HHN 22 Speculation

ETA: I now have to Google the merely rumored IP hinted at for the Victorian house. I have a quarter, but I still haven't bought a clue.

Simple, really. A haunted house. Vortex. Creepy bedroom scene. Static TV...

Oh... Wait...

As far as my posts are concerned, I was simply stating that with no theme, I simply can't see how the event will tie together.

But why does it have to?

If you guys are so upset, DON'T GO. Speak with your wallets. That's really all you can do...and fill out surveys and stuff.

And the fact that you'd be cutting down on the lines for me is an added bonus :)

If you truly think that HHN hasn't gone down hill, and that SOME of the comments made on these boards...although made with a little too much vigor, are to some point right. No one here will stop going. We simply think the event COULD be better. I personally don't think the event is bad, but I'm also not a freak and I know that there are other events and that those other events are closing in fast, and the early signs are saying that instead of jumping the shark and innovating the event AGAIN, they SEEM to be going backwards...or at least in neutral. I don't think that is good enough for an event of HHN status. I LOVE HHN and will always support the event, I just think if it were my ship, I'd push the limit a little more...Love the guys and gals at A&D no disrespect, I know they don't have final say all the time. I think maybe the beef of a lot of you is that the event has actually gotten too big...Lots of drunk people mean lots of unhappy sober folks just trying to wait in these ungodly long lines. Maybe our anger is being aimed at the wrong target.
  • Like 1

Does the event have to have a central theme, the website extras, a cool story, a fun icon, etc. etc. etc. for me to go the event and enjoy it? Absolutely not! It has only a minor effect on me when I'm actually at the event. There, the house design and actors will make or break the event. So sure, it's "icing on the cake." But you know when that icing is really important? Now. Before the event, when it's the only thing to go on. It determines how fun the speculation period is. Compare the difference between checking all the Bloody Mary updates and the Legendary Truth site, to bland announcements over facebook informing you that such-and-such will have a house this year.

I personally love these months before the event because I love that Universal goes the extra mile for its fans. I'll go to the event every year if I can, but

I can easily skip anticipating the whole thing for months if all this "icing" that essentially defines the speculation period is deemed unnecessary.

Let's look at a scenario that I find unlikely, but people seem to be fearing -- let's assume mostly IP houses for a few years. Plus, let's assume Universal just announces all their houses like this, year in and year out, and there was no overarching theme or extras for fans. The event itself would be absolutely fine, but we don't need to talk about it from June-September. We'd have the house and SZ lists, and a quick glance at the boards could tell you the probable locations. With no extras (and with IPs basically ensuring a "best of" house), there really isn't much else to say.

I realize it's not Universal's priority to make sure fanboys check their site everyday; it doesn't help their profit margin one bit. But we're all here to be fans of the event, not Uni's business model. As a fan, I'd be very disappointed if this was the approach they decided to take.

Even if the extras are a bomb this year, it won't bother me too much. It's just one year. But if it's a trend...that would be troublesome. All this being said, I'm not saying that this will actually happen. I have faith in Universal, and it's only July, after all.

Oh. And can we stop with the "if you don't like it, don't go!" approach? Seriously. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blizzrock13

Ask yourself this question...

Will the speculation forums, website, games, teasers, theme and/or back story make you spend more money in the park AFTER you bought the ticket? Maybe you MIGHT but some merchandise.... Sure you might buy some adult beverages... BUT you are in the door folks!!

Oh... No you say...

Well my forum friends... there is the answer.

With this year being in the flux of changes and construction, Corporate doesn't need to spend the $$ on all the things we love to get us in the gate. Ultimately that's what they want... to get us in the door. Right now Uni seems to riding on their reputation to make it through this year. So, we go, we fill out the surveys and hope for the best again next year. I seriously doubt that many of us will NOT GO based purely on speculation this year. Now after the event and the speculation of HHN 23 some may decide not to go... which is understandable.

As JWfearman stated above... We all get it... We all want in depth themes, icons, ect... but this doesn't seem like it's happening this year. But we haven't even been to the event. We can have this discussion the end of September AFTER the event has started.

It's getting VERY difficult to read this thread... People are being rude, petty and snide. We are all passionate about this event but I think it's gotten out of hand. We have opinions and have the right to express them but let's not turn on each other. (Yes you will now start bashing my post... oh well *I tried*).

