HHN 22 Speculation

I wouldn't really count on it, sure we will get a good facade, but not special

I don't knowwwwww...I may or may not have had a look at the facade (at least the little bit that's there) just recently...I don't think we'll be disappointed....

Edited by CoreySalyer
  • Like 1

Facade Spec

We know the Alice Cooper and Penn and Teller facades... so no need to speculate on them.

The Walking Dead - Hospital, though may include a tank in front of it as if you are walking along the streets of Atlanta to enter.

Silent Hill - Likely similar to The Thing facade last year with an open area allowing you to walk "into" the city. Obviously, the sign will be included, but the "small and tall" buildings are likely part of a cityscape.

Gargoyles - I've heard it's massive, so it's likely a cathedral.

19th Century - A mansion. We know Universal can do those well.

Parade Building - Now... this one I'm curious about. Because of the "last minute" nature of this house, I have a feeling they may be reusing a previous parade house layout and giving it a graphical overlay. If "Photograph" was approved as the concept for this house, I could easily see the layout being the same as '09, including the same facade. Simply painting the walls black and adding strobes would create a completely "new" house. Something else we have to consider though, is that we haven't had a "proper" facade for the parade building for the last two years. So it's sadly possible we may not get one again.

Or, to complete the "Hollywood-ification" of Orlando, they're bringing back the Forsaken. :lol:

• Like 1

About the P&T House/Facade...I played a little bit with the Screamscape picture using photoshop to make the fence clearer:

jkd94.jpg

We can see the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign smashed on the floor, some toxic barrels, the "grown evil"

SZ naked trees and one sign that says "...presents' NEW VEGAS".

So I'm assuming (based on this picture and Legacy's clues) that the house theme will be a

"new"/radioactive /post-apocaliptic Vegas after a nuclear test fail?

About the P&T House/Facade...I played a little bit with the Screamscape picture using photoshop to make the fence clearer:

jkd94.jpg

We can see the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign smashed on the floor, some toxic barrels, the "grown evil"

SZ naked trees and one sign that says "...presents' NEW VEGAS".

So I'm assuming (based on this picture and Legacy's clues) that the house theme will be a

"new"/radioactive /post-apocaliptic Vegas after a nuclear test fail?

Its like my Fallout: New Vegas dreams have come true! Btw this is a joke before any of you attack me.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 3

Facade Spec

A cathedral? That's sounds awesome actually...do we have any ideas abt what the main idea for this house could be? Gotten lost amid the P&T debates....

I hate referencing Disney on here, but gargoyles coming to life always reminds me of Hunchback of ND. Plus, the cathedral idea you just presented, @Legacy, connected those dots for me. But leaving the Disney part behind...I like the idea of a church gone evil....which also reminds me of Silent Hill, of course, but is there any other theme that could go with a dark church/cathedral? Apologies if this has been discussed already....been gone for a bit.

Its like my Fallout: New Vegas dreams have come true! Btw this is a joke before any of you attack me.

Hah, New Vegas is probably the most disappointing game I have ever played. I am surprised by the whole post-apocolyptic theming of the facade, possibly a clue that the event will actually be apcolyptic themed as many have speculated months ago.

Gargoyles aren't limited to cathedrals.... they can be on castles or buildings...

most of us have seen the 90s Gargoyles animated series... which should be looked at if you're going to bring up Disney's Hunchback

Edited by WESKER69

since it seems the 3 of the 4 houses are going to be post apocalyptic themed is it possible that an icon could be a mayan priest? since we arent going to get a mayan themed house maybe possibly just a scare zones that has that theme?

Facade Spec

The Walking Dead - Hospital, though may include a tank in front of it as if you are walking along the streets of Atlanta to enter.

Do you really think the tank might be there? I know they take liberties, but the hospital isn't in Atlanta in The Walking Dead. I thought ideally that we would enter the hospital and transition to Atlanta in the house with a street scene with a tank (of course that might be tough in the Disaster queue). We have had a vehicle in front of the Disaster house the past couple of years though, right? So I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see the tank.

Or, to complete the "Hollywood-ification" of Orlando, they're bringing back the Forsaken. :lol:

Haha, even though I loved that house so much, I'm glad this won't happen.

Hunchback does not need to be Disney linked. The absolutely horrific adaption Disney did is in no way comparable to the source material.

Am I the only person who saw the news articles stating that more of the Mayan calendar was found, and that these calendars extend well past 12/21/12?

A Mayan theme would be so disappointing.

• Like 2

since it seems the 3 of the 4 houses are going to be post apocalyptic themed is it possible that an icon could be a mayan priest? since we arent going to get a mayan themed house maybe possibly just a scare zones that has that theme?

How are "3 of the 4" houses post-apocalyptic? Silent Hill isn't post-apocalyptic, as the city is a place where evil has come to be born. Alice Cooper isn't post-apocalyptic as it's literally a journey into Steven's nightmare. The Walking Dead, while technically a zombie apocalypse, is marketed and recognizable more as a standard zombie haunt. The closest to a true "post-apocalyptic" house is Penn and Teller, and that could simply be a single nuclear explosion and not necessary "apocalypse." At best, 2 of the four known IP houses could be loosely tied a "post-apocalyptic."

