HHN 22 Speculation

Full website reveal is always at the end of the month (Friday, August 31st). Don't expect it to be any earlier, especially after all that negative feedback on the recent survey.

Or August 27 2008... lol Just saying we all were on the edges of our seat for that one.

The facade and whatnot were removed in the middle of july because they had to do electrical work in the ground. As to why there hasn't been any further progress is beyond me. But i have heard that the exterior/queue lighting is supposed to be replaced with LEDs.

I've heard this project has hit some bumps and snags, and completion isn't expected until sometime next year now.

I've been hearing (even before the survey) that the full website would be next month.

Also, I'm fairly certain that the survey will have no direct impact on this year's website. The process to design, build and approve a corporate site can take months. Changes can take even longer. If anything, it will teach them a lesson for next year on what Orlando wants versus California.

• Like 2

Can I go on record to say that blows? I mean, we were playing at least SOME games by this time last year - and they kept adding stuff all thru August. We also had the chance to win those cool quote cards thru the text messages they were sending. This year.. nada, and now we have to wait longer for less? That's a total bummer. :wacko:

• Like 2

Maybe we can get a little dubstep thrown into the dead exposure type house or hell I could even see p&t having it as well, just depends on if they wanted a whole track or just a good drop.

That being said, I don't seriously think this will happen in either case.

Although imo they could rip on dubstep in bill and Ted with lady year especially being a large expansion in popularity of the genre.

And speaking of the "DE"-type house, what type of music if any did they use with the original?

And speaking of the "DE"-type house, what type of music if any did they use with the original?

The only music I remember was from the queue.

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

Inside the house there was no music. Sound effects but no music.

I would be disappointed if we didn't get some pipe organ music in this house, but other than that I think no music is good music for this style house.

Although imo they could rip on dubstep in bill and Ted with lady year especially being a large expansion in popularity of the genre.

I'm sure we'll see something about Skrillex (even though he's electro) or the electronic music scene in general in B&T this year.

Can I go on record to say that blows? I mean, we were playing at least SOME games by this time last year - and they kept adding stuff all thru August. We also had the chance to win those cool quote cards thru the text messages they were sending. This year.. nada, and now we have to wait longer for less? That's a total bummer. :wacko:

As Legacy has emphasized, we might still get games. And if the rumors are true, these games will be far better than the website interactives we were given last year.

Patience, my friends.

• Like 2

As Legacy has emphasized, we might still get games. And if the rumors are true, these games will be far better than the website interactives we were given last year.

Patience, my friends.

Is it possible that the rumored 'war' in the parks might be going hand-in-hand with said interactive elements (whatever they may be) that we could be getting this year? This is what my gut is telling me...

• Like 7

Patience, my friends.

<sigh> My apologies. I'm just WAY too excited to have much patience. I realize I'm acting like a teenager. Please forgive and ignore the above whining.

The only music I remember was from the queue.

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

Inside the house there was no music. Sound effects but no music.

I would be disappointed if we didn't get some pipe organ music in this house, but other than that I think no music is good music for this style house.

The queue music was the soundtrack of Shaun of Dead.

Is it possible that the rumored 'war' in the parks might be going hand-in-hand with said interactive elements (whatever they may be) that we could be getting this year? This is what my gut is telling me...

I really hope this is true. If so, this year will instantly go from "lame" to "awesome as f*ck" in a matter of seconds.

Oh, and what good is it if the fans are the Twelfth Man?

The 12th man is suppose to signify supporters/the audience...but if you're going to corrupt the concept, then the metaphorical 12th man would turn into...your worst enemy. So...enemies rooting for your failure, or discouraging your success? I feel like this has something to do with this whole "war/games" idea in that maybe...maybe we're hunting each other/being hunted? Like we could pick teams (or groups of scareactors) and participate...I know that sounds weird...and maybe I'm too much of a fan of The Hunger Games series...but I feel like this year could involve a lot of audience participation on our part...like we become the object of these teams' desires? They're all fighting over...us...over our human mortality and frailty? And what if WE become prisoners too? What if that's the idea behind that scarezone?

Ok I'm done lol sorry if I'm totally off base

• Like 1

I was thinking, if we got a Klownz zone like the one in CA, I wouldn't even care for any props, if that is what we are getting clowns with chainsaws I would be more than happy, even if it was set and props free,

I kinda hope we get something like that

Edited by black mask

I trust in universal to make a great house. I just worry... I don't think a dance house can be effectively scary. If its remixed, cool.. I'll bite. If its not? Sweet, new house.

I think it would even work as a scarezone, as a scarezone I totally see it working, but not as a house, music like that tends to make people dance and party,

Imagine the streets with monsters and dubstep or electronica, it would probably be awesome, could be amazing, a monster party in the middle of Universal,

this is kinda making me wish they did this.....

Kinda like the Zombie Gras scarezone, it had playful music, it had zombies, it was perfect, but imagine if they played that music in the house that year, it would not be good

Edited by black mask

I trust in universal to make a great house. I just worry... I don't think a dance house can be effectively scary. If its remixed, cool.. I'll bite. If its not? Sweet, new house.

Ever seen Black Swan? If not, forgive my reference, but there is a part in the movie where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis roll and go to this random club with strobing green and red lights and annoyingly repetitive yet entrancing dance music. I'm giving the example bc if you picture that type of environment in a house...sophocatingly loud, hypnotic music and strobing lights that only let you see faint flashes of what's in front of you every now and then...suddenly the idea becomes sort of terrifying in a fantastic way. It's not about the music...it's about what they do with it to flood your senses :) so, while I completely understand your point, I think that type of music can enhance the environment in a great way, if done right.

• Like 1

Ever seen Black Swan? If not, forgive my reference, but there is a part in the movie where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis roll and go to this random club with strobing green and red lights and annoyingly repetitive yet entrancing dance music. I'm giving the example bc if you picture that type of environment in a house...sophocatingly loud, hypnotic music and strobing lights that only let you see faint flashes of what's in front of you every now and then...suddenly the idea becomes sort of terrifying in a fantastic way. It's not about the music...it's about what they do with it to flood your senses :) so, while I completely understand your point, I think that type of music can enhance the environment in a great way, if done right.

That sounds cool now. The thing I'm worried about, is th universal monsters in the environment. I just can't see the mummy jumping out in a club aha. Though, I could see them do something like die-in. Rooms in the club are based on movies, remixed versions of the main songs from each movie. Add a well timed strobe color effect like you said and I think it might be great.