HHN 22 Speculation

Animatronic COTBL over a scareactor for our event? hah. He'd definitely be a scareactor & its not that technologically complex. its very simple to create a scene for him. Hell i would expect bubble (real, not suds) & water effects.

Phantom of the Opera

Dracula

Frankenstein

The Mummy

Wolfman

Bride of Frankenstein

Creature From The Black Lagoon

just to name the basics that we should expect to encounter.

To do him right would take at least a full half body suit, depending on the scene. Considering cast changes and wear and tear through the event, a number of suits would be needed, which may be cost prohibitive given the level of detailing and materials needed. That's why I was thinking animatronic. Nothing fancy, mind you, probably just a pneumatic that would pop out of fog or something with an accompanying noise. The figure itself wouldn't even really need to move.

I could also see them throwing in The Hunchback, unless he gets moved over to the Gargoyle house.

You're forgetting one key aspect of the rumored house... its supposed to be in the style of Dead Exposure... so the costume wouldn't require anything spectacularly detailed or elaborate. Basically a somewhat form fitting jumpsuit with Creature "claws" & a mask.

Guys.... just a heads up...

Singapore discussion can be found here:

And Japan discussion can be found here: http://www.horrornig...an/#entry105889

So I post about Singapore and Japan just updating their page, I even mentioned Wesker69 in my post... it somehow gets removed and 15 min later you have posted the same thing? Didnt this happen last night when SGT623 posted the video about the dragons?

Anyways Singapore is getting Puppet Master.. think we will ever see this Icon in our HHN?

You're forgetting one key aspect of the rumored house... its supposed to be in the style of Dead Exposure... so the costume wouldn't require anything spectacularly detailed or elaborate. Basically a somewhat form fitting jumpsuit with Creature "claws" & a mask.

You know, I wonder if people are getting too focused on the DE aspect of this house. They could be referring to it more in that the house is more generally controlling the light and dark and how attendees interact with it, or that we'll get strobe effects in parts of it via "lightning." I think people are assuming it will be DE with Uni Monsters instead of zombies, and we haven't gotten word one way or another just how similar it will be. And a straight copy of the style in DE really won't work well with the Monsters imo, unless they change up some other things too. As was mentioned earlier, the house summary for Monsters Remixed would technically fit this house, and that's completely different. Plus, we haven't even gotten confirmation that this house even exists! Until we know what this house will actually contain, I will operate under the assumption that it's not exactly the same, and a form fitting jumpsuit would look awful for this character; especially considering the amount of details this monster in particular has. Even with only a second or two to see him, it could be painfully obvious that something's not right, depending on how they present him.

I would prefer the COTBL be a scareactor. If it was an Animatronic it could possibly break down or what not...and some people could miss his scare...So I prefer it be played by a scareactor!

I agree 100%. I would much rather have a scare actor. Just trying to think of feasible, accurate ways they could present the character without ridiculous costs for just one character in one house.

• Like 1

I hope TWD house has Little Zombie Sophia! And do you think that they will recycle the Wolfman/ Frank/ Drac costumes used in Silver Screen?

Oh and WESKER do you know if the costumes for the Classic monsters be like black and what or what not to go with the "Dead Exposure Style"

Good point! I wonder if they will all be Black and White costumes painted over from 2009

I'm kinda confused as to why the Creature can't just be a costume. It's not like the old movie's costume was all that advanced.

01chapmanmonster-pop.jpg

There's a lot of detail there. A one off isn't so bad. I'm just thinking about the need for multiple costumes per night, even with just one per cast. And again, depending on how well lit is is (and Creature was never really a dark film), it could be very obvious that a cheaper costume is just that. Perhaps technologic was a poor choice of words. What I meant was, from a costuming standpoint, it's more complex and detailed than say a black jacket with shoulder pads, or gauze wraps, or a lot of fake fur and claws.

And if the suit tears or otherwise has an accident, especially depending on where it happens, it might be more expensive to fix than just sewing up a shirt. All of that is potentially more cost prohibitive than a "stationary" animatronic or pneumatic creature.

But this is all just spec, based on if the house happens, and if it's closely aligned to DE or not, and if the Creature is even in it...

look at the picture.. he is already DE black/white ready for the house!

And do you think the Infested Clue about Sting Alley could reference any kind of mini show there... I could be wrong but I think it was the Director who had the Infested show before

Edited by Villafane

So I post about Singapore and Japan just updating their page, I even mentioned Wesker69 in my post... it somehow gets removed and 15 min later you have posted the same thing? Didnt this happen last night when SGT623 posted the video about the dragons?

Anyways Singapore is getting Puppet Master.. think we will ever see this Icon in our HHN?

The Singapore post was a honest mistake, it should have been moved to the Singapore forum. Sorry for that!

Oh and WESKER do you know if the costumes for the Classic monsters be like black and what or what not to go with the "Dead Exposure Style"

Thats one of the things I was wondering myself. if it'd be the white blacklight reflective paint similar to DE's zombies or if they'd be in color.

And do you think that they will recycle the Wolfman/ Frank/ Drac costumes used in Silver Screen?

Good point! I wonder if they will all be Black and White costumes painted over from 2009

Phantom of the Opera in Silver Screams was done as an actual "black/white" film with a lighting effect to make it seem like an old film reel. But considering Dracula wasn't even in his own house, there is no costume (besides it would be out of place since that house was meant to be Vlad the Impaler period Dracula). The only Frankenstein that was truly "classic" was the one seen in the Horrorwood Die-In scarezone. Wolfman... those were expensive masks, painting them would be bad.

