HHN 22 Speculation

There are no other rumors of what the house could be ... which is why we've said multiple times that our last house is "unknown". If there were any other rumors on what this last house might be, they would have been posted. As of right now, we are basically getting a "surprise".

If anything... you people should be trying to go back to speculating the locations of the scarezones. Each of the abbreviations is a color-coded group, but its been said that the abbreviations are also a specific area. So put your brains into overdrive & stare at a park map:

CP - (Central Park?)

CB -

LP - (Lucy Plaza?)

BY -

LG - (Lombard's Grille?) (aka - San Francisco/Disaster area?)

SO -

DG -

Z (zones) - (roaming zombie hordes?)

Quiet Jeff... it gives them something solid to speculate upon. :P I will say this though...

- there is a "rumor" that the MIB area (World Expo) will be a location this year. In 2008, they have the ZDT (Zombie drill team in orange jumpsuits with light-up collars... yes, like 2010's Zombiegeddon).

- Also it has been rumored that people have been cast in "Hollywood" (but not given an abbreviated codename)... which we know is a "parade route/show stop area".

We know they might have zombie hordes in some fashion, due to the accidental (but quickly removed), zombie event overview description.

Edited by WESKER69

Here are my guesses:

CP - Central Park, light theming on area around the park that isn't on the parade route.

CB - No clue what so ever

LP - Lucy Plaza, no theming, but lots of fog.

BY - Wracking my brain and the only thing I can think of here is Bone Yard. But they usually put queues in that area, so who knows.

LG - Lombard's Grille, TWD themed zone using the cars/bus that were in Acid assualt last year. A tank would be cool, but I won't hold my breath.

SO - Simpsons Outside, a stretch, I know. But it seems like between IFF and Simpsons could be a perfect place for a theme scarezone.

DG - Dark Gardens. Outside Gardens of Allah and in Central Park.

Z (zones) - Definitely the zombie hordes.

For those that don't know by now, the Parade Route is as follows:

- Enters through the backstage gate by Beetlejuice (canal street)

- Travels through NY (5th avenue)

- Turns onto 57th avenue & goes through Production Central

- Passes between Shrek/DM & turns onto Rodeo Drive

- Travels through Hollywood (Lucy Plaza/Hollywood blvd)

- Exits out through the Esoteric Gate (between Horror MakeUp/Cafe LaBamba)

The Non parade areas of the park:

Sting Alley

San Francisco

Central Park (2006's Harvest of the Souls, 2007's Troupe Macabre, 2011's Grown Evil)

IFFF (infront of Animal Actors, where Canyon was last year)

Kidzone

World Expo (Simpsons/MIB area)

Construction areas:

Amity

Shrek Alley (8th Ave)

South street (between lagoon/SS44 area)

7th avenue

Edited by WESKER69

I still think we could maybe see a NY or Hollywood scarezone with sets similar to Acid Assault. The themeing outside of the maybe the news stand could be brought in after the park closes. It's not impossible. Something like 7 or Nightmaze obviously couldn't be brought in but an Acid Assault-type zone I can see still happening and wouldn't rule it out completely.

The "dead exposure" aka photograph is the rumored classic monster house. They are the same house idea. We just don't know if it was approved.

Could they do a 100 yrs of horror without doing the DE treatment? Yes, but the rumor was it would be given a DE treatment. . And considering this house began construction, most likely at the beginning of this month, the DE treatment would be the easiest approach.

The house most likely began construction... yesterday.

• Like 2

My guesses:

CP: Central Park almost definitely, whether these are locations or not, CP will most likely be used. Outside the parade route and easy to put one there.

CB: The stand in front of Monster Cafe is called "Bone Chillin'" I believe. Could be that, just the letters reversed for a rehearsal spot for in front of the Rockit Stage/Twister/ Pro. Cen.? That's all i got for that.

LP: Lucy Plaza as a rehearsal spot for Hollywood, if not right in front of LP and Pro. Cen.

BY: there is no "Bone Yard", unless they wanted to refer to the Rockit stage grass area as one. Maybe Barney for Kidzone?

