HHN 22 Speculation

Free Falling - Vampires.

There's no room in hell - Walking dead reference. Also could be a scarezone zombie roaming area.

Lampy swore he saw one - Gargoyles. London gargoyles.

School's out - Alice related. School's out for summer, it's returning during his house in october.

Serious, Joking - Not sure about this one. It's clown related... but im unsure.

I've seen shit - Paranormal house related.

I'll be seeing you - Not sure about this one.

Lollipop - I'm going with a drive in scare zone, from the 50's. Almost like XX.

" She's gonna be back and she always is" - Of all the female choices. I'm going to go with the Terra Queen on this one. Not sure why... but i just have a feeling.

I honestly hope that there are not a lot of house/scare-zone tie-ins. With the lack of houses and scarezones I wouldn't want them to have a repeat. I would rather have independent strong houses/ scare-zones than weak, similar houses and scarezones

The new eight clues are not for houses. None of the eight clues are for houses. None of the clues are for icons/themes.

All the answers have actually been deciphered. Y'all just have to figure out who's right.

Oh good, someone said it before I did. I have a feeling we'll be repeating this statement again though.

I'll say a friend gave me this idea. Lollipop.....think of where this is played in the park. That should give you at least the location.

Most likely, Mel's Drive-In.

With all the talk about themes and icons, I find it interesting that no one has brought up the fact that our beloved Cindy looks an awful lot like Dark Alessa from the Silent Hill. :blink:

Well, there is a lot of ash in Silent Hill.....

Noticing how Dr. Jimmy used the word "ash" in his post.

ASH=Alessa Silent Hill... :D

I honestly hope that there are not a lot of house/scare-zone tie-ins. With the lack of houses and scarezones I wouldn't want them to have a repeat. I would rather have independent strong houses/ scare-zones than weak, similar houses and scarezones

When you say lack, do you mean quantity of houses and zones?

Technically, we are close to the highest number of "zones" we've ever had.

08 had 6 official scarezones, 3 "hordes" (they didn't roam that much), and 1 themed area.

Official zones were:

Path of the Wicked

Asylum in Wonderland

American Gorhic

Streets of Blood

The Skoolhouse

Fractured Tales

"Hordes" were:

Mirror people

Zombie Drill Team

Chainsaw Drill Team

Themed area was:

The pumpkins in Central Park

This time we have 8 themed "zones". Whether they are roaming, hordes more similar to what we saw in 08, or actual scarezones remains to be seen, but there will be 8 themed "zones". (themed meaning they will have a centralized theme among the characters).

We are only down one house.

So did you mean quantity?

When you say lack, do you mean quantity of houses and zones?

Technically, we are close to the highest number of "zones" we've ever had.

08 had 6 official scarezones, 3 "hordes" (they didn't roam that much), and 1 themed area.

Official zones were:

Path of the Wicked

Asylum in Wonderland

American Gorhic

Streets of Blood

The Skoolhouse

Fractured Tales

"Hordes" were:

Mirror people

Zombie Drill Team

Chainsaw Drill Team

Themed area was:

The pumpkins in Central Park

This time we have 8 themed "zones". Whether they are roaming, hordes more similar to what we saw in 08, or actual scarezones remains to be seen, but there will be 8 themed "zones". (themed meaning they will have a centralized theme among the characters).

We are only down one house.

So did you mean quantity?

I was mostly talking about the scare-zones and their quality not as much quantity, because there will be 8. This year there won't be much space for the scare-zones, if we even get a "scare-zone". Many years that have had a lot of IPs usually don't have the best scare-zones. And with my point that with a scare-zone and house tie-in there wont be a lot more to offer, mostly they have the same thing just in a different form. I'm not saying that it is always true, it is just my opinion. And sometimes, if done well, it is actually better with the tie-in. I'm just saying this if there are scare-zones, and not just hordes. But I do like the idea of hordes around the park... :P

That was more confusing to understand than... well.. a lot of things..

There is plenty of space for traditional scarezones (i can think of at least 5 locations off the top of my head). We're only losing 2 main scarezone locations (Hollywood/New York) & one side street scarezone location (Shrek Alley) as far as having a fully themed scarezone goes. Two due to the daytime parade & 1 due to Transformers construction.

2009 was the last year we had "a lot of IPs" and all of the scarezones were great quality except for one (Containment). I don't consider us having 4 IP houses as being "a lot".

The only scarezone/house tie-in you're likely to see is TWD/zombies. Otherwise, they're all their own themes. Whether the scarezones are themed with set design or not, i doubt the quality will be lacking.

I"m with some of you about Louie's.. the pizza is decent for what it is. I'm usually very picky about pizza.. being a pizza snob from Chicago.. but for the price, the stuff is edible. We usually try to have dinner at one of the restaurants in City Walk beforehand - never tried the Bob Marley place. Sooo.. I take it you think it's awesome? We may have ot check it out.

I miss the HItchcock thing, too. It was one of my favorites. I realize a lot of younger people might not know who he is, but isn't that the point of having something like that?? Maybe I'm just old. Same thing with the Monster Cafe - playing the old movies on the tv screens and such. Fans need to understand the history and the richness of this genre. It's more than just these slasher film cloned crap.

