HHN 22 Speculation

My prediction was that It was going to be like the first scene where there are LOADS of bodies under sheets and a few cars here and there. A bit like the scene in Nightingales last year if anyone remembers? (But on a larger scale)

Edited by danrichard95

Yeah it will prob be the Hospital... I dont get to excited for movie/tv based houses but this one should be amazing

TWD facade is huge. It takes up two walls.

That is why I was thinking the CDC at first... I remember the outside of that building to be huge with giant Shutters... But knowing the house has the hospital hallway it prob wont start at the CDC

Is the entrance to the house in the same place as H.R Bloodengutz was last year? Because that little area is pretty small and I think thats why I can't imagine it being huge haha

Even though that area is semi-small, it's still a pretty decent sized area.

Wait a minute here . . . .

Are we now saying that there are going to be 8 distinct groups of roaming scareactors, and no actual Zones?

Won't that just be a chaotic mess? And a logistical nightmare? There are parts of the park that are hard to walk through in a group of five people when the event really gets going. There are also parts of the park that are far less traveled because nothing's ever there during the event, like roads that connect/bisect parts of the park (e.g., the one road that was all dark last year but just had the '21' logo in a few places on the pavement).

I think for a wandering group of scareactors to work at all it's gotta be a pretty big group of a dozen or so scareactors ... if there are 8 of those ... I don't know; I just don't see that as a logistical possibility without becoming an outright annoyance. And if they aren't wandering in groups, that's just silly. Have like one lone zombie lumbering about in the park randomly? Don't think so.

As far as speculation on how construction and parades and other stuff may automatically prevent Uni from building scarezones... Scarezones dont need to be complicated. I can think of plenty of scarezones that basically involved scareactors just standing in the same area, maybe with some lighting effects (which probably would've been present anyway) and a prop or two. I can think of just as many that could be set up in fifteen minutes. In fact, these two types of scarezones actually outnumber their counterpoint in my memory. That is, scarezones with hugely complicated sets that really need to be permanent fixtures in the park are widely outnumbered by those that are really just smoke and mirrors with a few set pieces.

So even though we've been essentially told there won't be Zones by insiders . . . . . . I don't believe it. Having several groups of themed hordes aimlessly roaming the park all night just doesn't make sense. I like the idea someone had of having specific zones that rotated what kind of scareactors were in them.

Either way though how the hell are they going to make the Event Guide? It'll just look silly with the houses on the map then, what, a list on the side "Also beware of roaming werewolves, ghosts, etc" ? I'm always doing that wherever I am anyway!

Also, just to throw this out in the mix, check out the HHN Hollywood site. They've got Silent Hill, the Walking Dead and Alice Cooper. They've also got the La Llorona maze, which they had before, I think two years ago (?). Maybe we'll get La Lloronoa in Orlando? Since it sounds like the same people are now in charge of Hollywood and Orlando, it makes sense, right?

I think this year is going to be WAY more reliant on the scarezones (or whatever they do instead) than past years because really quite a bit HAS been revealed. Four houses have been revealed, and they were revealed a long time ago. The stuff that's going to get the GP to attend the event has already been announced. They don't need an icon. They don't even need any more good houses. The event will be a success.

Me, I fall into the minority of Humans, even though we are the entirety of the people reading and writing here now. I relish the drawn out revelation and I love the creative themes of the events. Hell, I even loved the Lady Luck/Choice-related backstories for each of the houses last year that were definitely applied after the fact just to tie them together. My favorite year is still Reflections of Fear because of how well it was themed and how cohesive it was. But that's because I'm one of the people who start obsessively reloading the HHN website starting way back in July. Most people aren't thinking about Halloween in July - that's madness. It's a madness we all share but still.

That said, it's not too late for them to apply a unifying theme to the event by using some kind of creative scarezone replacement. Considering the list of 8 clues, they cover just about the whole of horror if you think about it. Who knows what Uni will do with that in the end? Nothing's been officially announced. I'm hoping that - since they already have the GP hooked with the stuff they've announced - the scarezone/scarezone-replacement idea will be fan service for people like us. The lunatics who are WAY into the event.

