HHN 22 Speculation

Geez...next year we should have a whining thread since 3/4 of this one is just that...

Onto real speculation:

Since I don't have any "source" I won't play this silly "I know but I won't tell you" game, so here's what I know.

Sprung 2 WILL BE P&T. This is happening 100%, period.

Now, (this is the speculation part) it will be a Vegas related theme maze.

How do I know that? Yesterday I saw a pretty "Welcome to Las Vegas sign" heading to UO.

Today, some people have been saying they saw it too, but then this:

zdD4U.jpg

Courtesy of HorrorNightsArchive.

Here's the sign. Just in front of Sprung 2!

This brings a lot of possibilities for a P&T house, just keep an open mind on this one,

and please wait at least until the big reveal before bashing the house :)

Edited by Ely
  • Like 2

Hoping that they pull something interesting out of the bag sometime soon. I've been every year since Terra Cruentus, but unfortunately my group is considering going to Thirteenth Gate this year what with the current house reveals. I think Silent Hill could be great and I'm probably underestimating Alice Cooper's house, but last time I watched Walking Dead the show had devolved into a zombie-drama. Penn and Teller sounds awful, so I'm banking on the last three house reveals to bring us in. Hopefully they won't all be announced on Facebook...

Edited by jasonslfl

Do you guys think that due to a decreased house count, Uni would invest a little more in the scare zones? Not so much the numbers but the amount of stuff in a set. For me, a big problem of the scare zones was not the actors, but the ambience. I know we have had many safe scare zones in the past that relied on the actors more than the environment, but I felt like last year had a lot of great scenery in half of the scare zones, and then kind of lost it in others. For instance, they utilized the light effects very well on the buildings for Acid Assault, and the detail in "bat forest" was heavy. But then we had the Canyon scare zone which was just, well unflattering. I am wondering if they could move the man power and money from one house to multiple scare zones, if the money even works that way. Even without the extra setting, more fog is never a bad thing! :)

I think that's a great idea...and I don't think you're off in terms of how the "money works". I was under the impression that there would be 7, not 8, houses bc of the construction in the used-to-be-jaws area...so I'm not sure if that necessarily means they'll have more money in their budget. But let's say they do have extra $$...I'm not sure if their priority will be scare zones. Their next top priority might be merchandising or even the quality of the 7 houses. I love scarezones personally, so it would be great to see them reallocate those resources in that way...

I think you're on point with the scare zones from last year, and I think they can do a much better job with "distributing the wealth", as it were, throughout the scare zones. The Canyon SZ was disappointing for me both day and night when I walked through it...maybe I didn't time it correctly, but I just wasn't getting it. The Acid Assault SZ was, imo, an idea that could have been developed/executed a bit better. I know it's new technology, and trust me, when I first saw it, I thought it was cool...but it felt a little like a rushed idea they weren't 100% done developing yet. Anyway, I liked your suggestion :)

P&T should be pretty cool. They tend to be bloody and "adult themed" on stage, so the translation of some of their bloodier illusions should be pretty simple to add to a haunted house. Im really looking forward to see what on earth the A&D team can come up with when given such a well known and respected duo such as P&T. I expect this house to be the "dark humor house" this year but I'm sure I'm not the first person to make that assumption. Still really excited to see what the other houses are and if we won't actually get any original houses which i totally doubt. We shall wait and see.

Do you guys think that due to a decreased house count, Uni would invest a little more in the scare zones? Not so much the numbers but the amount of stuff in a set.

Short answer: no

Detailed answer: Do not expect anything detailed or elaborate for NY, Production Central, or Hollywood because that is the parade route. This means that the scarezones will have to be more like the 90s where it was scareactors & fog. Will there be any normal fully themed scarezones? Yes, there should be. Central Park to MIB could handle actual "themed" scarezones. San Francisco can also have a real scarezone.

But don't expect the decrease of a house to mean the increase in scarezones or scarezone quality. Especially since every year, the scarezones decreased in size, budget cut, or cut from the event all together. Universal likes to spend the least amount of money as possible since they already know they have your money practically in their pocket.

If its an IP, what has come out relatively recently that features a Victorian house? The woman in black? Dark shadows?

