HHN 22 Speculation

Yeah, ive been trying to decipher them myself.. but I thought hordes couldn't work at HHN? -__-

Casey

The answers have been posted. Since Jimmy isn't verifying, I won't either. You have to try and figure out which ones are most right.

I would hope so! A park full of zombies seems like it would be quite monotonous..

Sooooo last year's streets at HOS would be considered monotonous due them being all zombies & a few disguise bushes/plants?

there isn't as much in the streets as there was in the early days.

And this has been one of my main issues with HHN for the past 6 years. There needs to be (despite the crowds)

Sooooo last year's streets at HOS would be considered monotonous due them being all zombies & a few disguise bushes/plants?

And this has been one of my main issues with HHN for the past 6 years. There needs to be (despite the crowds)

I didn't attend last year, as I closed IOA every weekend last haunt season..

But they weren't all generic zombies.. It seems that just because I mentioned that HOS had hordes last year and I thought it could work at the studios, you think that im head over heels about HOS, that I think HOS and HHN are on the same level, and that you're going to hurt me by bashing HHN.. Maybe if you dropped your holier than thou attitude and read my posts things would be clearer. If its a crime to speculate and add my two cents, then there shouldn't be a spec thread, huh? If you could call this a spec thread.. Its more like people speculate, and then get bashed by people who are gods.

Casey

Does hostility only get moderated if it comes from an insufferable know-it-all? Just wondering.

I have to say I never considered the possibility that small roaming groups could be scarier on account of their stealthiness. If there were a lot of these small groups, I think that could work. Only a few groups of small numbers of SA's would make the park feel fairly empty to me, though.

If a situation winds up getting out of hand, we the staff try to do our best to clean things up such as removing posts from anybody that's necessary for things to get back on track.

Anyways, everybody... lets please get back on speculation. Thanks! :)

I didn't attend last year, as I closed IOA every weekend last haunt season..

But they weren't all generic zombies.. It seems that just because I mentioned that HOS had hordes last year and I thought it could work at the studios, you think that im head over heels about HOS, that I think HOS and HHN are on the same level, and that you're going to hurt me by bashing HHN.. Maybe if you dropped your holier than thou attitude and read my posts things would be clearer. If its a crime to speculate and add my two cents, then there shouldn't be a spec thread, huh? If you could call this a spec thread.. Its more like people speculate, and then get bashed by people who are gods.

Casey

Casey, I believe he was teasing you.

Calm my friend. Actually your argument for HOS reminds me of what we were discussing previously. The GP's feelings about HOS vs HHN.

To them it's a competition, one must be better than the other. They don't compare and contrast and recognize the differences each park has to offer.

We see the possibility for difference that gives each park a unique feel. HOS can do all zombies. HHN not so much because each street is so different in appearance and theme. (Not HHN streets just the areas of the park are different)

This makes us wants variety. Things to fit with the ever changing scenery of the park.

None of us know how hordes will work. I'm hoping Lyn is right and it will be more like the 90's.

I've always found the props a distraction. I felt more detail and concentration was being put into the set pieces. Set pieces don't scare. For me it's always been about the scaractors.

I think of we let our scareactors have more leeway and creativity by not saddling them with specific scenery (less props means more improve, different tactics to produce a scare), we will see some fantastic scares.

I know I did in 98 and 99. I could watch them work for hours. And my greatest joy was watching the CDT clear the streets for the parade.

• Like 2

If a situation winds up getting out of hand, we the staff try to do our best to clean things up such as removing posts from anybody that's necessary for things to get back on track.

Anyways, everybody... lets please get back on speculation. Thanks! :)

My apologies, Reaper. I'm just not going to tell people they're right and im wrong just because they say im wrong. That's not what speculation is about.

Back to topic.. How bout them streets?

Casey

My apologies, Reaper. I'm just not going to tell people they're right and im wrong just because they say im wrong. That's not what speculation is about.

Back to topic.. How bout them streets?

Casey

Agreed. We just want everybody to keep the debates in a "civilized" manner. Carry on with speculation. :)

So if we have roaming hordes. Do you believe they will have them listed on the maps. Would be cool not to though. A scary surprise to all. Anybody also think that CP construction near simpsons might play into HHN first then for the park later.

Hey guys, Im new to HorrorNight Nightmares but not new to HHN. With that said I think I may have found something! "Be Seeing You"- Penn and Teller SZ and the reason I think this is because of a video I found on Youtube ....Michael Vincent - Fool Us (Penn & Teller).... skip ahead to 3:18... It could be nothing but worth looking at.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zTDrRm_2HQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Villafane

The new eight clues are not for houses. None of the eight clues are for houses. None of the clues are for icons/themes.