It's too bad we're not gonna have a good number for a few years.... event number 21 will of course lend itself to something chance/gambling related because of the number 21 alone... But 22, 23, and 24 don't have the same kind of meaning. Uni gets to be inventive.

All 8 hordes don't necessarily have to be roaming about the park simultaneously. I'm sure there could be a rotation set up, and it would probably be relatively easy to increase or decrease the amount of scareactors in the streets depending on guest flow.

I'm with you on the website sentiment though. Wasn't "reflections of fear" the year the website had that kind of 3D effect where you travelled through it clicking on things? If so, that was probably the best HHN site ever put together. However, I did like the way carnival of carnage was rolled out.

All 8 hordes don't necessarily have to be roaming about the park simultaneously. I'm sure there could be a rotation set up, and it would probably be relatively easy to increase or decrease the amount of scareactors in the streets depending on guest flow.

I'm with you on the website sentiment though. Wasn't "reflections of fear" the year the website had that kind of 3D effect where you travelled through it clicking on things? If so, that was probably the best HHN site ever put together. However, I did like the way carnival of carnage was rolled out.

and 2008 had the best scarezones too lol, too bad half the houses were really bad :lol:

I kinda wish we got werewolves instead of vampires, I know vampires were done well, but I would have rather seen a werewolf scarezone, that could have been really good

If anything needs to be replaced it'd be the zombies. However, I would rather just ADD a werewolf scarezone (9 could fit.. somehow)

Are we now saying that there are going to be 8 distinct groups of roaming scareactors, and no actual Zones?

So even though we've been essentially told there won't be Zones by insiders . . . . . . I don't believe it. Having several groups of themed hordes aimlessly roaming the park all night just doesn't make sense. I like the idea someone had of having specific zones that rotated what kind of scareactors were in them.

It was never said we "wouldn't" have normal scarezones. Its just that the parade, construction and new ride prevent normal themed scarezones in the front half of the park. Sting Alley, Central Park, San Francisco, Kidzone, IFFF could all have set design. Hollywood/NY are expected to only have fog & lighting. It hasn't been confirmed that the scareactor "groups" would actual roam the park (especially since people have been cast in specific streets). The streets are basically like old-school HHN of the 90s. They didn't rely on set design. With 8 "SZs", the streets shouldn't feel as empty as they have the past few years.

Also, just to throw this out in the mix, check out the HHN Hollywood site. They've also got the La Llorona maze, which they had before, I think two years ago (?). Maybe we'll get La Lloronoa in Orlando? Since it sounds like the same people are now in charge of Hollywood and Orlando, it makes sense, right?

The La Llorona was last year. They're basically redoing it this year to make it "scarier". We however will NOT be getting that house. Mostly because that is the "Bloody Mary" of their event. Our other 3 houses = gargoyles, haunted mansion-esque, and a rumored classic monster/DE-style house. Both Orlando & Hollywood have their own creative teams.

The gargoyle and haunted masion type house's I am really looking forward to. I remember someone saying a while ago that the gargoyle house was rumoured to have a huge cathedral facade and anything to do with churches/cathedrals freak me out so much, with haunted, creepy houses coming a close second. Just out of interest, in peoples opinions, what is the best house/scarezone thats been featured at HHN?

So sorry, newb here, but I had a few comments...

Lots of the insiders have made a lot of comments on "games" being played here even before they "begin". Personally, that's making me think of the games we had last year with Lady Luck... not saying that she'll come back for sure (or that she'll even be present in Vegas [though that would make sense] ), but prehaps the insinuation is that there are some online games coming up, relating to some sort of story?

Other insiders have also said that there are new rumbings of an icon, but that you don't need one to have a story. Does this mean that they've figured out a way to tie the hordes/scarezones/houses/something together? I mean, I personally think a good icon this year COULD be some sort of Atlas-type that "shrugs" and the world goes into chaos. Some sort of "Fear" character, maybe?