LG: Lombard's Grill for Disaster

SO: Could be Simpsons Outside for a rehearsal spot for World Expo or IFB like ParkScope mentioned.

DG: could be Disaster Gate as a rehearsal spot for NY or Sting Alley?

Z: Could mean zombie roaming hordes. Since there roamers, they wouldn't have a set location. If not, this is what makes me not completely positive these are code names for locations, but could be codes for the themes.

out of those, possible traditional SZ's could be:

Central Park

IFB

Disaster

KidZone

Sting Alley

possible horde locations:

Pro. Cen.

Main NY

World Expo.

I'm curious as to how many hordes and how many traditional SZ's we'll have. I expect to see at least 3 Traditional SZ's. SA, CP, Disaster and IFB have the biggest possibility of being SZ's as the're out of the parade route and have all been used before. Disaster is almost definite as a TWD SZ i think. The other 3 could have heavy fog, lighting and SA's mimicking the style of the 90's SZs before the sets and props.

Edited by foREVer56

I still think we could maybe see a NY or Hollywood scarezone with sets similar to Acid Assault. The themeing outside of the maybe the news stand could be brought in after the park closes. It's not impossible. an Acid Assault-type zone I can see still happening and wouldn't rule it out completely.

Acid Assault wasn't just projection towers. It had 2 cars & a bus, plus a shack, potted trees and random crap chained to light poles... It may not have seemed like it had a lot of themeing but it did.

so while in theory, the idea of bringing stuff into the park after it closes sounds plausible, when they did it in IOA (2002/2003), it was only like 1 or 2 things due to small cramped street that is Marvel. You have to remember, that would be a lot more work than it is worth to have to haul stuff out into NY every night of the event & then have to take it backstage after each night, then repeat the process. (And you're talking about doing this in Hollywood as well)...

I can tell you right now, at least 75% of you will be bitching about the lack of scenery in the streets that fall into the "parade route" (NY, Production Central, Hollywood). If anything, the scareactors themselves will be the "themeing" of those areas.. The only thing to expect along the streets are fog machines/lighting.

Edited by WESKER69
  • Like 1

Acid Assault wasn't just projection towers. It had 2 cars & a bus, plus a shack, potted trees and random crap chained to light poles... It may not have seemed like it had a lot of themeing but it did.

so while in theory, the idea of bringing stuff into the park after it closes sounds plausible, when they did it in IOA (2002/2003), it was only like 1 or 2 things due to small cramped street that is Marvel. You have to remember, that would be a lot more work than it is worth to have to haul stuff out into NY every night of the event & then have to take it backstage after each night, then repeat the process. (And you're talking about doing this in Hollywood as well)...

I can tell you right now, at least 75% of you will be bitching about the lack of scenery in the streets. If anything, the scareactors themselves will be the "themeing" of the areas that fall into the parade route. The only thing to expect along the streets are fog machines/lighting.

Yes, there was a lot of themeing but it felt like it was all more pushed off to the side. I have not seen the parade myself, so I don't know if much of the AA stuff would've been in the way. I think the shack/newsstand could have stayed with a parade passing through. The cars by Twister and next to the bus could have been brought in. The rest of it was small stuff like barricades. The bus obviously could not, but I would expect that to be in the scarezone by Disaster if it's a Walking Dead tie in. I'm just throwing it out there not to dismiss it entirely, because this is for speculation after all. The props weren't what made AA great for me anyway, it was the lighting, fog, projectors, and scareactor energy that made it great. Sets or hordes, I would not be surprised either way.

Edited by Coast

Yes, there was a lot of themeing but it felt like it was all more pushed off to the side. I have not seen the parade myself, so I don't know if much of the AA stuff would've been in the way. i

Sidewalk to sidewalk is blocked on main NY Pro. Cen. and Hollywood, so no props whatsoever on those streets as they dont do anything on the sidewalks anymore.

Yes, there was a lot of themeing but it felt like it was all more pushed off to the side. I think the shack/newsstand could have stayed with a parade passing through.