All the answers have actually been deciphered. Y'all just have to figure out who's right.

Since no one has done this already, I decided to make a compilation of the posts for the eight clues from the time of Dr. Jimmy's video until the above post. The first listed are what I believe are correct along with a quick reason. Here's what I found:

Free-falling:

1. Vampires - Clue clearly given in the singing of song, Vampires referenced in song.
  2. Werewolves

I've seen shit that'll turn you white:

1. Ghostbusters - Could be anything paranormal, but apparently an obvious quote

There's no more room in hell:

1. Zombie horde - Obvious clue is obvious

Lampy swore he saw one:

1. Dragons (mythical beasts) - From what others have said, gargoyles won't be used in a "zone" and a house concurrently, so this fits
  2. London (Gargoyles) - I combined two posts for this one
  3. The Brave Little Toaster ( :P )

I'll be seeing you:

1. The Prisoner - Quote with symbol. Could possibly be escaped prisoners.
  2. WW2, maybe country/rednecks
  3. The Director

School's out for summer, but comes back in the fall:

1. Skoolhouse (Please let this be true) - Amazing scare zone and unique to houses
  2. Halloween related or Alice

When I'm serious, sometimes I'm joking:

1. (K) Clowns - Only given option

Lollipop:

1. Lollipop Chainsaw (my personal favorite) - Body Collectors turns to Nightingales, female CDT seems plausible and amazing
  2. Something related to the '50s
  3. Drive-in theatre
  • Like 2

Getting something in NY & Hollywood. - yes

overturned cars, military vehicles, zombies everywhere. - no. we already had this exact SZ in 2006 "Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege". Besides, this type of set detail isn't going to happen in NY (or Hollywood) due to the (daytime) parade.

I may be reading way too far into this, but the way you parenthesized daytime gave me an idea, as I thought it was odd for you to specify it in that way. My reason for saying this is that if you were to say simply "parade", most of us would have assumed the daytime one without hesitation. Also, if you had left it out of the parentheses, it would have left the same impression. I get the feeling that you meant to emphasize this word for a reason. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but this gave me an idea for one of two things.

1. Either we will see a return of the Festival of the Dead parade.

OR

2. The "zones" we have been given clues to will in fact be completely roaming, but in a way which could be considered "out of the box". What I mean to say is that each of the "zones" will follow a path around the park, much in the way a parade makes a trip around a park. Perhaps they could be combined with floats, although I find this unlikely, or simply scare actors. Either way, it would be set up so that you could sit in one area in the park and see all eight "zones" pass you by. This will allow for each of the "zones" to truly roam around the park without worrying about them colliding, although I would love to see clowns fighting vampires. :P

Any ideas on this? Or am I chasing something that isn't there?

• Like 1

I may be reading way too far into this, but the way you parenthesized daytime gave me an idea, as I thought it was odd for you to specify it in that way. My reason for saying this is that if you were to say simply "parade", most of us would have assumed the daytime one without hesitation. Also, if you had left it out of the parentheses, it would have left the same impression. I get the feeling that you meant to emphasize this word for a reason. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but this gave me an idea for one of two things.

1. Either we will see a return of the Festival of the Dead parade.

OR

2. The "zones" we have been given clues to will in fact be completely roaming, but in a way which could be considered "out of the box". What I mean to say is that each of the "zones" will follow a path around the park, much in the way a parade makes a trip around a park. Perhaps they could be combined with floats, although I find this unlikely, or simply scare actors. Either way, it would be set up so that you could sit in one area in the park and see all eight "zones" pass you by. This will allow for each of the "zones" to truly roam around the park without worrying about them colliding, although I would love to see clowns fighting vampires. :P

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking about...especially with the "mobile" hint given a few pages back :)

Completely different topic ... are we making anything of the fact the ad from the back of Fangoria says "live shows" (plural)? If Death Drums was returning, or if there was a new show with live entertainers, shouldn't we have heard of auditions by now? Could this be confirmation of some sort of lagoon show?

Casey, I believe he was teasing you.

Calm my friend. Actually your argument for HOS reminds me of what we were discussing previously. The GP's feelings about HOS vs HHN.

To them it's a competition, one must be better than the other. They don't compare and contrast and recognize the differences each park has to offer.

We see the possibility for difference that gives each park a unique feel. HOS can do all zombies. HHN not so much because each street is so different in appearance and theme. (Not HHN streets just the areas of the park are different)

This makes us wants variety. Things to fit with the ever changing scenery of the park.

None of us know how hordes will work. I'm hoping Lyn is right and it will be more like the 90's.

I've always found the props a distraction. I felt more detail and concentration was being put into the set pieces. Set pieces don't scare. For me it's always been about the scaractors.

