HHN 22 Speculation

Ok now i'm going to really go out on a limb here and see if I can connect some dots with the hints of 2004 and sequels....

Castle Vampyr - Gargoyles??

Deadtropolis - Walking Dead

Disorientorium - Penn and Teller

Ghost Town - Dr. Jimmy quote of seeing things that will turn you white

Horror in Wax - Classic Universal monsters/ DE

Midway of the Bizzare Scarezone - When im serious, sometimes im joking (clowns?)

HellGate Prison - I'll be seeing you (escaped prisoners?)

Now i'm not trying to say these will be houses or zones (hordes) .. I'm just trying to test the waters to see if I am totally off base or on to something

Edited by LuitaChris

Ok now i'm going to really go out on a limb here and see if I can connect some dots with the hints of 2004 and sequels....

Castle Vampyr - Gargoyles??

Deadtropolis - Walking Dead

Disorientorium - Penn and Teller

Ghost Town - Dr. Jimmy quote of seeing things that will turn you white

Horror in Wax - Classic Universal monsters/ DE

Midway of the Bizzare Scarezone - When im serious, sometimes im joking (clowns?)

HellGate Prison - I'll be seeing you (escaped prisoners?)

Now i'm not trying to say these will be houses or zones (hordes) .. I'm just trying to test the waters to see if I am totally off base or on to something

You took his hint in the wrong direction, but I must say I applaud the way you connected all of those!

I kinda hope we got werewolves and not vampires, I really wouldn't care too much for vampires again

Well we haven't had a vampire scarezone since 2006 (okay technically.. we could say 2009's Cirque Du Freak was a vampire SZ too). So we really haven't had vampires in the streets for a while.

As for werewolves, i'd rather they just hire more scareactors and add a werewolf zone/horde :ninja:

On one other note could vehicles be used either motorized

It is entirely possible. we've seen motorcycles used in 2005 (Blood Thunder Alley), 2006 (Deadtropolis) & 2007 (Hollywood Blvd).

Also in 2007 they had a demented bumper car for one of the carnies (New York).

Back during the pre-IOA years there have been vehicles or something pushed/pulled used.

And while I will not directly confirm, I can say that I would go with except for when it's both.

Thanks for the indirect confirmation, and as for the exception, I would be tempted to say a combination of werewolves with the vampires. Not entirely sure why, or even where this fits into the clue, but the combination of the two seems to make sense. Perhaps even an internal battle with the guests continually caught in the middle, but that may fall into the realm of wishful thinking.

So with that said I believe there may be a list to stand behind (for myself at least), with groups including:

- Vampires and Werewolves

- Ghosts or the equivalent

- Zombies

- Dragons (I hold to the possibility of mythical beasts or even cryptids as I would still love to see the Chupacabra in feature)

- Escaped Prisoners

- Skoolhouse sequel (creepy kids with noise makers, best scare I've ever received)

- Clowns

- Female CDT (either solely female or a combo group)

As for the general layout, I agree that lots of fog with lighting will make for an amazing year of streets, even with lack of sets. Honestly, this is the most excited I've been for a year since 2008.

the Prisoners could be like the zombie chain gang from '08 (or perhaps specific to the are it is in?) a Zombie horde is... a zombie horde. I honestly don't need to see more than one zombie horde. Bu tthe prisoners being a zombie chain gang was something I didn't get to see enough of at '08 and wouldn't mind it at all.

I spent quite a bit of time that year around the MIB area watching the group because I thought they were hilarious. Scary? Not really. But watching a zombie prisoner swinging around a severed arm was very enjoyable. However, I hope they don't try to revamp this idea, and stick with either asylum patients or a group of escaped mass murderers. The former would make for a lot of zombies, too many in my opinion.

I hope central park is decorated traditionally with jack-o-lanterns again, it's always nice to see classic Halloween themes represented. I'd like to see a house set up like, well, a house that you're going trick or treating to. Facade could be in a soundstage with the front yard and porch similar to what's been done in the past. Maybe you even get candy at the end!

I hope central park is decorated traditionally with jack-o-lanterns again, it's always nice to see classic Halloween themes represented. I'd like to see a house set up like, well, a house that you're going trick or treating to. Facade could be in a soundstage with the front yard and porch similar to what's been done in the past. Maybe you even get candy at the end!

Especially when you're not in skool...

• Like 1

I would be tempted to say a combination of werewolves with the vampires. Not entirely sure why, or even where this fits into the clue, but the combination of the two seems to make sense. Perhaps even an internal battle with the guests continually caught in the middle, but that may fall into the realm of wishful thinking.

Mostly wishful thinking. As much as i'd love to see werewolves, I haven't heard anything implying we'd get any. Strictly vampires. As for the combo, the Skoolhouse is the one you're looking for. That was loosely based on a specific movie (Trick R Treat).