If you really think this year stinks AFTER you have attended the event then use your words and let UNI know.

PLEASE!!! Can we get back to speculating???

So I am excited about the clues for the haunted mansion... I could see this house being very scary! :)

• Like 8

Do you guys think that due to a decreased house count, Uni would invest a little more in the scare zones? Not so much the numbers but the amount of stuff in a set. For me, a big problem of the scare zones was not the actors, but the ambience. I know we have had many safe scare zones in the past that relied on the actors more than the environment, but I felt like last year had a lot of great scenery in half of the scare zones, and then kind of lost it in others. For instance, they utilized the light effects very well on the buildings for Acid Assault, and the detail in "bat forest" was heavy. But then we had the Canyon scare zone which was just, well unflattering. I am wondering if they could move the man power and money from one house to multiple scare zones, if the money even works that way. Even without the extra setting, more fog is never a bad thing! :)

the only reason we are getting 7 or 6 houses is because of the Construction, we do not know if we will always get 7 houses from here on, doesn't matter if you think my argument is invalid or not, because this year is a wild card,

in the past years we have always have had more houses than Hollywood, more original houses than Hollywood, the fact that Hollywood is getting 6 mazes (the "Terror Tram" does Not count as a maze, sorry) now doesn't change the fact that we had more houses before, what if we get 8 houses next year?

the fact that Hollywood is getting more mazes actually means they are becoming more like us over here,

Whoa.... Don't get your hate for Hollywood. I like both events and follow both equally even though I have never been to Orlando. So, and keep an open mind this time, your argument states the Terror Tram is not a maze? It is a haunted attraction. Just to let you know, Haunted attraction = Maze, sometimes people use the term interchangeably. So this year, we have 7 Haunted Attractions, you have 7 haunted attractions. Don't see how you can interpret that any other way. I was pointing out you said Orlando will ALWAYS have more haunted attractions than Hollywood, I was pointing out that this is FALSE, this year we will be equal in attraction numbers. You can't say this is a wild card year and it's because of construction because you stated ALWAYS, if anything, maybe next time don't say ALWAYS, and say something like "Orlando will have more mazes than Hollywood, unless there is a problem forcing Orlando to have equal to or less than Hollywood for some reason." I know that sounds like a "lawyer" answer, BUT it would help to avoid situations like this in the future. :)

Simple, really. A haunted house. Vortex. Creepy bedroom scene. Static TV...

Oh... Wait...

And that's where I got confused. I love that IP, but since it takes place in a newly constructed housing complex, I couldn't make the Victorian house connection...

Unless They're Back in another house...

Come on, Uni, confuse me some more. You know I like it. :P

Whoa.... Don't get your hate for Hollywood. I like both events and follow both equally even though I have never been to Orlando. So, and keep an open mind this time, your argument states the Terror Tram is not a maze? It is a haunted attraction. Just to let you know, Haunted attraction = Maze, sometimes people use the term interchangeably. So this year, we have 7 Haunted Attractions, you have 7 haunted attractions. Don't see how you can interpret that any other way. I was pointing out you said Orlando will ALWAYS have more haunted attractions than Hollywood, I was pointing out that this is FALSE, this year we will be equal in attraction numbers. You can't say this is a wild card year and it's because of construction because you stated ALWAYS, if anything, maybe next time don't say ALWAYS, and say something like "Orlando will have more mazes than Hollywood, unless there is a problem forcing Orlando to have equal to or less than Hollywood for some reason." I know that sounds like a "lawyer" answer, BUT it would help to avoid situations like this in the future. :)

I get it, seems like you took my post, took it completely out of context, and twist my words around, your answer still makes no sense to my original post, but that is okay, I am not here to argue, if you want to argue pick someone else, 'kay buddy ^_^

(really do not understand the point of coming to the Orlando board to argue if you have never come to the Orlando Event, do you see me picking arguments over the Hollywood board?)

Edited by black mask

I get it, seems like you took my post, took it completely out of context, and twist my words around, your answer still makes no sense to my original post, but that is okay, I am not here to argue, if you want to argue pick someone else, 'kay buddy ^_^

(really do not understand the point of coming to the Orlando board to argue, do you see me picking arguments over the Hollywood board?)

