HHN 22 Speculation

It won't be happening this year. I can guarantee you that. If we were to be getting a "Lovecraft" house, it'd be located in a soundstage and not something that could be built within a month before rehearsals in a last minute location. However, Mike Aiello said last year that they have been planning a Lovecraft house, but want to do it properly. So It might happen within the next year or so, but definitely not this year.

I think that "photograph" maybe has to do with H.P. Lovecraft because he had written a short story called, "The Picture in the House". I don't know. But I have a good feeling about an Lovecraft house.

^See above answer.... and then this:

something based on the Universal Monsters/100 years of universal horror.

But I would like to see a "dead exposure style house"

Take both of those and put them together.... and that is "photograph"...

but like its been said many times already... we are not sure if that particular concept was ever approved.

I think maybe you didn't read my post correct;ly...its was speculation, and if you recall i stated maybe a house like MyX at HOS but with zombies or w/e...A sequel doesn't have to follow the EXACT SAME STORY, they could change it for HHN 22...I don't think you give A&D enough credit. Just because its a sequel to DE doesn't make it necessarily the same story...Know what I mean...I don't want to piss ne one off but Thats my opinion...just a thought, I don't work at USO...lol...obviously...but That's just my idea. It would work with AC being right there....not trying rock the boat...*napoleon dynamite voice*...GEEZ. Carry on.

It's difficult to "read your post correctly" while wading through the stream of word vomit, but the term you're loosely grasping at is called a thematic sequal. But even if the rumored photograph house came to fruition, the only similarity to be found would be the use of intermittent strobes, but it is highly unlikely they would be meant to resemble a camera flash akin to DE, as it was employed to tie in the backstory of our photographer. Hence nothing about it could be considered a sequel. Otherwise I could state that The Matrix and The Lion King were sequels because they both included CGI.

• Like 4

I was highly disappointed with P&T before actually seeing the official release. Now I think that they may just pull it off. They're just trying to tell us that everything's all right, when it really isn't....I like that idea a lot. Sounds like a lot of fun.

As for the theme being zombies....well, HOS did pull it off very well last year. They even had different themed zombies...I remember there being clown zombies, Egyptian zombies, and radioactive zombies amongst others. I felt that their unthemed streets (though themed actors) pulled off a better atmosphere than HHN's streets last year.

If HHN does nothing but roaming zombies this year, they definitely will just look like they're copying HOS...and if it's only a TWD theme, then they won't be able to achieve what HOS did because the zombies will all be the freaking same.

the only thing I'm a little worried is that for costumes they might just have dirty clothes and a bunch of blood on their faces, Which Yes that's exactly what zombies are, but, I wish they had weird messed up faces, maybe make up making it look like their noses are missing, or the skull showing, I kinda hope the zombies look like some of the actors from Seven last year, like the snake guys,

i really hope they don't just do a little make up, blood dirty clothes and that's it, that would be disappointing I think

the only thing I'm a little worried is that for costumes they might just have dirty clothes and a bunch of blood on their faces, Which Yes that's exactly what zombies are, but, I wish they had weird messed up faces, maybe make up making it look like their noses are missing, or the skull showing, I kinda hope the zombies look like some of the actors from Seven last year, like the snake guys,

i really hope they don't just do a little make up, blood dirty clothes and that's it, that would be disappointing I think

The TWD press release or the huffpo article mentioned access to the prosthetic molds used in the show.

I'm hoping they would not limit the use of these molds to only the house. If we are getting roaming TWD hordes, then I would expect to see these molds used in the streets as well.

• Like 2

I kinda hope every single zombie looks like this, that would make up for the lack of props on the horde zones, I really hope they don't go the painted faces route.. I mean, if they do it will just be a little disappointing

! Edited by black mask

It's difficult to "read your post correctly" while wading through the stream of word vomit, but the term you're loosely grasping at is called a thematic sequal. But even if the rumored photograph house came to fruition, the only similarity to be found would be the use of intermittent strobes, but it is highly unlikely they would be meant to resemble a camera flash akin to DE, as it was employed to tie in the backstory of our photographer. Hence nothing about it could be considered a sequel. Otherwise I could state that The Matrix and The Lion King were sequels because they both included CGI.

If you can;t understand what I'm writing I'm sorry , but to come out and attack someone because you want to be a jerk doesn't seem okay. By the way, My post stated maybe rockstars and zombies...fits with TWD and AC, it was just a thought, if you don't like it fine but why the hell do you feel the need to try and shut me up, ON A SPECULATION THREAD. I was just giving an idea and if it doesn't happen, guess what I'm not mad. It was a guess, an estimate, an inference... you get the idea...I'm tired of posting my thoughts and having people tell me I'm fundamentally wrong, when that's impossible in speculation. But after hearing recant thoughts I don't think the Parade Building house is going to be 100 years of horror...HHN 23 will be that....The house, if it's made or approved or w/e. if it isn't zombies will probably be another Universal horror monster house...

• Like 1

My post sought to cover three points:

1. It was difficult to understand what you were speculating on. (Thank you for clarifying)

2. Thematic sequel (In helping you support your own argument)

3. My speculation on your idea of a sequel most likely being incorrect.

My coming across as a jerk was unwarranted, but also unintended. Would it help if I put a :P after every sentence? :P

As for speculation, what monsters/characters do we think will be featured in "photograph", if the theme relates to the 100 years and "classics"? Also, any ideas on what the sets would be inside the house?

1. It was difficult to understand what you were speculating on. (Thank you for clarifying)

My coming across as a jerk was unwarranted, but also unintended. Would it help if I put a :P after every sentence?

