HHN 22 Speculation

HEY GUYS!

Remember that there are several members here with opinions that may not be as familiar with the event or how things work as some others. We're getting pretty tired of hiding posts because some can't stop acting like assholes to others with the witty remarks and sarcasm. This is a theme park event held for entertainment purposes. You are not some Norse god of Halloween Horror Nights. I'm going to start adding warning points leading to suspensions and bans when I have to remove a post because someone has to whip their e-peen out. Grow up and act your age.

• Like 29

Well I'd really like to hear what everyone has to say about the "victorian" house...Maybe we could be seeing something we've seen before?...I hope we don't get another scream house. Don't get me wrong i thought they we're all great, I just don't want to see that damn repeat house stuff anymore...Lesser events do that crap. HHn should not have to repeat a house EVER. I know this is a radical statement, but has the repeat house ever been able to live up to expectations? Take scrarepy for example in 2004. One of the best houses EVER. I believe the next time we saw scrarepy was in 2006. Don't get me wrong, The house wasn't BAD; but to compare it to the original by giving it the same name and basic story(plus jack), was, in my opinion, Insulting to the wonderful cast and designers that worked on the original. I know WHY HHN repeats houses I just hope we will never see that again.

I just realized that i got off topic. So minus a scream house repeat...which is unlikely, what does everyone think that this could be?

I just realized that i got off topic. So minus a scream house repeat...which is unlikely, what does everyone think that this could be?

I'm assuming something similar to or a continuation of Legendary Truth from 2010...that was the first thing that came to mind when I heard that's what we were getting...

^ Yeah, I figured as such...one can only hope though :P I figure if not directly attributed to LT, we'll still get something similar to the ideas that were presented in 2010. Who knows, perhaps 2010 was a trial for a 'haunted house'/'paranormal activity' style house. I didn't have a chance to venture though that house but from what I heard was that it was very hit or miss and the scares relied too much on perfect timing. Perhaps their trying this sort of house again and have since worked out the problems that LT had in an attempt to bring us an AMAZING house this year! :)

Well I'd really like to hear what everyone has to say about the "victorian" house...Maybe we could be seeing something we've seen before?...I hope we don't get another scream house. Don't get me wrong i thought they we're all great, I just don't want to see that damn repeat house stuff anymore...Lesser events do that crap. HHn should not have to repeat a house EVER. I know this is a radical statement, but has the repeat house ever been able to live up to expectations? Take scrarepy for example in 2004. One of the best houses EVER. I believe the next time we saw scrarepy was in 2006. Don't get me wrong, The house wasn't BAD; but to compare it to the original by giving it the same name and basic story(plus jack), was, in my opinion, Insulting to the wonderful cast and designers that worked on the original. I know WHY HHN repeats houses I just hope we will never see that again.

I really have no idea what to think about it, nothing, I don't know, I really hope it is not another ghost house, ghost houses tent to be so boring,

(except Winter's night of course) I really hope it is something else, I don't know, ghost houses tend to be kinda boring,

The term heavily associated with it is "Haunted," but it's also important to note that this house has a vortex (if it's THE vortex remains to be seen, though it's likely). So, it's a safe bet it will be something unique. A haunted house with a vortex can be easily tied to a movie series that is rumored for Hollywood, though I think it's unlikely this house will be an IP as well. It's possible, but I would be slightly surprised (more like a, "Huh... they did it..." versus a "OMG!!!!z!!!1!!"). EDIT - When I was initially told about this house, I was told that it MAY be tied to another Legendary Truth investigation. Just because LT isn't live, that doesn't mean they can't use it for a house. Legendary Truth, the website, isn't used to promote a singular house; it promotes the event. If there is no event story to attach LT to, it won't be used.

I really don't see how repeats make a "lesser" event though. Depending on what you want out of your haunts, HHN isn't all that impressive (but I digress).

I really have no idea what to think about it, nothing, I don't know, I really hope it is not another ghost house, ghost houses tent to be so boring,

(except Winter's night of course) I really hope it is something else, I don't know, ghost houses tend to be kinda boring,

Off the top of my head, Universal has done only four explicitly "ghosts" houses in the past decade: Winter's Night, Legendary Truth, Ghost Town (2004) and Ship of Screams (2003). During rehearsals for HHN XX, the creative team described Legendary Truth as, "Our first attempt at a true 'haunted' house." By Universal's count, they haven't really done enough "Ghost" houses to really "tend" to do anything. Considering how good Ghost Town and Ship of Screams were, and that you actually enjoyed Winter's Night, I don't think you can accurately say they're boring.

Now, there have been some implied ghost houses (Echoes of Shadybrook, specifically), but that wasn't a boring ghost house. That was just a poorly conceived and directed house (I say that because there was no specific answer to the "Are they ghosts" question).

Edited by Legacy

:o^_^

90's gargoyles reference....my childhood...oh geez

**die**

^weekdays, 4am on DisneyXD ;)

Parade- if photograph holds true, then the UPT facade would be perfect. i wonder if they already started building the house in a SS, could they just take it down and paste it into the Parade if the layout fits? maybe make some adjustments? If so, that wouldn't be completely rushed and could prove successful.

In regards to "Photograph", the house was never started/partially built. It was to be a replacement for AWIL, but was replaced by SH which had to be fast-tracked. But yes... if it indeed has become reality, UPT facade would be epic.

does anyone know anything about the scarezones yet? i cant wait to find out

Nothing will be known about scarezones until later this month when whatever scarezone themeing they do appears. Other than that, don't expect SZ info until the full website reveal & then whatever details leak out from rehearsals next month.

