HHN 22 Speculation

^I actually wouldn't mind this type of scenario for the house. It would actually be a good "loose" follow-up to last years "7" scarezone.

However, I wouldn't look to far into the whole water/rainstorm aspect. I would personally love a "storm" sequence (with lightning). I'm sure the house will mostly play up the "stone by day, winged demon by night" aspect. (maybe with glowing eyes like this...)

gargoyles-001.jpg

(yes.... this was totally an excuse to shamelessly plug the 90s cartoon... again) :P

LMAO yea I noticed

Just keep talkin' dirty to me...

:P kidding lol

Just me, or did this remind anyone of the Mothman a little bit? ......now THAT'S an interesting thought. Haven't there been conspiracy theories about the mothman appearing during end-of-world/apocalyptic events? O_o connecting dots....connect connect connect....

The Mothman supposedly appears shortly before a disastrous event, such as the Silver Bridge collapse in West Virginia. However, to my recollection, that's actually the only disaster it's appeared at, and was accompanied by reports of UFO's, Men in Black, and I believe paranormal activity as well?

The Mothman supposedly appears shortly before a disastrous event, such as the Silver Bridge collapse in West Virginia. However, to my recollection, that's actually the only disaster it's appeared at, and was accompanied by reports of UFO's, Men in Black, and I believe paranormal activity as well?

LMFAO I loveeeee that guy...he's so zany and he's completely convinced of what he's talking about. And the hair...just the hair.

I think I saw pics of some mothman sighting around 9/11...but I'm sure they were doctored, bc that's insane/weird/too much.

Anyway, back to speculating lol I like the creepy cathedral idea a lot...and the idea of gargoyles coming to life amidst other "mannequin" gargoyles...I always jump at those types of tricks, never fails.

at first i was excited for p&t but after this and reading the description im no longer that excited......jus seemes like another post apocalyptic (yes im claiming a nuclear explosion as apocalyptic)....the walking dead is post apocalyptic even though the argument is there for its not, and the same for silent hill.....3 out of the 4 confirmed houses are post disaster/apocalyptic i think we have our theme

at first i was excited for p&t but after this and reading the description im no longer that excited......jus seemes like another post apocalyptic (yes im claiming a nuclear explosion as apocalyptic)....the walking dead is post apocalyptic even though the argument is there for its not, and the same for silent hill.....3 out of the 4 confirmed houses are post disaster/apocalyptic i think we have our theme

Prove to me how Silent Hill is apocalyptic. There is nothing about Silent Hill, the games, the movies, the stories, or the characters, that is apocalyptic. Stop trying to shoehorn in a theme that doesn't exist.

EDIT - And in the interest of "proof," here's mine.

Go to wikipedia and the Silent Hill interest.

Hit Ctrl+F (to bring up "Find Word.")

Enter, "Apocalypse" and hit, "Enter."

Profit.

7705576370_a2709edef0_b.jpg

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

at first i was excited for p&t but after this and reading the description im no longer that excited......jus seemes like another post apocalyptic (yes im claiming a nuclear explosion as apocalyptic)..

there is nothing about this house that is "just another ________".

The "nuclear" concept might come across as cliched for a 3D house, but you have to remember... this is P&T.. master illusionists.. working with A&D. You should be nothing but excited after getting more insight on the house.

Looks like we have confirmation of P&T? Also talks about the concept and story of the house, as well as shows a few people in costume. So if you don't like spoilers...

http://blogs.orlando...nted-house.html

Hmm...well I'll be honest, telling from the picture and descriptions, I'm not sure I'm as excited about this house as I am abt Silent Hill, BUT I'm definitely open to it, and I'm definitely glad they made it 3D...reminds me a lot of the In-Between last year when I try to imagine it, especially with the radioactive element. It's good to hear they collaborated heavily with the UNI team...P&T have creative minds. It sounds like, in the house (through videos), they try to sell a destroyed, radioactive Vegas as a totally normal thing (a la stepford wives gone nuclear, perhaps).

Seeing showgirls-gone-radioactive should be cool lol....

Alright so now MY question is...where does this leave us in terms of an overall theme? I was thinking maybe P&T would be the unofficial hosts (I won't use the dangerous "icon" word for fear of a debate that's 15 pages long...) but obviously, that's not the case. Seems like, from what the website looks like, they're part of just that one house...and maybe they'll be part of the marketing, sure, but the theme won't have to do with them. I know, I know, everyone is saying there won't be a theme....but can't a girl dream? :P

Prove to me how Silent Hill is apocalyptic. There is nothing about Silent Hill, the games, the movies, the stories, or the characters, that is apocalyptic. Stop trying to shoehorn in a theme that doesn't exist.

