HHN 22 Speculation

am I to infer from this post that they are CLOSING Monsters Cafe??

It is "rumored" that Monsters Cafe could be rethemed in the very near future.

As for the topics at hand - if the Simpsons ride was closed during HHN, couldn't they put a cool SZ in front of it? I mean, really, how important is it to have that ride open?

As i pointed out, a new version of MOTB would be great. BUT, yes it is important to have the ride open. It is only 1 of 4 rides that are open. If they didn't have any rides open, it would only make the house waittimes worse.

what's the speculation again on the other? Just an overall idea., please.

The other two houses are a "gargoyles" house and a "haunted mansion-esque" house.

Thank you all for humoring me and for being so patient. I appreciate it. I guess that makes sense - about the rides being open. WE wouldn't care, but the "GP".. yeah, probably. I didn't even think about the wait times being worse if the rides were all closed.

I have to say the haunted mansion idea thrills me. I love that kind of stuff. I"m thinking of last year's Winter's Night which I thought was one of the best of the event.. For me, personally, I'm not into the gore, per se, nor am I a sci-fi fan.. I appreciate the subtlety and extraordinary effort they put into things like Winter's Night.. or 2009's Wolfman and Dracula. It's truly art... and art that can surprise and scare which is the best kind.

One other thing - I'd love to see them do the show at night on the water (I forget its formal name - the 100 yrs thing..) - but just the horror part. That'd be such an addition to the overall feel of the event.

Kind of off topic, but an above comment about the international food festival reminded me of something . . . I used to work at universal once upon a time and I've been in the kitchens of most of the restaurants. now, it's been several years since I was there, but all I have to say is that I will never eat at IFF again. Mel's was iffy, but the rest seemed fine and I remember Lombards being the cleanest. I dont remember anything offputting at IOA . . . well, discovery center first housed psycho scarepy and they used cow manure for effect in the house and it lingered slightly in the air there for months after so I could never bring myself to eat at burger digs again.

Ok, I don't live in Florida, so I'm only at UOR a few times per year.. obviously, one of those times being for HHN. So, I really on reading all your posts to know what's going. I haven't read all 92 pages of this.. so forgive me if this was addressed elsewhere.. but, am I to infer from this post that they are CLOSING Monsters Cafe?? If so, can I go on record saying that completely sucks dirty ass?

As for the topics at hand - if the Simpsons ride was closed during HHN, couldn't they put a cool SZ in front of it? I mean, really, how important is it to have that ride open? I've often thought it was a great spot for a SZ.. a natural, really, with the big clown head right there.

You all are talking about wondering about ONE house only.. I know "officially" four have been announced, and I see speculation that one might be a "classic" house.. what's the speculation again on the other? Just an overall idea., please. As for the "classic" idea - I read discussion earlier where someone (I forget who, my apologies) was talking about how fantastic Dracula and Wolfman were in 2009, and I screamed an audible YES in agreement. I so hope something like that will be part of this year's event. I probably went thru Wolfman 8 times in the 2 nights I visited.

the monsters cafe might change,

which is the only thing that has me really really pissed off, more than losing Jaws, that is my favorite part of the park, I love it, sometimes I buy a churro or something and only go there because I love it so much,

I know I might sound stupid, "it is just a restaurant" but I love everything about it, the decorations, the costumes of the monsters, my favorite non ride thing in the parks, I am really mad that it might change, I wish they wouldn't change it,

• Like 2

I'm with you black mask. I still mourn the loss of Hitchcock and kong, and now jaws . . . monsters cafe is something I always look forward to spending time at, this isn't the first time it's been at risk and I really hope that with the 100 year anniversary of universal horror next year that it survives

• Like 2

We usually eat at Louie's during HHN...for theme park pizza, it doesn't get much better.

The IFF...I can remember eating there perhaps maybe once in all the years I've attended HHN.

Dr. Jimmy is right, hit Mel's, Finnegan's or my suggestion Louie's. If you want some good food prior to hitting the event, I couldn't recommend Bob Marley's at Citywalk anymore if I tried :-)

• Like 1

As for the topics at hand - if the Simpsons ride was closed during HHN, couldn't they put a cool SZ in front of it? I mean, really, how important is it to have that ride open? I've often thought it was a great spot for a SZ.. a natural, really, with the big clown head right there.

the rides being open is a VERY good thing. A 15-45 minute wait for a few of those rides keeps the wait times down for the houses. You should thank those R&S attendants too, because I think they get it worse than the people doing the scaring.

• Like 1

I don't mean to get off topic here..but do you guys think there gonna bring back the unmasking the horror tours? I haven't seen anything on the website yet..Still keeping my hopes up for it. Was a lot of fun last year.

• Like 1

That is very odd Victoria. Maybe a full brand new stage for B&T.

I'm sure the UTH will back this year but if I remember before they wouldn't do tours on some IP houses. So if so it might be the other 3 houses that we haven't officially heard of yet.

First they get rid of JAWS, now THE MONSTER CAFE???????????

HHN better knock it out if the park this year to make up for this shit!!!!