As for speculation, what monsters/characters do we think will be featured in "photograph", if the theme relates to the 100 years and "classics"? Also, any ideas on what the sets would be inside the house?

the smileys do help a lot lol :timewarp::mama:

• Like 1

My coming across as a jerk was unwarranted, but also unintended. Would it help if I put a :P after every sentence? :P

Yes smiles do help...lol :) We'll probably see all the classic monsters, as well as some new ones , I'm just afraid we may get a case of been here done that...god i hope not. I would really like to see the classics portrayed like they were in HHN 19 houses, they seemed "new" and fresh really felt great seeing the characters we know and love in a new light. I think they may use old set pieces from HHN 19 too...iIt'll be cool to see some of my favorite wolf man scenes...

• Like 1

But after hearing recant thoughts I don't think the Parade Building house is going to be 100 years of horror...HHN 23 will be that....The house, if it's made or approved or w/e. if it isn't zombies will probably be another Universal horror monster house...

Why do you think it'll be used in HHN 23 instead?

^because Universal's first horror movie was released in 1913...see a whole 100 years of fear HHN, 100 years later...and the icon...the first movie's star, Jekyll/Hyde...it's actually only the 99th anniversary this year.

Edited by ivegonhick

I agree that they did a great job with Dracula and Wolfman back in '09, at least in my opinion, although I can't remember anything from Frankenstein lol. I feel it would be difficult though to take a house from a sound stage and have it become a single room, I'm guessing, inside of the parade building. Although it could be pulled off, I'm not sure if it would have the overall feel that came from walking into a castle and being completely immersed in the setting. I truly hope this is the direction they go with this house though.

Would they be able to use flyers (such as the flying vampires) in the parade building?

Would they be able to use flyers (such as the flying vampires) in the parade building?

Good question...IDK, it looks tall enough for flyers but I'm not sure of the space needed for the mechanism, the SS are a hell of a lot taller then the parade building...but HHn is a wonderful event, and they have some really smart people in charge, so if they deem flyers necessary, then flyers we will have.

You guys are forgetting about the other half of the rumored "classic" house.... the DE aspect... so there would be no high quality set design. Only black walls & black-light reflective paint. Limited on costume detail. So it would be House/Museum of Horrors with a DE overlay. If there was ever going to be any "detail", it would come from the facade, which could easily be the Universal Palace Theater (2009's Silver Screams facade) and it wouldn't need to be changed since the marquee already said "Phantom of the Opera"...

However... getting excited for this house right now is pointless, since as its been said, it may have not even gotten approved. They might have something completely different lined up for the 7th house.

^that may be the most exciting news of all...we usually have a good idea of what the houses are going to be by this time, but we know nothing of at least 2 houses, other then a "clue word" Maybe we will be getting some serious surprises this year.

I know this may be absurd, but does any one think that since HOS has ALONE, that the parade building may be the home of the long rumored HHN extreme house? I know this may sound funny, but if it were true, don't you think it would be the last house announced, with little or misinformation leading up to it's reveal? Just a thought I had, most likely not tho huh?

The monsters featured would probally be Frankenstien, the wolfman, Dracula, creature from the black lagoon, the mummy, phantom of the opera and maybe the hunchback. It's possible we could see Chucky, Norman Bates, the thing, the invisible man, maybe even Shaun of the dead again. I feel like its very possible we could see this house if the "dead exposure" house doesn't happen.

I know this may be absurd, but does any one think that since HOS has ALONE, that the parade building may be the home of the long rumored HHN extreme house? I know this may sound funny, but if it were true, don't you think it would be the last house announced, with little or misinformation leading up to it's reveal? Just a thought I had, most likely not tho huh?

No I see no possibility of it. with the lack of a house and the scrambling for locations. On top of that I don't think it will happen for a while.

however, we did have an extreme house in the past. It was built, showed up on the map, and was pulled at tthe last moment. Wesker did a

No I see no possibility of it. with the lack of a house and the scrambling for locations. On top of that I don't think it will happen for a while.

however, we did have an extreme house in the past. It was built, showed up on the map, and was pulled at tthe last moment. Wesker did a

i would to love to see the waiver you would have to sign to get into that house...that would be so intense

The monsters featured would probally be Frankenstien, the wolfman, Dracula, creature from the black lagoon, the mummy, phantom of the opera and maybe the hunchback. It's possible we could see Chucky, Norman Bates, the thing, the invisible man, maybe even Shaun of the dead again. I feel like its very possible we could see this house if the "dead exposure" house doesn't happen.

The "dead exposure" aka photograph is the rumored classic monster house. They are the same house idea. We just don't know if it was approved.

Could they do a 100 yrs of horror without doing the DE treatment? Yes, but the rumor was it would be given a DE treatment. . And considering this house began construction, most likely at the beginning of this month, the DE treatment would be the easiest approach.

The "dead exposure" aka photograph is the rumored classic monster house. They are the same house idea. We just don't know if it was approved.

Could they do a 100 yrs of horror without doing the DE treatment? Yes, but the rumor was it would be given a DE treatment. . And considering this house began construction, most likely at the beginning of this month, the DE treatment would be the easiest approach.

is their any other rumors for what else this house could be, i understand its a 75% sure its going to be a DE calsic monster house but everyone is saying no one knows for sure....any other rumors floating around on what it could be

is their any other rumors for what else this house could be, i understand its a 75% sure its going to be a DE calsic monster house but everyone is saying no one knows for sure....any other rumors floating around on what it could be

To my knowledge, another rumor hasn't surfaced.

We had heard that it may not have been approved or it could have been scraped. With the musical house locations this year, it's amazing that we've been able to keep any of the rumors and house locations straight.