HHN 22 Speculation

Wesker... I will take the bait...

I think the gargoyle house could be a sleeper hit this year since it has the potential for some unique scares and techniques. I totally can see a room with mirrors like you mentioned. Also as others have stated, a room where we play the always fun game "Which one is real". What I am interested to see is the time period in which the house and story is placed. Will it be a modern gargoyles attack or will it be set a number of years ago. I would logically lean to a more present day time period for the house so it is not to close to the Victorian haunted house we are rumored to get. TBH Victorian time period is where I think gargoyles would fit best since many of the GP make that connection. I love the idea of gargolyes... what will they look like? I would like to see some from the IB return.

Had a crazy thought... What if the gargoyle creatures escaped from IB and are getting their own house? In a college dorm?

To say the least... I'm ready for the info to be released from some of the other 3 houses.

Nope. That is part of Potter... therefore it can't be touched. And it will have LED screens for windows, so they'd have to create an all new video to play, which wouldn't really be that exciting. Plus the whole Potter expansion thing wont be opening until 2014 or somewhere around that time-frame.

While it is a nice thought... it won't happen...

I thought Rowling gave Universal permission to use her characters for HHN if they chose to....(which would be SICK).

I've always wondered why they use the word "maze"instead of house in Hollywood. It's not like there are multiple paths that lead to dead-ends or anything.

....that's a ridiculously intriguing idea though, the thought of multiple paths and dead-ends. Terrifying...and intriguing.

I thought Rowling gave Universal permission to use her characters for HHN if they chose to....(which would be SICK).

Universal can't use the Potter characters in the park in WWOHP during regular park hours... hence the lack of photo-op with Harry, Dumbledore, Voldemort etc look-a-like face characters... WWOHP has strict guidelines & rules. Using Potter characters will NEVER happen for HHN.

I've always wondered why they use the word "maze"instead of house in Hollywood. It's not like there are multiple paths that lead to dead-ends or anything.

I think it has to do with Knott's being such a big player over here, or at least in the past. When they created the Haunted Theme Park idea, they called the Haunted Houses "mazes" because they wanted it to feel like a maze, where you couldn't figure out how to get out. They have tried actual maze concepts at various places over the years, on the west coast at least. Knott's did a maze in the 90's that had dead ends and separate paths, but it was a capacity nightmare and everybody just followed the path of the people in front of them, causing the monsters on the other path to get bored and such. Queen Mary has done a maze like this the past 2 years with separate paths and dead ends. I've actually been in this maze, and let me tell you, it was a very weird experience not knowing where the hell you're going, lol. Oh, and there are rumors for a Knott's maze this year to use a similar concept to this in one of their mazes.

Edited by Hauntfan

....that's a ridiculously intriguing idea though, the thought of multiple paths and dead-ends. Terrifying...and intriguing.

just be in the park before HHN and go to the holding places and you can be the very first person in the house, i did that for the foresaken last year and i ended up behind a wall and did a lot of zig zagging in the bigger rooms....a lot of "is this the way to go?"..."nope theres a bunch of creppy people over there so im going the other way" lol

Gargoyles.... Stone by day, By night... THEY LIVE AGAIN!!!...

aaaannnnnndddd GO!

i'm really looking forward to this house.I think it has great potential to have interesting design/effects, plus be scary as hell. Hell, this could be our 3D house along with another certain brightly lit house.

I'm imagining similar costumes to that of some of the scareactors in The In Between (minus the bright colors) mixed with the effect of the weeping angels from Winter's Night. Perhaps a flying scareactor like that from the Forsaken finale...the possibilities are endless...

• Like 1

HHN 2001's "RUN" supposedly had "maze-like" qualities... however... we're veering off speculation once again,.. (no wonder this thread has 70+ pages)

Gargoyles.... Stone by day, By night... THEY LIVE AGAIN!!!...

aaaannnnnndddd GO!

They Live???? That would be an awesome house. GIve you sunglasses before you go in, have skull faced people, and Rowdie Roddy Piper trying to kick your ass for a full 10min :)

• Like 1

They Live???? That would be an awesome house. GIve you sunglasses before you go in, have skull faced people, and Rowdie Roddy Piper trying to kick your ass for a full 10min :)

Give us ANY HOUSE that lasts a full ten minutes and I think all of us would be the happiest of camping ghouls.

On the Gargoyles - I love the idea of doing something similar to Weeping Angels (Weeping Gargoyles - where have I heard that before? :P ). I agree, this has the potential to be an amazing and scary house. Misdirection and "what's real" works so well with a concept like this.

HHN 2001's "RUN" supposedly had "maze-like" qualities... however... we're veering off speculation once again,.. (no wonder this thread has 70+ pages)

aaaannnnnndddd GO!

RUN started off with a maze of old mattresses narrowly stacked around and on top of you. Often, you would find yourself through a different mattress path as a previous trip through the house. You were then lead out to the 2nd part of the house which was all chainlink fences. The routes would then open and be shut off by the scareactors. The scareactors would be in sections of these fences with crowbars, etc all around you. So you couldn't get "lost" or "dead-end'ed" but you ended up changing paths multiple times and giving the house almost always a difference experience each time.