I'm not coming on the Orlando side to argue, I am speculating like everyone else. I've posted throughout this topic and others speculating this event. But I get it, you don't want me to prove your post FALSE and I get that, I'm stopping this "argument" right now. On to speculation.

It seems, for now, that the IP sharing is done for this year. Only AC, SH and WD will be at both events, which is a good thing it is contained to just those, I suppose, the rumors from Hollywood have suggested our last few mazes will not be, at any way, related to the Orlando mazes, unless for some reason we both get Poltergeist out of a weird twist of events. So this should please those who are worried about IP sharing. :)

I'm not coming on the Orlando side to argue, I am speculating like everyone else. I've posted throughout this topic and others speculating this event. But I get it, you don't want me to prove your post FALSE and I get that, I'm stopping this "argument" right now. On to speculation.

It seems, for now, that the IP sharing is done for this year. Only AC, SH and WD will be at both events, which is a good thing it is contained to just those, I suppose, the rumors from Hollywood have suggested our last few mazes will not be, at any way, related to the Orlando mazes, unless for some reason we both get Poltergeist out of a weird twist of events. So this should please those who are worried about IP sharing. :)

let me explain,

the reason that I said what I said,

because people are freaking out all over that Orlando will become Hollywood, everyone knows Orlando is the better event than Hollywood, we don't get repeats, we got better websites in the past, we got more original houses in the past, we got More Houses In The Past....

now that it seems both events are going to have same houses and things in Orlando will become more like Hollywood, some folks are freaking,

my post was saying that, USUALLY, MOST of the time, Orlando gets more houses than Hollywood, EXCEPT for this year, and Orlando usually Most Likely gets more original ideas because of the people working here on the houses,

when construction is over we might go back to having 8 houses, while Hollywood, most likely, for the most part, will have 6 or 7,

maybe both parks will stay at 7, maybe, possibly, who knows, maybe Orlando goes back to 6, or 5, maybe hollywood finds a way to do 10 houses....

my post was in no way about the number of houses specifically, it was more about how Orlando is becoming like Hollywood and how that will suck, so I find it odd that you chose that particular thing to say i was wrong... but I still think we will still most likely get one more house in the near future and we will most likely get more original ideas, I do not think in my personal opinion that Orlando will necessarily become like Hollywood yet, things on both coasts work differently, HHN Hollywood gets the Go Go dancers for example, even though I wish we got that here, we will never get girls dancing at Orlando, for example, that was my point,

so, Yes You caught me, I Said always, my mistake, even though that had nothing to do with the main point of my post, you win, I used that one wrong word,

my bad :P

Edited by black mask

^I didn't want to win an argument, I didn't even want there to be an argument, lol. I was just defending Hollywood. Hollywood and Orlando are different animals completely. Each is amazing for what they are. Orlando has always been what Hollywood should look to to be inspired by. I just don't like when people belittle Hollywood's event because Orlando is held on such a high pedestal. I get it, but Orlando's been doing it for 22 years, Hollywood, in its current state, has only been for 7 years. Even though Hollywood started HHN in the 80's for a one time thing. So the whole "Orlando turning into Hollywood" BS has me on the defensive, lol. I would love for Hollywood to be more like Orlando, but Orlando having a little bit of our event in them, isn't a bad thing. So sorry for this whole thing, just defending our event, sure you would do the same. Let's get back to speculation. :)

• Like 1

^I didn't want to win an argument, I didn't even want there to be an argument, lol. I was just defending Hollywood. Hollywood and Orlando are different animals completely. Each is amazing for what they are. Orlando has always been what Hollywood should look to to be inspired by. I just don't like when people belittle Hollywood's event because Orlando is held on such a high pedestal. I get it, but Orlando's been doing it for 22 years, Hollywood, in its current state, has only been for 7 years. Even though Hollywood started HHN in the 80's for a one time thing. So the whole "Orlando turning into Hollywood" BS has me on the defensive, lol. I would love for Hollywood to be more like Orlando, but Orlando having a little bit of our event in them, isn't a bad thing. So sorry for this whole thing, just defending our event, sure you would do the same. Let's get back to speculation.