Is the Unmasking the Horror the same as the "RIP Tour"? I'm asking because I'm planning on going big this year, and I want to make sure I get in on whatever the coolest package is.

Love the monster cafe but finnegans is my favorite I remember the one year, while I was eatting hhn just started and the scare actors came out the fog got real thick and there were zombies pressing their faces against the glass and it looked so legit. Plus I live in wildwood nj the only place with more Irish pubs than Ireland lol and finnegans has to be one of the best food wise and brew wise

In regards to "scarezone locations," I think it's important to note that, since all four of the traditional "big" scarezones are unavailable (Hollywood, Avenue of the Stars, Shrek Alley and New York) because of the parade or construction, building one or two scarezones in the back half of the park would likely be seen as unnecessary or even awkward. The standard HHN guest isn't going to try to rationalize "oh, there's a parade." To them, it has to be all or nothing.

If the front half of the park won't have "zones," then the back half shouldn't have "zones."

That was more confusing to understand than... well.. a lot of things..

There is plenty of space for traditional scarezones (i can think of at least 5 locations off the top of my head). We're only losing 2 main scarezone locations (Hollywood/New York) & one side street scarezone location (Shrek Alley) as far as having a fully themed scarezone goes. Two due to the daytime parade & 1 due to Transformers construction.

2009 was the last year we had "a lot of IPs" and all of the scarezones were great quality except for one (Containment). I don't consider us having 4 IP houses as being "a lot".

The only scarezone/house tie-in you're likely to see is TWD/zombies. Otherwise, they're all their own themes. Whether the scarezones are themed with set design or not, i doubt the quality will be lacking.

actually...

Apocalypse city of cannibals was kinda awful, I mean, their costumes looked really bad, so that was not great either,

and lights,camera hacktion was just the chainsaw drill team with some props and some victims, so, that one was not too great either..

and cirque du freak had great costumes but it was such a clusterf*ck

I wouldn't be so sure about losing any locations at this point but Shrek Alley. Remember just cause there is a parade doesn't mean they can't add fog machines, lights, sounds, projectons and scare-actors. Sure it may not be the best looking but it is what has to be done.

The standard HHN guest isn't going to try to rationalize "oh, there's a parade." To them, it has to be all or nothing.

If the front half of the park won't have "zones," then the back half shouldn't have "zones."

Legacy, I'm not sure I understand your reasoning behind this assumption? I don't really see why a visitor would think that, since it's all still within one enclosed area. Logistics of physical space aside, I don't think people demand that much symmetry. That's like saying, "Well, if there are 4 houses in the front of the park, then there had better be four houses in the back as well or people will be upset."

If they put roaming hordes in the front with minimal set dressing and effects, and then placed "zones" in the back with actual sets, I don't think the GP would take umbrage with that. Particularly since I'm sure they will still all be marked out on the park map. Even with "roaming hordes" of monsters, I have to imagine that they're still going to be relatively contained to certain areas, to avoid potential bunching of scare actor groups in one spot of the park.

To a guest, a zone include sets. To start saying, "We have zones here but hordes here," is cumbersome marketing and complicates the "message" to them.

If a guest is use to set-based zones, they will want everything in the streets as "set-based zones." Especially in Hollywood and New York. You preempt the confusion by not having sets in the streets at all.

This year is being forced to be somewhat retro. I firmly believe that looking at a time before set-based zones would be wise.

EDIT - I want to add that guests are idiots. It's not about symmetry; it's marketing. Everything has to be easily accessible.

Always remember that half the population is dumber than average.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

To a guest, a zone include sets. To start saying, "We have zones here but hordes here," is cumbersome marketing and complicates the "message" to them.

If a guest is use to set-based zones, they will want everything in the streets as "set-based zones." Especially in Hollywood and New York. You preempt the confusion by not having sets in the streets at all.

This year is being forced to be somewhat retro. I firmly believe that looking at a time before set-based zones would be wise.

EDIT - I want to add that guests are idiots. It's not about symmetry; it's marketing. Everything has to be easily accessible.

Always remember that half the population is dumber than average.

RIght, but they can still call them zones, if the hordes stay in particular areas. Throw in some fog, music, and mood lighting, and it can still be considered a zone for marketing purposes. And just because the sets aren't as elaborate as what we've seen, it doesn't mean they can't still use mobile set pieces or smaller items or things of that nature.

I am sure we will be getting something in NY and Hollywood. I'm really hopeful that at least one of them will have at least a pack of Zombies roaming the streets. I can just think of how it would be with overturned cars or military vehicles that have gotten overrun. I have faith though in Uni that we will not be let down

RIght, but they can still call them zones, if the hordes stay in particular areas. Throw in some fog, music, and mood lighting, and it can still be considered a zone for marketing purposes. And just because the sets aren't as elaborate as what we've seen, it doesn't mean they can't still use mobile set pieces or smaller items or things of that nature.

What do you mean by "mobile?"

B)