HHN 22 Speculation

Right. And if this was in July or August, I'd completely agree. But as I wrote above (and I plead some amount of ignorance here, so please correct me if I'm wrong), October is not one of their heavy traffic months. Hence, HHN is there to help pull in people in the down months. Given that, do the costs of the parade (employees, upkeep, etc) justify the return for the amount of people they have visiting the park? If not, then is it so hard to believe that they'd scrap the parade for that month in favor of the event that is a well known draw, particularly with all the money they're very clearly throwing into it this year?

And as for the lagoon show, I don't think we've heard one way or another on if there will be a HHN themed show, correct? I could see them putting one together at least featuring the IP's and a hypothetical icon, if nothing else. That would enable them to keep using that investment and tie up people, something they must be looking at doing this year, being down a house.

The most they would do with the lagoon is play projections of horror movie scenes like they did in 07.

they use magic.... obviously...

I think the difference between that & what UNI did last year is... Disney's is a permanent projection system opposed to a temporary one on top of a scaffolding tower... But yes, if it looked half as good as it does at Disney, it would be a completely different story.

Disneyland Paris has a better version of the castle projections.

ANYWAY... as magical as this subject is... we should be trying to figure out the locations for scarezones. ;)

and according to the permits i believe the latest they can shoot off fireworks is like 9pm because of all the residents that live there. so a firework show, unfortunately, i dont see happening...but i agree we need something besides "death drums" to make up for the lack of one house and all the construction

Right. And if this was in July or August, I'd completely agree. But as I wrote above (and I plead some amount of ignorance here, so please correct me if I'm wrong), October is not one of their heavy traffic months. Hence, HHN is there to help pull in people in the down months. Given that, do the costs of the parade (employees, upkeep, etc) justify the return for the amount of people they have visiting the park? If not, then is it so hard to believe that they'd scrap the parade for that month in favor of the event that is a well known draw, particularly with all the money they're very clearly throwing into it this year?

And as for the lagoon show, I don't think we've heard one way or another on if there will be a HHN themed show, correct? I could see them putting one together at least featuring the IP's and a hypothetical icon, if nothing else. That would enable them to keep using that investment and tie up people, something they must be looking at doing this year, being down a house.

October is a slow month, but HHN draws people from out of state and from out of the country. I wouldn't be surprise if the higher ups are banking on the new parade to bring people into the park during the day as well.

Simple:

"Hey look over here! We have this shiny new thing. Don't you want to come see it as well? Don't just hang out in Potter or go to Disney before HHN. Spend your money on a two park pass and you can see our shiny new thing."

• Like 1

and according to the permits i believe the latest they can shoot off fireworks is like 9pm because of all the residents that live there. so a firework show, unfortunately, i dont see happening...but i agree we need something besides "death drums" to make up for the lack of one house and all the construction

They can still do a lagoon show without the use of pyro... the fountains are lit by LEDs... the waterscreens (as unexciting and lackluster as they are) can be used for video montages... to "liven-up" the lagoon show, they can use the flame barges... can't tell me they can't because they use them every year.

So lighted fountains, waterscreens, lighting, music, fire... and even lasers... = HHN lagoon show (if they do one)

as for "Death Drums", the ONLY good version was the "rock" version (they were half naked... enough said), I personally consider it more "streetmosfear entertainment". But it does need to return.

It would be great if they actually used the Beetlejuice & Animal Actors for shows... god forbid they create original-esque shows like they did back in the 90s. Or even bring in different types of performers... (dont give me that... "but then they'll charge more" crap).

The event had a parade for like 8 years out of the 21 (but the event is certainly NOT an over-sized Halloween party at all :rolleyes: ), there were also multiple shows.... And on top of all this... it was nearly HALF the price! Sure it may not have had as many houses or SZs... but for an event this size (and its popularity), there should be shows in all 3 (outdoor) theaters (AA, BJ & FFL). Plus some form of entertainment in the streets (death drums, stilt walkers,...... sliders :ninja: ). Everyone pays out the ass to attend HHN, and are offered very little for the price (other than movie-set quality houses & hard working scareactors/performers). It'd really be nice to see the event match the price like it used to....

but until then, I'll personally enjoy what we are given because its better than the event going on hiatus (like Hollywood... 3 times).

alright... thats my suggestion giving/bitchy rant regarding shows/entertainment at HHN.

