stephen King won't let haunts use his material, despite the fact his name shows up on surveys.

Well we don't know what they are and are not planning to do as far as teasers go. Last year, they were doing something different in honor of the whole "try your luck" aspect. However, we might still see concept art or in-house pics like always. They've done it the past few years and so has Hollywood. So I wouldn't give up on that part just yet.

Just bc Stephen King said no haunts can use his stuff doesn't mean he will NEVER let anyone use his stuff. People change their minds.

I bet if the idea was right and more importantly the MONEY is right Im sure King would go for it. Im not saying its happening this year but you never know for the coming years. I personally wold think it would be pretty awesome to have a King house.

Just bc Stephen King said no haunts can use his stuff doesn't mean he will NEVER let anyone use his stuff. People change their minds.

I bet if the idea was right and more importantly the MONEY is right Im sure King would go for it. Im not saying its happening this year but you never know for the coming years. I personally wold think it would be pretty awesome to have a King house.

I personally agree. One year a Stephen King house will happen. Not saying they have one planned right now but it's inevitable. His material is just too popular and abundant and money talks in the long run

UNI has tried for years... its never going to happen. Besides, anything that would be seen has been done at HHN already so it'd be redundant to pay for his name to be attached. Stephen King is very protective of his work, so the whole "if the idea was right" doesn't work because no translation of his books has been how he wrote them. There really wouldn't be anything special by having his name with the event.

Its already been confirmed that Stephen King won't let haunts use his material, despite the fact his name shows up on surveys.

Really?? I have to say, I'm pretty damn shocked by this. I had visions of them doing an SK theme one year and having him show for a night during the event as a "special guest".. oh yes, I've daydreamed about that. It never would've occurred to me that HE would be the one to nix this idea. I'm going to see him do a live reading in Boston in December. If they do a Q&A, I'm gonna flat out ask him why he wouldn't get involved with HHN/

UNI has tried for years... its never going to happen. Besides, anything that would be seen has been done at HHN already so it'd be redundant to pay for his name to be attached. Stephen King is very protective of his work, so the whole "if the idea was right" doesn't work because no translation of his books has been how he wrote them. There really wouldn't be anything special by having his name with the event.

I 100% disagree with you on your last statement. I can tell you right now 500 extra people that would instantly show up at that event if his name were attached.. and these are just nerds I know. As for what could be seen - well, Penn & Teller got the chance to create their own house, didn't they? You'd have to wonder what SK would do with that kind of opportunity. It doesn't have to be something that he's already done. He might be "protective" of his work to some extent - but Google what a "Dollar Baby" is, and you'll see that he's not as protective as you think.

I will agree that many translations of his books to movie have been marginal or downright crappy. And then there are the truly inspired translations like "Stand by Me" or "The Shawshank Redemption" or "Misery" that makes me think it's worth sifting through hours of crap in order to find the true diamonds that those movies are.

Sorry for the off topic rant / soap box - but I'm pretty sure that as much as you all are HHN authorities, I've got you beat on this topic by far, and I can't help myself but to comment when his name comes up.

I will agree that many translations of his books to movie have been marginal or downright crappy. And then there are the truly inspired translations like "Stand by Me" or "The Shawshank Redemption" or "Misery" that makes me think it's worth sifting through hours of crap in order to find the true diamonds that those movies are.

I was looking through the Doc's clues for SZ's this year, particularly the 8 statements, and in pondering/googling, I came across an interesting coincidence that you just happened to mention. One of his clues was "Be Seeing You"...which I know a lot of people have attributed to the idea of a SZ dedicated to prisoners, because it's a quote from that particular TV show. I also like the idea of Eddie's return, though I know it's been shot down as never being a possibility again. But then I got to thinking...and Misery, the film, uses that particular song by Billie Holiday. Interesting connection, I thought...I know it's a stretch, and I doubt they would do a Stephen King-inspired SZ...just food for thought :)

We've had the King discussion before, if you're interested look at page 11 on this thread and you can pretty much see why we won't get a King approved house/sz anytime soon if ever. I thought I would never say this, but I agree with Wesker.

He is, to a point. From what I understand, he'll let you make a film adaptation of any of his works that haven't already been optioned, so long as it's not-for-profit; i.e. student films, etc...

Extra side note: The film "Stand by me" featured the song "Lollipop" by the Chordettes, another clue from the Doc.

Just saying :)

But seriously, in terms of the lollipop clue, this video game, released by WB this year, seems like good inspiration for a great SZ...cheerleaders and chainsaws, fighting zombies....

http://us.lollipopchainsaw.com/index.php#/trailer

Edited by justchristy

Sorry mate but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm not a massive Stephen King fan but it's plainly clear a house with his name on would have just as much pull as a house with Silent Hill or The Walking Dead on it. You or I cannot for definite say whether they will or will not agree a deal with King in the future. Just because he has said no in the past does not mean he won't change his mind. Especially if they continue to make such good houses based off written sources like last years Poe house. Penn and Teller have had a hands on role in their house this year according to reports so there is nothing stopping King doing this in the future also. Once again I'm not disputing your info that he's refused in the past but you cannot guarantee things that have no guarantees.

• Like 1

Looks like Hollywood is getting TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE!

LUCKY!!!!

Are you Stephan King?????? ;)

I'm gonna jump in on the King discussion just for a moment.

It is up to the Master of Horror himself to decide to contract for a haunted house. His decision and his decision alone. If he wants it done, he will approach the Studios or BG or where ever he wants to see it happen.

We know he's been burnt in the past regarding movies. He has become very protective of his properties.

I also wouldn't count on a meet & greet with him, if we ever do get an event. He rarely does speaking engagements, and he isn't very fond of them.

Has for anything linked to him being at this year's event, it would be all over The Dark Tower forums, and Uni would have announced it already. He would indeed be a bigger pull for the masses then SH, AC, TWD, or P&T.

Also if he agrees, people would have to accept a non-Kubrick based The Shining. He despises that adaptation.

Extra side note: The film "Stand by me" featured the song "Lollipop" by the Chordettes, another clue from the Doc.

Just saying :)

Girl, you're gonna give yourself a headache with all these connections! His riddles have been solved, so I'd save your energy for the next batch! But, you do prove a point that you can create connections between almost anything if you want to.

Looks like Hollywood is getting TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE!

LUCKY!!!!

We won't be getting Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Orlando will only have 7 houses this year, so we're awaiting the announcement of the final three.

Even so, we had Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 2007. I know not everyone had the chance to see it, but I don't understand how the fandom switches from: "I want all original houses! Original houses are so much better!" to "I want IPs! Give me all of the repeat houses!" so quickly. LOL.

Girl, you're gonna give yourself a headache with all these connections! His riddles have been solved, so I'd save your energy for the next batch! But, you do prove a point that you can create connections between almost anything if you want to.

Hey, I'm nothing if not obsessively thorough and investigative. I'm a Scorpio, it's what I do :)

Now that the TCM announcement was made for HHNH, I still think my Lollipop Chainsaw theory could work out as a SZ...idk seems a little coincidental.

I really need to stop making all these connections while at work -____-

• Like 1