HHN 22 Speculation

original ideas have not always been good houses, I really don't get why everyone thinks this to be true, Bloody Mary sucked really bad, there have been some original idea houses that were not great, just like some IP houses have been amazing, and some houses that people think are original (Like Forsaken) are inspired by IP it really depends,

In my opinion Bloody Mary was more for directed towards us in the Legendary Truth rather than the general public. It wasn't great but it was a good tie in as a nugget of experience for a story tie in for the investigation. But it wasn't terrible like Jack's funhouse the previous year.

But it wasn't terrible like Jack's funhouse the previous year.

Jack's Funhouse had more going for it than Reflections of Failure... not to mention it actually had a "mirror scare".

Despite RoF being geared towards fans, it was poorly executed. It was the same house duplicated- half 1958 & the other half 2008 in reverse order.

I'll be honest, I'm not looking too forward to this year. I feel like we are turning into HHN Hollywood. I'm not trying to be rude when i say that, but i feel like Orlando has always done great coming up with original house ideas and themes. That is what makes me so excited to go every year. In the past, i would have been checking the site everyday but this year, it is completely different. this year, we already have three houses based on other things, all of which i am still skeptical about. the website is not even themed so far and it is already late July. i really hope there is an amazing central theme that ties all these things together. we now have a "horror rock" house, a "TV series" house, and a "video game" house...

• Like 2

We've come face to face with FEAR; pressed our LUCK...now we are in for something that nobody expected...

The overall arching-theme and icon for this year will be....MEDIA!

So far we (officially) have a music house, a tv show house, and a video game/movie house.

Now all we need are a newspaper/magazine house, a stage performance house (P & T), a photography house, an e-reader/book house and of course, the icon house (which could be Comcast corporate headquarters; where we get a terrifying glimpse at MEDIA itself!)

I'll be the first to admit, that mainstream media is indeed terrifying. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how Universal personifies it...

:) :) :)

• Like 6

the only problem i have so far is the feeling of surprise. this is now 3 houses that wil not give me that feeling of woah what kind of monsters am i going to see, because ive see and played silent hill so no surprise there with what ill see, i watch twd all the time, and as for ac i can see videos and pretty much make out what the scare actors are going to look like. yes, they may look a little different from hollywood last year but still not by alot. im still going to love seeing these houses but like i said the feeling of surprise isnt going to be there as much as the other years. im also bummed out because last year at the tweet up i dont remember who but he said he was excited for this year, that its going to be amazing so ive been waiting to see this amazing year and wow its so plain to me so far. i hope a&d soesnt let me down

Just because you think you know what the characters for Silent Hill,The Walking Dead,and Alice Cooper look like dosent mean you will know where they will pop out from...

And once again this isn't the first time IP's have come to the event..ex.2007 & 2009 and many other years...

• Like 2

Let me rephrase one more time. Orlando HHN is better FOR ME. I have my reasons, and they are my reasons. Would I turn down an offer to go to Hollywood's event? Nope. If I was given a choice of one over the other - Orlando, every time. Was Hollywood enjoyable? Hell yes.

Did we ever have these type of arguments about IP back in 07 and 09 (or even before)???? I sure don't remember..... But it feels like this year is sorta like 07 and 09. Right now we have our main 3 AC, TWD, And SH, where in 07 we had Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and 09 we had SAW, Chucky, and The Wolfman. The only thing we are missing is Scarezone themes, show info(except for B&T), Overall Theme, Icon, and a good website....

We still don't have a lot of facts in yet, we have only vague house hints. Even the P&T house may not be all about them, maybe it's just designed by them.

This year, in a way, feels like watered down soda, we know it's soda, but it doesn't taste right. Maybe it's the way the event is presenting itself???

I'm happy they are trying out new things, I don't care if it's IP, it introduced me to a great show (TWD) and some music that interests me (AC).

In past years they tried something new by having The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Brian Brushwood, and Death Drums (using it as an example) and although I love RH, DD, and despise BB, I wouldn't have known if they were any good or bad. Same goes for houses.

Give this year a chance and if any of you think none of this is worthy of being at Universal, bitch to them! They gotta make mistakes in order to better themselves. Nobody's perfect..... Sorry for the long post.....