• Like 1

They can still do a lagoon show without the use of pyro... the fountains are lit by LEDs... the waterscreens (as unexciting and lackluster as they are) can be used for video montages... to "liven-up" the lagoon show, they can use the flame barges... can't tell me they can't because they use them every year.

So lighted fountains, waterscreens, lighting, music, fire... and even lasers... = HHN lagoon show (if they do one)

as for "Death Drums", the ONLY good version was the "rock" version (they were half naked... enough said), I personally consider it more "streetmosfear entertainment". But it does need to return.

It would be great if they actually used the Beetlejuice & Animal Actors for shows... god forbid they create original-esque shows like they did back in the 90s. Or even bring in different types of performers... (dont give me that... "but then they'll charge more" crap).

The event had a parade for like 8 years out of the 21 (but the event is certainly NOT an over-sized Halloween party at all :rolleyes: ), there were also multiple shows.... And on top of all this... it was nearly HALF the price! Sure it may not have had as many houses or SZs... but for an event this size (and its popularity), there should be shows in all 3 (outdoor) theaters (AA, BJ & FFL). Plus some form of entertainment in the streets (death drums, stilt walkers,...... sliders :ninja: ). Everyone pays out the ass to attend HHN, and are offered very little for the price (other than movie-set quality houses & hard working scareactors/performers). It'd really be nice to see the event match the price like it used to....

but until then, I'll personally enjoy what we are given because its better than the event going on hiatus (like Hollywood... 3 times).

alright... thats my suggestion giving/bitchy rant regarding shows/entertainment at HHN.

Just as Long as they DON'T bring brian brushwood...

seriously, from all the hundreds of performers around the US,

I don't know why UNI has an obsession with him, I don't dislike him, but I wish they gave us different performers, I mean, yeah we should have more shows, and more Different shows too

Edited by black mask
  • Like 1

The parade isn't stopping for HHN time most likely. It's too popular. They have to stop UCS on event nights as they can't show a nighttime show at 5.

Parade? Meh. Zzzzzz wake me up when it's over lol. I can never understand the fascination with parades over there. I think they are dull as hell with the exception of Spectromagic and thats gone now. I mean I don't mind Universal having one as I can just do something else while they are on but I do mind when it screws with HHN scarezones. I would seriously like to get all the department heads at Universal, bang their heads together and say "What the hell guys? Can't you all communicate with each other so that these issues don't happen? It's not rocket science!". It has amazed me this year how unorganized the company seems (remember SS44?), all they needed to do was coordinate their plans with each other (maybe make the floats less wide) and they could have had the parade and proper scarezones.

• Like 1

with the exception of Spectromagic and thats gone now. I mean I don't mind Universal having one as I can just do something else while they are on but I do mind when it screws with HHN scarezones. It has amazed me this year how unorganized the company seems (remember SS44?), all they needed to do was coordinate their plans with each other (maybe make the floats less wide) and they could have had the parade and proper scarezones.

1- Spectromagic isn't "gone" permanently... it will be back..

2- It wasn't an unorganized issue when it came to SS44, that was a "Oh shit can fast track this & have it open by next year". Despite my distaste for the Spidey 2.0 Hollywood clone, the new ride will benefit the park more than a month-long house.

3- The floats can't be less wide. Its a good parade & it entertains the guests, hell it even gets me to go to the park (and i said the parade sounded like a piece of crap kiddie parade). Honestly... its not that big of a deal regarding scarezones. It is only affecting 2 streets (NY/Hollywood). Yes both street locations are known to have the best "set design", but all that can be done "in the rear" half of the park.

If the only set design in NY & Hollywood is fog machine & lighting... it will only put more focus on the scareactors in those areas, which to me... is not really a bad thing.