See I knew it! you had a motive for your original answer to my post! :o :o

to defend HHN Hollywood

and, I totally get what you mean, HHNH is still better than anything out there, I hear the houses over there in 2007 of jason and Leatherface were longer and better than ours, actually I think that happens every time, there is more detail over there, I think I've heard, and in 2009 you guys got a Halloween house, and we didn't which made me really mad,

plus like i said, you guys get sexy girls dancing in little outfits, that would Never happen here,

I wasn't so much trashing Hollywood as trying to say that Orlando won't become Hollywood, it just won't, i don't see it happening, but people are totally freaking out by that,

and people are blaming the IP houses for it, which is nonsense, that's what my post was about, defending the IP houses

LOL :lol:

Edited by black mask

^Okay, i see this more clearly now. With all the "Blame Hollywood" rhetoric going on around here, I figured you got sucked in, lol. I see what you meant and I 100% agree with you. And it's funny, your original post was defending Orlando by not turning into Hollywood, and mine was defending Hollywood.

wait a minute,

so we are getting Poltergeist?

No. ..well as of right now, its a "no". Its just that one of scenes found on the permit could tie-into a bedroom scene or two from the movie. And the vortex room (spinning tunnel) could be used as a way to "go into the light". But those are just a stretch in the imagination right now. It could end up just being a generic haunted mansion-esque house with only nods to different "haunted house" type movies.

so.. consider the house to be "original", until the full website reveal....

Ask yourself this question...

Will the speculation forums, website, games, teasers, theme and/or back story make you spend more money in the park AFTER you bought the ticket? Maybe you MIGHT but some merchandise.... Sure you might buy some adult beverages... BUT you are in the door folks!!

Oh... No you say...

Well my forum friends... there is the answer.

With this year being in the flux of changes and construction, Corporate doesn't need to spend the $$ on all the things we love to get us in the gate. Ultimately that's what they want... to get us in the door. Right now Uni seems to riding on their reputation to make it through this year. So, we go, we fill out the surveys and hope for the best again next year. I seriously doubt that many of us will NOT GO based purely on speculation this year. Now after the event and the speculation of HHN 23 some may decide not to go... which is understandable.

As JWfearman stated above... We all get it... We all want in depth themes, icons, ect... but this doesn't seem like it's happening this year. But we haven't even been to the event. We can have this discussion the end of September AFTER the event has started.

It's getting VERY difficult to read this thread... People are being rude, petty and snide. We are all passionate about this event but I think it's gotten out of hand. We have opinions and have the right to express them but let's not turn on each other. (Yes you will now start bashing my post... oh well *I tried*).

If you really think this year stinks AFTER you have attended the event then use your words and let UNI know.

PLEASE!!! Can we get back to speculating???

So I am excited about the clues for the haunted mansion... I could see this house being very scary! :)

Ahhh forever the voice of reason lol. Well said Teach I couldn't agree more. I think it's a fact that no matter what they had planned for this year I'd attend anyway because I believe in giving it a chance. The only true opinion I can give should be based on facts after I have experienced what they have to offer. Im even willing to give P&T a fair shake of the dice and hope my initial reaction to their house was wrong. I'll be TRYING to use the exit poles whether good or bad and ive already started practising my American accent (sorry that's a private joke for those who know me lol).

So far I've been impressed with the houses revealed and I'm eager to see what the others have in store for us. If the Victorian house turns out to be what the rumours say it might be I think you may need therepy after the event Teach lol. I might need it too if the Alice Cooper house has that spider room in it! *Shudders* There has not been much talk about the Gargoyle house in awhile and I think this has great potential. An old gothic and creepy church is a fantastic setting for a house and I can't help but think of elements of last years excellent Winters Night when I imagine this house. I imagine a setting where it's difficult to determine which gargoyles are statues and which ones are scareactors. This should provide great scares. Pretty excited about that one!

• Like 1

Just a reminder to those who just want info and don't care for the constant debate. The best info we have at the moment can be found in the in this thread. I try to keep it updated with the most up to date info so you don't have to weed through the discussion.

Here is some new info: A sign (for one of the next house updates) was seen on the road... heading into Universal yesterday.. that is all :)

• Like 4

Here is some new info: A sign (for one of the next house updates) was seen on the road... heading into Universal yesterday.. that is all :)

Which is funny... Because the sign would work best with one of the houses we speculated for last year but didn't happen...

• Like 1