HHN 22 Speculation

I wouldnt mind la llorona here in florida in all honesty its a terrifying legend

I concur with this. I'm all for urban legends and cultural folklore. Actually, I wouldn't mind a Dia de los Muertos influenced event, with La Llorona and El Chupacabra houses, the return of Esqueleto Muerte as either a SZ or house, and some other new stuff.

La Llorona looked pretty cool from the videos I saw of it last year (especially the bedroom scene with the girl being eaten by the giant head).

Kind of wish Orlando was "sharing" this house instead of Alice Cooper, but we'll see, AC may turn out to be badass too.

The La Llorona character looks pretty similar to Orlando's version of Bloody Mary (although entirely different backstory) so maybe that's a reason why they didn't want to bring it here.

I concur with this. I'm all for urban legends and cultural folklore. Actually, I wouldn't mind a Dia de los Muertos influenced event, with La Llorona and El Chupacabra houses, the return of Esqueleto Muerte as either a SZ or house, and some other new stuff.

We almost got a chupacabra this year.

• Like 1

And I would have loved that house, too. I wonder why it was not to be? If it just didn't get past approval, or if all the shenanigans earlier this year caused it to fall by the wayside?

Because it got replaced by robots.

• Like 1

So, it was just a Hollywood announcement. Return of La Llorona.

According to Penn's twitter he is Orlando today so hopefully we will get the P&T announcement tomarrow

Penn Jillette ‏@pennjillette

Off to Orlando this morning. It's really early in the morning. Wicked early. Oh dear. There are other people up this early. Amazing.

According to Penn's twitter he is Orlando today so hopefully we will get the P&T announcement tomarrow

Yup, I posted that this morning.

From the UORHHN twitter:

We are getting ready to make another big announcement soon...Consider yourself warned.

So.....Silent hill...Finale of the house?

*QUIVER* barbed wire scene....

Just did some light reading (read: googling), and made a few observations about gargoyles:

• They were originally made as rainwater collectors/gutters, right? Maybe the house has something to do with water, or rainstorms...reaching far on this one, I know. Also, doesn't water have something to do with paranormal energy/activity?
  • They were believed to scare off evil creatures and spirits, but the church also used them for some time to scare people INTO coming to church. Maybe the cathedral/church idea isn't a bad one. They can go in a lot of different directions with it in terms of themes if that's the case.
  • If the kind of gargoyles Universal is giving us resemble certain TYPES of animals, that could also mean different things in terms of which sin they represent. For example, a serpent-looking gargoyle represents "envy", a lion-gargoyle represents "pride", a monkey-gargoyle represents "sloth", a goat-gargoyle represents "lust"...etc. etc. If the gargoyles look like a mixture of a bunch of different animal body parts thrown together, they can be a warning that the devil is being underestimated O_O Bottom line...maybe this has something to do with the 7 deadly sins.

Just speculating and whatnot :)

If the kind of gargoyles Universal is giving us resemble certain TYPES of animals, that could also mean different things in terms of which sin they represent. For example, a serpent-looking gargoyle represents "envy", a lion-gargoyle represents "pride", a monkey-gargoyle represents "sloth", a goat-gargoyle represents "lust"...etc. etc. If the gargoyles look like a mixture of a bunch of different animal body parts thrown together, they can be a warning that the devil is being underestimated O_O Bottom line...maybe this has something to do with the 7 deadly sins.

^I actually wouldn't mind this type of scenario for the house. It would actually be a good "loose" follow-up to last years "7" scarezone.

However, I wouldn't look to far into the whole water/rainstorm aspect. I would personally love a "storm" sequence (with lightning). I'm sure the house will mostly play up the "stone by day, winged demon by night" aspect. (maybe with glowing eyes like this...)

gargoyles-001.jpg

(yes.... this was totally an excuse to shamelessly plug the 90s cartoon... again) :P

They could probably re-purpose the InBetween winged demon costumes to work with the Gargoyle theme. They already have the glowing eyes and such. They could also use a sort of storm scene with wind and water, like last year in Forsaken. I think the gargoyle house is the one i am looking forward to the most as far as details go.

• Like 1

well the glowing effect in the In-Between scene was due to the blacklights. And that scene was definitely an affective scare because it got me a few times through-out the event. What made it work best was that they'd wrap their wings around them, so they'd more or less "disappear" into the darkness until they needed to "scare".

and yes, the wind & water effect from Forsaken would work great with some lightning strobe effects.

the house has a lot of potential... I'm hoping that UNI does an actual "announcement" for these original houses like Hollywood has done. Sure its not what we're used to, but i'm fine with them flat out announcing it lol

1. Off the top of my head, Universal has done only four explicitly "ghosts" houses in the past decade: Winter's Night, Legendary Truth, Ghost Town (2004) and Ship of Screams (2003). During rehearsals for HHN XX, the creative team described Legendary Truth as, "Our first attempt at a true 'haunted' house." By Universal's count, they haven't really done enough "Ghost" houses to really "tend" to do anything. Considering how good Ghost Town and Ship of Screams were, and that you actually enjoyed Winter's Night, I don't think you can accurately say they're boring.

What about Foresaken?

1. What about Foresaken?

I don't think they were ghosts. The ship went down and came back. If anything, they were zombies. They were similar to Davey Jones' crew in POTC.

But the fact that it's even slightly debatable means they weren't explicitly ghosts.