HHN 22 Speculation

You guys are associating the wrong type of setting. Just because a certain type of music is used, doesn't mean it will have a specific setting known for that music. Free your mind of these "oh its dubstep/techno, it MUST be a club setting" type of thoughts. Hollywood is "remixing" its most famous creations... remember how we did pretty much the same with Frankenstein in 2009?

I personally hope the parade building house is similar to Hollywood's "Universal Monsters Remix".... complete with the music. Mostly because it seems half of you hate the idea of it :P

Ever seen Black Swan? If not, forgive my reference, but there is a part in the movie where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis roll and go to this random club with strobing green and red lights and annoyingly repetitive yet entrancing dance music. I'm giving the example bc if you picture that type of environment in a house...sophocatingly loud, hypnotic music and strobing lights that only let you see faint flashes of what's in front of you every now and then...suddenly the idea becomes sort of terrifying in a fantastic way. It's not about the music...it's about what they do with it to flood your senses :) so, while I completely understand your point, I think that type of music can enhance the environment in a great way, if done right.

I saw the movie, and for me there was nothing terrifying in a fantastic way about that, it was just, well, dramatic, but nothing else

You guys are associating the wrong type of setting. Just because a certain type of music is used, doesn't mean it will have a specific setting known for that music. Free your mind of these "oh its dubstep/techno, it MUST be a club setting" type of thoughts. Hollywood is "remixing" its most famous creations... remember how we did pretty much the same with Frankenstein in 2009?

I personally hope the parade building house is similar to Hollywood's "Universal Monsters Remix".... complete with the music. Mostly because it seems half of you hate the idea of it

I would laugh my butt off if people end up liking it and you end up hating it LOL

I would laugh my butt off if people end up liking it and you end up hating it LOL

Ugh... trust me. It wouldn't be the first time, 2009 seemed like my "dream" event... but the 3 monster houses (Dracula, Frankenstein & Wolfman) were awful. Then don't get me started on the fact my fave monster (Phantom) got the shaft by being stuck in an "All Nite Die-In 3" house, despite the fact he was on the damn facade :chainsaw:

So yea... there is a very good chance I won't like this year's parade building house. lol

Ugh... trust me. It wouldn't be the first time, 2009 seemed like my "dream" event... but the 3 monster houses (Dracula, Frankenstein & Wolfman) were awful. Then don't get me started on the fact my fave monster (Phantom) got the shaft by being stuck in an "All Nite Die-In 3" house, despite the fact he was on the damn facade :chainsaw:

So yea... there is a very good chance I won't like this year's parade building house. lol

that is interesting, lol, I really liked the houses that year, but really hated the scarezones, they were pretty bad, I liked the monster houses

I agree that Phantom was not done as well as it could have

I know it sounds like bitching, but the idea they have for CA just sound so awful, It might be good, maybe, there is a small chance for that, but it seems so unlikely, just seems so weird,

Edited by black mask
  • Like 1

I think if anything we deserve to get either a Rob Zombie house, or a house of the 1000 corpses house, CA has gotten those how many times? more than a couple,

if we are being influenced by HHN CA, I really wish they brought the zombie here, to Florida, I really wish they did that, instead of a Dubstep house

• Like 2

Hollywood has gotten House of 1000 Corpses 3 times... (technically).

Their first Rob Zombie house was in 1999 "The Thrilling Chilling World of Rob Zombie".

In 2000, they got "Rob Zombie's American Nightmare" which was essentially "House of 1000 Corpses", but since the movie wasn't made yet you could theoretically deem it "original".

2010 & 2011's House of 1000 Corpses was 3D.

I personally would NOT want to see Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses at the Orlando event. Whether its the 2000 "American Nightmare" version or the 3D version. I'd rather see "Thrilling Chilling World of Rob Zombie" or something "original" and NOT based on any of his movies.

a Dubstep house

People are looking at this all wrong... its NOT a "dubstep house". It is a classic monster house with a soundtrack that is "not of the norm" for the characters. Everyone seems to be focusing on the wrong aspect of the house (err maze).

I know everybody's saying this is only happening in Hollywood, but...

Set within the antechambers of an eerily gothic castle, the new “Universal Monsters Remix” maze will unleash a cast of movies most legendary creatures, including Frankenstein’s Monster and his Bride, Dracula and his Brides, Phantom of the Opera and The Wolf Man. From deep within the stone fortress, accompanied by ominous strobe lighting effects, guests will traverse dark and dank arteries of rotting catacombs, hallowed underground crypts and pagan sacrificial burial chambers. Laced with the murmur of dialog from Universal’s catalog of horror films, guests will be besieged by the relentless sounds of high-energy, horror-inspired dance, dub-step and industrial music.

What was the DE/Classic Monsters house concept again?

• Like 1

I know everybody's saying this is only happening in Hollywood, but...

What was the DE/Classic Monsters house concept again?

I must admit, my heart sank a bit when the announcement came yesterday. Our Dead Exposure/Classic Monsters house could easily be this Monsters Remixed based on that description.

My only hope is that A&D has been reading the forums, saw our excitement over a Dead Exposure-like house, and was like: "Crap! Scrap the dubstep! Grab some UV lights! DE with Classic Monsters? Why didn't we think of that??" (And before I start anything, that's a joke).

Monsters Remixed (or whatever it's called) could be the DE house we heard about, but featuring dubstep as a soundtrack. Guess we'll know soon enough.

As far as dubstep goes....ew.

I mean I'd give the house a chance, but its the first actual idea that I've seen this year that seems bad. I mean I know they need an overlay for the HoH but I don't see exactly why Dubstep is a central part of any maze...