The 2nd version of RUN was nothing like the original, it was such a disappointment.

Honestly, probably the best HHN house concept I've seen to date, but I'm not sure if these types of houses would be possible with today's capacity.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Silent Hill Scarezone Either, I really really wish it happens and I hope it does,

but there have never been an IP house and zone together, and then look at 2007,

I hope they do one, but I dont think they will

but there have never been an IP house and zone together

^technically... this isn't true.

2007's "TCM" - the Chainsaw Drill Team were lead by Sheriff Hoytt and they had the Hewitt Family BBQ (cant remember what it actually said) van parked nearby

2008's "Doomsday" - the chainsaws were all "freak"-like to tie into the atmosfear of the house. (Mohawks, ripped black clothes, markings, painted faces)

So it is possible for IP houses to have scarezones tied into them. Unfortunately, any IP houses in a soundstage, they have to find a different location within the park. Honestly, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. In regards to Silent Hill, I'd rather not have the SZ directly next to the house because it will only make that area even more of a clusterf*ck...

^technically... this isn't true.

2007's "TCM" - the Chainsaw Drill Team were lead by Sheriff Hoytt and they had the Hewitt Family BBQ (cant remember what it actually said) van parked nearby

2008's "Doomsday" - the chainsaws were all "freak"-like to tie into the atmosfear of the house. (Mohawks, ripped black clothes, markings, painted faces)

So it is possible for IP houses to have scarezones tied into them. Unfortunately, any IP houses in a soundstage, they have to find a different location within the park. Honestly, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. In regards to Silent Hill, I'd rather not have the SZ directly next to the house because it will only make that area even more of a clusterf*ck...

you are right about those two houses, I didn't think of that,

I still do not expect to see a Silent Hill zone,

but I hope they at least make a zone Inspired by Silent hill, what I mean is, maybe not the creatures or the costumes but maybe the walls falling and the sets and props of the zone will be like Silent hill

• Like 1

I personally would not expect to see any props/set pieces in NY, Production Central or Hollywood due to the Superstar Parade... except for fog machines.

The projections will most likely return, but i'd rather see them put to use better because despite many people fapping over their awesomeness, they really were not that amazing. The lighting was horrible and they only looked good from a distance (and even that is being generous). Honestly, they weren't really ready for the tech, at least not in the scale they tried to use it last year for Acid Assault.

Harry Warden (My Bloody Valentine) & a SAW pig (SAW films) were featured in 2009's "Horrorwood Die-In" scarezone, so I could easily see there being a SH nurse & pyramid head (stilts?) in the streets.

Hollywood's AC house last year had a stilt character, I'm not sure if they could have someone on stilts inside the Sprung Tent or not, but an AC related character could also make an appearance outside of the house somewhere, depending on what they do.

Did the 06 Hollywood zone have props?

I don't remember. I was only able to go one night that year.

If I remember correctly it was really just a photo op for past characters, and it had several stilt characters. Could we see something like that again?

We know the GP loves their photo ops, and if we have SH characters in the streets, they are going to want pictures.

Did the 06 Hollywood zone have props?

I don't remember. I was only able to go one night that year.

If I remember correctly it was really just a photo op for past characters, and it had several stilt characters. Could we see something like that again?

We know the GP loves their photo ops, and if we have SH characters in the streets, they are going to want pictures.

It had no props that I remember, just what each character carried around.

• Like 1

I dug out my copy of the (first) silent hill movie last night for the hell of it and stuck it in the old DVD player.

First off, with Universal being a MOVIE company and the second movie coming out, I would think it would play to that (much more than the video games and first movie). But that aside, I really think they need to have a Scare Zone....especially in the place(s) that they can't put any props. I would love to see ash falling, but don't know about that unless they did some bubble type stuff. I know they can do it in the houses, but just don't see it in the streets. If they had a handful of nurses doing the "strike a pose" thing and then some roaming guys to scare the hell out of you when you were checking them out, that would be awsome. They wouldn't need any props for that.

Of course, the building projections could be used (I quite liked them last year...but sounds like I'm in the minority about that). But then they should have some major fog machines with strong roof mounted lights shining down on them for the "whiteout affect". For liability reasons, they'd have to be in the middle of the street and a "no go" zone for the scareactors, but it would be pretty cool "entrance" and "exit" for the scare zone itself.

Also, it would be perfect for the "pictures vs no pictures" debate. Have the group of nurses gladly pose for pictures...bait if you will...for Pyramid Head and other Scaractors to come scare the hell out of you....or even photobomb your prictures. I had that happen once taking a picture and it was great!

I'm not getting into the "IP Scarezone possible?" debate...and maybe this is something better suited for the WISHFUL THINKING thread, but I'm stuck working on Sun and waiting for some work to come back to me so just throwing out some thoughts.