Take scrarepy for example in 2004. One of the best houses EVER. I believe the next time we saw scrarepy was in 2006. Don't get me wrong, The house wasn't BAD; but to compare it to the original by giving it the same name and basic story(plus jack), was, in my opinion, Insulting to the wonderful cast and designers that worked on the original.

First of all, the original Scareapy was in 2003.

Secondly, 2006's Scareapy was the best Scareapy out of the 4. How you thought it was an insult to the cast (some of who had worked the original)/designers (you do realize that the same people who designed the original, designed all 3 sequel houses?) The house finally got a proper facade. And it had one of the most successful (yet simple) effects- a blackout every 15 minutes. You'd hear Jack's "pop goes the weasel" song and then the entire asylum would "power down" into blackness which would send the scareactors into a frenzy. If you were lucky enough to witness the blackout when entering the soundstage, you'd see that the lighted windows of the facade also went out. 2006's house had the balance of scares & comedy. Something 2007 & 2010's Scareapy lacked.

• Like 2

HEY GUYS!

Remember that there are several members here with opinions that may not be as familiar with the event or how things work as some others. We're getting pretty tired of hiding posts because some can't stop acting like assholes to others with the witty remarks and sarcasm. This is a theme park event held for entertainment purposes. You are not some Norse god of Halloween Horror Nights. I'm going to start adding warning points leading to suspensions and bans when I have to remove a post because someone has to whip their e-peen out. Grow up and act your age.

Thank you, thank you so much. We are all here to have fun not to fight over technical details.

However, I am actually a Norse God of Halloween Horror Nights. But you don't have to worship me unless you want to.

• Like 13

Thank you, thank you so much. We are all here to have fun not to fight over technical details.

However, I am actually a Norse God of Halloween Horror Nights. But you don't have to worship me unless you want to.

I claimed HHN goddess on the Vault. :P

Any possible clues coming our way soon, good doctor?

I want to know if I should begin mourning the "photograph" house.

• Like 1

^weekdays, 4am on DisneyXD ;)

In regards to "Photograph", the house was never started/partially built. It was to be a replacement for AWIL, but was replaced by SH which had to be fast-tracked. But yes... if it indeed has become reality, UPT facade would be epic.

Nothing will be known about scarezones until later this month when whatever scarezone themeing they do appears. Other than that, don't expect SZ info until the full website reveal & then whatever details leak out from rehearsals next month.

First of all, the original Scareapy was in 2003.

Secondly, 2006's Scareapy was the best Scareapy out of the 4. How you thought it was an insult to the cast (some of who had worked the original)/designers (you do realize that the same people who designed the original, designed all 3 sequel houses?) The house finally got a proper facade. And it had one of the most successful (yet simple) effects- a blackout every 15 minutes. You'd hear Jack's "pop goes the weasel" song and then the entire asylum would "power down" into blackness which would send the scareactors into a frenzy. If you were lucky enough to witness the blackout when entering the soundstage, you'd see that the lighted windows of the facade also went out. 2006's house had the balance of scares & comedy. Something 2007 & 2010's Scareapy lacked.

your right about 2003 sorry bad memory...but i disagree w/you as concerns to scarepy 2006...yes the black out was cool but as i experienced it there were NO scare AT ALL I went to the event MANY times and not 1...the original was f'in SCARY...not so much funny...it's called Halloween HORROR nights, Not open mic night...I want SCARES. The original scarepy Was better, IMO,then ALL THE SEQUELS. And I know the majority of the designers and actors are the same year to year, but i think to compare the HHN 2003 cast and design team To 2006, is like comparing the '72 dolphins and the 2004 dolphins...technically the same team..............

it's called Halloween HORROR nights, Not open mic night..

Common misconception about HHN... it has never really been about the scares. The event at its core is one big halloween party. It always has been & always will be. Its main objective is to entertain. Scares come second because not everyone is going to find the same thing scary. Just because it has "fright" or "horror" in the name, doesn't mean it is required to provide such. Over the years it has expanded to provide more "chills than thrills" (depending on the year), but again, since people differ, the event will always cater to "fun".

Edited by WESKER69
  • Like 1

Common misconception about HHN... it has never really been about the scares. The event at its core is one big halloween party. It always has been & always will be. Its main objective is to entertain. Scares come second because not everyone is going to find the same thing scary. Just because it has "fright" or "horror" in the name, doesn't mean it is required to provide such. Over the years it has expanded to provide more "chills than thrills" (depending on the year), but again, since people differ, the event will always cater to "fun".

If you see at the end of my post i wrote "I want SCARES" Me, thats what I go to the event for...I wasn't trying to brand the event, or start a debate. I just go to go through the houses and get a good Halloween fright. Oh...Okay I also go to drink, you caught me. :D Just stating my 2 cents, wasn't trying to be controversial.

With the houses that have already been confirmed and the others that are pretty much unnoficially confirmed, this year is looking absolutely stacked when it comes to houses. I don't get how anyone could complain about any of them. Especially P&T. This years gonna be amazing.

• Like 2

it's called Halloween HORROR nights, Not open mic night...I want SCARES.

I don't go to get scared, I go to see what an amazing job Universal and the scareactors have done. The scares are awesome and definitely adds to it, but that's not the reason I love the event.

Edited by armyofrobots
  • Like 2