• Like 2

In the Universal email, they mention the 7 deadly sins....anyone think this was already in the works from last year? We did have that seven deadly sins scarezone...Maybe that was a dry run taken down a few notches. Maybe it's just coincidence, though I tend to not believe in those :)

Back to 20B/Mansion spec. I don't see why an old Victorian mansion would need a vortex tunnel, unless it pertained to the story line of the house. And that made me think, what if it's to transport us back in time to visit the house? And that made me think of the Spirit Seekers. Maybe they built a type of time machine to go back in time to investigate this mansion for ghosts that could possibly be haunting the house in the present time? Just a thought that came to me today and i could be completely off

Edited by foREVer56

If anything I would think everyone would really be excited to see how Universal can pull off all these houses based on different types of media. This is their opportunity to reach a much larger audience for the event. You've got your gamers who will want to see what the SH house is all about, the television viewers who want to check out TWD house and then your rockers who want to see what Alice Cooper can pull off. And that's just three houses, whose to say what Uni has up their sleeves for the remaining ones, not to mention the scarezones?

Let's face it, we are moving into our 22nd year of this event, it's time to start thinking out of the box and going with some well known properties (SH and TWD) to keep long time fans intrigued and gain the interest of newer ones. In the 22 years I've attended this event, I can say that I've only been disappointed a handful of times...and something tells me this year, I won't be disappointed at all.

• Like 8

Moved posts related to Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare to it's own thread.

We now have the House & Scare Zone sub-forums active for the three announced houses, please keep anything related to them in their own threads.

Not much is known in that area. I think most likely no icon.

from the HHN website the walking dead seems to be the "big" house their promoting and during comic con they had a one of the nurses in full form holding a HHN sign...my guess for right now its going to be TWD dead type of icon and more specifically that creepy nurse (someone posted the pic a few pages back)

from the HHN website the walking dead seems to be the "big" house their promoting and during comic con they had a one of the nurses in full form holding a HHN sign...my guess for right now its going to be TWD dead type of icon and more specifically that creepy nurse (someone posted the pic a few pages back)

Don't count on an icon. They're relying on the IPs and houses themselves for marketing.

The nurse is from SH, not TWD. And a few have said their main focus will be P&T, which i can believe. I think they might save them for the full reveal, showing them as the main event of this year.

Do you think this means that this year rather then seeing the typical main icon on the billboards and ads, we will probally see characters like The Nurses, Rick Grimes (or a group of zombies from the show), Alice Cooper, and Penn and Teller on them instead? And I may be a tad late/ and confused, but is the DE house being replaced with a Universal Monsters as some sources claim?

Do you think this means that this year rather then seeing the typical main icon on the billboards and ads, we will probally see characters like The Nurses, Rick Grimes (or a group of zombies from the show), Alice Cooper, and Penn and Teller on them instead? And I may be a tad late/ and confused, but is the DE house being replaced with a Universal Monsters as some sources claim?

Well, there are multiple billboards for the different properties in the Superstar parade...

And no. We don't know what the 7th house is.

Well, there are multiple billboards for the different properties in the Superstar parade...

And no. We don't know what the 7th house is.

I'll be honest, I'm not looking too forward to this year. I feel like we are turning into HHN Hollywood. I'm not trying to be rude when i say that, but i feel like Orlando has always done great coming up with original house ideas and themes. That is what makes me so excited to go every year. In the past, i would have been checking the site everyday but this year, it is completely different. this year, we already have three houses based on other things, all of which i am still skeptical about. the website is not even themed so far and it is already late July. i really hope there is an amazing central theme that ties all these things together. we now have a "horror rock" house, a "TV series" house, and a "video game" house...

actually I'm starting to think if people being disappointed and not going might end up being a good thing lol, God knows this year will be super crowded, :lol:

the only problem i have so far is the feeling of surprise. this is now 3 houses that wil not give me that feeling of woah what kind of monsters am i going to see, because ive see and played silent hill so no surprise there with what ill see, i watch twd all the time, and as for ac i can see videos and pretty much make out what the scare actors are going to look like. yes, they may look a little different from hollywood last year but still not by alot. im still going to love seeing these houses but like i said the feeling of surprise isnt going to be there as much as the other years. im also bummed out because last year at the tweet up i dont remember who but he said he was excited for this year, that its going to be amazing so ive been waiting to see this amazing year and wow its so plain to me so far. i hope a&d soesnt let me down

Just because you think you know what the characters for Silent Hill,The Walking Dead,and Alice Cooper look like dosent mean you will know where they will pop out from...

And once again this isn't the first time IP's have come to the event..ex.2007 & 2009 and many other years...

I agree, going from Video game format to real life is not only very different, but those characters coming at you, inches from you, in the flesh.... yeah that is a silly premise that playing the games will mean you wont be surprised or scared,

I think it will be exactly the opposite, it will be more scary since we know how freakish the creatures of Silent Hill are,

Did we ever have these type of arguments about IP back in 07 and 09 (or even before)???? I sure don't remember..... But it feels like this year is sorta like 07 and 09. Right now we have our main 3 AC, TWD, And SH, where in 07 we had Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and 09 we had SAW, Chucky, and The Wolfman. The only thing we are missing is Scarezone themes, show info(except for B&T), Overall Theme, Icon, and a good website....