Wesker, how did you not like the Wolfman and Dracula houses in 2009? That just astounds me! I thought they were fantastic. They were actually in my top 5 over the last 7 years I've attended.

Whatever they do with the Monsters, I just hope it's with the respect they deserve. They are classics for a reason. I'm really looking forward to finding out exactly what that house will be.

• Like 1

I'm old so I had no clue what dubstep was. Jumped over to last.fm and listened to some. I'm sorry but this stuff has no place in a horror themed maze. Especially a classic monsters one if that is what Orlando is truly getting. Give me gothic pipe organ and plenty of it. Yes my mind is closed on this one. ;)

Edited by georgemoe
  • Like 3

I'm old so I had no clue what dubstep was. Jumped over to last.fm and listened to some. I'm sorry but this stuff has no place in a horror themed maze. Especially a classic monsters one if that is what Orlando is truly getting. Give me gothic pipe organ and plenty of it. Yes my mind is closed on this one. ;)

Layed out properly, they could pull it off. I wouldn't mind something like this.

• Like 1

Seems to me that the music would be distracting. I can't even shop stores that play that stuff. It drives me crazy! Really hoping Orlando goes a different direction with the classic monsters. Some things don't need to brought up to date. Hence the word "Classic".

• Like 1

Wesker, how did you not like the Wolfman and Dracula houses in 2009?

Easily... The Wolfman house was simply the movie trailer, nothing more. The woods (beginning of the house) & the cavern-like trench/finale (end of the house) were the only two scenes/section that were decent. I know they were limited on what could be done inside the house, but it would've made for a better scarezone.

Dracula... ugh.. That was just a house of vampiric whores (errr "brides"). There was like a total of roughly 3 "Draculas" in the house. It was a complete joke. And the masks on some of those scareactors that weren't fortunate enough to get fangs were awful. There was a total lack of presence from Dracula. While the facade looked great (and historical for that matter), they could've had the Crypt Keeper in the empty throne at the facade entrance and called the house "Tales From The Crypt: Bordello of Blood". <_<

I could see the dubstep idea working in a new age horror themed house like shock horror or slasher style but it could be a good way to introduce the classic characters to a new generation

I could see the dubstep idea working in a new age horror themed house like shock horror or slasher style but it could be a good way to introduce the classic characters to a new generation

• Like 1

I'm sorry but this stuff has no place in a horror themed maze.

Thats what people say about specific house themes... and event themes in general... until they see it executed and realize "wow. i can't believe they made that into something truly terrifying" or "that was awesome".

• Like 1

IDK it sure sounds like our house we've been hearing about for a while. Maybe they will be slightly different.

Music is music. I'm sure appropriate horror step would be fine. The carnage house was full of straight on rock. Blade was full of techno music. Dubstep is the new thing. I like a few dubstep songs... mostly horror step... I think the deep base fits the horror genre well. (

) Essentially horror song remixes in the dubstep I listen a lot lately.

A house with loud jarring beats that sync up with strobing black light would definitely put me off of my center and set me up for startles.

Layed out properly, they could pull it off. I wouldn't mind something like this.

That is much better than the small samples I listened to. Thanks Grime.

Thats what people say about specific house themes... and event themes in general... until they see it executed and realize "wow. i can't believe they made that into something truly terrifying" or "that was awesome".

My opinion will certainly be changed if they can execute to my tastes. :)

IDK it sure sounds like our house we've been hearing about for a while. Maybe they will be slightly different.

Music is music. I'm sure appropriate horror step would be fine. The carnage house was full of straight on rock. Blade was full of techno music. Dubstep is the new thing. I like a few dubstep songs... mostly horror step... I think the deep base fits the horror genre well. (

) Essentially horror song remixes in the dubstep I listen a lot lately.

A house with loud jarring beats that sync up with strobing black light would definitely put me off of my center and set me up for startles.

Thanks JW. The first example didn't do much for me. The second was better but not as good as the sample Grime posted. That I could deal with.

I for certain will not boycott the parade building because of music. I hope I am proved wrong and end up really liking it. Most of what is known about 22 I'm excited for. I think it's a bit much that everything would be to my tastes. If it works for most but doesn't work for me that isn't a bad thing overall.

I think if you focus on the concept of what the maze is at USH and not the wub-wub like most are doing, you have a really awesome sounding kind of original idea.

I remember writing a review for Hades a couple years ago and I moaned about the awkwardly placed techno, and everybody hated on me for hating it, hahaha. Now USH gets a house with dub-step and everybody is hating on it and I'm intrigued. It's funny how things change.

Ok I think Dubstep is pretty much a terrible genre of music. As a musician I just cant get into the "artistic integrity" of computer music...

But the videos that JW just posted have me interested... kinda cool. I realize its a horror theme with some drums and laser sounds laid over it, but its kinda cool none the less. Im hoping Orlando doesnt go the dubsteb route but if they do I trust them enough to give us something awesome. Im just worried bc a Classic Monsters house is something Ive wanted to see for a while now!

• Like 1

http://behindthethrills.com/2012/08/unnamed-projects-under-heavy-construction-at-universal-orlando/ 6th pic down.. "An area that is getting ready is the Soundstage directly behind the Music Plaza stage and to the left of the Rip Ride Rockit entrance (I believe 23, may be mistaken). We did manage to get a peek inside, though you can’t see it too well, there is a good amount of what looks like blue light being rigged up. Lots of neon looking lights. You can also see panels going in the stage door." Edited by Aberwrath