EDIT - And in the interest of "proof," here's mine.

Go to wikipedia and the Silent Hill interest.

Hit Ctrl+F (to bring up "Find Word.")

Enter, "Apocalypse" and hit, "Enter."

Profit.

silent hill is supposed to be a "Hell world" more or less, where your fears and guilt's comeback and kill you, pyramid head is a "demon" really hes represents guilt...all the monsters and such represent your worst fears and feelings and are all labled as demons, when demons take over the earth which is what the christian bible says they will destroy life...so yes thats post apocalyptic...a stretch, maybe but not hard to see as that either

I just took a survey on the HHN website, and it said this years theme is "AMC's The Walking Dead".

So I'm guessing that's our answer.

I took the survey.. after the questions regarding the theme, in the comments, I put something along the lines of:

"I had no idea of the theme until you told me in this survey"

• Like 1

I took the survey.. after the questions regarding the theme, in the comments, I put something along the lines of:

"I had no idea of the theme until you told me in this survey"

I basically said the same thing. Along with telling them their site is currently boring as dirt.

If TWD is the theme, they better have TONS of walkers in these hordes...

• Like 4

The comment that i left for them regarding the theme:

by having TWD as a "theme" the following year HOS does a "zombie event", was rather lame & made it look like HHN was copying. The only difference is they're doing it with an IP to make it seem "different". Then pointed out that they should've gone with P&T's Newkd Vegas concept as the theme since it would be the perfect follow-up to HHN 21's "lady luck" concept.

• Like 1

Too bad so sad! No body cares if HOS had a Zombie theme last year...You all seriously didn't think TWD would be the theme? The website background screams it!! And all those leaked event descriptions of flesh rotting zombies and trying to escape infection!...

Honestly I think this is a really cool theme for the event!(: and at least we are getting a theme...

So the survey confirms that The Walking Dead is this year's theme? Kinda makes sense when you think about it. The picture for The Walking Dead house is the largest on the website. The way I look at it, TWD is like SAW in 2009. Yeah we had an icon in the Usher and the tagline was "Ripped From The Silver Screen", but the main focus was on SAW. In my opinion of course.

like SAW in 2009. Yeah we had an icon in the Usher and the tagline was "Ripped From The Silver Screen", but the main focus was on SAW. In my opinion of course.

No. The main focus in 2009 was on SAW, Wolfman & Chucky.... they did nothing to promote The Usher (unless you count the Publix ticket standee with his hand in the window). It wasn't just on one IP... just like 2007's "main attraction" was NOES, F13 & TCM...

I feel like since this years theme is TWD ..that the billboards,Commercial, Publix ads, and BK ads will be TWD...Mostly because that's the theme of this years event... But also I just can't see them advertising the other IPs.. except on the website and emails and facebook and twitter...

Too bad so sad! No body cares if HOS had a Zombie theme last year...You all seriously didn't think TWD would be the theme? The website background screams it!! And all those leaked event descriptions of flesh rotting zombies and trying to escape infection!...

Honestly I think this is a really cool theme for the event!(: and at least we are getting a theme...

Actually people do care. Have you not seen the large amount of complaints and comparisons to HOS this year?

There are people one the HHN FB page saying HOS is far more original this year. That Uni is dropping the ball. That the website sucks. That they don't even think they will go this year, and will go to HOS instead.

These are not the hardcore fan base, forum going people. This is the GP saying these things. The GP are far more important than we are.

We, as true fans who are willing to help the event, should inform Uni of the misconceptions, complaints, and thoughts of the GP.

Otherwise they will not know. Fans usually are willing to do surveys, give positive as well as negative responses. Explain in constructive ways where things need to be tweaked, because we love the event. The GP usually can't be bothered with these surveys. It takes away from their oh so precious time.

And how are the GP or anyone suppose to know the theme when it's not ON the website.

Just check out the FB page, every other post is:

What's the theme this year?

When are you going to release the theme?

I want to know the theme NOW!

People say it's SH. People say it's TWD. People say it's AC. And now people say it's P&T.

• Like 8

Would you believe.... Apocalypso??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Like 6