This sounds like a weird idea just typing it but...what about the Munsters? Aren't they rebooting that series?

Also, The Amityville Horror, The Orphanage, Insidious....idk if they're all in Victorian houses, but I remember the houses playing big roles.

Edited by justchristy

Maybe, to fit with the trend of the names of the houses we already know about, the next one to be announced will be "Penn & Teller: Welcome To Las Veas" :P Maybe we ARE actually getting that theme everyone is complaining about...the theme this year is looking to be "Welcome". The icon? A trio of a Wal-Mart greeter, a Moe's employee, and that guy at Disney's Beach Club who greets everyone walking in. You know, people who say "Welcome to..." a lot. Gonna be a great year...so glad to see we might FINALLY be getting that overarching theme ;)

Maybe, to fit with the trend of the names of the houses we already know about, the next one to be announced will be "Penn & Teller: Welcome To Las Veas" :P Maybe we ARE actually getting that theme everyone is complaining about...the theme this year is looking to be "Welcome". The icon? A trio of a Wal-Mart greeter, a Moe's employee, and that guy at Disney's Beach Club who greets everyone walking in. You know, people who say "Welcome to..." a lot. Gonna be a great year...so glad to see we might FINALLY be getting that overarching theme ;)

Penn and Teller is close to "Welcome to Las Vegas," but not exactly.

okay... sooo i'm going to veer speculation over to a different house momentarily and see what vomits from your minds... Here is a concept art image for the original version of "Museum of Horrors". It was going to be a 3-run house, yes that would be 3 separate houses with one overall theme. However, the 3rd house was scrapped & it was simply a "dual run". Anyway... this scene was specifically gargoyle themed. It featured the mirrored floor trick we saw in 2007 (Dead Silence) and 2008 (Interstellar Terror). And of course there would've been gargoyle scareactors in harnesses that would blend in with the architecture and would "come to life" for the scare...

165303_170838132961089_5464580_n.jpg

Is the facade for Tent #2 in it's normal spot?...Cause last year it was in a different spot

Yes... the Sprung Tent 2 facade is on the normal side this year. However, we know they can have the house exit anywhere, so the layout will definitely be different from last year.

I think the idea of both HHN Hollywood and Orlando working together is not a bad idea. Im personally interested in how they will advertise the event (my fingers crossed that they will have signs with the diffrent IPs and have a good tagline.) Also, I may be playing with the fire here, but is it possible that when the "Harry Potter Train" area opens, that Orlando could incorpate a Terror Tram (or maybe call it "The Terror Train :blink:) of there own? I probally doubt it, but just a possible idea.

is it possible that when the "Harry Potter Train" area opens, that Orlando could incorpate a Terror Tram (or maybe call it "The Terror Train :blink:) of there own? I probally doubt it, but just a possible idea.

Nope. That is part of Potter... therefore it can't be touched. And it will have LED screens for windows, so they'd have to create an all new video to play, which wouldn't really be that exciting. Plus the whole Potter expansion thing wont be opening until 2014 or somewhere around that time-frame.

While it is a nice thought... it won't happen...

I don't know why I haven't seen this or why it is not on HHN's website, but I thought I would share it with you all. Notice that John says "Alice Cooper is coming to HHN Orlando" but says "a new maze" is coming to Hollywood. Could this be our second show?

Notice that John says "Alice Cooper is coming to HHN Orlando" but says "a new maze" is coming to Hollywood. Could this be our second show?

By coming to "Orlando" he means that HHN Orlando is getting an "Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare" house.

Hollywood is getting "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell 3D"

and NO... Alice Cooper is NOT going to be performing at HHN... Here is a HHN Hollywood Twitter update explaining why:

@HorrorNights Wait so is Alice Cooper also going to be performing on at least one night?

No, he's on tour in England for a lot of it but I'm bugging him to come out (and his family, they came last year)

Edited by WESKER69

I don't know why I haven't seen this or why it is not on HHN's website, but I thought I would share it with you all. Notice that John says "Alice Cooper is coming to HHN Orlando" but says "a new maze" is coming to Hollywood. Could this be our second show?

No. Alice Cooper's [house] is coming to Orlando. Since AC was already at Hollywood, they are getting a new maze.