I know people are saying "Variations Of Apocolypse" or "The Fall (Or Death) Of Reality" is wrong, but I feel like Walking Dead and Penn and Teller fit very well into that, and when you consider that Silent Hill is a personal apocolypse and distortion of reality for anyone entering and that Alice Cooper is supposed to be a demonic nightmare in which reality is distorted, it all sort of fits in. If you look at it through that lens, you could almost feel a "Bloody Mary Otherworld" aspect to all the houses in the event, even the unannounced ones such as the "Photograph", which literally comes from the Bloody Mary Otherworld year, the predicted "Victorian House with the Evil Portal" [which could correlate with ideas of a distorted reality OR a fall of reality OR even some sort of Trick Or Treating theme] and the Gargoyles, which could be spun into apocolypse or some strange lens of our world.

Conversely, you could tie all these things together from a childlike view of nightmares, maybe some sort of "Cindy" styled event (though I'm almost positive clues point to the fact that she's not coming back). I mean, think about it in the eyes of another tortured child:

• Imagine that this child is moving around constantly, being shuffled around after the tragic death of her mother and supposed arrest of her father, sometime during the "Walking Dead" timeline (I'm not sure if this is cannon or possible, but let's just say...). Her father is actually a zombie. Of course, then "The Walking Dead" would fit right in.
  • She might have met a friend that lived in some middle America suburb, that has horrible nightmares each night, relating to Alice Cooper.
  • Our child then moves into Silent Hill. Silent Hill is the product of a child's fears, if I'm not mistaken. Alessa's bad memories of the nurses create them, her guilt creates a form of Pyramid Head, etc. And isn't it true that whomever goes into Silent Hill face their own demons or demons of others in the town? If so, then couldn't another child character posess Silent Hill, too?
  • She has been moved into a decrepit apartment building in New York or some other big city. Her bedroom is just across from a wretched gargoyle that she thinks constantly looks in her window, and she fears that one day the gargoyles will come to life...
  • It's common to have bad dreams after scary movies, and especially for a child who is all alone in the world. Maybe the child has bad memories of the movie theatre (possibly the same one run by The Usher). Maybe she was watching a very old reel of Creature Features, relating to 100 Years? Or maybe something horrible happened in the theatre, like the death of her mother in some fire or blackout or something. She remembers the reporters snapping pictures of her, resembling Dead Exposure. Maybe this is also the reason why this house has had so much trouble, what with the recent Dark Knight Shootings.
  • She had been moved into Las Vegas, which, as everything else after the zombies, had been ruined. She imagines what could have caused the mutated bodies she finds in the street.
  • Her final place of residence was an dilapidated victorian house where some other tragic accident happens to her. On Halloween, awful creatures of her imagination are manifested within the house.
  • The roaming scarezones relate to the fact that this little chid has never had a place to rest, always on the run from one fear to the next. Like a trail of bad aura and nightmares following her wherever she goes, the scarezones roam, too, and resemble parts of her memories that were not so lucky to have been even as stable as her "houses". Children that she used to know from the Orfanage or the Skoolhouse, the zombies that chased her, the fairytales she read to pass the time in trains or cars of dragons and vampires,the social workers traveling with her who seemed as evil as women with chainsaws, the memories of when her parents used to take her to the traveling circus where she loved the clowns, the escape that she wishes and imagines her father must have made from his "jail", the ghosts of those that were dear to her...

Once again, I know people say things like this can't happen, but with some creativity it can all DEFINITELY be tied together.

Or, they could just not be tied together at all and that would be that.

ALSO, I was wondering if it was possible for the roaming hordes to have "showstops" similar to ones in parades. They could roam until they reach a certain point, and then, in Nightmaze style, set a single prop or two that will react with the rest of the scarezone's music or story and the actors could spring into action. I personally think that it could be done, and a few short stories could even be told in this format, such as some sort of evolution of the dragons, some sort of circus act, the death of the ghostbusting chartacters, the zombies turning one of the "customers" into one of their own... I think that could be "out of the box", right?

• Like 1