Two areas that most likely won't be used at all:

Plaza of the Stars - no SZ due to DM being the new ride & will be open

Shrek Alley - no SZ due to Transformers construction (those work walls might get pushed out further into the street)

They had a "flying" scareactor for one of the final scares in last year's Forsaken

If i'm not mistaken or taking the term "flyers" incorrectly, weren't there flyers over the trenches in Nightingales as well?

Typed in Halloween horror nights into Amazon.co.uk and this book was one of the top ten related items---- Eve bunting's Night of the gargoyles---- coincidence haha

BAM! That's our literature house! :-P

While booking our trip this year I went to the universalorlando.com page and checked out the theme park hours and at the bottom there is a footnote with this :

• Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: No shows on 9/6 - 9/8, 9/19, 9/21 - 9/22, 9/27 - 9/30, 10/4 - 10/7, 10/11 - 10/14, 10/17 - 10/21, 10/24 - 10/28, 10/31, 11/15, 12/5

Is this the lagoon show or something else that won't be happening during HHN?

• Like 1

While booking our trip this year I went to the universalorlando.com page and checked out the theme park hours and at the bottom there is a footnote with this :

• Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: No shows on 9/6 - 9/8, 9/19, 9/21 - 9/22, 9/27 - 9/30, 10/4 - 10/7, 10/11 - 10/14, 10/17 - 10/21, 10/24 - 10/28, 10/31, 11/15, 12/5

Lagoon show.

If i'm not mistaken or taking the term "flyers" incorrectly, weren't there flyers over the trenches in Nightingales as well?

Nightingales was in SS23, that has nothing to do with The Forsaken or any of the other 3 previous houses located in B79 (parade building). If you had read carefully, you'd see people were unsure if "flying" scareactors could be done in that house location.

Those dates listed for UCS are RTU & HHN event nights. That is why it says there is "no shows" for those dates. This does not mean there won't be some type of special lagoon show for HHN.

Nightingales was in SS23, that has nothing to do with The Forsaken or any of the other 3 previous houses located in B79 (parade building). If you had read carefully, you'd see people were unsure if "flying" scareactors could be done in that house location.

Well you see, I WAS actually reading...but I don't have those locations completely memorized. No need to be rude about it.

• Like 1

^he wasn't being rude he was being informative. If you didn't read the post correctly, don't blame others for your oversight.

If B79 is currently being worked on, has anyone gone to the park to see if maybe we could get a glimpse of what may be going in and out of that location? With little time left(comparatively) they are going to have to move double time. I'd love to hear if anyone has seen ANYTHING going into that area of the park that looks "suspicious"?

Edited by ivegonhick
  • Like 1

As for scarezone speculation goes... is it possible to see a Welcome to New(kd) Las Vegas/Penn and Teller magic scarezone spinoff in Sting Alley? They could use the Saws n Steams traps and lots of the Your Luck Has Run Out themeing from last year. It is pretty far from the house though and wouldn't make sense unless they did it by MIB. I would hate to see what would essentially be a returning scarezone rebranded but it's a thought...

With all these rumors of a Silent Hill and Walking Dead scarezone, Penn and Teller is one I can see being done as well. Not sure how one goes about pulling off an Alice Cooper scarezone though...

Edited by Coast

well... while it wasn't "listed" on the event map, 2008 had the Zombies Drill Team in that area infront of the MIB giftshop. But as far as doing a SZ with some type of set design, it would be a little tough. The only reason i say this is due to:

- P&T house queue entrance

- Sprung Tent exit

- 2 side-by-side Bars

- snack/drink stand

- MIB giftshop exit

- smoking area

So while you could theoretically create some type of themed SZ within World Expo (the MIB portion), it would probably end up being a complete clusterf*ck. I would love to see an alien/futuristic themed SZ by MIB one day, but I would have to say that we will most likely only get a "themed group" of scareactors in the area like we did with 2008's zombies.