We still don't have a lot of facts in yet, we have only vague house hints. Even the P&T house may not be all about them, maybe it's just designed by them.

This year, in a way, feels like watered down soda, we know it's soda, but it doesn't taste right. Maybe it's the way the event is presenting itself???

I'm happy they are trying out new things, I don't care if it's IP, it introduced me to a great show (TWD) and some music that interests me (AC).

In past years they tried something new by having The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Brian Brushwood, and Death Drums (using it as an example) and although I love RH, DD, and despise BB, I wouldn't have known if they were any good or bad. Same goes for houses.

Give this year a chance and if any of you think none of this is worthy of being at Universal, bitch to them! They gotta make mistakes in order to better themselves. Nobody's perfect..... Sorry for the long post.....

this year will be like 2007 and 2009 yes, I think so, and while those years had some of the best houses, the worst scarezones (or Lack of) were those same years, seems like the IP years had great houses (for me at least, I loved the houses in 2007 and 2009 for the most part) but the least favorite scarezones, 2007 had nothing in the streets, and 2009 had some weird and bad zones,

I am happy we are getting 7 houses, I am glad for the IPs being used, and I have faith we will have good houses,

I am still a little worried about the zones, specially because they are going to try hoarding zones this year, which could be great or could be not, of course I am still hopeful for the zones and I want to enjoy the event, but I am still a little worried for the streets this year,

2007 had nothing in the streets

I am still a little worried about the zones, specially because they are going to try hoarding zones this year, which could be great or could be not, of course I am still hopeful for the zones and I want to enjoy the event, but I am still a little worried for the streets this year,

Actually 2007 did have one official fully themed scarezone in central park- "Troupe Macabre". Then they had the chainsaws outside of Disaster. Carousel horse motorcycles in Hollywood. Mask-less treaks/foons in Shrek Alley, a few carnies (one of which was in a bumper car) in NY...

However they were supposed to have more than this... they had originally planned a Freddy sz for Shrek Alley & Leatherface to lead the CDT among other things here/there (including a photo-op with the big 3), BUT NewLineCinema had all sorts of restrictions on the event which caused A&D to go through all sorts of red tape. The restrictions/red tape didnt just apply to the streets either.. but that is a different convo for another time.

In regards to this year.. don't expect roaming hordes as in roaming everywhere... before there were scarezones like we're used to seeing, all that was on the streets were scarezones with little to no set design & a shit load of fog. Since they can't really heavily theme the streets that are along the parade route... expect to have fog & scareactors... But now for the non-parade areas like "central park" or "San Francisco" (Disaster), those SHOULD have actual themed scarezones. And so far, the only scareactors that may or may not roam around the park are zombie hordes. But we have 7 codename colors, which is 7 areas of the park. So the streets should be fine this year, even if they aren't "heavily themed"...

Actually 2007 did have one official fully themed scarezone in central park- "Troupe Macabre". Then they had the chainsaws outside of Disaster. Carousel horse motorcycles in Hollywood. Mask-less treaks/foons in Shrek Alley, a few carnies (one of which was in a bumper car) in NY...

However they were supposed to have more than this... they had originally planned a Freddy sz for Shrek Alley & Leatherface to lead the CDT among other things here/there (including a photo-op with the big 3), BUT NewLineCinema had all sorts of restrictions on the event which caused A&D to go through all sorts of red tape. The restrictions/red tape didnt just apply to the streets either.. but that is a different convo for another time.

In regards to this year.. don't expect roaming hordes as in roaming everywhere... before there were scarezones like we're used to seeing, all that was on the streets were scarezones with little to no set design & a shit load of fog. Since they can't really heavily theme the streets that are along the parade route... expect to have fog & scareactors... But now for the non-parade areas like "central park" or "San Francisco" (Disaster), those SHOULD have actual themed scarezones. And so far, the only scareactors that may or may not roam around the park are zombie hordes. But we have 7 codename colors, which is 7 areas of the park. So the streets should be fine this year, even if they aren't "heavily themed"...

well I really hope you are right about the streets being fine, and I have no doubt in my mind that the houses will be great, all of them, I really hope the streets are good too,

I really do not understand why people at Uni would try to do a Freddy and Jason scarezone, that is so stupid, I am sorry but, it seems to me the whole point of any IP house is to show the characters in their environment, and obviously to have then as a nice surprise in their houses, I would have never thought scarezones out in the open with the characters would be a good idea, what the hell were they thinking? I am not surprised that New line said no...