Don't expect a recycle of costumes. Keep in mind each costume was specific to its own house. So the costumes are going to have to be somewhat "new" for this house. Whether the house is in the style of DE or its the monsters reimagined & pumped full of horror steroids, reusing previous costumes for them won't really work to well.

look at the picture.. he is already DE black/white ready for the house!

And do you think the Infested Clue about Sting Alley could reference any kind of mini show there... I could be wrong but I think it was the Director who had the Infested show before

The "infested" clue was a mistake by Legacy, and it was referring to The Rat Lady.

• Like 1

I hope TWD house has Little Zombie Sophia! And do you think that they will recycle the Wolfman/ Frank/ Drac costumes used in Silver Screen?

The Walking Dead discussion is here:

that stuff about Sofia should be in spoilers since not everyone has seen the show yet

We know you've been dying to see more on what we have in store for you this year. Remember, you wanted it...another update is coming soon...

OK...does anyone else think their wording is a little.... well, suggestive of something? "what we have in store for you"...."remember you wanted it"...."coming soon".....

Particularly the "remember, you wanted it" part...are they referring to the survey we all used to basically tell them how sort-of-kind-of-maybe-perhaps disappointed we've been in the website and everything? It almost sounds threatening....in the great, HHN way of course. Like something fans have been wanting BACK, or asking for incessantly from the beginning?....

Thoughts? Am I just looking for clues where there are none?

OK...does anyone else think their wording is a little.... well, suggestive of something? "what we have in store for you"...."remember you wanted it"...."coming soon".....

Particularly the "remember, you wanted it" part...are they referring to the survey we all used to basically tell them how sort-of-kind-of-maybe-perhaps disappointed we've been in the website and everything? It almost sounds threatening....in the great, HHN way of course. Like something fans have been wanting BACK, or asking for incessantly from the beginning?....

Thoughts? Am I just looking for clues where there are none?

it does sounds kind of threatening and like a warning lol

• Like 1

Just found something interesting. Maybe just a coincidence, despite my disbelief in such things.

There's a new movie coming out called Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise that looks like what we in Miami would call "un paquete"...translates to "a package", but basically means a big, loud, overdone, overrated movie....Universal is distributing it internationally...near the end of the trailer, Cruise, who plays a good-bad-boy cop with an enviable six pack and cool kid karate moves, menacingly says to some goons, "Remember, you wanted this" before beating them all up in an unlikely 10-on-1 scenario.

I know, totally off, but it's worth noting, even if only for coincidental purposes.

I'm not suggesting anything, I just think the "Jack" reference is interesting...which got me to thinking....Jack the Ripper anyone? Would that perhaps tie in with the Victorian house? Maybe this is wishful thinking instead of speculating...I'll leave that to all of you.

Also "We know you've been dying to SEE more"...I think this may mean an update to the website, in more ways than they've been doing lately....maybe we'll start playing games?

Edited by justchristy

"un paquete"...translates to "a package", but basically means big

^thanks for the lulz... what? like i'm seriously the only one who got lulz from it being called a "package" ....and not just anyone's... Tom Cruise's package.

anyway... highly unlikely on the Jack the Ripper aspect. We did technically already have Jack the Ripper in 2008's "Body Collectors: Collections of the Past" house. One of the guys i know was that specific role and after he'd slit his whore's throat he'd come after me with that blade.... apparently I looked like a whore <_< but nah... very doubtful. the victorian house is supposed to be more "haunted".

• Like 1

^thanks for the lulz... what? like i'm seriously the only one who got lulz from it being called a "package" ....and not just anyone's... Tom Cruise's package.

anyway... highly unlikely on the Jack the Ripper aspect. We did technically already have Jack the Ripper in 2008's "Body Collectors: Collections of the Past" house. One of the guys i know was that specific role and after he'd slit his whore's throat he'd come after me with that blade.... apparently I looked like a whore <_< but nah... very doubtful. the victorian house is supposed to be more "haunted".

*shrug* it was worth a try :) I'll always be a body collectors fan...the original buffy episode was one of the creepiest things I saw as a teenager (my horror experiences up to that time were limited to whatever creepy stories those friday night "are you afraid of the dark?" episodes threw at me...) so bringing it to life all over again just gives me goosebumps...the smiling faces, the gore....bahhh that's scary.

anyway, like i said, maybe it's alluding to the website opening up and becoming less of a plain information source and more of a playground for us HHN junkies

oh and the package thing meant like an actual package...not package like....well, you know.....oh whatever, the body collectors thought you were an appetizing whore :P lol

Edited by justchristy

The Walking Dead discussion is here:

that stuff about Sofia should be in spoilers since not everyone has seen the show yet

Sorry about the spoiler alert.. I just assumed every HHN fan must be a Walking Dead fan.. And thanks Black Mask for pointing out where TWD forum is, I was originally just talking about the costumes.. just threw in TWD thing because it was on my mind... didnt know it bothered you that much :wacko: lol

I was thinking about the ghost SZ and Hope that they use costumes that are not similar at all to the LT house.. I just never liked those! Any ideas on what is going in BJ? It must be some kind of musical... all this talk about Jack the Ripper/ Body Collectors made me think of Sweeny Todd which would be a cool show to do.

^^^ is this in the wrong forum for these ideas? lol

Edited by Villafane