• Like 1

well... while it wasn't "listed" on the event map, 2008 had the Zombies Drill Team in that area infront of the MIB giftshop. But as far as doing a SZ with some type of set design, it would be a little tough. The only reason i say this is due to:

- Sprung Tent exit

- 2 side-by-side Bars

- snack/drink stand

- MIB giftshop exit

- smoking area

So while you could theoretically create some type of themed SZ within World Expo (the MIB portion), it would probably end up being a complete clusterf*ck. I would love to see an alien/futuristic themed SZ by MIB one day, but I would have to say that we will most likely only get a "themed group" of scareactors in the area like we did with 2008's zombies.

That sux, That area of the park, IMO, is always DEAD. The drill team was, in fact, there in '08, but it never seemed to be enough. I would, as you said, Love to see a really cool "MIB gone wrong" SZ like they did with JP in 2002. But the logistics of that seem far to complex for HHN to handle right now.

Edited by ivegonhick

- Sprung Tent exit

- 2 side-by-side Bars

- snack/drink stand

- MIB giftshop exit

- smoking area

Sadly, I have to agree with you here. Add in the bathrooms and all the trips back and forth from there to the bars, and you do have way too much traffic for a themed zone. Although, is there ANY possibility of moving the games from Production Central back to this area, maybe more towards the Simpsons? If we're going to have busy/bright lights, maybe cluster that all together back there? I've really been disappointed in the placement of the games. Even with just fog, darkness, music and actors, to be able to extend that further towards the front from New York would provide a long and immersive environment with amazing atmosphere. Probably wishful thinking, but it doesn't seem THAT impossible to me.

With all these rumors of a Silent Hill and Walking Dead scarezone, Penn and Teller is one I can see being done as well. Not sure how one goes about pulling off an Alice Cooper scarezone though...

They aren't really rumors. The possibility for any zone to be directly tied to a house right now is wishful thinking. Even the "zombie horde" we're expecting may simply be standard HHN shamblers and not use TWD's designs.

We actually have no evidence for anything regarding zones right now.

Although, is there ANY possibility of moving the games from Production Central back to this area, maybe more towards the Simpsons? If we're going to have busy/bright lights, maybe cluster that all together back there? I've really been disappointed in the placement of the games.

The reason why they have the midway games in the front of the park infront of the queue line that is placed in the Rockit Plaza is so that way it keeps people within the more spacious area (of course we also had the Amity midway games already in the back of park).

Moving them back by Simpsons isn't an option because there really isn't enough room for them in that area. On top of this, UNI is already hard at work installing permanent midway games to the front of the Simpsons ride facade. They have cleared out the extended queue, done some ground work and removed the fake midway game facades. They will be able to add at least 8 new midway games to the Simpsons to make up for the loss of the Amity midway games.

So the midway game placement during HHN is just to suck money out of people from both sides of the park. Remember, making money is more important to them than having to pay 15+ scareactors (per cast) just so we can have another scarezone...

The reason why they have the midway games in the front of the park infront of the queue line that is placed in the Rockit Plaza is so that way it keeps people within the more spacious area (of course we also had the Amity midway games already in the back of park).

Moving them back by Simpsons isn't an option because there really isn't enough room for them in that area. On top of this, UNI is already hard at work installing permanent midway games to the front of the Simpsons ride facade. They have cleared out the extended queue, done some ground work and removed the fake midway game facades. They will be able to add at least 8 new midway games to the Simpsons to make up for the loss of the Amity midway games.

So the midway game placement during HHN is just to suck money out of people from both sides of the park. Remember, making money is more important to them than having to pay 15+ scareactors (per cast) just so we can have another scarezone...

totally agree, Uni is ALWAYS more interested in MAKING MONEY then SPENDING MONEY. Not to say Uni is cheap, but wouldn't you rather make $1 then spend $.50? Same concept. It's unfortunate but midway games are FAR more important to UNI then making US happy with one more scare zone.

Edited by ivegonhick

totally agree, Uni is ALWAYS more interested in MAKING MONEY then SPENDING MONEY. Not to say Uni is cheap, but wouldn't you rather make $1 then spend $.50? Same concept. It's unfortunate but midway games are FAR more important to UNI then making US happy with one more scare zone.

Every company is interested in making money rather than spending it......