I think of we let our scareactors have more leeway and creativity by not saddling them with specific scenery (less props means more improve, different tactics to produce a scare), we will see some fantastic scares.

I know I did in 98 and 99. I could watch them work for hours. And my greatest joy was watching the CDT clear the streets for the parade.

Thank you, I just can't tell when he's teasing when he's quite abbrasive with our fellow posters 9 times out of 10.

And I completely agree with you. The two events are totally different. My original post was misinterpreted and took off from there.. Leaving me in the dust to try and explain. I was just trying to say that I think HHN could pull off doing hordes, things would just have to be re-tweaked a little bit. Hordes open up more creative freedom, and I think uni is going to pull it off just fine. :)

• Like 1

You're chasing something that isn't there :P I had to specify the parade because there are those who will become overly excited & think that the parade is returning to HHN. Hence the "daytime" (although the parade also works at night due to the LEDs each float is filled with /random factoid).

Don't expect the scareactor "groups" to "roam" the park. There have been people cast in specific streets rather than given one of the 8 codenames, so that should be taken into consideration. Also you have to look at the park itself. construction blocking off shrek alley (and at the moment all but the sidewalk near the lagoon). DM will be open, so thats going to be nuts in Plaza of the Stars.

Completely different topic ... are we making anything of the fact the ad from the back of Fangoria says "live shows" (plural)? If Death Drums was returning, or if there was a new show with live entertainers, shouldn't we have heard of auditions by now? Could this be confirmation of some sort of lagoon show?

The event overview every year says "live shows". So thats nothing new.

Death Drums cost them quite a bit of money & it was popular, so i'd say expect a revamped version this year. A lagoon show is rumored (WITH LASERS). There is also one more show that is rumored to be happening.

So you're looking at 7 houses, 8 SZs, and 4 shows. (if everything falls into place.)

So, I'm sure this isn't the case, but I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention it. "I'll be seeing you" does strike a resemblance to another phrase we've seen from the past, aka I.C.U. And the original person has technically never been an icon, therefore might not have been benched.

Again, 99% sure this is just coincidence, and I'm just blowing smoke. But just thought I'd mention it...

with the "free falling" clue and me as long with others have come to a good idea that it will be vampires, is it possible for them to be put on bungee cord type structures from the buildings, or zip lines to actually make them "fly" or "fall"...idk trying to go with what the people in the know are saying "think outside of the box"

The 8 statements are specifically scarezone related.

The clue "Be Seeing You" is in reference to a prison related movie, which is a hint at an "escaped prisoner" scarezone/scareactor group.

You'd have a better chance of seeing a nod to 2004's Hellgate Prison... than you do seeing the original 2001 icon who wields a :chainsaw:

with the "free falling" clue and me as long with others have come to a good idea that it will be vampires, is it possible for them to be put on bungee cord type structures from the buildings, or zip lines to actually make them "fly" or "fall"...idk trying to go with what the people in the know are saying "think outside of the box"

They did this in 2008 with the flying monkeys in Path of the Wicked, but it was in Plaza of the Stars. Which is where Despicable Me is located, and it is highly unlikely you'll see any scareactor action there since the ride will be open.

As for zip lines, as cool as it could be. It'd be rather difficult to pull off in NY or Hollywood. Especially since the buildings are significantly higher up. However, you'll most likely see "flying" scareactors in the Gargoyles house.

I've never understood the draw of a parade

What about clowns attacking a dragon? Can I see that instead?

Draw of the parade = beads (specifically the skull beads) and shiny coins with that year's logo

You're more likely to see drunk/stupid guests attacking a dragon instead

They did this in 2008 with the flying monkeys in Path of the Wicked, but it was in Plaza of the Stars. Which is where Despicable Me is located, and it is highly unlikely you'll see any scareactor action there since the ride will be open.

As for zip lines, as cool as it could be. It'd be rather difficult to pull off in NY or Hollywood. Especially since the buildings are significantly higher up. However, you'll most likely see "flying" scareactors in the Gargoyles house.

i knew the "flying monkeys" were there and assumed/knew it couldnt be done there but wasnt sure if it was possible in another area of the park, or if they could put them on bungee cords where "canyon of dark souls" (i beleive that was the sz last year with the guys on stilts with the light up faces) if they could jump from side to side....idk jus thinking and hoping for something different and crazy

The problem with Canyon's location, would mostly be a safety issue for the scareactors since there wouldn't be anything to really anchor the scaffolding or bungee/harness equipment. Not saying it couldn't be done, it would most likely be more of a safety hazard.

They did have a stationary "bungee" scare on the Mel's side of Shrek Alley for Blood Masquerade in 2006. Unfortunately, because of where they had it located, it was missed by many.