The parade floats are huge... they only have a few feet on each side between them and the sidewalk (where guests watch)... the limited space on each side of the floats are reserved for the performers to do their dance routines during show stops.

So to put it bluntly... the streets have to remain clear which means no set details.

Not for where they need to be projecting towards. There is no building for them to put a projector in order to project onto the Macy's facade. It would be difficult to align a projector towards the Metropolis Tribune facade from the Finnegan's building.

Here is the thing you have to remember, the projections were not that great last year... they may have slightly looked decent from a distance, but even that was pushing it. They were on the scaffolding towers directly across from their intended building facade. If you were to mount them on top of a building, the chances of seeing any type of projection effect is very minimal.

These projectors aren't like the ones that project the logos (21 spades last year) onto buildings. They need to align with the structure in order to achieve a certain effect.

• Like 1

Unless the parade doesn't happen? I know it's part of their celebration, but has it been confirmed that they'll have it running during HHN? After all, if I'm remembering correctly, we supposedly couldn't have the parade building this year because of the new floats, and that's where the 7th house is now.

Unless the parade doesn't happen? I know it's part of their celebration, but has it been confirmed that they'll have it running during HHN? After all, if I'm remembering correctly, we supposedly couldn't have the parade building this year because of the new floats, and that's where the 7th house is now.

The parade isn't stopping for HHN time most likely. It's too popular. They have to stop UCS on event nights as they can't show a nighttime show at 5.

Edited by foREVer56

The parade isn't part of their "celebration". It has nothing to do with the 100th anniversary. It is just a fun addition to the park that gives people something else to do while there.

While the 4 new floats & their seperate mini units are one of the reasons why the parade building couldn't be used again is true, that issue was resolved. They just shifted the rest of the floats around (a few MG floats were already covered with tarps and parked under the parade pavilion). They always had some extra space in there, but it was needed for maintenance & accessibility of each float. The new floats are not cheap. So all they did was shift around the floats for Macys/MG to acquire the needed space for the house.

Like Peter said... the parade is popular. They're not going to stop running it for two months just to have elaborately themed scarezones. Since the park closes at 5pm, the parade time (5pm) will most likely be bumped up to 3 or 4pm so that way it gives them enough time to kick everyone out of the park. This will also likely result in the street shows happening once for each unit earlier in the day opposed to twice.

The parade isn't stopping for HHN time most likely. It's too popular. They have to stop UCS on event nights as they can't show a nighttime show at 5.

From what I understand, though (and not being an Orlando native, I could be totally wrong about this), October is not a peak time of the year. Do they normally keep up the same level of activity in September/October that they do over the summer months? I'm just wondering if the (assumed) lower attendance would still warrant this parade?

From what I understand, though (and not being an Orlando native, I could be totally wrong about this), October is not a peak time of the year. Do they normally keep up the same level of activity in September/October that they do over the summer months? I'm just wondering if the (assumed) lower attendance would still warrant this parade?

They already have to nix the lagoon show for a couple of nights a week. They wont stop the BRAND NEW parade and lagoon show together just for HHN.

They already have to nix the lagoon show for a couple of nights a week. They wont stop the BRAND NEW parade and lagoon show together just for HHN.

Right. And if this was in July or August, I'd completely agree. But as I wrote above (and I plead some amount of ignorance here, so please correct me if I'm wrong), October is not one of their heavy traffic months. Hence, HHN is there to help pull in people in the down months. Given that, do the costs of the parade (employees, upkeep, etc) justify the return for the amount of people they have visiting the park? If not, then is it so hard to believe that they'd scrap the parade for that month in favor of the event that is a well known draw, particularly with all the money they're very clearly throwing into it this year?

And as for the lagoon show, I don't think we've heard one way or another on if there will be a HHN themed show, correct? I could see them putting one together at least featuring the IP's and a hypothetical icon, if nothing else. That would enable them to keep using that investment and tie up people, something they must be looking at doing this year, being down a house.

Disney runs multiple parades during their "slow season".... Universal only has one parade. This is a big step for them having it. Its not going anywhere. If Universal had not gotten the Superstar Parade... the park would be suffering from boredom & lack of entertainment.