I hope central park is decorated traditionally with jack-o-lanterns again, it's always nice to see classic Halloween themes represented.

Last year they had the jack-o-lanterns in Kidzone since Central Park was being used as a scarezone (Grown Evil). I have no doubt the jack-o-lanterns will return this year.. as for Kidzone or Central Park, we will know within roughly 2 weeks.

I'd like to see a house set up like, well, a house that you're going trick or treating to. Facade could be in a soundstage with the front yard and porch similar to what's been done in the past. Maybe you even get candy at the end!

If what I've heard is true, you might be very happy. Somehow doubt you'll get candy at the end, though.

• Like 1

Mostly wishful thinking. As much as i'd love to see werewolves, I haven't heard anything implying we'd get any. Strictly vampires. As for the combo, the Skoolhouse is the one you're looking for. That was loosely based on a specific movie (Trick R Treat).

I was about to ask, but you beat me to it. I loved the movie, especially the creepily dressed, mentally disturbed children. My excitement has reached a new peak.

I was about to ask, but you beat me to it. I loved the movie, especially the creepily dressed, mentally disturbed children. My excitement has reached a new peak.

Chris beat me to it, but I was going to say that the Vampires may have too much on their plate to worry about werewolves, but think about what kids traditionally do at Halloween.

Chris beat me to it, but I was going to say that the Vampires may have too much on their plate to worry about werewolves, but think about what kids traditionally do at Halloween.

Wait...so we're actually getting something straight from Trick'r'Treat? Holy hell I am AMPED.

Mostly wishful thinking. As much as i'd love to see werewolves, I haven't heard anything implying we'd get any. Strictly vampires.

I'm so glad you said that. While I would love to see a werewolf/vampire battle zone, I don't think I could live through the squeeing from fans of a certain book series.

And you know they would squee, intolerably squee. Or maybe just b & m about it being a rip off.

I'd like to see a house set up like, well, a house that you're going trick or treating to. Facade could be in a soundstage with the front yard and porch similar to what's been done in the past. Maybe you even get candy at the end!

You're going to die when I tell you what Knotts has in store...

Trick-Or-Treat: The Maze will feature actual Trick-Or-Treating in the queue!

For only $10.00 you'll get a collectible reusable Trick-Or-Treat bag, one of 5 different Trickster Masks and a

plethora of goulish goodies/sackful of exclusive 40th Haunt collectibles!

But what you don't know is that the number of Trick-Or-Treat bags, masks and goodies is limited! Yes, there are only a certain amount of these and when they're gone, they're gone!

If you want to Trick-Or-Treat at Trick-Or-Treat you must get to Haunt early in the run! Trust the Haunt Facebook Guy, these won't last!

Don't miss out on one of the coolest parts of our 40th Anniversary.

Before The Witch and her Tricksters take it all away....

Wait...so we're actually getting something straight from Trick'r'Treat? Holy hell I am AMPED.

We technically already did in 2008... The Skoolhouse scarezone

Edited by WESKER69

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: No. They just have to relocate & reposition the parade floats they already have (Mardi Gras, Macys, and the current VERY EXPENSIVE Superstar floats) in order to put a house in the parade building. The Parade pavilion has covered up Mardi Gras parade floats parked underneath it. So they really dont have any extra space to have another parade. UNI isn't like Disney..... (yet). Also, you have to keep in mind, any "parade float" would only be able to access NY & Hollywood, where the "no set design" issue is occurring. And then you have the crowds to deal with...

Alternative Answer: They can however have smaller vehicle style "floats" if they really needed to.

166855_170838346294401_655309_n.jpg

This is the "ZAP Truck" which was to be part of a roaming scarezone type streetmosfear. This is the same "ZAP" that was introduced in 2010's "Zombiegeddon" house. I can't remember what year it was meant to be used though.

When HHN moved to IOA, the event lost the parade... however, A&D had created concepts for an IOA-friendly parade for HHN. Here are 3 concepts that could be something executed for this year's streets since they're smaller than a parade float.

163653_170838209627748_7051064_n.jpg

164806_170838232961079_2122756_n.jpg

167012_170838186294417_560923_n.jpg

The skool scarezone is one of my favorite memories of HHN, it was amazing, sometimes I would sit near and just listen to the amazing music and watch the actors, it was truly an amazing zone that year,the house was really great,

it was truly magical, I would really love if we saw it come back again

• Like 1

With a revamped Death Drums rumored to return, it is highly unlikely we will see a return of the Skoolhouse set piece across from HMU/Mels since that is the area of street is where Death Drums would be located. However... IF there was going to be a set piece like that, I'd say it would be built near Kidzone. Its more likely that the scarezone will be closer to a Halloween tradition than it is a return of that 2008 SZ.

Plus... as i've mentioned already, I am sure the jack-o-lanterns in the trees will be back again since they add nice atmosfear. Its just the "where" (central park or kidzone) that im unsure of.