The other two possible houses we know of, Gargoyles and the Mansion have no known apocalyptic aspect to them. And we know nothing about the Parade building.

At this point, an over-arching theme, and especially an icon, are exceedingly doubtful. Trying to shoehorn a clue into everything doesn't work.

• Like 1

How are "3 of the 4" houses post-apocalyptic? Silent Hill isn't post-apocalyptic, as the city is a place where evil has come to be born. Alice Cooper isn't post-apocalyptic as it's literally a journey into Steven's nightmare. The Walking Dead, while technically a zombie apocalypse, is marketed and recognizable more as a standard zombie haunt. The closest to a true "post-apocalyptic" house is Penn and Teller, and that could simply be a single nuclear explosion and not necessary "apocalypse." At best, 2 of the four known IP houses could be loosely tied a "post-apocalyptic."

The other two possible houses we know of, Gargoyles and the Mansion have no known apocalyptic aspect to them. And we know nothing about the Parade building.

At this point, an over-arching theme, and especially an icon, are exceedingly doubtful. Trying to shoehorn a clue into everything doesn't work.

I apologize for the nit picking, but shouldn't WTMN be a journey into Vincent's nightmare?

I apologize for the nit picking, but shouldn't WTMN be a journey into Vincent's nightmare?

:lol:

You would think so, but the album the house is built off of is a concept album.

From Wikipedia:

It is a concept album; the songs, heard in sequence, form a journey through the nightmares of a child named Steven.
  • Like 1

Well, the title "Welcome to MY Nightmare" implies that it's a journey through the mind of Vincent aka Alice Cooper. :P

If that's not the case, I then stand corrected. Carry on. :)

Edited by Reaper

Its going to be interesting to see how TWD is going to be set out. In the series there are alot of open plan landscapes that they couldnt possibly include so im excited to see how they are going to pull this off. I think TWD and SH are going to be pretty good so im excited to see how they are going to end up :)

Gargoyles aren't limited to cathedrals.... they can be on castles or buildings...

most of us have seen the 90s Gargoyles animated series... which should be looked at if you're going to bring up Disney's Hunchback

:o^_^

90's gargoyles reference....my childhood...oh geez

**die**

Hunchback does not need to be Disney linked. The absolutely horrific adaption Disney did is in no way comparable to the source material.

Am I the only person who saw the news articles stating that more of the Mayan calendar was found, and that these calendars extend well past 12/21/12?

A Mayan theme would be so disappointing.

You have a point abt the source material...it is a creepy story in and of itself. And the ending as Hugo wrote it...obviously even creepier. But not really HHN material necessarily...it's a loose concept floating around in my head anyway.

I agree, a Mayan theme would be really disappointing. It's 2012, we get it...end of world, blah blah blah. Maybe it'll be referenced, but made into a theme? Ugh I hope not. Really, I'm just dying for A&D to release more info...patience was never a virtue of mine :blush:

I don't think a one theme connecting everything is needed, sometimes I feel it limits what they do,

but I hope we at least get an Icon, even if it's a terrible Icon like Fear lol

I'm a Vegas nut so I am pumped for P&T... I really like the facade a lot... I am just wondering what would be inside... like a jacked up carrot top, freaky ass cirque du solei things running around, maybe see Donnie and Marie Osmond as being eatin by an Elvis zombie... No i'm not serious but I would looooove it

Edited by LuitaChris
  • Like 2

Facade Spec

Parade Building - Now... this one I'm curious about. Because of the "last minute" nature of this house, I have a feeling they may be reusing a previous parade house layout and giving it a graphical overlay. If "Photograph" was approved as the concept for this house, I could easily see the layout being the same as '09, including the same facade. Simply painting the walls black and adding strobes would create a completely "new" house. Something else we have to consider though, is that we haven't had a "proper" facade for the parade building for the last two years. So it's sadly possible we may not get one again.

TWD-The tank would be out of place, as someone already mentioned, a tank wasn't seen until the end of episode 1 in Atlanta. The main character(forgot his name)wakes up in a hospital outside of Atlanta, so that wouldn't make too much sense. I think we may see the entrance to that town, maybe the gas station you first see as the first episode opens, or simply a hospital entrance.

Gargoyles-Could be a castle too, but most likely one of those.

Parade-if photograph holds true, then the UPT facade would be perfect. i wonder if they already started building the house in a SS, could they just take it down and paste it into the Parade if the layout fits? maybe make some adjustments? If so, that wouldn't be completely rushed and could prove successful.

Or just change the green eyes on the Forsaken masks to red and make it a sequel with "different" crew members :P.

maybe see Donnie and Marie Osmond as being eatin by an Elvis zombie

i would die of laughter if that happened :D.