Classic Universal Monsters > Transformers.... All day! This is getting silly.

This news makes me seriously upset. I LOVE that place!!!

you should really catch up, the first season is only 6 episodes, even if you only watch that,

people that don't watch this show are really missing out

Wait, it's only six episodes?! I had no idea it was that short. I'm so used to watching cartoons, I forgot that live-action shows tend to have short-ass seasons.

I'm definitely gonna 'Flix it.

Echoing Dr Jimmy and others, IFF is best skipped. Food not much better at Monsters Cafe...but the atmosphere is amazing. Best food is Finns, if you have the time to kill, or Richters.

IFF always have had horrible food (kept trying it and don't know why), but Monster Cafe had good food when it was part of the meal deal.

As for SZ I know the path where Jaws was is narrow but could they put a SZ of some sort there or a haunted path?

I typicaly eat at Richter. It's quick easy and free pickles ^.^

I couldn't have said it better myself

IFF always have had horrible food (kept trying it and don't know why), but Monster Cafe had good food when it was part of the meal deal.

As for SZ I know the path where Jaws was is narrow but could they put a SZ of some sort there or a haunted path?

The 2 places I eat are Richter and Monster Cafe...Best food in the park! Plus they are part of my HHN "Game Plan" of going through the houses!

And with the SZ possibility where Jaws was...I think I was the first to bring it up way way way back in the first pages of the thread...didn't really get much hype but I'm glad you brought it back up. Definitely a good place for a SZ. Small place, could be used for a great simple zone. Kinda like Nightmaze. Very simple scarezone...although it was done in a bigger space. They could do some sort of zombie walk going with the rumors of TWD theme that supposedly going to happen. Or maybe something like Canyon of Dark Souls, that space wasn't that big. Really the space could be used with anything...Chainsaws :chainsaw:, Stilts, Zombies :zombie_attack: , Maze :ninja: , really anything!!!

Edited by Brandon

Wait, it's only six episodes?! I had no idea it was that short. I'm so used to watching cartoons, I forgot that live-action shows tend to have short-ass seasons.

I'm definitely gonna 'Flix it.

I guess they did 6 episodes because they were not sure if it would be a hit or not, each one is like an hour long, it was very action packed and you got to know all the characters well,

the second season has 13 episodes but it goes really slow, definitely not as fast paced and there is not as much action, second season is really good but it slows down a lot from season 1

season 3 will have 16 episodes, and it looks like it will be picking up the action more,

so yeah, to prepare for this house watching season 1 is good enough

Don't expect them to "do" anything in the former Amity area. With Bill and Ted letting out, that area is still going to slammed with people (and in a much smaller area). More importantly, however, there's no "chicken route" to get through that area. Every scarezone has a way to bypass it now, either by staying on sidewalks or a detour. Amity has none of that.

I"m with some of you about Louie's.. the pizza is decent for what it is. I'm usually very picky about pizza.. being a pizza snob from Chicago.. but for the price, the stuff is edible. We usually try to have dinner at one of the restaurants in City Walk beforehand - never tried the Bob Marley place. Sooo.. I take it you think it's awesome? We may have ot check it out.

I miss the HItchcock thing, too. It was one of my favorites. I realize a lot of younger people might not know who he is, but isn't that the point of having something like that?? Maybe I'm just old. Same thing with the Monster Cafe - playing the old movies on the tv screens and such. Fans need to understand the history and the richness of this genre. It's more than just these slasher film cloned crap.

Is the Unmasking the Horror the same as the "RIP Tour"? I'm asking because I'm planning on going big this year, and I want to make sure I get in on whatever the coolest package is.

Is the Unmasking the Horror the same as the "RIP Tour"? I'm asking because I'm planning on going big this year, and I want to make sure I get in on whatever the coolest package is.

No. Unmasking the Horror takes place during the day and includes lights-on tours of three houses. The RIP tour is a group of people who are given a guide who go through each of the houses at designated times during the event itself (you can many times see them hanging out near the queue with a lot of neon on them to differentiate themselves from regular guests).

Thanks, Legacy.. One more question then on Unmasking.. is this something they do throughout the whole event, or just certain days? I don't know how I haven't done this yet. We will be coming down there for the second weekend - Sept 27-30, so I'm hoping we can get in on this during one of those days..

I'm sure the UTH will back this year but if I remember before they wouldn't do tours on some IP houses.

They did UTH for Dead Silence, NOES, Wolfman... IPs are not an issue. They usually don't add the UTH info until the full site reveal or a week or so before it.

One more question then on Unmasking.. is this something they do throughout the whole event, or just certain days?

It is certain days, twice a day.

They did UTH for Dead Silence, NOES, Wolfman... IPs are not an issue. They usually don't add the UTH info until the full site reveal or a week or so before it.

It is certain days, twice a day.

When I did the UTH in 09, we toured Dracula, Wolfman, and Frankenstein. The only restrictions were no photographs or video was allowed inside of Wolfman.

As a side note, our tour started with this question:

If you are not apart of the Vault please raise your hand.

I think like 3 people raised their hands out of about 30.

• Like 1